Superman vs Reed Richards (Chess)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
They play 10 games, who wins majority?

pym-ftw
Superman, he can cheat faster than Richards can see

Mindset
Reed will have already taken that in account and checkmated Supes in one move.

JakeTheBank
Reed.

Harbinger
Didn't Tony beat Reed three times with a fair amount of ease?

I don't think Clark and Tony are so far apart in intelligence that Supes couldn't replicate that feat, tbh.

Black bolt z
Besides cheating, Reed should be 10 steps ahead of superman at all times.

SquallX
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Besides cheating, Reed should be 10 steps ahead of superman at all times.

While Superman would be ahead of Reed by 100 steps.

Give Clark 5 minutes to study chess, Reed's not winning.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SquallX

Give Clark 5 minutes to study chess, Reed's not winning. Reed could cure cancer over the weekend if he wasn't as douche erm

Clark is not beating him.

Mindset

Give Clark 5 minutes to study chess, Reed's not winning. Give Reed 5 minutes and he has taken over DC.

BlackZero30x
Reed would take Supermans ability to move and think (perceive) at superspeed into account and calculate a way to move that is unpredictable.

JayDaDon
What difference does superman's speed make? Its not a race, Clark is still gonna have to wait for reed to complete his turns.

Mindset
Originally posted by JayDaDon
What difference does superman's speed make? Its not a race, Clark is still gonna have to wait for reed to complete his turns. If it's speed chess.

BlackZero30x
It matters because if he were able to move at super speed and perceive things at such speeds then he would be able to pick out every possible way for reed to move and come up with a counter to every move. This all would happen before reed even moves.

Branlor Swift

Give Clark 5 minutes to study chess, Reed's not winning. What if you gave Gladiator five minutes to study chess?

JayDaDon
Yeah but it works both ways, If reed takes as much time as he needs to think, he could come up with plans that Clark can't break down or reads incorrectly. I wouldn't put it past him. I mean, reed knows its superman and he gets as much time as he needs to think of how to win. That's a dangerous thing.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Yeah but it works both ways, If reed takes as much time as he needs to think, he could come up with plans that Clark can't break down or reads incorrectly. I wouldn't put it past him. I mean, reed knows its superman and he gets as much time as he needs to think of how to win. That's a dangerous thing.

Don't mistake me I agree but (and I am speaking from theory entirely) he could potentially think of every possible counter to every possible move used on a chess board. Basically what I mean is play hundreds of game all the way through in his head. He could literally be like "well if I move my queen here then he could do this and I could counter like this but then he could do this" And play out entire games like that. It would be like looking at a keypad 0-9 and figuring out every possible number combination to a 5 digit password. That why I said reed would take this ability into account and play unpredictably.

SquallX
Reed could cure cancer over the weekend if he wasn't as douche erm

Clark is not beating him.

And you think Clark can't cure all the diseases in the world?

He hasn't done that simply because of plot sake.

Clark is by far one of the most intelligent being in the DC verse, he's just not been written like a tactician, but like a men that follows his heart.

He as one of the most powerful A.I under his command. Not only that, Kal is also a collector of knowledge. Inside his fortress of Solitude he has knowledge on multiple alien civilization, he just chooses not to use them.

cdtm
1% of reed's intelligence is greater than 100% of Supermans.

Unfortunately, 99.9% of his intellect will be working on things he actually cares about, and the .1% will be so bored with the concept of playing a stupid game against Superman, it will let Superman win just to get it over with...

cdtm
Serious answer:

Reed is far, far smarter, but in the end Supes can simply brute force his way to a draw via raw processing power greater than any super computer. Think how Deep Blue stalemated Gary Kasparov for the most part, until Gary made a mistake. But Reed won't make the rare critical mistake like Gary did.

So, draw/stalemate, which is what normally happens when a grandmaster takes on a gm strength computer program.

Diesldude
You don't have to be book smart to be good at chess. My pop didn't even graduate highschool and I never saw him lose a game. He used to own chess master 4000. He was a genius though and did work on the farm all his life so that could be a reason for not graduating highschool.

