Thor vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
MM at best and peak vs

1.Regular/classic Thor
2.KT
3.RKT
Who wins in each of the above and how?

JakeTheBank
1. Thor
2. lol
3. lmao

Damborgson
Originally posted by ozz81
MM at best and peak vs

1.Regular/classic Thor
2.KT
3.RKT

Who wins in each of the above how and why?

Ok man...Thor and martianmanhunter are in the same ball park. Regular Thor. If you throw in two other Thors who are vastly superior to Thor its gonna be spite of epic proportions. So just stick to regular Thor with theses types of guys bro smile

Golgo13
MM
Thor
Thor.

Regular Thor would probably get mindraped and get KO'd.

JakeTheBank
Regular Thor has had pretty impressive mental resistance feats. His instance of being mindraped by Moondragon - which generally is the example most people use to gauge Thor's mental defenses - is off set by the times he's resisted psychic assaults.

ColossusGrundy
1.MM
2.MM 5.5 out of 10
3.Thor

Gets better for Thor as it goes up

Golgo13
Yeah, he could be, but can he survive an assault of MM phasing, speed, TP, and amping his stats, before Thor gets KO'd?

JakeTheBank
Thor's best is beyond J'onn's best, so, yeah, if J'onn happened to phase, speedblitz, use telepathy, and amp his physical attributes all at once - which I doubt as I can't recall anytime J'onn ever fought like that in the pages of a comic, I have no doubt Thor could and would beat him for the majority.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
1.MM
2.MM 5.5 out of 10
3.Thor

Gets better for Thor as it goes up

You think J'onn beats King Thor...?

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor's best is beyond J'onn's best, so, yeah, if J'onn happened to phase, speedblitz, use telepathy, and amp his physical attributes all at once - which I doubt as I can't recall anytime J'onn ever fought like that in the pages of a comic, I have no doubt Thor could and would beat him for the majority.

Not when he can amp. He's already faced the entire League and made Apollo look like a fool. Not to mention he can absorb the planet for more power. And I doubt he can resist MM telepathy. If he can put down Spectre, he can put down Thor.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
Not when he can amp. He's already faced the entire League and made Apollo look like a fool. Not to mention he can absorb the planet for more power. And I doubt he can resist MM telepathy. If he can put down Spectre, he can put down Thor.

And Thor's feats are clearly above J'onn's. There's a handful of people in the herald tier who can tie or beat Thor in the "feat war" game, and Martian Manhunter is not one of them.

He's resisted the likes of Rachel and Phoenix amped Emma, Loki amped Sandu, Odin, the Twilight Sword amped Morgan Le Fay who warped reality, and Glory, a being comprised of tens of thousands of gods.

So yes, he has the mental feats - plenty, actually - to ward off J'onn.

ColossusGrundy
You think J'onn beats King Thor...?

If for no other reason, the more powerful Thor gets, the more arrogant he is.

I think he does beat him due to underestimation, but not handily, more like a technical win.

Golgo13
And MM has taken down the League and Spectre. He has high feats for himself. I just don't Thor lasting against someone with all those powers. And it seems MM is using them more intelligently lately.

-K-M-
Fernus?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
If for no other reason, the more powerful Thor gets, the more arrogant he is.

I think he does beat him due to underestimation, but not handily, more like a technical win.

If anything that would count towards a fluke or slim chance of victory J'onn has.

In a direct confrontation, even with telepathy involved, J'onn is getting destroyed by King Thor, especially later on in the Reigning. Thor was arrogant, but when he wanted people dead, they died.

Golgo13
Originally posted by -K-M-
Fernus?

No, it was a teaser of MM battling the DCnU JL. Phasing parts of his body, hanging with Superman, etc... I believe MM went up against multiple members of the JLA as well. I don't think Thor can hang with all the members of DCnU JL, anyway.

JakeTheBank
And MM has taken down the League and Spectre. He has high feats for himself. I just don't Thor lasting against someone with all those powers. And it seems MM is using them more intelligently lately.

Seems to me you're using both pre-Flashpoint and DCnU J'onn feats to make your case. I'm not opposed to either one being debated here, but you can't have it both ways.

In any case, Thor's high end feats are clearly and obviously greater than those of Manhunter's. He has high end feats, sure, but not on Thor's level.

JakeTheBank
I don't think Thor can hang with all the members of DCnU JL, anyway.

If they were being jobbed out and fighting under ninja law like the League does to put over whomever they're fighting, I don't see why he couldn't, especially with the massive AoE attacks he has at his disposal.

Golgo13
MM would just phase through most of Thor's attacks. MM even gave Adam pause with his TP, I see no different vs Thor, especially after some of MM most powerful TP feats.

