Superman vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
DCnU versions of both.

JakeTheBank
Superman.

keiththegreat
What do you base that on, Jake? I'm curious why people seem to assume Superman is more powerful than WW at this point.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by keiththegreat
What do you base that on, Jake? I'm curious why people seem to assume Superman is more powerful than WW at this point. Jake is a sexist.

Luckily for you and this thread, I am also a sexist.

Superman wins easily.

carver9
Unsure yet...haven't got a real display on Wonder Woman capabilities. Looking at lifting fts, both are pretty similar. Looking at the fight against Darkseid, I would give Wondy the edge. DCNU Superboy would beat both of them.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Jake is a sexist.

Luckily for you and this thread, I am also a sexist.

Superman wins easily.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BhlZ0raYfrI/S8etyNO7F0I/AAAAAAAACZI/BVIjNtqqIFs/s1600/Supe+wink.jpg

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
What do you base that on, Jake? I'm curious why people seem to assume Superman is more powerful than WW at this point.

Wonder Woman's solo title is great, but in terms of feats, doesn't really give us anything.

Conversely, Superman's title has been blaaah (Action Comics is good, though) but gives us a solid idea where he stands power level wise.

Pretty clear Superman is the most powerful and formidable member of the League at this point.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Unsure yet...haven't got a real display on Wonder Woman capabilities. Looking at lifting fts, both are pretty similar. Looking at the fight against Darkseid, I would give Wondy the edge. DCNU Superboy would beat both of them.

So, we don't have a display of Diana's capabilities...but you give her the edge over Superman?

Sometimes, I wonder if you love being trolled and hounded by the rest of the forum.

EDIT: Behold my hat trick of awesome posts!

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So, we don't have a display of Diana's capabilities...but you give her the edge over Superman?

Sometimes, I wonder if you love being trolled and hounded by the rest of the forum.

EDIT: Behold my hat trick of awesome posts!

No, that's not what I said...I said if we base it off the Darkseid showing then yeah, she holds an edge. Doesn't mean that I think she would win, I'm just throwing stuff out there. She owned GL and Flash just like Superman did and she also kicked Superman some distance during this same fight. I don't know who would win out of these two...undecided.

JakeTheBank
Well, Superman has a plethora of abilities to fall back on while Diana's formidability has yet to be tested. Her best case is to hope she can score a lucky attack on Kal with her enchanted weaponry.

carver9
Well, Superman has a plethora of abilities to fall back on while Diana's formidability has yet to be tested. Her best case is to hope she can score a lucky attack on Kal with her enchanted weaponry.

Diana has been carrying around some powerful items as well, items that could decapitate him. Wonder Woman fights against powerful opponents has been on point imo. Not saying that she'll win but I see this as a close undecided fight for both.

-Pr-
Superman did as well against Darkseid as she did, so I don't see how she's superior. Especially since Superman was hit by the Omega Beams, tortured on Apokolips, and still had enough in the tank to physically rock DS.

I mean, if you want to go by performances against Darkseid, Aquaman stabbed him more times than Wonder Woman did. ermm

Like Jake said, though, Superman's just had more showings since coming back, and based on that, I'd have to side with Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman did as well against Darkseid as she did, so I don't see how she's superior. Especially since Superman was hit by the Omega Beams, tortured on Apokolips, and still had enough in the tank to physically rock DS.

I mean, if you want to go by performances against Darkseid, Aquaman stabbed him more times than Wonder Woman did. ermm

Like Jake said, though, Superman's just had more showings since coming back, and based on that, I'd have to side with Superman.

Sigh*, I never said Wonder Woman is superior, I said she is formidable, formidable enough to make this a undecided fight.

-Pr-
Sigh*, I never said Wonder Woman is superior, I said she is formidable, formidable enough to make this a undecided fight.

So what's "an edge" to you?

carver9
So what's "an edge" to you?

Means, if I was to base this fight completely off of how both performs in combat, I would give Wondy the edge, especially since she took on Flash, GL, and Superman and was nearly unstoppable. I also think her showing against Darkseid was better but looking at everything as a hole, I think an argument can be made for both.

-Pr-
Means, if I was to base this fight completely off of how both performs in combat, I would give Wondy the edge, especially since she took on Flash, GL, and Superman and was nearly unstoppable. I also think her showing against Darkseid was better but looking at everything as a hole, I think an argument can be made for both.

...At this point, I can't actually tell if you're serious.

carver9
...At this point, I can't actually tell if you're serious.

Lol...based off power display, I would give Superman the edge...based off combat showings, I probably would give Wonder Woman the edge. I think they are equals.

-Pr-
Lol...based off power display, I would give Superman the edge...based off combat showings, I probably would give Wonder Woman the edge. I think they are equals.

So even though Superman performed better against Batman, GL and Flash than she did against a GL and a Superman that wasn't trying to fight her, you give her an edge?