Superman can calculate all outcomes before reed makes his first move.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Diesldude

This.

cdtm
You don't have to be book smart to be good at chess. My pop didn't even graduate highschool and I never saw him lose a game. He used to own chess master 4000. He was a genius though and did work on the farm all his life so that could be a reason for not graduating highschool.

Yeah, Chess is about positional awareness and being able to crunch numbers in your head so you can think several moves ahead. Of course, experience helps a lot, allowing someone to memorize positions through experience...

Now, the game of Go would be an interesting match against Reed.. They still can't get Go computer programs at anywhere near master class..

tkitna
Originally posted by Mindset
Give Reed 5 minutes and he has taken over DC.

laughing I laughed out loud when I read this,

,,,because its true.

-Pr-
Superman will be able to calculate every possible move Reed can make. As smart as Reed is, there are only so many moves available to him.

Superman wins, imo.

8swords
this thread is............................

wait for it.................

stupid.......................

StiltmanFTW
Does Superman even know how to play chess? laughing out loud

Golgo13
I believe Superman was playing chess during the Silver Age against earth's super geniuses. I'm pretty sure he knows how. He did grow up as a regular boy.

Diesldude
He speaks multiple languages and is actually smarter than Lex.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Golgo13
I believe Superman was playing chess during the Silver Age against earth's super geniuses. I'm pretty sure he knows how. He did grow up as a regular boy. He grew up as a farmboy hick

SquallX
Originally posted by tkitna
laughing I laughed out loud when I read this,

,,,because its true.

I laugh too, because its not true.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman will be able to calculate every possible move Reed can make. As smart as Reed is, there are only so many moves available to him.

Superman wins, imo. You realize Reed could do the same thing, right?

ColossusGrundy
Split.

Supes' intelligence is way underappreciated. between Reed possibly overthinking and Kal's actual intelligence they split.

JakeTheBank
lol

People act like Reed can't calculate every possible scenario for chess and account for it. Considering the absurd shit he's done, it would be a low feat to assume he can't, tbh (which losing to Tony with Extremis was).

cdtm
You realize Reed could do the same thing, right?

Exactly.

That's why it's probably going to be a draw..

Chess may as well be Tic Tac Toe to them.

Mindset
Nah, Reed will out think him.

Black bolt z
And you think Clark can't cure all the diseases in the world?

He hasn't done that simply because of plot sake.

Clark is by far one of the most intelligent being in the DC verse, he's just not been written like a tactician, but like a men that follows his heart.

He as one of the most powerful A.I under his command. Not only that, Kal is also a collector of knowledge. Inside his fortress of Solitude he has knowledge on multiple alien civilization, he just chooses not to use them. OK. Clark is smart. He's not "Reed" smart.

DarkSaint85
Superman wins, unless Reed forces a draw. Think of it like Midnighter's battle computer - he sees an outcome he wants, then works backwards from it. Then updates it accordingly. Chess has its rules, and I don't think Reed can see as far ahead as Clark can, and update on the fly.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Superman wins, unless Reed forces a draw. Think of it like Midnighter's battle computer - he sees an outcome he wants, then works backwards from it. Then updates it accordingly. Chess has its rules, and I don't think Reed can see as far ahead as Clark can, and update on the fly. Reed will know what Superman will do before Superman knows.

JakeTheBank
Superman wins, unless Reed forces a draw. Think of it like Midnighter's battle computer - he sees an outcome he wants, then works backwards from it. Then updates it accordingly. Chess has its rules, and I don't think Reed can see as far ahead as Clark can, and update on the fly.

Predicting and calculating chess moves is a cake walk for someone like Reed, though.

Best case scenario for Clark is that he stalemates Reed and is having the best day of his life while Reed's having an meh day.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Predicting and calculating chess moves is a cake walk for someone like Reed, though.

Best case scenario for Clark is that he stalemates Reed and is having the best day of his life while Reed's having an meh day.

Agreed, as it is for Clark. I just don't see how he can out think the brute force computing power Clark has, that's all.

