Rhino vs Venom in pure slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

cdtm
Venom, with ease.

StiltmanFTW
Flash?

ozz81
Venom ..

SamZED
Depends. Brock Venom stomps. Flash can win if allows the symbiote to take over. Gargan loses.

juggernaut74
Gargan can win this also. Remember he beat Colossus?

StiltmanFTW
He didn't, he got owned in their first encounter and stalemated in the second.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He didn't, he got owned in their first encounter and stalemated in the second. Still, Rhino couldn't do that.

StiltmanFTW
Stalemate Colossus for one panel...? Pretty sure he could.

KingD19
Yeah, I don't see why people keep thinking Gargan beat Colossus. The only thing he had going for him was that he was so damn big and semi-solid that Colossus couldn't handle his mass.

juggernaut74
Gargan was pretty huge in that battle. I wonder if his strength increased with the size? If so then Gargan was pretty strong because I recall him slamming his hands onto the street knocking over cars from the impact.

carver9
People are forgetting about Rhino showing against people like Hulk and Juggernaut, two people that Rhino did good against.

KingD19
He was pretty strong I'm sure, but the fights show that Colossus still had the strength edge. He just had problems against someone that big, Gargan's tongue, and the fact that he didn't seem to be completely solid.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by carver9
People are forgetting about Rhino showing against people like Hulk and Juggernaut, two people that Rhino did good against. Rhino did ok against Fixit Hulk but the Juggernaut he fought was depowered and he wasn't as strong as Colossus.

KingD19
That was also an upgraded Rhino.

But Rhino has far more jobs than high showings.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by KingD19
That was also an upgraded Rhino.

But Rhino has far more jobs than high showings. That's right, Rhino was upgraded and Juggy was downgraded.

carver9
Jugs was still as strong as Colossus though. How was Rhino upgraded and if so, when did he lose that upgrade?

juggernaut74
Jugs was still as strong as Colossus though. How was Rhino upgraded and if so, when did he lose that upgrade? Yea, Juggy was close to Colossus at that time but not quite there. As for Rhino being upgraded he was being tampered with by the Canadians or some sh!t.

KingD19
Jugs was still as strong as Colossus though. How was Rhino upgraded and if so, when did he lose that upgrade?

He was in Colossus' strength range, but even though he said he could give it more in the workout, it was obvious he was struggling pretty damn hard before he even reached Colossus' level. And from the way Cyclops said it, he wasn't even really close.

And I don't know the specifics of the upgrade, but I'm pretty sure it was stated that he was upgraded and you could tell from looking at him because he appeared to be an actual humanoid Rhino and was walking over Cain until he got serious, hit him with a combo, then shot him in the mouth.

juggernaut74
He was in Colossus' strength range, but even though he said he could give it more in the workout, it was obvious he was struggling pretty damn hard before he even reached Colossus' level. And from the way Cyclops said it, he wasn't even really close.

And I don't know the specifics of the upgrade, but I'm pretty sure it was stated that he was upgraded and you could tell from looking at him because he appeared to be an actual humanoid Rhino and was walking over Cain until he got serious, hit him with a combo, then shot him in the mouth. I believe all that was said was the the Canadians were doing experiments on him.

carver9

And I don't know the specifics of the upgrade, but I'm pretty sure it was stated that he was upgraded and you could tell from looking at him because he appeared to be an actual humanoid Rhino and was walking over Cain until he got serious, hit him with a combo, then shot him in the mouth.

Cain didn't take him out physically, he threw a grenade in his mouth and made him gag on it which blew up in his body. Before this, he was working Cain.

Also, when did he lose this upgrade?

juggernaut74
Cain didn't take him out physically, he threw a grenade in his mouth and made him gag on it which blew up in his body. Before this, he was working Cain.

Also, when did he lose this upgrade? If I'm not mistaken Rhino was lying facedown in a pile or rocks when Cain grabbed the gun. Rhino wasn't in a good position.

KingD19
I never said he took him out physically. I said he got serious and hit him with a combo. That gave him the time needed to either shoot him in the mouth or use a grenade. All I remember about the end is that something went off in Rhino's mouth. And it was probably a one-off upgrade for the arc as later in Spider-Man Rhino's back to normal.

carver9
Originally posted by juggernaut74
If I'm not mistaken Rhino was lying facedown in a pile or rocks when Cain grabbed the gun. Rhino wasn't in a good position.

But Cain also admitted he couldn't hurt Rhino physically either.

carver9
If I'm not mistaken Rhino was lying facedown in a pile or rocks when Cain grabbed the gun. Rhino wasn't in a good position.

But Cain also admitted he couldn't hurt Rhino physically either. Was anything stated on panel advising he lost the amp?

KingD19
Maybe not permanently hurt him or take him out of the fight, but his hits obviously did enough damage to daze him long enough to take him down.

And I don't know if anything was stated on panel as Rhino went back to the spidey books, but the most telling evidence was the change in his appearance. He went back to normal.

ColossusGrundy
Current Rhino isn't as bad a jobber, I'd give him a chance, but I still go Venom due to the agility difference. Rhino may have a hard time getting in a clean shot.

SamZED
Rhino is a whole different beast now. His strength and durability are more impressive than ever before. I don't see a loser like Gargan beating him. No way.

Still, Rhino couldn't do that. There's a VERY old book where Rhino is fighting some superheroes with Colossus hanging on his neck and desperately trying to choke him. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.