Reaction Time: Superman vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
This question has floated around on so many KMC threads that I think we need a definite answer here to settle this once and for all.

CosmicComet
Superman. Easily.

Surfer's reaction time wasn't even good enough to allow him to adjust his trajectory to grab the IG off of Thanos' hand. The same Thanos, who was slow enough for Captain America to dodge his punches.

At the very, very best, Surfer is dubiously stated to be a nanosecond level thinker. He cannot, and never has, shown motor functions within a nanosecond, but has thinked that fast--like one time, when he was tracing an energy signal.

Superman thinks, and moves, at mere fractions of a nanosecond. He has many time dilation feats to his credit.

bbrem123
please no more of these stupid threads

abhilegend
Superman has microsecond, nanosecond, faster than nanosecond, femtosecond level combat feats. Surfer has one dubious nanosecond thinking feat. Guess who is faster?

janus77
Surfer, no other choice really. He traverses the universe and maps all the stars and planets as he goes.

Easily trumps Superman.

PillarofOsiris
The fastest reaction time feat I've seen from the surfer was probably nano-second. Superman is far beyond that.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer, no other choice really. He traverses the universe and maps all the stars and planets as he goes.

Easily trumps Superman.

How does mapping the stars add to his reaction speed? He's not flying into each solar system and spinning around the planets mapping them, it's a function of his "cosmic awareness". Completely irrelevant point as usual.

bbrem123
DC states the speed at which its characters are moving while marvel does not....

keiththegreat
Question: Does the SS have any speed feats WITHOUT his board? I've heard him say several times he needs his board to fly.

keiththegreat
The reason I ask is because I doubt he can move his arms that fast. Thus his combat speed might be questionable as to whether he has it AT ALL without his board.

The Sorrow
Smh the level of Surfer lowballing is ridiculous.

People think a being who has regularly flown through solar systems panel to panel, kept pace with Mjolnir clearly flying at greater-than lightspeeds, reached Thanos from light years away before he could throw a punch, saved Nova from a bomb and outraced the explosion after it was triggered, scoured Earth mid-sentence, stated on panel he is ftl etc doesn't have lightspeed+ reactions? You would think it was a regular guy on a board the way some of the DC fans talk about him.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Smh the level of Surfer lowballing is ridiculous.

People think a being who has regularly flown through solar systems panel to panel, kept pace with Mjolnir clearly flying at greater-than lightspeeds, reached Thanos from light years away before he could throw a punch, saved Nova from a bomb and outraced the explosion after it was triggered, scoured Earth mid-sentence, stated on panel he is ftl etc doesn't have lightspeed+ reactions? You would think it was a regular guy on a board the way some of the DC fans talk about him.

Who said he doesn't have lightspeed reaction times? I clearly said he has nano-second reaction speed, which is FAR greater than lightspeed. People are rightly questioning just how fast he is, since many SS fans have been saying he's going to blitz Superman (in other threads) before Superman can react? Superman has outraced teleporters, and has many other feats equally impressive as SS's, and many are more so IMO.

Also, I find the question of whether he can move his arms at that speed interesting as well, as I've never thought about that before.

MF DELPH
I think Superman has better hand/eye coordination and dexterity (being able to construct large devices with hundreds to thousands of components in seconds with his hands, machine gun punching, etc), whereas Surfer is able to take in and process information on a vast scale (mapping a galaxy, checking everypoint on a planet in moments) as well as ascertain a situation and produce a solution (scan the dna of the inhabitants of a planet suffering from a planet wide pandemic and use cosmic awareness and the power cosmic to erradicate disease via skillful transmutation in seconds) at great speeds. Surfer is also able, via the power cosmic, to instantaneously rearrange matter to any configuration (like the feat he has of creating an armada of spaceships in moments in The Enslavers). I think Surfer's mind works at the same speed, or faster, than Superman's, but Superman is able to move his limbs with greater precision than Surfer (greater manual dexterity).

*edit

I do, however, think Surfer has proven agile enough to maneuver his body to dodge objects travelling at ftl speed, so while he may not be able to punch that fast, he's able to duck, dodge, and evade that fast, not to mention the fact that all movements he performs with his board are due to his complete psionic control over it (it's a part of him).

Digi
Originally posted by bbrem123
please no more of these stupid threads

laughing out loud

Self-awareness is not one of KMC's strong points.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has microsecond, nanosecond, faster than nanosecond, femtosecond level combat feats. Surfer has one dubious nanosecond thinking feat. Guess who is faster?

Scans?

keiththegreat
How many times have u seen these scans now? Stop being dense.

carver9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
How many times have u seen these scans now? Stop being dense.

Seen what scans? How about you show me.

golem370
Silver Surfer can with extreme effort see the futher so he could put a stop to something before it happens lol

Naija boy
Surfer does have feats of actually moving his limb superfast. Infact the nanosecond label was from a feat in which he both thought and moved his limbs within a nanosecond..

He also has some other feats of processing info within microseconds as well as moving his limbs within a microsecond.

This is different from the electronic signal tracking feat which also showed superspeed thinking, perceptions, and reactions.

There is also his dodging of Death urge within close quarters at lightspeed which displays the level of his reactions.

There is also his mental mapping of billions of stars simultaneously while moving far faster than light and battle with Beta ray bill etc.

Superman may have better reactions but surfer is no slouch.

dmills
Not this again...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.