Mindset
Agreed, as it is for Clark. I just don't see how he can out think the brute force computing power Clark has, that's all. By having better computing power.

Which Reed has.

Black bolt z
Agreed, as it is for Clark. I just don't see how he can out think the brute force computing power Clark has, that's all. By being phucking Reed Richards no expression.

Seriously, superman may have a faster processing brain, but Reed's brain will process things so much better than Clark's that it will overcome his speed every single time.

ColossusGrundy
Draw.

The ones that think Reed can predict everything forget he never sees the next Doom plot or attack from the Mole man.

He is smart, but not psychic. They split the matches.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Draw.

The ones that think Reed can predict everything forget he never sees the next Doom plot or attack from the Mole man.

He is smart, but not psychic. They split the matches. Because what Moleman or Doom can do have a near infinite amount of possibilities (especially what Doom can do). There are a set amount of ways a chess match can go. And while the number of ways it can play out is incredibly high, for a guy like Reed, it shouldn't be too hard for him to calculate every outcome.

Mindset
Yes, because that is very similar to chess.

I'm being sarcastic, you were not going to pick up on that.

-Pr-
You realize Reed could do the same thing, right?

Not to the level Superman can, imo.

Black bolt z
Not to the level Superman can, imo. Reed can't see every possible move to the level that superman can see every possible move? How does that make any sense.

Mindset
Not to the level Superman can, imo. Why not?

There isn't a time limit per move.

-Pr-
Reed can't see every possible move to the level that superman can see every possible move? How does that make any sense.

Because Superman can calculate and predict more moves than Reed can. It's not a question of intelligence, more processing power.

Why not?

There isn't a time limit per move.

What would a time limit have to do with it?

I mean sure, considering chess has only so many pieces and so many routes, Reed is going to predict a hell of a lot. Like I said, it's just processing power.

Black bolt z
Because Superman can calculate and predict more moves than Reed can. It's not a question of intelligence, more processing power.

I mean sure, considering chess has only so many pieces and so many routes, Reed is going to predict a hell of a lot. Like I said, it's just processing power. Wouldn't Reed have more processing power than Superman? Superman just has faster processing power.

JakeTheBank
Seriously, though, computing and analyzing every single possible move in chess is a weak sauce feat for someone like Reed. Best case scenario is that Superman is able to draw with him.

-Pr-
Seriously, though, computing and analyzing every single possible move in chess is a weak sauce feat for someone like Reed.

You're spoiling my fun. sad

Mindset

I mean sure, considering chess has only so many pieces and so many routes, Reed is going to predict a hell of a lot. Like I said, it's just processing power. Because Reed can take all the time he wants to take into multiple scenarios.

You're essentially comparing a super computer (Supes) to a calculator (Reed) in solving a math problem. Not that I agree with your comparison, but we'll go with it, if there's no time limit the difference doesn't matter.

trollfacejpg
Originally posted by Harbinger

I don't think Clark and Tony are so far apart in intelligence

This.

Is so wrong.

-Pr-
Because Reed can take all the time he wants to take into multiple scenarios.

You're essentially comparing a super computer (Supes) to a calculator (Reed) in solving a math problem. Not that I agree with your comparison, but we'll go with it, if there's no time limit the difference doesn't matter.

I know.

It's not going to really matter either way.

psycho gundam
You realize Reed could do the same thing, right? reed recreated chess, and all the grandmasters when the universe was remade from his mind after it was nullified.

Diesldude
Seriously, though, computing and analyzing every single possible move in chess is a weak sauce feat for someone like Reed. Best case scenario is that Superman is able to draw with him.
Is Karparove smarter than Einstein? No. But I bet he would beat him in chess though.

Golgo13

thumb up They don't call him Superman for nothing. smile

Mindset
Is Karparove smarter than Einstein? No. But I bet he would beat him in chess though. Is Reed smarter than Superman? Yes. And he'd also beat him in chess.

Mindset
thumb up They don't call him Superman for nothing. smile They call him Superman because that's what he told people his name was, stoopid!

Golgo13
And because he can defeat Reed in chess. wink

Mindset
Not unless Superman is a Doombot.

