HP Doomsday Vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
Doomsday invades Mount Olympus.

Harbinger
And promptly gets his ass handed to him.

h1a8
Not physically. He get's bfr though.

trollfacejpg
Originally posted by Harbinger
And promptly gets his ass handed to him.

bluewaterrider
If we're talking Marvel Comics Zeus as opposed to DC Zeus, Doomsday DOES get beaten down physically.

I'm not sure how the DC version would fare.

h1a8
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
If we're talking Marvel Comics Zeus as opposed to DC Zeus, Doomsday DOES get beaten down physically.

I'm not sure how the DC version would fare.

HP DD is far more durable than Hulk plus HP DD can adapt and get more resistant as he goes along.
IMO the OE>>>>>>>>Zues lightning.

Naija boy
Doomssday gets demolished

h1a8
DD resisted the OE at full power. This same attack but with less than half power instant vapored two missiles that Superman with all his might couldn't even put a scratch on the missiles.

DD by context and feats adapted to everything that was affecting him on the spot. providing sufficient proof of him being able to adapt on the spot.

The only way to beat HP DD is through one shotting him.
If you don't one shot him then your next attack would be less effective.
Plus let's not forget DD is fast as hell and is capable of blitzing entire teams (with characters that are fast as light) before they can respond. DD has covered miles before beings with ultra fast reflexes can even turn around.

Also HP DD showed sufficiently strength as to send his claw through Superman's shoulder completely like it was made of liquid.

PillarofOsiris
You should have at least said H2H for this not to be a ridiculous spite thread (and even then it still is). The mods have been falling asleep lately by letting a lot of these dumb threads stay open.

the Darkone
Zeus beats the living crap out HP doomsday, I can see Zeus ripping Doomsday bone protrusions out one by one!!

iceman24567
Zeus stomps

JakeTheBank
Zeus.

ozz81
porbably zues

Diesldude
MT. Olympus gets evacuated. Odin offers the Olympians residence in Asgard, which temporarily halts inbreeding.

h1a8
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
You should have at least said H2H for this not to be a ridiculous spite thread (and even then it still is). The mods have been falling asleep lately by letting a lot of these dumb threads stay open.

This is trolling. You can't say Zues wins because of his stature or name. We go by feats. Can Zeus one shot DD? If not, then how is he going to win without bfr?

What feats of poweroutput does Zeus have to show he can one shot DD?
If he can't one shot him then he would lose because DD would adapt and speed blitz.
DD has superior speed and will run through Zeus before he can react (unless you know of some speed and reaction feats Zeus has).

This is silly.
HP DD stomps.

JakeTheBank
Odin would be a dick to offer help to Zeus, knowing full well Zeus doesn't need it.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Odin would be a dick to offer help to Zeus, knowing full well Zeus doesn't need it. What feats does Zeus has that shows him being able to one shot DD? Also how will Zeus contend with DD's speed and viciousness?

JakeTheBank
He doesn't need to one shot Doomsday to kick his bone spurred ass from one side to Olympus to the next.

Diesldude
Odin will in order to pool their resources. Their best chance is to BFR DD.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by h1a8
This is trolling. You can't say Zues wins because of his stature or name. We go by feats. Can Zeus one shot DD? If not, then how is he going to win without bfr?

If he can't one shot him then he would lose because DD would adapt and speed blitz.
DD has superior speed and will run through Zeus before he can react (unless you know of some speed and reaction feats Zeus has).

This is silly.
HP DD stomps.

lol. Number one, you fail because the OP didn't turn BFR off. So the fight should end in less than 1 second when Zeus dumps him in a black hole. Number 2, Zeus doesn't need to do so since he has more than enough power to deal with multiple Doomsdays at once. Then again, you're the guy who said Rune King Thor couldn't physically damage WBH, so I'm not sure why I'm even bothering.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He doesn't need to one shot Doomsday to kick his bone spurred ass from one side to Olympus to the next. If he doesn't then DD would simply adapt to be more resistant which would make the fight harder to win. DD gets harder as the fight progresses so one must beat him early or he wins.

Diesldude
^^ I also don't see Zeus abusing DS the way DD did.

