Nekron Vs The In-Betweener

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47452/1195913-gl_51_023_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1590597-avengers_academy_07_020_large.jpg

pym-ftw
In-Betweener should be above death so is say he wins easily

Golgo13
Feats? Nekron represents more than Death. He is also Oblivion.

dynamix
In-Betweener is above Death? Where's Galan at, lol. I'm actually pretty curious about this as well.

pym-ftw
^Galactus is usually written at the 4 aspects level and the IB is about the aspects level or above

dynamix
haha no, i meant where's Galan the poster. He knows alot about the cosmic infrastructure.

So does that mean IB is above Death? i'm not sure i understood what ur trying to say.

pym-ftw
The aspects can't really effect beings around there level so much like CK/Oblivion in chaos war I can't see death being able to do much to him

dynamix
ok, gotcha. I knew he was powerful but i didnt think he was on THAT level, lol. thanks, man. I'll read more into him.

Galan007
IB didn't seem much more powerful than Galactus(if at all.) Nekron demolishes him.

Jynocidus
IB ftw

Cogito
Nekron

IB is not above high abstracts just because he has one feat where Death did what he wanted.

pym-ftw
What can Nekron do to him, he can't die

Cogito
Hmm...

On second thought, IB's power of opposites (e.g. white light) is ideally suited to Nekron and summoning the white light seems well within his capability.

Changing my vote on account of powerset matchup. IMO Nekron's still higher up the food chain

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by dynamix
In-Betweener is above Death? Where's Galan at, lol. I'm actually pretty curious about this as well.
These scans don't necessarily imply that he is "above" Death in the literal sense :
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/3336/inbetweenerpwnsdeath.th.jpghttp://img717.imageshack.us/img717/162/inbetweenerpwnsdeath2.th.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
Hmm...

On second thought, IB's power of opposites (e.g. white light) is ideally suited to Nekron and summoning the white light seems well within his capability.

Changing my vote on account of powerset matchup. IMO Nekron's still higher up the food chain You believe IB could approximate the white light that sparked creation(essentially demiurgic power)..? I think that borders on a no limits fallacy, tbh. If IB were capable of approximating power of that magnitude, then he'd have the potential to become more powerful than LT himself-- which we know is not true.

Even if he did gain said power, it doesn't grant him an auto-win. Sinestro proved that much.

Cogito
I don't see the White Light of Creation as "essentially demiurgic power". Far from it, in fact.

Galan007
It is the force that birthed creation. In essence, that is what the demiurgic power is as well. Am I missing/forgetting something?

Cogito
I have to reread that part of Blackest Night, but I viewed it more as the force that created life, not creation itself. It would be the spectrum generated by the white entity (life), just as the green spectrum is generated by Ion, yellow Parallax, etc.

Otherwise the demiurgic power would also be contained within the white lantern?

Galan007
Life IS the universe. Before the WL was introduced, the universe was pure darkness(Nekron.) I have to reread it as well, but I thought it was stated that the WL sparked creation...?

JakeTheBank
I remember reading that Johns and Morrison planned to reconcile their various creation ideas along with the whole 'biblical' aspect of the DC cosmos. It likely would have been a somewhat convoluted mess, but I was interested in seeing it.

Then Flashpoint happened.

zopzop
See this is an odd one. The IB's best showing was ordering Death around like a little dog. Unfortunately for him, he's never been shown doing anything that impressive ever again. It also makes no sense; he ordered around a being MORE powerful than his creators.

If you believe he can really go "above his pay grade" like that on a normal basis, then yes, he can beat Nekron via BFR by summoning the White Light of Creation and banishing Nekron to his realm. Keep in mind this wouldn't kill Nekron at all. It was stated REPEATEDLY, in not only Blackest Night, but the Green Lantern Corps mini AND the Captain Atom issue, Nekron CANNOT BE DESTROYED. So at best IB wins via BFR.

Now if you believe that Death fiasco was a fluke, then it's either a stalemate or Nekron figures out how to separate the IBs two halves, thus destroying him. My money is on Nekron in this scenario.

Truth be told, the IB is all over the place power wise and the character is a hot mess (like the Beyonder and MM).

Jynocidus
IB summons Nekrons opposite ftw

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
See this is an odd one. The IB's best showing was ordering Death around like a little dog. Unfortunately for him, he's never been shown doing anything that impressive ever again. It also makes no sense; he ordered around a being MORE powerful than his creators.

If you believe he can really go "above his pay grade" like that on a normal basis, then yes, he can beat Nekron via BFR by summoning the White Light of Creation and banishing Nekron to his realm. Keep in mind this wouldn't kill Nekron at all. It was stated REPEATEDLY, in not only Blackest Night, but the Green Lantern Corps mini AND the Captain Atom issue, Nekron CANNOT BE DESTROYED. So at best IB wins via BFR.

Now if you believe that Death fiasco was a fluke, then it's either a stalemate or Nekron figures out how to separate the IBs two halves, thus destroying him. My money is on Nekron in this scenario.

Truth be told, the IB is all over the place power wise and the character is a hot mess (like the Beyonder and MM).

TBF, Nekron is all over the place, too.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
TBF, Nekron is all over the place, too.
Not really.

His lowest showing was in the Captain Atom issue, where he got Captain Atom killed before his time or something. Then Death (of the Endless) and Black Racer (and one other being, forgot who) ferried him on to challenge Nekron for his life back.

Even though he "beat" Nekron, he acknowledged that he couldn't destroy him and that Nekron couldn't be destroyed period. Even in that issue Nekron almost destroyed all life in the universe by absorbing the entire Quantum Force.

Prior to this, he amped Krona to the point where Krona was powerful enough to crush the entire universe back into a singularity (this is an Anomaly Maelstrom level feat right here) and was only stopped by Hal Jordan outsmarting and distracting him so the Guardians could seal off the gate between universes.

We saw in BN, the best a non omnipotent can do vs Nekron is BFR him using the White Light of Creation.

Golgo13
He just lost to Vixen last issue. sad

zopzop
He just lost to Vixen last issue. sad
Wait? What?!?!?!?!

Golgo13
She had white light claws or something. Cut Nekron up real good.

zopzop
She had white light claws or something. Cut Nekron up real good.
Wait, this is DCnu?

Damn, looks like it's a sh|tty year to be a Nekron or PF fan. sad

Golgo13
I was joking. laughing out loud

zopzop
I was joking. laughing out loud
OMG!
Jerk....... sad mad bash

dynamix
Originally posted by zopzop

Truth be told, the IB is all over the place power wise and the character is a hot mess (like the Beyonder and MM). thumb up

DarkSaint85
White light claws lol....good one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.