Who is smarter? Hank McCoy or Peter Parker?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51983/2469705-house_of_m_02_page_18_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/125544/2519751-marvel__63__large.jpg

Kid Kurdy
Leaning towards Spider-Man.

Mindset
Peter.

StiltmanFTW
Hank.

rotiart
Obviously Peter Parker. He was able to get rid of his wife without breaking the law or paying alimony!

pym-ftw
Beast

BlackZero30x
in comparison to what peter has created at horizon labs what has Beast done recently?

Badabing
Originally posted by Badabing
From The Amazing Spider-Man #588

The big brain on Spidey.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-27.jpg Originally posted by Badabing
More brain power.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-7.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-8.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-03-5.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/th_Untitled-Scanned-04-6.jpg

Would Beast fans post similar feats/scans, if available, for comparison?

ColossusGrundy
"Smarter" doesn't necessarily mean remembering formulas, etc.

Petey has NO social skills, and it takes intelligence to learn them.

Hank is smarter, albeit perhaps not as good a researcher.

pym-ftw
A recent feat for beast could be building a ghost buster backpack for Thor to contain the PF

Bouboumaster
McCoy is way above Peter Parker. He's in the top 8 scientists on Earth.

His field is DNA, in which he shits all over Parker.

Digi
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
"Smarter" doesn't necessarily mean remembering formulas, etc.

Petey has NO social skills, and it takes intelligence to learn them.

Yes, yes. That's why he constantly has friends, is invited onto numerous teams, and dates scads of amazingly attractive women.

This hasn't been true since the early 70's. Writers tend to hide it well, equating bad luck and life circumstances with lack of social skills. But really, he's like the most respected hero in the MU. Even Cap, though potentially more inspiring, is way more polarizing and socially inept in various situations.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
Yes, yes. That's why he constantly has friends, is invited onto numerous teams, and dates scads of amazingly attractive women.

This hasn't been true since the early 70's. Maybe that's when he stopped reading Spiderman comics.

the ninjak

This hasn't been true since the early 70's. Writers tend to hide it well, equating bad luck and life circumstances with lack of social skills. But really, he's like the most respected hero in the MU. Even Cap, though potentially more inspiring, is way more polarizing and socially inept in various situations.

Beast looks like an Orangutan Catman and still picks up babes.
And he does get invited to join teams

Hank creates amazing gadgets on the fly.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by the ninjak

He never said beast doesn't, but that those things prove that Peter does have social skills.

And Spidey invents crazy gadgets too, post some of beast feats or at least cite issues so we can compare.

I'm actually curious in what gets shown on both sides.

Sixth_Winged
Hank's smarter. Probably Him, reed, pym, tchalla, stark, banner, amadeus and probably one of the x-club would be among the top 10 heroic minds in earth mu (barring the villains of course cause dr. doom will shit over half on the list). Pete's great but he hasn't matched any of them yet.

However Peter's financial troubles, heroic career oversaturating his daily routines, jobs, etc should also be factored in. He has potential but he has never been able to reach his peak yet.

That's all seem to be changing now that the myriad of inventions he seemed to be pouring out (including parker particles lol).

Sixth_Winged

Well that might be true, some femme's who have been smithen by him seemed to have some background deeling with oddities like brand....or they fancy bestiality.

Pete has social skills but his uncle-guilt issues prevent him from taking it easy for a prolonged moment of time and concentrating on getting some piece of ***. Heck doesn't even have to try some times and gets sexual tension 90% of the time from his co-female supporting cast.

juggernaut74
Hank.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Hank's smarter. Probably Him, reed, pym, tchalla, stark, banner, amadeus and probably one of the x-club would be among the top 10 heroic minds in earth mu (barring the villains of course cause dr. doom will shit over half on the list). Pete's great but he hasn't matched any of them yet.

However Peter's financial troubles, heroic career oversaturating his daily routines, jobs, etc should also be factored in. He has potential but he has never been able to reach his peak yet.

That's all seem to be changing now that the myriad of inventions he seemed to be pouring out (including parker particles lol).

IMO the only thing keeping Parker from mentioned with the likes of Stark & company is his lack of resources. If he had regular access to the equipment Stark & Reed have he'd be right up there.

If you give Hank & Pete access to the same resources, I say Pete wins the battle of the brains.

JakeTheBank
Parker.

Digi

All valid points. None of which are actually a reply to my post. Not sure why you quoted it.

srug

SamZED
Ock owned Pym, owned Stark and owned MODOK. Pete owned Ock. My A>B>C>D logic FTW.