Stoic
^ Darkseid is not in the same power class as Zeus, not even close. If he were, Orion, and Superman would be as well, and that's just not how it is. Zeus would brutally beat Doomsday up. Just remember that Zeus can amplify his stats. Zeus may not be as powerful as Imperiex, but I'm betting that he has enough power to burn the flesh off of Doomsday like Imperiex did.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
^ Darkseid is not in the same power class as Zeus, not even close. If he were, Orion, and Superman would be as well, and that's just not how it is. Zeus would brutally beat Doomsday up. Just remember that Zeus can amplify his stats. Zeus may not be as powerful as Imperiex, but I'm betting that he has enough power to burn the flesh off of Doomsday like Imperiex did.

What feats does Zeus have that beats the OE feat with the missiles?
What feats of strength shows he can brutally beat Doomsday up?
What about DD's speed and relentlessness?

Stoic
What feats does Zeus have that beats the OE feat with the missiles?
What feats of strength shows he can brutally beat Doomsday up?
What about DD's speed and relentlessness?

Feats aren't the be all end all, while status as a premiere Sky Father isn't either, but just for shits and giggles, Zeus can transform into a mountain sized giant, and stomp, stomp, stomp on Doomsday. Darkseid on the other hand was turned into a whipping boy by Doomsday, who was also beaten so bad by Superman that he could not open his eyes. Darkseid also stated that Superman, and Orion were physical peers of his. Zeus is above these guys.

With this knowledge, you should realize that Zeus has never been written as a peer of some elite top tier, which is exactly what Darkseid had become.

lft4ded
I'm siding with Zeus on this one. I'd like to believe the Olympian lord of lightning would know a thing or two about speed, and I'm not sure his stamina is so little that he'd tire in any appreciable amount of time.

Plus, what are the limits of hand-to-hand? Can he charge his punches? He was able to seriously impair Hulk's ability to heal. Perhaps he could negate Doomday's ability to adapt.

Such is the power exhibited by Zeus!

Stoic
Zeus can do all of these things, which pretty much turns Doomsday into a one trick pony.

Superhuman strength, Superhuman stamina, Superhuman agility, Superhuman reflexes, Healing factor, Immortality, Flight, Teleportation, Precognition, Shapeshifting, Time travel, Weather modification, Magical energy manipulation.

He would kill Doomsday, and bring him back, just to kill him again.

Stoic
Originally posted by lft4ded
I'm siding with Zeus on this one. I'd like to believe the Olympian lord of lightning would know a thing or two about speed, and I'm not sure his stamina is so little that he'd tire in any appreciable amount of time.

Plus, what are the limits of hand-to-hand? Can he charge his punches? He was able to seriously impair Hulk's ability to heal. Perhaps he could negate Doomday's ability to adapt.

Such is the power exhibited by Zeus!

The OP never says anything about this being limited to a brawl.

ColossusGrundy
Is this one fight or a series?

If they fought say....... 10 times, DD would eventually get the upper hand......

that is if BFR was off.........

lots to ask, huh?

Zeus in one fight 10/10

Stoic
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Is this one fight or a series?

If they fought say....... 10 times, DD would eventually get the upper hand......

that is if BFR was off.........

lots to ask, huh?

Zeus in one fight 10/10

Just read the OP.

abhilegend
Darkseid is completely in the same ballpark as zeus. People should read about both characters before making wild claims. As for the fight, if its pak zeus he wins whether h2h or not. Any other version and its a toss up in h2h.

Galan007
^ Agreed. thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Darkseid is completely in the same ballpark as zeus. People should read about both characters before making wild claims. As for the fight, if its pak zeus he wins whether h2h or not. Any other version and its a toss up in h2h.

So I guess we should ignore what was said by Darkseid concerning being physical peers of Superman, and Orion? Which means that Zeus would also be a peer of these two as well. Is this what you're saying?

abhilegend
So I guess we should ignore what was said by Darkseid concerning being physical peers of Superman, and Orion? Which means that Zeus would also be a peer of these two as well. Is this what you're saying?
Physical peer to superman isn't a low point. Darkseid has treated orion like child in physical department, manhandling him with one hand. Zeus was beaten up and crucified by some random titans whom hercules and thing were owning after that and ares once punched his teeth out.

Branlor Swift
Zeus' bird destroyed adamantium missiles, so there's that in retort to Darkseid's missile feat.

Darkseid also didn't seem to be written too well there either. Hell, Jurgens also had Darkseid be scared of Doomsday, so he really liked to write him up. Plus there's also the thing about Doomsday cheapshotting the dick out of him.