And some of the JLA couldn't do anything, because he was phasing. Not the first time MM restrained the JL solo,

Golgo13
Seems to me you're using both pre-Flashpoint and DCnU J'onn feats to make your case. I'm not opposed to either one being debated here, but you can't have it both ways.

In any case, Thor's high end feats are clearly and obviously greater than those of Manhunter's. He has high end feats, sure, but not on Thor's level.

The feats I'm using, he has done both pre-flashpoint and DCnU.

Glorificus
1. Split or slight edge to Thor, given what his plot device hammer has pulled off in the past. And Thor these days won't be getting mind-raped, since he just resisted a Phoenix-amped Emma Frost.

2. Thor stomps

3. LOL Thor spite stomps.

JakeTheBank
Thor's attacks can effect phased beings. Thor's got better overall TP defense feats than Adam, anyway. Certainly has greater willpower than Teth.

Pre-Flashpoint versions of the League can effect phased beings such as Superman, GL, Diana, and Flash. J'onn soloing the League is at best, a high end feat for him and a low end feat for the rest of the League, and at worse, PIS considering the League's own abilities.

Unless you think J'onn is legitimately > the JLA. Which is ridiculous.

Galan007
Regular Thor has had pretty impressive mental resistance feats. His instance of being mindraped by Moondragon - which generally is the example most people use to gauge Thor's mental defenses - is off set by the times he's resisted psychic assaults. Has Thor resisted TP on J'onn's level? If so, then I see Thor taking all 3 of these battles. If not, then J'onn could potentially take the first battle, but gets killed with lulz-worthy ease in the other two.

Golgo13
When has Thor dealt with a phased being that can phase his body in another dimension? And if written correctly, I can see MM doing much damage to the League, because of all the powers and experience he has.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Has Thor resisted TP on J'onn's level? If so, then I see Thor taking all 3 of these battles. If not, then J'onn could potentially take the first battle, but gets killed with lulz-worthy ease in the other two.

Off the top of my head he's resisted:

-Rachel Summers
-Phoenix Amped Emma
-Glory
-Twilight Sword Amped Morgan Le Fay who warped reality
-Odin
-Loki amped Sandu, who was apparently around the level of Xavier

He probably has more feats I'm overlooking, but yeah, I'd say that list is composed of people >= J'onn's TP.

Galan007
Off the top of my head he's resisted:

-Rachel Summers
-Phoenix Amped Emma
-Glory
-Twilight Sword Amped Morgan Le Fay who warped reality
-Odin
-Loki amped Sandu, who was apparently around the level of Xavier

He probably has more feats I'm overlooking, but yeah, I'd say that list is composed of people >= J'onn's TP. Cool.

Thor takes all three battles then. thumb up

JakeTheBank
When has Thor dealt with a phased being that can phase his body in another dimension? And if written correctly, I can see MM doing much damage to the League, because of all the powers and experience he has.

Atum. There's also the fact that Mjolnir regularly phucks with space/time via its energy projection, too, so no, I don't think J'onn's phasing is an unbeatable trump card.

Written correctly, the rest of the League would gangbang J'onn. No lube.

CosmicComet
Thor gets one shotted.

Then Martian Manhunter one shots himself.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thor gets one shotted.

Then Martian Manhunter one shots himself. I was coming in here to make the Thor one shot joke, and then I realized MM sucks just as worse... if not moreso than Thor.

It's really an interesting battle.

Although Thor could one shot MM with lightning (like what's happened before), and MM could one shot him with HV (like what's happened before) at the same time.

Yeah, that's what happens. Double one shot KO

Golgo13
Atum. There's also the fact that Mjolnir regularly phucks with space/time via its energy projection, too, so no, I don't think J'onn's phasing is an unbeatable trump card.

Written correctly, the rest of the League would gangbang J'onn. No lube.

There is no way for the league to deal with a martian that is going all out. We have seen White Martians get out of the Lasso, Fernus tearing shit up, and MM restraining the league simultaneously.

Galan007
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I was coming in here to make the Thor one shot joke, and then I realized MM sucks just as worse... if not moreso than Thor.

It's really an interesting battle.

Although Thor could one shot MM with lightning (like what's happened before), and MM could one shot him with HV (like what's happened before) at the same time.

Yeah, that's what happens. Double one shot KO http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/12835118_double-ko_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

HueyFreeman
They both look at eachother and the jobber auras cause them both to spontanteously combust.

JakeTheBank
There is no way for the league to deal with a martian that is going all out. We have seen White Martians get out of the Lasso, Fernus tearing shit up, and MM restraining the league simultaneously.

So you honestly think an all out J'onn > an all out League?

There's no way in hell that J'onn could beat an all out Superman, let alone the rest of his superfriends.