Actually, he probably is.

JakeTheBank
Is Karparove smarter than Einstein? No. But I bet he would beat him in chess though.

Okay?

The only advantage Superman has is his ability to process information faster, which isn't all that great considering chess has a very finite number of moves and countermoves...all of which Reed is very aware of to begin with.

Superman can hope to draw with Reed if both are at their best.

Golgo13
Didn't Reed lose to Stark in chess?

JakeTheBank
Not unless Superman is a Doombot.

Actually, he probably is.

You know the Cosmic Armor?

Just a metaphysical Doombot he was loaned.

JakeTheBank
Didn't Reed lose to Stark in chess?

Yeah. Which is/was one of Tony's best feats when pitted against Reed as he was showing off his Extremis upgrade.

Still doesn't change the fact that Reed's best is, well, way better than that.

Golgo13
How many times did they face each other in chess? Has Reed won before?

Mindset
Once.

JakeTheBank
How many times did they face each other in chess? Has Reed won before?

Three times in one sitting, iirc in that issue. Could be wrong.

Reed's also beaten Doom(bot) in chess, which is a better feat than beating Tony. There's also the fact that Reed's mind has computed things far greater than analyzing every possible move in the game of chess.

Golgo13
And Superman couldn't analyze every possible move?

Diesldude
Is Reed smarter than Superman? Yes. And he'd also beat him in chess. Lol

JakeTheBank
And Superman couldn't analyze every possible move?

Which would lead to a draw. thumb up

So, yeah, best case for Kal is that he superspeed processes every possible move and stalemates Reed.

Golgo13
I could see that. Not only does Superman have a photographic memory (Busiek's run), but he's also broken down on how to build the Miracle Machine (reality warping tech) in mere moments. Definitely in Reed's class, IMO.

JakeTheBank
I could see that. Not only does Superman have a photographic memory (Busiek's run), but he's also broken down on how to build the Miracle Machine (reality warping tech) in mere moments. Definitely in Reed's class, IMO.

Superman's absolute best feats are roughly in Reed's class, sure.

He's not as smart as Reed is on a consistent basis, though.

Mindset
Superman's best feat is standing next to Kyle.

Golgo13
Superman's absolute best feats are roughly in Reed's class, sure.

He's not as smart as Reed is on a consistent basis, though.

I think that's due to writers not focusing on his intelligence, but more of physical threat types. Pre-Crisis Superman had some insane scientific feats as well and said to be smarter than all the scientists put together.

Diesldude
Okay?

The only advantage Superman has is his ability to process information faster, which isn't all that great considering chess has a very finite number of moves and countermoves...all of which Reed is very aware of to begin with.

Superman can hope to draw with Reed if both are at their best. Ok your words, "superman has the ability to process information faster.....chess has a very finite number.". Just think about that for a second.... Superman can process a finite # of moves faster and can actually calculate all outcomes because they are finite. I am not sure if you play chess or not, but thats the whole point, determine what the opponent will do based on where the pieces are and then make a move to force the opponnent. Superman can make calculations a lot faster than the most powerful computer and that raw processing power is what has gotten these programs to finally overcome the intangible human element.

Mindset
I think that's due to writers not focusing on his intelligence, but more of physical threat types. Pre-Crisis Superman had some insane scientific feats as well and said to be smarter than all the scientists put together. Except for Lex.

JakeTheBank
I think that's due to writers not focusing on his intelligence, but more of physical threat types. Pre-Crisis Superman had some insane scientific feats as well and said to be smarter than all the scientists put together.

Or that's due to most writers not feeling that on a consistent basis Superman is as smart as people like Reed Richards.

Diesldude
Except for Lex. Well lex is smarter than Kyle so thats nothing to be ashamed of.

JakeTheBank
Ok your words, "superman has the ability to process information faster.....chess has a very finite number.". Just think about that for a second.... Superman can process a finite # of moves faster and can actually calculate all outcomes because they are finite. I am not sure if you play chess or not, but thats the whole point, determine what the opponent will do based on where the pieces are and then make a move to force the opponnent. Superman can make calculations a lot faster than the most powerful computer and that raw processing power is what has gotten these programs to finally overcome the intangible human element.