Mindset
Iirc, Reed said something along the lines of, " Peter you are way smarter than me, please phuck my *****, based god".

SamZED
thumb up And that's an accurate quote.

Mindset
Yea, I was surprised at the language, but it's canon.

Scoobless
Spider tracers at 15 >>> turning yourself into a blue monkey (but only just)

edster247
I heard somewhere that peter parker was given the title the next reed Richards, and with that said i would vote spidey

pym-ftw
^

He wishes but he's still no Pym and in honor of gawd Pym the McCoys named there child Hank

So McCoy>Parker

Falcon Man
Originally posted by Mindset
Iirc, Reed said something along the lines of, " Peter you are way smarter than me, please phuck my *****, based god".

I am quite sure I remember him saying something along these lines as well. Sadly, I do not have the source.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
He never said beast doesn't, but that those things prove that Peter does have social skills.

And Spidey invents crazy gadgets too, post some of beast feats or at least cite issues so we can compare.

I'm actually curious in what gets shown on both sides.

Spidey nearly drove Cap crazy with his smart aleck banter.

He has 2 girls that go crazy for him, one's psycho and the other he grew up with.

His teammates are always sick of his chatter...

How does he have social skills?

Digi

He has 2 girls that go crazy for him, one's psycho and the other he grew up with.

Lol.

JayDaDon

You do know that spidey's banter is an act that usually only comes out when the mask is ON right? Without it he's a joker sure but not on that level. I wish marvel didn't play it up so much when he's with other heroes, but what can you do? If you look at the kind of guy peter is outside of the suit that much becomes obvious.

Peter has always had alot of good friends since high school and even his high school bully eventually wanted to be his friend; that takes some degree of social skills.

Digi
Originally posted by JayDaDon
You do know that spidey's banter is an act that usually only comes out when the mask is ON right? Without it he's a joker sure but not on that level. I wish marvel didn't play it up so much when he's with other heroes, but what can you do? If you look at the kind of guy peter is outside of the suit that much becomes obvious.

Peter has always had alot of good friends since high school and even his high school bully eventually wanted to be his friend; that takes some degree of social skills.

There's also a bit of not-too-subtle inference that his schtick is just that, schtick. Like, Luke Cage hates Spidey's banter, but Luke Cage loves Peter as a person and teammate (no homo). Same with anyone who has the serious facade. Cap, DD, Wolverine...well, ok, Logan legit doesn't like Parker, but that's mutual.

I'm not bad with social skills because I make my co-workers groan with bad puns.

Anyway, I'd go so far as to say he's more universally respected than Cap, who IS awkward in a lot of modern social settings. Pete's a geek, but that stopped meaning anti-social back in probably the 80's.

He also gets plenty of tail...the marriage to Mary Jane shouldn't really count against him either. I mean, it's not a race for highest count, which might actually imply some social flaws. If anything, for him, because she's a famous actress/model who is super-social herself.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
McCoy is way above Peter Parker. He's in the top 8 scientists on Earth.

His field is DNA, in which he shits all over Parker. I didn't know fields can shit.

tkitna
Originally posted by h1a8
I didn't know fields can shit.

I'm pretty sure she does.

http://www.shasteen.com/irvinpics/irvin-guesswho-Sally%20Field.jpg

Stoic
They both specialize in two different fields, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Scoobless
Apples FTW!

and Digi, if it makes you feel better, I groan when I read most of your posts (not in a sexual way .... at least most of the time)

JayDaDon
There's also a bit of not-too-subtle inference that his schtick is just that, schtick. Like, Luke Cage hates Spidey's banter, but Luke Cage loves Peter as a person and teammate (no homo). Same with anyone who has the serious facade. Cap, DD, Wolverine...well, ok, Logan legit doesn't like Parker, but that's mutual.

I'm not bad with social skills because I make my co-workers groan with bad puns.

Anyway, I'd go so far as to say he's more universally respected than Cap, who IS awkward in a lot of modern social settings. Pete's a geek, but that stopped meaning anti-social back in probably the 80's.

He also gets plenty of tail...the marriage to Mary Jane shouldn't really count against him either. I mean, it's not a race for highest count, which might actually imply some social flaws. If anything, for him, because she's a famous actress/model who is super-social herself.

On that last note, didn't it look like silver sable was also about to admit her love for peter in their last moment alone before her "death"?

TheHulk
Hank FTW!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.