And Flash? She didn't fight Flash. Unless both my physical copy and digital copy are both missing a page.

Branlor Swift
And Flash? She didn't fight Flash. Unless both my physical copy and digital copy are both missing a page. Carver has the limited edition... in his mind!

So naturally, he's right

carver9
So even though Superman performed better against Batman, GL and Flash than she did against a GL and a Superman that wasn't trying to fight her, you give her an edge?

And Flash? She didn't fight Flash. Unless both my physical copy and digital copy are both missing a page.

Performed better? She was busting his shields like it was tissue paper.

I'm not giving her a edge...I don't know who'll win since we really don't have a display of physical power from Diana minus her battles (she did lift a humongous plane).

-Pr-
Performed better? She was busting his shields like it was tissue paper.

I'm not giving her a edge...I don't know who'll win since we really don't have a display of physical power from Diana minus her battles (she did lift a humongous plane).

Superman smashed more constructs than she did, and got hit less by Hal than she did.

Carver has the limited edition... in his mind!

So naturally, he's right

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
I love Carv's logic.

"Diana doesn't have the feats of Superman, so we don't know if she's physically on his level, therefore she holds an edge."

carver9
I love Carv's logic.

"Diana doesn't have the feats of Superman, so we don't know if she's physically on his level, therefore she holds an edge."

I never said she holds an edge. I said her showings is combat is better than Supes and imo it is whereas Supes has displayed more power.

-Pr-
I never said she holds an edge. I said her showings is combat is better than Supes and imo it is whereas Supes has displayed more power.

Ahem.

No, that's not what I said...I said if we base it off the Darkseid showing then yeah, she holds an edge. Doesn't mean that I think she would win, I'm just throwing stuff out there. She owned GL and Flash just like Superman did and she also kicked Superman some distance during this same fight. I don't know who would win out of these two...undecided.

Still don't know what it is about this Darkseid showing that you think magically gives her an edge.

Branlor Swift
I love Carv's logic.

"I hate Superman so let me make up some shit as to why he barely loses to someone with no feats!" Fixed

JakeTheBank
I probably would give Wonder Woman the edge.

carver9

Read the entire sentence, not just that part. I already said I'm undecided.

PillarofOsiris
Lol at carver getting owned as usual.

DarkSaint85
Must...stay...away.......

Superman wins.

ColossusGrundy
Supes right now.

I hope the writers at DC get some sense of a clue and bring Hal back to his former self. The current Hal is sucking too much for my taste.

-Pr-
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Supes right now.

I hope the writers at DC get some sense of a clue and bring Hal back to his former self. The current Hal is sucking too much for my taste.

He's been ok in his own book I think.

ColossusGrundy
He's been a pushover in the League.

Pre-reboot, he was a good matchup for Supes and definitely for WW.

Now I'd be afraid for his life if either were to really get mad at him.

DarkSaint85

Yeah, agreed. In his solo though? Pretty badass, especially when talking down to Sinestro.

-Pr-

He was holding his own against Diana, though, at least to a point. Yes, she broke his construct, but he was getting hits in. He even got the last hit in before the fight was stopped.

I think Hal's performance in JL gets somewhat over-exagerrated a bit. It's his attitude that needs and adjustment, as well as the disparity between JL Hal and GL Hal.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, agreed. In his solo though? Pretty badass, especially when talking down to Sinestro.

That's true, in his solo he's been pretty nice.

I guess the JLA writers are just set upon a hierarchy.

carver9
He was holding his own against Diana, though, at least to a point. Yes, she broke his construct, but he was getting hits in. He even got the last hit in before the fight was stopped.

I think Hal's performance in JL gets somewhat over-exagerrated a bit. It's his attitude that needs and adjustment, as well as the disparity between JL Hal and GL Hal.

I disagree and he underestimated Supes and seemed more serious when facing Wondy.

ColossusGrundy
I agree with Carver here.

Hal Jordan used to be formidable in EVERY title he was in (JLA, GL, Ion, etc)

Now the DC writers are just using him in JLA to make WW and Supes look good.

What's next? Bats kicking his butt?

Is this punishment for the movie not faring as well as they thought?

Put him back to being on par with Supes and I'll be happy.

DarkSaint85
I agree with Carver here.

Hal Jordan used to be formidable in EVERY title he was in (JLA, GL, Ion, etc)

Now the DC writers are just using him in JLA to make WW and Supes look good.

Is this punishment for the movie not faring as well as they thought?

Put him back to being on par with Supes and I'll be happy.

Bats has already stolen his ring.

-Pr-
Hal hit Diana more than once.

Yes, she looked superior, but then again, she was looking for a fight more than he was.