Cool.

Reed =/= normal human, though. Like I've said as well as others in this thread, computing chess moves and counter moves and every possible outcome is a weak sauce feat for someone like Reed Ricards. The guy developed a social science that could accurately predict human behavior with unerring accuracy (which was why he was pro-Registration in Civil War) and in the future, ultimately creates utopia for humanity.

Golgo13
Or that's due to most writers not feeling that on a consistent basis Superman is as smart as people like Reed Richards.

Many writers have explored Superman's intelligence. Hell, in Robinson's JLA, he used Supergirl to understand advanced tech in seconds, because, IIRC, that's all she had. Kryptonians have advanced intelligence, especially in the tech department, because their race is so way ahead of humans.

Diesldude
Cool.

Reed =/= normal human, though. Like I've said as well as others in this thread, computing chess moves and counter moves and every possible outcome is a weak sauce feat for someone like Reed Ricards. The guy developed a social science that could accurately predict human behavior with unerring accuracy (which was why he was pro-Registration in Civil War) and in the future, ultimately creates utopia for humanity. I agree that Reed isn't a norm Human and is smart possible be smarter than superman but IMO its superman's game to lose. Reed will have to shoot for a stalemate, I think someone already said that it's like a tic tac toe for these 2.

JakeTheBank
Many writers have explored Superman's intelligence. Hell, in Robinson's JLA, he used Supergirl to understand advanced tech in seconds, because, IIRC, that's all she had. Kryptonians have advanced intelligence, especially in the tech department, because their race is so way ahead of humans.

Many writers agree that Superman isn't an idiot and is quite smart. As smart as Reed Richards? Extremely doubtful.

Reed has crazy intelligence and regularly develops tech that shits on anything Earthbound or relegated to normal humans.

JakeTheBank
I agree that Reed isn't a norm Human and is smart possible be smarter than superman but IMO its superman's game to lose. Reed will have to shoot for a stalemate, I think someone already said that it's like a tic tac toe for these 2.

He's smarter than Superman.

Best case scenario for Kal is that draws Reed.

Golgo13
Yet, Superman has matched some of Reed's best feats. If Superman has done these feats before, there is no reason why he couldn't do it again. And that goes for any super genius.

JakeTheBank
Yet, Superman has matched some of Reed's best feats. If Superman has done these feats before, there is no reason why he couldn't do it again. And that goes for any super genius.

Consistent portrayals > high end feats. PR's made that abundantly clear that we use averages here to detiremine where characters stand. And consistently, Superman isn't portrayed to be as smart as Reed Richards. It's such an obvious observation it really shouldn't even be broken down, but here I am doing it.

Out of curiosity, what feats do you think make Superman irrevocably as smart or smarter than Reed Richards?

Diesldude
He's smarter than Superman.

Best case scenario for Kal is that draws Reed. Yeah but reed can make mistakes, like he was wrong about power cosmic superman being the second most powerful being in the universe. smile.
Superman's smarts and raw processing power can use this to his advantage and if cheating is allowed..... Superspeed FTW smile

JakeTheBank
Yeah but reed can make mistakes, like he was wrong about power cosmic superman being the second most powerful being in the universe. smile.
Superman's smarts and raw processing power can use this to his advantage and if cheating is allowed..... Superspeed FTW smile

Reed's no Doom, so yeah, he's bound to make mistakes. Let's not act like Superman doesn't make mistakes, either.

Reed's smarts, which are consistently operating on a level >>> Superman's smarts, and his own computation level is an advantage of his own.

Yeah, cheating is the only way Superman would feasibly beat Reed at his best.

Mindset
Reed wins 10/10.

Nibedicus
Does Reed have any chess playing feats to his name? stick out tongue

Mindset
Yes.

abhilegend
Reed has beaten doom in chess. Superman wins.