Stoic
Physical peer to superman isn't a low point. Darkseid has treated orion like child in physical department, manhandling him with one hand. Zeus was beaten up and crucified by some random titans whom hercules and thing were owning after that and ares once punched his teeth out.

Well it seems that Darkseid was retconned down to Superman's level. Unless the fight between him and Darkseid didn't happen. You know the one that Superman cut loose and broke his face? What about the one where Superman beat him up so badly that he couldn't open his eyes? Since the rules state that we go by the current versions unless stated otherwise, and DCnU Darkseid has little to no feats, I guess we go off of what was stated by Darkseid himself. He said that he was a physical peer of Superman and Orion.

If you want to believe that Superman could beat Zeus, more power to you, many others will disagree.

Delta1938
Well it seems that Darkseid was retconned down to Superman's level. Unless the fight between him and Darkseid didn't happen. You know the one that Superman cut loose and broke his face? What about the one where Superman beat him up so badly that he couldn't open his eyes? Since the rules state that we go by the current versions unless stated otherwise, and DCnU Darkseid has little to no feats, I guess we go off of what was stated by Darkseid himself. He said that he was a physical peer of Superman and Orion.

If you want to believe that Superman could beat Zeus, more power to you, many others will disagree.

Problem with "the most current version" rule you're arguing is the title is HUNTER/PREY Doomsday VS Zeus, so of course Pre-DCnU Darkseid is the one who's going to be used for comparison.

PillarofOsiris
Superman and Doomsday together couldn't beat Zeus.

abhilegend

Physical strength isn't the only powes darkseid has. Also he only said that superman is his physical peer while noting that orion's savagery is what keeps him in the game. This looks like a peer to you?
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-18.jpg

Not to mention darkseid drops people like orion and firestorm with a wave of his hand and oneshots aggog who crushed orion and lightray simultaneously. Again, what's more embarrasing, getting beat by superman in a lengthy brawl after getting hit by omega beams or getting your teeth punched out by Ares?

Igniz
Zeus FTW

Stoic
Physical strength isn't the only powes darkseid has. Also he only said that superman is his physical peer while noting that orion's savagery is what keeps him in the game. This looks like a peer to you?

Not to mention darkseid drops people like orion and firestorm with a wave of his hand and oneshots aggog who crushed orion and lightray simultaneously. Again, what's more embarrasing, getting beat by superman in a lengthy brawl after getting hit by omega beams or getting your teeth punched out by Ares?

It's kind of easy to forget the threads main topic when crap like this crops up isn't it? All the same Zeus stomps the living hell out of Doomsday. They aren't peers, or even close to being peers. DC allowed Darkseid to be butt raped, which indirectly looked bad for your boy in blue leotards, and his hot headed ugly friend. Just playing... or am I?

abhilegend
It's kind of easy to forget the threads main topic when crap like this crops up isn't it? All the same Zeus stomps the living hell out of Doomsday. They aren't peers, or even close to being peers. DC allowed Darkseid to be butt raped, which indirectly looked bad for your boy in blue leotards, and his hot headed ugly friend. Just playing... or am I?
Lulz at this sad attempt at baiting. Just because zeus anal violated hulk, doesn't means that he can do the same to doomsday who beats the living hell out of people in zeus' power level.

Diesldude
I don't think dc makes a strong distinction between skyfather and heralds. A case can be made for wielders of god like powers like the ones owned by darkseid, Shazam but when you want to get into physicality, superman is the top dog and Hp DD is rigth there. This is probabaly why DS calls him a physical peer. Also DD already tanked an attack comparable to the best Zeus has to offer, only thing is Zeus doesn't get drained like ds.

carver9
Zeus kills Doomsday with his fist.

Delta1938
Originally posted by carver9
Zeus kills Doomsday with his fist.

If a weakling like Hulk couldn't die, then Doomsday is unfazed by Zeus' physical attacks. twisted

Come at me bro.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
If a weakling like Hulk couldn't die, then Doomsday is unfazed by Zeus' physical attacks. twisted

Come at me bro.

Hulk pinky toe>>>Doomsday. Savage Hulk is an amped Doomsday. big grin

Bring it.

Delta1938
Hulk pinky toe>>>Doomsday. Savage Hulk is an amped Doomsday. big grin

Bring it.

We're talking what the comics show. Not your wet dreams. big grin

EDIT: You wanna take this to character ownage instead of derailing the thread here?

carver9
We're talking what the comics show. Not your wet dreams. big grin

EDIT: You wanna take this to character ownage instead of derailing the thread here?