Golgo13
So you honestly think an all out J'onn > an all out League?

There's no way in hell that J'onn could beat an all out Superman, let alone the rest of his superfriends.

Not on average, but MM is underrated. Thor has yet to deal with someone like MM.

JakeTheBank
Not on average, but MM is underrated. Thor has yet to deal with someone like MM.

Not on average, not in terms of high end feats, either.

He's not underrated in this thread. Thor doesn't stomp him into paste, but he does win convincingly at his best. J'onn's physical ability isn't anything he hasn't seen before, and his telepathic power isn't , either.

Who has J'onn faced that is similar to Thor in terms of physical prowess and a haxxed magic weapon bordering on plot device in terms of functionality?

-Pr-
1. Thor
2. lol
3. lmao

Golgo13
Not on average, not in terms of high end feats, either.

He's not underrated in this thread. Thor doesn't stomp him into paste, but he does win convincingly at his best. J'onn's physical ability isn't anything he hasn't seen before, and his telepathic power isn't , either.

Who has J'onn faced that is similar to Thor in terms of physical prowess and a haxxed magic weapon bordering on plot device in terms of functionality?

Like I said, he has restrained the JLA, including Orion, I believe. Even his latest incarnation has him morph into a more physically powerful being and took Apollo's blow with hardly any effort.

Horrificus
Sto pit.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by ozz81
MM at best and peak vs

1.Regular/classic Thor
2.KT
3.RKT
Who wins in each of the above and how? by "at best" do you mean fernus at his best?

zeel
i think a better more interesting fight would be beta ray bill vs MM.

MM is not beating thor handily, although he puts up a excellent fight.

pym-ftw
Kt would be a battle for the entire jla

Rkt would stomp the jla

Cogito
Regular MM vs. Regular Thor = Thor
"Peak/Best" MM vs. Regular Thor = MM
"Peak/Best" MM vs. King Thor = Thor stomps
"Peak/Best" MM vs. Rune King Thor = Thor roflstomps

Martian_mind
Jonn in all.

Run at me.

BlackZero30x
I already asked on the last page if this was fernus mm but now I feel silly because I forgot mm was already shown in the DCnU. MM hasn't done that....that I know of....My only interaction with him was when Atrocitus ran into Stormwatch.

so in DCnU what is his most powerful feats?

Newjak
Thor
Thor
Thor

Golgo13
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I already asked on the last page if this was fernus mm but now I feel silly because I forgot mm was already shown in the DCnU. MM hasn't done that....that I know of....My only interaction with him was when Atrocitus ran into Stormwatch.

so in DCnU what is his most powerful feats?

He just mind wiped all Stormwatch and no sold Apollo's punch. We also get a teaer of MM fighting the JLA at once.

cdtm
MM.

Thor.

"Id"
Martian Manhunter is no Shaman X-Man therefore he losses each event.

-K-M-
No, it was a teaser of MM battling the DCnU JL. Phasing parts of his body, hanging with Superman, etc... I believe MM went up against multiple members of the JLA as well. I don't think Thor can hang with all the members of DCnU JL, anyway.

No I was refering to the fact is Fernus being used in this thread?

Golgo13
Did Thor own X-Man or something? And can Thor stop MM from a mind wipping him?

society619
I see thor taking all three. Only the first fight will be close, the other two are Godstomps

JakeTheBank

Considering his list of mental defense feats, I'd say he has more than a good chance.

cdtm

Dunno, but I just assumed Thor has decent defenses, given some of his roughs gallery have decent tp/tk...

Unless someone can prove otherwise, I don't see what stops MM from reading Thor's surface thoughts though, giving him a precog edge.

MM wins, but not by shutting his mind down.. IMO, more because of his physical stats, greater speed, and versatility. (I won't say "speed blitz", but he should have enough of an edge to make the first move..)

imo World War III would have been a lot shorter if MM remembered he could go invisible against Adam....

Also for the record, MM has used his shapeshifting powers to create piercing instruments that went right through Etrigan the Demon's chest.

ODG
^ Lotta crises would have been a lot shorter if Thor remembered even 5% of the things Mjolnir can do. I trust you're keeping that equally in mind here.

cdtm
Originally posted by ODG
^ Lotta crises would have been a lot shorter if Thor remembered even 5% of the things Mjolnir can do. I trust you're keeping that equally in mind here.

I am.

Thor's hammer is one of the most powerful plot devices in comics.. It can take down characters well outside his physical weight class.

Which is why I emphasized MM's speed edge.. He'll need it, to press his advantages before Thor can press his... (Even with equalized speed, I'd give MM better odds than I would to Superman though.. assuming Thor's CIS keeps him from using his biggest attacks until later in the fight..)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.