Red Dawn (2012)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
A remake of the 1984 film of the same name, it stars Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games).

nGoe7BdGdlg

the ninjak
You've git to be kidding me? Well TWtWB did well.

f_KhErNyiq8

marwash22
well, that book/movie is pretty much a ripoff of the original Red Dawn.

the ninjak
How can any invasion story/rebellion tale not be a ripoff to a degree?

Whatevs. If it's good it's good.

Esau Cairn
From what I've read this remake of Red Dawn was actually made & completed a good several years ago.

I'm just wondering why it's taken so long for release?

Ascendancy
The storyline is the same as whatever that video game a few years ago where NK invaded, though of course that idea was drawn from Red Dawn anyway. I also don't like the idea that Hemsworth is a trained soldier here. Anyway, I don't have high hopes for this.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The storyline is the same as whatever that video game a few years ago where NK invaded, though of course that idea was drawn from Red Dawn anyway.

Homefront?.....and it only came out in 2011 not really a few years ago

it was supposedly written by John Milius but it wasn't.

marwash22
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
From what I've read this remake of Red Dawn was actually made & completed a good several years ago.

I'm just wondering why it's taken so long for release? apparently the original studio, MGM, was having some kind of financial trouble so this along with other projects (one of which was "Cabin in the Woods" that also starred Hemsworth) were stuck in limbo.

Kazenji
Another person from the show Home & Away is in this movie, Which Chris starred on.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Kazenji
Homefront?.....and it only came out in 2011 not really a few years ago

it was supposedly written by John Milius but it wasn't.
Guess I stopped following it after the intial development. I thought it came out earlier than that. I just meant that the idea of a communist power invading the U.S. can't help but have some influence from Red Dawn.

BruceSkywalker
this film is only being released because of the success of thor, the avengers and the hunger games..

i might go see this, but won;t be paying $11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.