Most Overused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
Which character are you just SICK of?

Doesn't matter if you like them, if they totally rock, or whatever..
The question is who is just so overused that they need to go away for a while? This could be in comics or merchandise/movies/tv/etc.

I respond with Batman.

Yeah he's cool.... but seriously. EVERY DC TV show features him at some point. There have been multiple Bats titles going at once. Marvel puts out movies regarding several different characters......... DC puts out an occasional one between the Batman flicks.

There's batman clothes, diapers, condoms,... whatever. Just a lil tired of the Bat.

Plus "Batkick" has been used on this forum like 9,224,023 times.

For marvel I'd say Wolverine, but he's still not as overused as the Bat.

Galan007
marvel events in general.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy

The question is who is just so overused that they need to go away for a while? This could be in comics or merchandise/movies/tv/etc.

I respond with Batman.

Yeah he's cool.... but seriously. EVERY DC TV show features him at some point. There have been multiple Bats titles going at once. Marvel puts out movies regarding several different characters......... DC puts out an occasional one between the Batman flicks.

There's batman clothes, diapers, condoms,... whatever. Just a lil tired of the Bat.

For marvel I'd say Wolverine, but he's still not as overused as the Bat. no expression

ozz81
Spidey gets overused a fair bit ...

psycho gundam

I respond with Batman.

For marvel I'd say Wolverine, but he's still not as overused as the Bat. batman is the best character in dc by a large margin, even including the ones they annexed

(the "hulk sucks" horde incoming in 3..2..)

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007
marvel events in general. No more calls. We have a winner.

Damborgson
Wolverine

pym-ftw
Thor, love him bit he needs to go away for a bit

And stop jobbing

Sin I AM
Sorta tired of events, they don't add anything to characters development

Tar-Antado
Thor but only because I am tired of the whining of Thorbags after he's not portrayed best in every category.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
Thor but only because I am tired of the whining of Thorbags after he's not portrayed best in every category.

no expression ....Thor is getting disrespected of late

Newjak
I wouldn't mind Thor
*reads Tar-Antado post*
...girl to go away. She way too exposed right now. She needs a break no expression

Seriously I want Thor to take a break because he is getting overused and whether you love or hate him he might need a small break.

Hulk is getting up there but not as bad.

Deadpool was getting crazy.

DC can't afford for Batman to take break in fact they need to double his workload stick out tongue

BlackZero30x
no one I can think of that is worse then Wolverine.

-Pr-
Colossus.

Revert him back to his best form, please.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Tar-Antado

you shut your whore mouth

Originally posted by -Pr-
Colossus.

Revert him back to his best form, please.

thumb up

HueyFreeman
Status quo end issues. When a series takes time to develop a character only to undo all the development in the final issue of the series. I hate that.

JakeTheBank
Thor's not overused. He's a premier character who happens to be a founding member of the most popular franchise in Marvel currently.

Sin I AM
Shut your whore mouth newjak Thor girls moment in the sun will one day be uon us! smile

celeyhyga17
Thanos as a villian is overused.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thanos as a villian is overused. Good one. Thanos is a grandiose villian. Stop making him do trivial stuff.

Newjak
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Shut your whore mouth newjak Thor girls moment in the sun will one day be uon us! smile Maybe someday but not this day stick out tongue

dmills
Wolverine

Cogito
Originally posted by Damborgson
Wolverine Originally posted by dmills
Wolverine
/thread

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man

PillarofOsiris
Thor's hammer knocking him out is getting a bit overused.

CosmicComet
Thor.

Just kill him for a good 10 years.

I don't want to see him be the butt monkey any longer.

8swords
Originally posted by ozz81
Spidey gets overused a fair bit ...

hater...

AsbestosFlaygon
Batman
Hulk
Wolverine
Thor

Rao Kal El
Wolverine and Batman

Tar-Antado
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor's not overused. He's a premier character who happens to be a founding member of the most popular franchise in Marvel currently.

Truly he is. It's the incessant whining of his fans I can't stand.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Spider-Man

What the f**k?

Nephthys
Superboy Prime.

In that he was used in the first place. no expression

Nihilist
Doom

-Pr-
Iron Fist
Kyle Rayner
Doom
Guy Gardner

DarkSaint85
Iron Fist
Kyle Rayner
Doom
Guy Gardner

roll eyes (sarcastic)

psycho gundam
nobody mentioned superman yet. wow

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
roll eyes (sarcastic)

sneer

Nihilist
Oh and Aquaman

-Pr-
lol.

Honestly though, my picks would be:

Colossus (revert him please).
Young X-Kids that somehow show up the adults that have years more experience.
The Hulk wanking in shit books (seriously, just do it in good books and not for some ridiculous battleboard reason).
Thor as a punching bag.
Matt Idelson's anti-Superman agenda.

DarkSaint85
Aquaman
Superman
Hulk
Thor
Iron Fist
Thanos
Ozymandias
Constantine

Seriousish post?
Deadpool
Wolverine

I'm fine with the others. It remains to be seen how much the DC characters get used when they start crossing over to each others books more.

psycho gundam
lol.

Honestly though, my picks would be:

Colossus (revert him please).
Young X-Kids that somehow show up the adults that have years more experience.
The Hulk wanking in shit books (seriously, just do it in good books and not for some ridiculous battleboard reason).
Thor as a punching bag.
Matt Idelson's anti-Superman agenda. none of which are "overused".

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
none of which are "overused".

I think they are... shrug

Endless Mike
Wolverine

Mindset
Iron Fist
Kyle Rayner
Doom
Phuck you.

Nihilist
Lol

The Sorrow
thumb up

Thor needs a break, AvX alone is proof of that, but he has appeared in one too many books over the last year or so imo. That's likely due to the success of the Thor and Avengers movie though.