The only thing about the fight that really seemed off to me was her taking a jab at his sexual performance. That was a pretty... OOC thing for Diana to do.

abhilegend
Hal was never on par with superman. Oh and superman wins easily. Lulz at carver.

ColossusGrundy
Bats has already stolen his ring.

Pretty sad, huh?

The love for Supes and Bats in the DCU borders on blind obsession.

ares834

For all intents and purposes, it already happened. stick out tongue

Edit: Ah... Ninjad.

-Pr-
Pretty sad, huh?

The love for Supes and Bats in the DCU borders on blind obsession.

Superman was treated like shit for three years. He was due some good showings.

Branlor Swift
I haven't read one New DC book... and I feel like I know what's going on with it better than Carver...

-Pr-
I haven't read one New DC book... and I feel like I know what's going on with it better than Carver...

Well he doesn't read them either, so you're even.

DarkSaint85
Well he doesn't read them either, so you're even.

Even though neither of them have read it, I give the edge to Branlor.

ColossusGrundy
Superman was treated like shit for three years. He was due some good showings.

Surprised to hear you say that.

Aquaman even took crap in JLA #10.

DC caved and had the written journalists heckle Aquaman after he saved ppl.

Sorry, Supes and Bats just get really old to me. Nice characters, just ...... kinda tired of the same old. New universe, same old crap.

-Pr-
Surprised to hear you say that.

Aquaman even took crap in JLA #10.

DC caved and had the written journalists heckle Aquaman after he saved ppl.

Sorry, Supes and Bats just get really old to me. Nice characters, just ...... kinda tired of the same old. New universe, same old crap.

Superman had a bad three years under writers like Robinson and McDuffie. He was due some respect from his peers.

Aquaman is supposed to take crap; that's one of the biggest parts of his new arc. Johns is building towards something, though.

ColossusGrundy
Superman had a bad three years under writers like Robinson and McDuffie. He was due some respect from his peers.

Aquaman is supposed to take crap; that's one of the biggest parts of his new arc. Johns is building towards something, though.

I hope you're right. Always liked AM, he got dissed too much for too long. I think the character could be written SO much better than he has been historically.

Maybe this is a new day for AM.

(Still want Hal to kick Supes' butt once for respect)

-Pr-
I hope you're right. Always liked AM, he got dissed too much for too long. I think the character could be written SO much better than he has been historically.

Maybe this is a new day for AM.

(Still want Hal to kick Supes' butt once for respect)

You didn't like him in the 90s or 00s? Really?

ColossusGrundy
Didn't like the hook hand.

Water hand was cool.

Just think he did too many jobs to ppl beneath him.

carver9
I do read DCNU.

-Pr-
Didn't like the hook hand.

Water hand was cool.

Just think he did too many jobs to ppl beneath him.

Ah.

I do read DCNU.

Scans in the ownage thread don't count.

carver9
Ah.

Scans in the ownage thread don't count.

Lol...no, I have quoted comics outside of the ownage thread. I read DCNU.

-Pr-
Lol...no, I have quoted comics outside of the ownage thread. I read DCNU.

Then how do you explain your forgetfulness?

carver9
Then how do you explain your forgetfulness?

Uuuuummm...I didn't forget anything, you just misunderstood me.

-Pr-

carver9

Ok, you have a point "but" I was partially right, she had the advantage over GL and when Superman intervened, he got dropped kicked some distance. That was a good showing for Wondy imo.

-Pr-
Ok, you have a point "but" I was partially right, she had the advantage over GL and when Superman intervened, he got dropped kicked some distance. That was a good showing for Wondy imo.

Stop trying to change the subject.

It's not like it's the first time you've stated happened in a comic when it didn't.

carver9
Stop trying to change the subject.

It's not like it's the first time you've stated happened in a comic when it didn't.

Lol...I don't remember the other instances. confused

-Pr-

Vicious circle.

carver9
Vicious circle.

"Other instances"! confused

DarkSaint85
Regrowing gladiator sandals.

-Pr-

-Sigh-

Saying Apollo beat Superman in a fight.
The Dark Dimension stuff.
Saying Superman's max speed was 2000mps.

Etc.

Regrowing gladiator sandals.

That too.

DarkSaint85
Oh there's also the time you were insistent Aquaman never stabbed Darkseid.

carver9
-Sigh-

Saying Apollo beat Superman in a fight.
The Dark Dimension stuff.
Saying Superman's max speed was 2000mps.

Etc.

That too.

OMG...how many times do we have to go through this. I never said Apollo would beat Supes, I said he would give him a fight "at his best".

I was on point with the Dark Dimension.

I didn't say Superman max speed was 2000 MPs, a bio made from the infinte crisis writer said that.

Branlor Swift
Aquaman stabbed Darkseid... scans

carver9
Oh there's also the time you were insistent Aquaman never stabbed Darkseid.

Can you stop helping him. Dang.