No need, I just owned you here. confused

Diesldude

thumb up

The way DS handled Orion here is almost like the way Odin deals with Thor sometimes.

Delta1938
No need, I just owned you here. confused

The face being confused is completely valid. 'Cuz you're confused about who's done the owning. wink

Stoic
It's funny how people love to exaggerate a characters physical stats, yet forget things like when an energy beam turns them to bones. Yet it's completely out of the question that Zeus could possibly do the same.

Lulz at this sad attempt at baiting. Just because zeus anal violated hulk, doesn't means that he can do the same to doomsday who beats the living hell out of people in zeus' power level.

Baiting? Nah that's what you just attempted to do. Don't try to role reverse with me by exercising your strawman routine, I'm not one of the softer minded people that you like to play that game on. I've already learned from reading your opinions that debating with you on anything that has to do with your Superman agenda is pointless, and it would be far easier to clap with one hand. Zeus wins.

pym-ftw
Zeus wins easily

DD evolving hype needs to stop

abhilegend
It's funny how people love to exaggerate a characters physical stats, yet forget things like when an energy beam turns them to bones. Yet it's completely out of the question that Zeus could possibly do the same.

Baiting? Nah that's what you just attempted to do. Don't try to role reverse with me by exercising your strawman routine, I'm not one of the softer minded people that you like to play that game on. I've already learned from reading your opinions that debating with you on anything that has to do with your Superman agenda is pointless, and it would be far easier to clap with one hand. Zeus wins.
Nice cop out. First you tried to lowball darkseid and when I proved you wrong, you tried to turn it into some sort of agenda from me. Run away like every hulk fanboy does. If he's going h2h its split, nothing more nothing less. A lesser team of avengers than which doomsday steamrolled in doomsday wars brought zeus to his knees. Only someone like you can compare imperiex to zeus captainstoic. Frankly I'm not surprised with all your "hulk is lightspeed" stupidity.

-Pr-
There's about four or five people in this thread who are going to get warned if they can't learn to debate properly.

Either be on topic and be somewhat civil, or shut the **** up.

Stoic
Nice cop out. First you tried to lowball darkseid and when I proved you wrong, you tried to turn it into some sort of agenda from me. Run away like every hulk fanboy does. If he's going h2h its split, nothing more nothing less. A lesser team of avengers than which doomsday steamrolled in doomsday wars brought zeus to his knees. Only someone like you can compare imperiex to zeus captainstoic. Frankly I'm not surprised with all your "hulk is lightspeed" stupidity.

read the OP. Zeus wins.

Diesldude
Leaving out Physical interaction for now, Stoic what's Zeus' best magical attack? how has HP DD fared to attacks of this level?

abhilegend
read the OP. Zeus wins.
There is nothing in OP that says this is a CIS free fight. The way zeus acted in Hulk/Hercules:When titans collide and in IH 622, its most likely h2h with a bit of lightning amped punches thrown in.

Diesldude
Also just wanted to add, HP DD tanked getting hit by something Darkseid's ancestors tried in vain to attain. The OE was a power all the kings of Apokolips wanted it, this means that Skyfather level, even Elder God level beings wanted OE and only DS was able to get it. And because of this, I think OE is greater than Zeus' lightening bolts. HP DD tanked 2 back to back from point blank range and got back up and beat up DS in 2 panels, worse than thanos beating up on Surfer. This and the fact that superman amped with eradicator's energies and the motherbox was an annoyance to him is why I think HP DD takes this.

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
Leaving out Physical interaction for now, Stoic what's Zeus' best magical attack? how has HP DD fared to attacks of this level?

Zeus could do a number of things, like open up portals to other dimensions, and eye zapping Doomsday into them. Zeus while slightly amplified, decked Galactus. I am of the opinion that guys on Zeus' level are a few tiers up on guys like the Hulk, Superman, Doomsday, and any of the other bricks or guys that have given them trouble. There has been many people that have brought up the no limit fallacy theory. When does that rule begin to apply to anyone other than the Hulk? Back on topic Zeus wins, and easily at that. In the same comic that he trounced the Hulk, we see an image of him, and he's as big as a mountain, now I wouldn't give him the auto-win in every case due to size alone,but this isn't Giant Man that we are discussing. Nor would it be a very competitive match for Zeus in terms of Doomsday butt raping him like he did to Darkseid.

