Thanos vs Justice League (Read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

society619
Morals Off, Bloodlust On

Pre-New 52 Versions

Leaguers are :

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Cyborg
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan

DarkSaint85
Thanos lol.

carver9
WTF

Stoic
Originally posted by society619
Morals Off, Bloodlust On

Pre-New 52 Versions

Thanos has the power gem and soul gem,

Leaguers are :

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Cyborg
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan

Thanos would win even without the gems. Superman, and Flash would be he his biggest threats, but the rest would go down easily enough.

-Pr-
While I don't agree that he'd win without the gem, with it, the question becomes kind of redundant.

If nobody has any objections, i'll close it.

society619
Originally posted by -Pr-
While I don't agree that he'd win without the gem, with it, the question becomes kind of redundant.

If nobody has any objections, i'll close it.

If I took away the gems who that makes it more of a fight?

-Pr-
If I took away the gems who that makes it more of a fight?

If you take away the gems completely, I can see it being a fight yes.

pym-ftw
Soul gem solos
Power gem solos
Both is a laugh

Thanos 7/10 with no gems

society619
Fine no gems, i can't edit it

Stoic
Fine no gems, i can't edit it

Thanos still wins. He could one shot nearly the entire league. His physical stats are beyond them, his mind is beyond them, his mysticism is beyond them, and his tech is beyond them. Superman didn't do too wel against a similar foe in Darkseid recently. Darkseid does not possess Thanos' shields or his ability to place the entire league in force cubes capable of holding Thor. They lose.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Stoic
Thanos still wins. He could one shot nearly the entire league. His physical stats are beyond them, his mind is beyond them, his mysticism is beyond them, and his tech is beyond them. Superman didn't do too wel against a similar foe in Darkseid recently. Darkseid does not possess Thanos' shields or his ability to place the entire league in force cubes capable of holding Thor. They lose.

It's pre-reboot.

Also, edited OP to remove gems.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's pre-reboot.

Also, edited OP to remove gems.

Ah, in that case, he one shots the lesser members, places a force field in the Flash's path which takes him out, slaps Wonder bra's lips off, and dukes it out with Superman, while having a smile on his face, before getting really serious and taking control of his mind via TP laced with mysticism to really open him up.

DarkSaint85
Or, WW throws the lasso around him.

Diesldude
Team wins, Hal with his Krona's shield busting attacks, superman gives him the DS treatment, worse because he is bloodlusted and if he fights like if he has to kill him like in DOS, its over. You also have lash with his IMP and Wonder Woman who can block anything Thanos can throw at her. Thanos needs prep, separate them and utilize sneak attacks in order to have a chance to win this.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, tbh, morals off and bloodlust on? Barry can be pretty dickish with his powers if he wants to. Same with WW. And we all know what happens when Superman cuts loose.

ColossusGrundy
dunno if ppl are highballing Thanos or lowballing the JLA.

Without gems, JLA wins pretty soundly.

with gems Thanos

The Sorrow
Lulz you clearly don't know Thanos' capabilities. Thanos wins with or without the gems. Too durable, two powerful and has the versatility to deal with anything the league throw at him. It won't be easy but he definitely wins.

abhilegend
Flash dumps him in the speed force. Thanos isn't too strong for superman too who can match his every strength feat .

Zack Fair
Without the gems Thanos needs to work hard for the win.

Thanos 6-7/10 simply because he is used to fighting herald teams...but this league is powerful as **** and they will work really good together.

Rao Kal El
When has Thanos ever engaged physically against 4 top tiers at the same time?

The only time I remember, it was during the crossover and that does not count and He took 3 top tiers and was having problems.

abhilegend
Masterson Thor and Merged hulk physically restrained him casually when he and surfer were fighting in IG and dragged him away.

Estacado
Thanos.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Thanos took on PG Thor and held his own, the same Thor that wrecked Infinty Watch, Surfer , Dr Strange and Beta Ray Bill with.

That line up would stomp this JL line up

Harbinger
Basically comes down to whether you think Thanos > Clark/Diana/Hal/Barry, as the rest are dropped pretty quickly.

I don't think he does it. Between Hal's versatility with the ring, Barry's sheer speed, and Diana/Clark providing the muscle, JLA should take this.