Nibedicus
Has Superman even played chess ever? One would think that he has to recognize the patterns/strategies in order to compute "permutations" and such. stick out tongue

That would require him to at least have read a chess book sometime.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Reed has beaten doom in chess. Superman wins. Doombot.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Has Superman even played chess ever? One would think that he has to recognize the patterns/strategies in order to compute "permutations" and such. stick out tongue

That would require him to at least have read a chess book sometime. Once someone has become a Superman fan, thinking is no longer an option.

Nibedicus
Reed has beaten doom in chess. Superman wins.

Wait... how does Reed beating Doom in chess make Superman win? Isn't that more of a plus towards Reed winning?

JakeTheBank
Once someone has become a Superman fan, thinking is no longer an option.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
Doombot.
Real doom.Originally posted by Nibedicus
Wait... how does Reed beating Doom in chess make Superman win? Isn't that more of a plus towards Reed winning?
Because superman wins. Anything else is wrong.

JakeTheBank

I can tell your mind has been broken by recent events.

Mindset
Once someone has become a Superman fan, thinking is no longer an option.

Patient Zero:

Real doom.

abhilegend
Patient Zero:
Run away like the last thread.

abhilegend
I can tell your mind has been broken by recent events.
I'm just using your reasoning for better character.

Mindset
Run away like the last thread. You mean the last thread where you admitted defeat?

JakeTheBank
I'm just using your reasoning for better character.

You can save yourself a lot of grief and embarrassment if you just forsake the S-shield or even tone it down from a 97 out of 10 to like an 8 or something.

Mindset
You can save yourself a lot of grief and embarrassment if you just forsake the S-shield or even tone it down from a 97 out of 10 to like an 8 or something. Allow me to give you his response:

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20120811/taco.gif

abhilegend
You mean the last thread where you admitted defeat?
Where you ran away.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You can save yourself a lot of grief and embarrassment if you just forsake the S-shield or even tone it down from a 97 out of 10 to like an 8 or something.
Like you did with thor? I own and embarass people in debate jake not the other way around.

Lek Kuen
Don't waste your time Jake, he's just another heathen hiding beneath his S shield sheets to escape the Gospel of Doom from the Church of Rand. Soon he and his rivals in the Hall of Hulk shall see the truth and repent.

-Pr-
Abhi, give it a rest, please.

Golgo13
I'm hungry for tacos now. sad

JakeTheBank
Where you ran away.
Like you did with thor? I own and embarass people in debate jake not the other way around.

I'm a Thor fan, not a Thor fanboy.

You count as "people" that's for sure.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Don't waste your time Jake, he's just another heathen hiding beneath his S shield sheets to escape the Gospel of Doom from the Church of Rand. Soon he and his rivals in the Hall of Hulk shall see the truth and repent.

I do my Doom given duty to try and save the souls of the lost.

But Doom only helps those who help themselves. sad

Mindset
Where you ran away.
Like you did with thor? I own and embarass people in debate jake not the other way around. Perhaps you mean Rand away?

Because I did fist you with some knowledge.

JakeTheBank
Perhaps you mean Rand away?

Because I did fist you with some knowledge.

/thread

Golgo13
Yup! Epic Stalemate this battle will be.

Stoic
I'm hungry for tacos now. sad

Got the munchies huh? You think that they should legalize weed bro?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
Got the munchies huh? You think that they should legalize weed bro?

Hell, yeah. smokin' Right after I get those tacos.

abhilegend
Abhi, give it a rest, please.
I'm not doing anything restricted, am I?Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm a Thor fan, not a Thor fanboy.

You count as "people" that's for sure.
I'm a fan too. You count as people too jake.Originally posted by Mindset
Perhaps you mean Rand away?

Because I did fist you with some knowledge. You just ran away like everytime you do.

Mindset
I'm not doing anything restricted, am I?
You're posting.

So yea.

-Pr-
I'm not doing anything restricted, am I?
I'm a fan too. You count as people too jake. You just ran away like everytime you do.

No, making an ass of yourself isn't restricted, I suppose.

Lek Kuen
Pr one of these days Abhi and Carver are going to form an alliance to make you leave kmc.

