Banner & Cho vs Stark & T'Challa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Prep-war, 2 weeks prep-time.
Both sides have access to the same resources, no external parties/forces can be called in.

No Hulk.

Which team has the better feats?
Which team will cooperate better?
Which team would win if the objective were to eliminate the other team?

Which team would get further if, all restrictions were taken off and they had to conquer Marvel 616 Earth?

pym-ftw
Team 2 is smarter I think banner is the 4th smartest hero in marvel with t'challa at 5 and tony at 3 cho is like 8 or 9 imho

Tony and T'challa win 1-3
Both could clear 4

WBH plus Prep has a solid chance at conquering earth

Ironman and BP with all of wakanda backing them up and tony poisoning Americas economy and theres also a possibility that anyone here could hack NATO for WMDs and such

DarkSaint85
Depends on what resources they have.

Team 1 always struck me as a McGuyver type clever, whereas Tony/T'Challa have everything handed to them with their money (Iron Man 1 suit notwithstanding).

Give them both an iPod, for example, and Banner would rejig it into some kinda teleport device.

janus77
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Team 2 is smarter I think banner is the 4th smartest hero in marvel with t'challa at 5 and tony at 3 cho is like 8 or 9 imho

Both could clear 4

Ironman and BP with all of wakanda backing them up and tony poisoning Americas economy and theres also a possibility that anyone here could hack NATO for WMDs and such
They have to conquer Marvel Earth 616. I honestly doubt either team could do the job, in a forum setting.

WBH would basically have to destroy it, since he wouldn't have any other means of subduing opposition but by fighting them.

And you've got people like Reed, Doom, Strange and various assorted powers active on Earth, so even if Banner WBH'd it, he might get bfr'd before he does serious damage.

I think he and Cho would get a lot further than T & T, because they clearly have a better understanding, work faster and have that hypermind thing going for them. T&T are supposedly super-geniuses but they spend most of their time acting like simply very intelligent men, their planning and prep-work doesn't impress that much (Wakanda/T'Challa is basically using the magic of Bast and natural resources - Vibranium - to keep it in contention).

Also, Tony would definitely rub T'Challa up the wrong way, over any length of time, so their bickering would hamper them too.

On top of all that, Tony charges in more often than not, Banner always approached a situation with a half-dozen contingency plans...

Still, I can't see either team conquering Earth.

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Depends on what resources they have.

Team 1 always struck me as a McGuyver type clever, whereas Tony/T'Challa have everything handed to them with their money (Iron Man 1 suit notwithstanding).

Give them both an iPod, for example, and Banner would rejig it into some kinda teleport device.
Yup, definitely see the "MacGyver" trait in both B&C.
Tony's got a longer list of genius feats, I'm sure, but I'm struggling to recall anything really impressive from him, over the last two years... I suppose the suits must have been upgraded again (though he was bankrupt and out on his arse for a while, can't imagine he had the time to do anything substantial).

KingD19
Banner modded an iPod to give him a forcefield based on Oldstrong energy. It stood up to hits from Juggernaut for a while.

Cho managed to incorporate Oldstrong energy into Hercules' Mace so he could swing it like Hercules himself and do some serious damage.

vansonbee
Team 1. They're too crafty and PIS is too strong.

janus77
T'Challa arm-barred Surfer, I think Team 2 have PIS enough on their side.

guy222
t1

janus77
Definitely team 1. Stark admits it.

Bouboumaster
Better feats:
Well, it's tough arguing with the Iron Man armor, so I'm gonna go with team 2 for this.

Best cooperation:
Team 1 all day long. Cho admire Banner, and would do what Banner ask for.

Who would win:
Probably team 2, based on the fact that Iron Man can build said Iron Man armor. Technologically wise, I don't see team 1 coming up with something better than this

Who would get furthuer: Both team stop at the point where either Reed Richards or Doctor Doom is involved.

basilisk

Just for laughs, here is how some of these guys roughly stack up compared to other denizens of the MU, from the Official Marvel Handbooks (Pym just gets no respect anywhere):

1 - Slow/Impaired
Rhino
Wendigo

2 - Normal
Thor
Hercules
Thing
Wolverine
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Falcon
Storm
Namor
Wasp

3 - Learned
Hank Pym
Cyclops
Betty Ross
Thunderbolt Ross
Captain America
Quasar
Tigra
Ms Marvel
Scarlet Witch
She-Hulk
Silver Surfer

4 - Gifted
Scott Lang
Jack of Hearts
Vision
Wonder Man
Jarvis
Kitty Pryde
Fantomex

5 - Genius
Hank McCoy
Black Panther
Professor X
Captain Britain (Brian)
Magneto

6 - Super-Genius
Tony Stark
Banner
Doom
Reed Richards
Danger
Apocalypse

7 - Omniscient
Galactus
Watcher

pym-ftw
They put Tigra and Pym in the same category?

And Simon above him

basilisk
They put Tigra and Pym in the same category?

And Simon above him

And Ant-Man II Scott Lang above him, just to rub it in.

And Jarvis. Don't forget Jarvis.

pym-ftw
I hope they mean the jarvis interface, lang is a pale wannabe Pym cosplayer...

basilisk
I hope they mean the jarvis interface, lang is a pale wannabe Pym cosplayer...

No my mistake - actually Jarvis the butler was 3 not 4. He was the same level as Pym not above.

-Pr-
That is some horrible listing...

rotiart
Team cho

What other character has been shown to see the world as calculations he can solve... And was also able to figure out how to beat a universe ending threat..

Team cho is an on the field battlefield asset.

Banner tech that creates shields etc that let banner or cho take on tanks...

Together they were scouring the multiverse looking for Hercules..,
I'd go easy majority to banner cho.

And cho has shown he can easily hack into other people's tech... So he shouldn't be underestimated...

armedforbattle
Team 2. They have vast resources between the 2 of them

janus77
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Team 2. They have vast resources between the 2 of them
Both sides are given access to the same resources (obviously there's enough of them for both teams).

armedforbattle
Oh okay! I thought it was regular stuff they would have access to.
Vibranium Ironman suits!

Villelater
Banner has built a suit that was “Not” damaged easily by the Hulk...Banner would build better stuff than Tony if he had more time and motivation...maybe Banner can sneak into Stark tower to get what he needs...

Damborgson
Cho doesn't like banner if I remember right. They had a disagreement before the Hulk stepped in to help Cho. Stark and T'Challa would work together better imo.

janus77
Originally posted by Villelater
Banner has built a suit that was “Not” damaged easily by the Hulk...Banner would build better stuff than Tony if he had more time and motivation...maybe Banner can sneak into Stark tower to get what he needs...
Evidently, Banner's so superior to Tony that 1) Tony feels insecure in his presence and 2) A simple piece of code by Banner can pawn both Tony Start AND Beast at the same time.

On-topic, solid majority to Banner and Cho.

JakeTheBank
Which team has the better feats?: Stark and T'Challa
Which team will cooperate better?: Banner and Cho
Which team would win if the objective were to eliminate the other team?: Stark and T'Challa

Uriel005

Both could clear 4

Ironman and BP with all of wakanda backing them up and tony poisoning Americas economy and theres also a possibility that anyone here could hack NATO for WMDs and such technically they all get bumped down if you include Valeria Richards if you take her at her word that she's smarter than her dad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.