Nihilist
Originally posted by abhilegend
Masterson Thor and Merged hulk physically restrained him casually when he and surfer were fighting in IG and dragged him away. lulz another lowball that proves nothing as In the same story Thanos slapped Hulk and Drax away with ease

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Lulz you clearly don't know Thanos' capabilities. Thanos wins with or without the gems. Too durable, two powerful and has the versatility to deal with anything the league throw at him. It won't be easy but he definitely wins.

big gap between the avengers and the pre DCnU JLA

ColossusGrundy
THanos definitely has some fans here.

blind ones...........heh.

he wins, but only with IG

Nihilist
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
THanos definitely has some fans here.

blind ones...........heh.

he wins, but only with IG Says the idiot who admits he hates a comicbook character.

Only with the IG, good one h1a8.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Flash dumps him in the speed force. Thanos isn't too strong for superman too who can match his every strength feat .

Match every strength feat... what do you mean? YOu mean space cheese feats that Thanos won't have being a bad guy? Or do you mean because superman has 20x as many appearances? Let me ask you this... who is portrayed as stronger.. Superman or Thanos?

PillarofOsiris
Without the gems this is a battle. With them it's an epic fail.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Masterson Thor and Merged hulk physically restrained him casually when he and surfer were fighting in IG and dragged him away.

You mean how superman has been tossed around like a weak feeb by Titus, Doomsday, Grundy, Konvict and countless others.. Thanos doesn't get tossed around like a weak feeb.. superman does. LOL at you using Thanos just standing there and not even looking like he was resisting as proof of something.

celeyhyga17

smh...

carver9
He's always lowballing (even though I think Hulk is stronger than anyone on the battlefield).

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by carver9
He's always lowballing (even though I think Hulk is stronger than anyone on the battlefield).

YOU complaining about someone lowballing???????

<phone rings>

Hello?

>Hello, Kettle? This is carver...... you're black. <click>

abhilegend
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Match every strength feat... what do you mean? YOu mean space cheese feats that Thanos won't have being a bad guy? Or do you mean because superman has 20x as many appearances? Let me ask you this... who is portrayed as stronger.. Superman or Thanos?
Character interactions too.Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You mean how superman has been tossed around like a weak feeb by Titus, Doomsday, Grundy, Konvict and countless others.. Thanos doesn't get tossed around like a weak feeb.. superman does. LOL at you using Thanos just standing there and not even looking like he was resisting as proof of something.
You don't know what are you talking about as usual. Go and post teleporting as matter manipulation feats.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
smh...
Want to go at it again kid?

Black bolt z
Thanos should win, but the JLA make him work hard for it.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Says the idiot who admits he hates a comicbook character.

Only with the IG, good one h1a8.

Hard to sort fanboy from lowballer.

Don't remember hating anyone, did you tear up when I said Thanos may lose without the IG?

Nihilist
Hard to sort fanboy from lowballer.

Don't remember hating anyone, did you tear up when I said Thanos may lose without the IG? tear up lol, all it did was confirm that you're a clueless troll.

Diesldude
Did Thanos physically beat up Thor with the power gem? You guys make it sound like Thanos > Thor + PG.

Is this true?

Diesldude
Originally posted by carver9
Stop lying and low balling son. The hulk isn't in this thread and if he was, he'd be the first one out as the weakest link. smile

Nihilist
Originally posted by Diesldude
Did Thanos physically beat up Thor with the power gem? You guys make it sound like Thanos > Thor + PG.

Is this true? he held his own and simply smiled at his best shots .

Harbinger
Pip made it quite clear that Thor was getting the upper hand in their fight, as evidenced by the fact that Thor put Thanos into a wall at the end (and before Thanos busted out the energy gun to trap Thor). Thanos held his own (and impressive fear given who Thor wrecked previously), but wasn't his superior.

vince_slice
Originally posted by Harbinger
Pip made it quite clear that Thor was getting the upper hand in their fight, as evidenced by the fact that Thor put Thanos into a wall at the end (and before Thanos busted out the energy gun to trap Thor). Thanos held his own (and impressive fear given who Thor wrecked previously), but wasn't his superior.
Actually after Thanos was punched against the wall, Pip thought Thanos had enough, but realized Thanos was enjoying it (hence Thanos' troll smile). That's also not when the fight ended, Thanos afterwards punched Thor through the ground. The physical fight looked like a stalemate to me.