Mindset
No, making an ass of yourself isn't restricted, I suppose. h5

abhilegend
You're posting.

So yea.
I say the same about you.Originally posted by -Pr-
No, making an ass of yourself isn't restricted, I suppose.
You mean making a fool of mindset isn't restricted, right?

JakeTheBank
Let us help you, Abhil.

For real, bruh

Mindset
Well, I've fisted abhi full of enough knowledge for today.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m31gax8chC1rudz88o1_500.gif

abhilegend
Let us help you, Abhil.

For real, bruh
laughing out loud
I finally understood, babyface is overrated.

abhilegend

Run away.

Stoic

Nice. I like the way one guy appears to break the others ass. Very nice!

janus77
Let us help you, Abhil.

For real, bruh
surely it's Abhi Legend ... not really good with hindi, but I imagine it's something like a distortion of "I am legend"?

DarkSaint85
Thought abhi meant dear....

abhilegend
Abhi is just one of my nicknames.

DarkSaint85
Abhi is just one of my nicknames.

Short for Abhishek....Bachchan???????.

abhilegend
Short for Abhishek....Bachchan???????.
laughing out loud

Diesldude
^^ Bol Bol Bol Bachan.

tkitna
As soon as Reed teaches him how to play, he then proceeds to school him as many times as it takes for Supes to cry.

Golgo13
Superman learns by himself and perfects all the moves by the time Reed sits down. wink

SamZED
Superman wins the game.
Because of Supes' reflexes he can counter instantly while Reed need time to think before making a move. So he'll run out of time sooner even if he's winning.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by SamZED
Superman wins the game.
Because of Supes' reflexes he can counter instantly while Reed need time to think before making a move. So he'll run out of time sooner even if he's winning.

How does that work? Thot this was a normal chess game, not a timered one?

SamZED
Originally posted by Nibedicus
How does that work? Thot this was a normal chess game, not a timered one? Aren't normal chess timered by default? Pretty sure pros only play with timers.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by SamZED
Aren't normal chess timered by default? Pretty sure pros only play with timers.

Not a tourney or pro game according to the stips. A lot of ppl don't play with a timer. So I guess it depends on what the OP thinks.

And I'm not rly all thay familiar with timered chess. Why would Reed run out of time? Aren't players given a set amount of time? How would Supes being faster run Reed out of time?

JakeTheBank
Reed won't run out of time to make a move, though.

PillarofOsiris

Give Clark 5 minutes to study chess, Reed's not winning.

5 minutes? he could probably read every chess book that ever existed. it would be like playing the best computer that ever existed. in all likelihood this would be a draw.

chess isn't much of an indicator of creativity IMO. reed's a genius, far beyond clark, but in a chess match it won't matter. it's like einstein vs deep blue. einstein loses or draws at best.

also reed's STRATEGY isn't the best. see WWH, Civil War, etc.

DarkSaint85
More I think about it, the more I'm convinced its a draw. The two guys are way above a petty game.

janus77
Reed flicks a pawn at just the precise angle to negate Superman's bio aura field and go right-up his nose and lodge itself in his brain.

Checkmate.

janus77
Doesn't matter how fast Superman thinks. Deep Blue processes data far faster than a human being yet it still lost the first match-up against Kasparov.

And most computer chess games are beatable, so processing speed alone isn't going to win it for Superman.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77
Doesn't matter how fast Superman thinks. Deep Blue processes data far faster than a human being yet it still lost the first match-up against Kasparov.

And most computer chess games are beatable, so processing speed alone isn't going to win it for Superman.

But he's not just a computer, though. Out of all the alien god type heroes, he's the most human.

Sundipped

janus77
But he's not just a computer, though. Out of all the alien god type heroes, he's the most human.
Good thing that, out of all humans, Reed is the most god-like "alien type" yes

Outside of arm wrestling or rock-paper-scissors (the perception speed and superior reactions will no doubt make this Superman's game to lose) there are no contests Reed will not triumph against Superman at.

janus77

Mindset
In this thread people show they really don't understand how Reed's mind works.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>