Wolverine. I'm just sick of seeing him appear in half of Marvel's books every week and it never seems to let up.

Colossus. He has been appearing more frequently and still does nothing no expression

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Phuck you.

vin

TheGodKiller
Iron Fist
Kyle Rayner
Doom
Guy Gardner
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm3gzqOKgf1qbkkdv.gif

the Darkone
Wolverine
Spider Man

Inhuman

thumb up

-Pr-
Superman is in three comics at the moment.

Hardly overused.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, none of the DC characters can be said to be overused, really, when they don't have films out and they've just rebooted everything.

Except Batman....

carver9
Aquaman is overused.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by carver9
Aquaman is overused.

confused

psycho gundam
Superman is in three comics at the moment.

Hardly overused. pre-flashpoint.

srankmissingnin

I respond with Batman.

For marvel I'd say Wolverine, but he's still not as overused as the Bat.

Since your gripes seem to primarily based off merchandising and product placement, the most "over used" characters are Batman, Spider-man and Superman. No one else really comes close to those two, the next closed would probably be Iron Man oddly enough.

Looking solely at comic appearances the most "over used" would be Batman, Spider-man and Wolverine. Deadpool is on a down swing, but he was up there this time last year, and Superman is usually right at the top of that list but he hasn't been getting as much play since the relaunch.

JakeTheBank
pre-flashpoint.

Actually, pre-Flashpoint, Superman took a backseat to the likes of Green Lantern (which incidently pissed a lot of people off on the DC forums). He was still getting play, but GL was everywhere as at the time, he and Batman were two most popular franchises going thanks in large part to Morrison's run and John's War of Light saga.

psycho gundam
there are 3600 lanterns, 4 from earth (5 if you count alan scott), odds are they will be at an event concerning the cosmos. now you can add a shitload more with the rainbow squad

superman has just as many if not more convenient uses of "his" power than any lantern does.

JakeTheBank
I won't argue that.

But right before the Flashpoint event, Superman was just kinda...there. He wasn't the focus point of the DCU, which is what pissed off a bunch of people because they felt John's forced the spotlight on Hal and company.

Considering how the War of Light saga had generally, been consistently good, and Superman's stories...well, hadn't, I can't see how that's Johns' or GL's fault. Some of the complaints online were hilarious, though.

Galan007
Before Flashpoint, Batman and Lanterns were featured in a LOT more monthly comics than Superman-- who only had 2 or 3 books, iirc.

psycho gundam
they gave superman plot armour, that should hold over the "wah, superman should have been the star before the reboot" guys for decades

srankmissingnin
I won't argue that.

But right before the Flashpoint event, Superman was just kinda...there. He wasn't the focus point of the DCU, which is what pissed off a bunch of people because they felt John's forced the spotlight on Hal and company.

Considering how the War of Light saga had generally, been consistently good, and Superman's stories...well, hadn't, I can't see how that's Johns' or GL's fault. Some of the complaints online were hilarious, though.

I don't think being a "focus point" really matters, Superman might have just kinda been there... but he was just kinda there a lot... and "there" tended to be synonymous with "everywhere". Look at it through the lens of Wolverine. Outside of a few key stories like HoM or Schism, Wolverine is rarely integral to the plot of the X-men (never mind the greater Marvel U as a whole)... but I doubt there are many who would say he hasn't been over used. The guy has been virtually non existent in all of Marvel's huge events since HoM... he's barely played a role in AvX in spite of all the hype Marvel was doing about his involvement in the event... but he shows up a lot for bit parts in a ton of books and usually does nothing.

psycho gundam
do you know how many teams wolverine is on? he's every-phuckin-where

he's the leader of x-force, his own x-team, and on the avengers at the same time

srankmissingnin
do you know how many teams wolverine is on? he's every-phuckin-where

he's the leader of x-force, his own x-team, and on the avengers at the same time

Being a member of a bunch of teams goes down easier than a bunch of solo titles. At least on a team there is division of labor and task delegation. Plus if the cast is large enough Wolverine can just not show up like he did for the majority of New Avengers v1.

Also a good deal of Wolverine and the X-Men (and it's sister books) has revolved around no one being able to find Wolverine because of his schedule and Kitty or Rachel having to step up in his absence. Which is funny, but good to address.

psycho gundam
stop, you can't justify this

Branlor Swift
Didn't Wolverine also have like 30 solo titles running at the same time?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Before Flashpoint, Batman and Lanterns were featured in a LOT more monthly comics than Superman-- who only had 2 or 3 books, iirc.

thumb up

Superman wasn't even in his own books for a while due to the World of New Krypton event.

That coupled with the epics Morrison and Johns put out for Batman and GL and all the tie ins they spawned pushed Superman to the background.

JakeTheBank
they gave superman plot armour, that should hold over the "wah, superman should have been the star before the reboot" guys for decades

One of the more colorful complaints was that Morrison and Johns had a joint conspiracy to make Batman and GL the stars of DC and the new "World's Finest" because they hate Superman....even though they both wrote great and acclaimed Superman stories before that. no expression

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Didn't Wolverine also have like 30 solo titles running at the same time?

He had four going once, but one stared Daken as "Dark Wolverine," and one was a "untold tales" type book feature stories from the past.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Aquaman is overused.

You're dead to me.

pre-flashpoint.

If you want to go back to IC and such, sure. But just before Flashpoint, he was horribly under-represented.

psycho gundam
not literally right before flashpoint

JakeTheBank
I think Superman's down hill turn came right after Final Crisis, which ironically, was basically a testament to Superman being gawd in DC.

-Pr-
I think Superman's down hill turn came right after Final Crisis, which ironically, was basically a testament to Superman being gawd in DC.

It started when James Robinson started writing the book, and McDuffie took more control of JLA.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.