Black bolt z

Is this true? There wasn't an actual end to the fight, but Thanos was holding his own against a bloodlusted Thor with the power gem. He was even doing his maniacal smile/eye twinkle thing while fighting, do he showed no indication of going down.

bayhunter12
Batman, aquaman, and cyborg fall quickly. However the team still takes this.

Diesldude
Thanks for the info, now before I go visit Comic Book Heaven and buy these comics, can someone tell me if Thor had mastery of the gem and if was fully utilizing it in his fight against Thanos.

vince_slice
Thanks for the info, now before I go visit Comic Book Heaven and buy these comics, can someone tell me if Thor had mastery of the gem and if was fully utilizing it in his fight against Thanos.
Thor was tapping into the PG thanks to his rage. He was slowly growing stronger with time. While he had the PG, Thor beat the shit out of Surfer, Doctor Strange, Adam Warlock, and the rest of the Infinity Watch. Let's be honest, without the gem Thor would've been stomped by that team. With it, he steamrolled them, but he hit a brick wall when he fought Thanos. Eventually though, had the fight continued longer, Thor would've grown strong enough even to beat Thanos probably.

Black bolt z
Thanks for the info, now before I go visit Comic Book Heaven and buy these comics, can someone tell me if Thor had mastery of the gem and if was fully utilizing it in his fight against Thanos. No, he did not have mastery of it, but was tapping into it. And like Vince said, he did wreck the infinity watch.

However, Thanos would be able to beat this team too.

JakeTheBank
He would have beaten Thanos eventually.

ColossusGrundy
funny how Thanos has followers on here that describe him as "unbeatable"...

yet he's been beaten.......... several times, otherwise the Marvel U would be screwed.

Highballing makes for dull threads as much as lowballing.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He would have beaten Thanos eventually. Maybe, mabye not. There should have been multiple ways that Thanos could take him out without the plot device, but instead he decided to slug it out. If he kept on slugging it out, eventually Thor would have won. But if he used his versatility, I think Thanos would have taken it.

Diesldude
So are you guys saying that thanos didn't really beat Thor with a pg and had to use a plot device? I vote for thanos more often than not, but this does. Mean that thanos is greater than pG. it just means he was able to hang with someone who had it in his possession but didn't really know what to do with it. What was thor's condition in that arc? Beserk? I think he can defeat surfer and other high heralds this way, so how much was it Thor and how much was it the gem?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Maybe, mabye not. There should have been multiple ways that Thanos could take him out without the plot device, but instead he decided to slug it out. If he kept on slugging it out, eventually Thor would have won. But if he used his versatility, I think Thanos would have taken it.

No, he would have beaten Thanos by Thanos own admission and actions. It's pretty obvious.

society619
funny how Thanos has followers on here that describe him as "unbeatable"...

yet he's been beaten.......... several times, otherwise the Marvel U would be screwed.

Highballing makes for dull threads as much as lowballing.

Most of the times he's been beaten its takes damn near the entire Marvel universe to do it.

JakeTheBank
So are you guys saying that thanos didn't really beat Thor with a pg and had to use a plot device? I vote for thanos more often than not, but this does. Mean that thanos is greater than pG. it just means he was able to hang with someone who had it in his possession but didn't really know what to do with it. What was thor's condition in that arc? Beserk? I think he can defeat surfer and other high heralds this way, so how much was it Thor and how much was it the gem?

Thanos' freakish durability enabled him to take on Thor w/PG in stride, but Thor's power level was continuously climbing. That doesn't mean he's greater than the Power Gem, but able to deal with a psycho Thor who was subconsciously using it to fuel his own power for a time.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, he would have beaten Thanos by Thanos own admission and actions. It's pretty obvious. Thank you!! That's what I was looking for. Also that thor beat up a lot of characters, but that's really nothing to thanos who beat up the most powerful of those characters (ss) in a couple of panels.

Stoic
Thank you!! That's what I was looking for. Also that thor beat up a lot of characters, but that's really nothing to thanos who beat up the most powerful of those characters (ss) in a couple of panels.

Yeah it kind of makes it seem like Thanos would beat this JL squad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.