It is what it is. I'm not low balling Darkseid. Low Balling him would be bringing up his failure to walk down a flight of stairs. Superman wrecked him twice when he went all out and stopped with the kiddie punches. In DOTNG, Darkseid says that Superman and Orion are his physical peers, now any other interpretation other than what was stated becomes opinion, that no one really has to pay regards to, I certainly won't, or attempt to spin it in some new direction. Hey man freedom of thought, believe what you want, but Zeus doesn't need to have these major feat and showings. At base and in his sleep Doomsday could probably wreck Zeus, but let's not forget that he can amplify his abilities to places that Doomsday can not follow. Not only that, but he has power sets that could literally weaken Doomsday's physical structure.

This is not a contest, Zeus would destroy him, and blast his molecules across the universe.

Delta1938

Yes, because Zeus=/>Imperiex Prime.

If that's the case about Abhi's "agenda," then why did you bother in the first place?

No, it looks like a cop-out. You were arguing against Doomsday partially because of Darkseid. You equate Darkseid's physical power to his overall power, focusing on Darkseid's hand-to-hand losses and ignoring Abhi's examples of Darkseid's other abilities. Then, when you painted yourself into a corner, you suddenly jump to the rule of we discuss most current version if not specified, but ignored the fact that the topic is about H/P Doomsday, so thus we compare him to Pre-DCnU versions of characters he's faced, thus your argument of Post-FLASHPOINT Darkseid lacking feats as irrelevant.

If you think Zeus has enough physical power to win when discussing hand-to-hand, then fine. But leave trying to argue that Darkseid's physical stats are all that matters when comparing how Doomsday did against him in your gauging of Doomsday. Not to mention you've ignored some of the examples Abhi's brought-up painting Zeus in not such a good light.

And if being a peer to Orion and Superman and losing to Superman hand-to-hand is a bad showing, then what does that make the fight with Ares(if correct; I haven't seen it myself) that Abhi pointed-out?

Stoic
Also just wanted to add, HP DD tanked getting hit by something Darkseid's ancestors tried in vain to attain. The OE was a power all the kings of Apokolips wanted it, this means that Skyfather level, even Elder God level beings wanted OE and only DS was able to get it. And because of this, I think OE is greater than Zeus' lightening bolts. HP DD tanked 2 back to back from point blank range and got back up and beat up DS in 2 panels, worse than thanos beating up on Surfer. This and the fact that superman amped with eradicator's energies and the motherbox was an annoyance to him is why I think HP DD takes this.

Darkseid is not in this thread, perhaps the OE was nerfed, because before his run in with the HP retard, only those thought to be essential were spared from being destroyed by it. You might want to take that up with the nerd who wrote the book.

Delta1938
This and the fact that superman amped with eradicator's energies and the motherbox was an annoyance to him is why I think HP DD takes this.

This is probably nitpicking, and very well could be considered getting off-topic, but I have to point-out Superman wasn't amped by the Eradicator's energies(meaning energy from the Eradicator himself), but had been powered-up by Kryptonite radiation that Eradicator had filtered and altered.

Darkseid is not in this thread, perhaps the OE was nerfed, because before his run in with the HP retard, only those thought to be essential were spared from being destroyed by it. You might want to take that up with the nerd who wrote the book.

So because Darkseid isn't in the topic, his reasoning for why he thinks the Omega Effect, which Doomsday bounced back from, is so powerful is irrelevant? huh Guess then you can't bring-up anything Zeus did to opponents.

Stoic
Yes, because Zeus=/>Imperiex Prime.

If that's the case about Abhi's "agenda," then why did you bother in the first place?

No, it looks like a cop-out. You were arguing against Doomsday partially because of Darkseid. You equate Darkseid's physical power to his overall power, focusing on Darkseid's hand-to-hand losses and ignoring Abhi's examples of Darkseid's other abilities. Then, when you painted yourself into a corner, you suddenly jump to the rule of we discuss most current version if not specified, but ignored the fact that the topic is about H/P Doomsday, so thus we compare him to Pre-DCnU versions of characters he's faced, thus your argument of Post-FLASHPOINT Darkseid lacking feats as irrelevant.

If you think Zeus has enough physical power to win when discussing hand-to-hand, then fine. But leave trying to argue that Darkseid's physical stats are all that matters when comparing how Doomsday did against him in your gauging of Doomsday. Not to mention you've ignored some of the examples Abhi's brought-up painting Zeus in not such a good light.