DarkSaint85
Can you stop helping him. Dang.

Lol Ok Ok, I'll stop.

Edit: one more. Why was the Martian fighting the JLA again?

carver9
Lol Ok Ok, I'll stop.

Edit: one more. Why was the Martian fighting the JLA again?

I wish I knew you in person, I would pimp slap the hell out of you.

DarkSaint85

As long as you don't trip yourself up when you take a running start.

For Branlor:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f5lzxpzXhl4/T8Al8czhXoI/AAAAAAAAAb0/HU527Ro8xGk/s1600/justiceleague6b+aquaman+stabs+darkseid.jpg

http://www.placesandpredators.com/52/JL6b.jpg

Twice.

Damborgson

laughing out loud

StyleTime
Superman main (and only advantage) over Supergirl is his experience
And some of you support unlimited post editing. Shame on you. We wouldn't have these joyous moments with carver9. uhuh

bluewaterrider
Looking at the images above, I'm thinking Darkseid must either be using

a) avatar projection, as he did pre-DCnU

or

b) have unguessed-at healing factor at work.

Sorry now that I didn't collect that particular issue.

Absolutely insane ...

If having both eyes put out of commision didn't stop him, how in the world did the Justice League stop him?

DarkSaint85
They BFR'ed him IIRC.

carver9
They BFR'ed him IIRC.

Cyborg used Darkseid Tech against him and opened a portal which lead to the JLA dumping him in it.

-Pr-
OMG...how many times do we have to go through this. I never said Apollo would beat Supes, I said he would give him a fight "at his best".

I didn't say Superman max speed was 2000 MPs, a bio made from the infinte crisis writer said that.

Yes you did.

No, you weren't.

No, he didn't. Yes, you did.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Looking at the images above, I'm thinking Darkseid must either be using

a) avatar projection, as he did pre-DCnU

or

b) have unguessed-at healing factor at work.

Sorry now that I didn't collect that particular issue.

Absolutely insane ...

If having both eyes put out of commision didn't stop him, how in the world did the Justice League stop him?

Superman, Cyborg and Batman.

Diesldude

Yes you did.

No, you weren't.

No, he didn't. Yes, you did.

And I just proved it here

carver9
You made yourself look foolish with your post.

bluewaterrider

sad
You are cheating!

In one form or another that's the answer to EVERY problem at DC Universe ...!

-Pr-
sad
You are cheating!

In one form or another that's the answer to EVERY problem at DC Universe ...!

laughing out loud

Superman physically fought Darkseid, staggering him, while Batman inspired Cyborg to use his ability to converse with Apokolyptan tech to somehow force Darkseid in to a boom tube.

bluewaterrider
One more question for you all, how DID Darkseid manage to cope with both eyes being attacked? Did the team use the plan just outlined at that point or was Darkseid able to continue fighting somehow?

Did he indeed have a healing factor that was just so good that, the moment he removed the trident and sword ( I remember that was Wonder Woman's plan in the issue before and/or the Newsarama preview) he was all better?

-Pr-
One more question for you all, how DID Darkseid manage to cope with both eyes being attacked? Did the team use the plan just outlined at that point or was Darkseid able to continue fighting somehow?

Did he indeed have a healing factor that was just so good that, the moment he removed the trident and sword ( I remember that was Wonder Woman's plan in the issue before and/or the Newsarama preview) he was all better?

He just seemed that tough, but instead of telling you:

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836808_Justice_League_6_0014_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836809_Justice_League_6_0015_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836810_Justice_League_6_0017_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836811_Justice_League_6_0018_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836812_Justice_League_6_0020_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836813_Justice_League_6_0021_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836814_Justice_League_6_0024_copy.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12836815_Justice_League_6_0025_copy.jpg

From Justice League #6. Not all those pages are sequential as regards page number, but they are in order.

bluewaterrider
You actually loaded EIGHT scans in less than five minutes flat ...

I am firmly committed to KMC as my image host provider for reasons described in numerous places , but ...

That IS a great time saving advantage, I must admit, and this now the 2nd time I've seen it demonstrated so dramatically by someone.

(Have you any idea how much longer it takes to do that if you're constrained by a 250 KB size limit?)

Wow.

Thanks, P.R.

And thank you, too, Carver and DarkSaint!

-Pr-
You actually loaded EIGHT scans in less than five minutes flat ...

I am firmly committed to KMC as my image host provider for reasons described in numerous places , but ...

That IS a great time saving advantage, I must admit, and this now the 2nd time I've seen it demonstrated so dramatically by someone.

(Have you any idea how much longer it takes to do that if you're constrained by a 250 KB size limit?)

Wow.

Thanks, P.R.

And thank you, too, Carver and DarkSaint!

I didn't use KMC. stick out tongue

it's called "turboimagehost". Unless you knew that.

Philosophía

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.