And if being a peer to Orion and Superman and losing to Superman hand-to-hand is a bad showing, then what does that make the fight with Ares(if correct; I haven't seen it myself) that Abhi pointed-out?

Wrong. I simply won't waste my time debating with someone who would argue that Superman would give Galactus a good fight. It's just a waste of my time.

Delta1938
Wrong. I simply won't waste my time debating with someone who would argue that Superman would give Galactus a good fight. It's just a waste of my time.

Another cop-out, I see.

Stoic
Another cop-out, I see.

Zeus has the power set to defeat Doomsday while sitting on the crapper. Do I need to spell it out to you? This is a no contest. The idea that the OE did not work on Doomsday was due to plot, which is called PIS, and from what I remember there are rules against mentioning events related to PIS. Perhaps you should take some time to read them. Doomsday is not essential like Superman is, and therefore he should have been erased, and Darkseid should have never been in a position where he was shocked, and sat there as Doomsday rose from the crater, ran across the battle field and butt raped him in royal fashion. The very idea that he did not make another attempt at blasting him was in and of itself ridiculous. Which is another reason why I stated that Darkseid was not in this thread.

Back on topic. Zeus has the power set to defeat Doomsday in a number of ways. Which is why most people left it at Zeus stomps. Now if you want to believe that Doomsday wins this based on that horribly written book go right ahead. Just remember that if you don't like my answer that it's just my opinion.

-Pr-
Zeus has the power set to defeat Doomsday while sitting on the crapper. Do I need to spell it out to you? This is a no contest. The idea that the OE did not work on Doomsday was due to plot, which is called PIS, and from what I remember there are rules against mentioning events related to PIS. Perhaps you should take some time to read them. Doomsday is not essential like Superman is, and therefore he should have been erased, and Darkseid should have never been in a position where he was shocked, and sat there as Doomsday rose from the crater, ran across the battle field and butt raped him in royal fashion. The very idea that he did not make another attempt at blasting him was in and of itself ridiculous. Which is another reason why I stated that Darkseid was not in this thread.

Back on topic. Zeus has the power set to defeat Doomsday in a number of ways. Which is why most people left it at Zeus stomps. Now if you want to believe that Doomsday wins this based on that horribly written book go right ahead. Just remember that if you don't like my answer that it's just my opinion.

The OE doesn't just erase people from existence... Or are you saying that's what Darkseid attempted to do?

Delta1938

I don't recall anything in HUNTER/PREY that had Doomsday survive because of a plot-device. Unless there's some other example you're referring to?

But that doesn't acknowledge how you've been arguing as if Darkseid's physical stats are all that matter, or the examples for Zeus fighting that Abhi pointed-out.

Also, I'm not so much arguing for either side as pointing-out the issues with what you've been doing.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
The OE doesn't just erase people from existence... Or are you saying that's what Darkseid attempted to do?

I know that the OE does other things. As for your question, I do believe that Darkseid was going for maximum stoppage, or he would have never said impossible. So yep I think he went for the kill. That scene in that book may have been worse than Spider Man beating Firelord, it certainly couldn't have been better.

Diesldude
Size doesn't matter to beings like Zeus, Odin Superman, Hulk. Can you prove Zeus' power stats amplify when he grows larger? that's not like the hulk who absorbed the gamma radiation from FFF and grew larger and got stronger. Being a sky father, Zeus can access his power which ever way he wants, can house it in his body or where he keeps it, but that doesn't guarantee that he grows in power, when Odin headbutted galactus was he that much stronger than his normal self? If he was why was Zeus who was at his normal size able to rock galactus and on that note, we don't know how much of an amp he was given by the chaos king to do what he did. I might be mistaken, but for all we know it could have been ck supplying all of the power because zeus was dead wasn't he?

Either way that's all speculation on your part. We don't know with 100% certainty that Zeus get's stronger as he grows taller nor do we know how much CK amped Zeus when he knocked a weary galactus. But we do know that HP DD tanked an attack that's on par with the BEST that Zeus has to offer and he physically destroyed a being who created Validus. When you say things like zeus destroys hp dd while in the crapper, it shows that you are running out of arguments.

Also i brought up DS "godlike" attacks as a comparison to Zeus' godlike attacks.

DarkSaint85
Wow, really? As bad as Spidey/Firelord?

It WAS Doomsday. Who had already evolved past Guardians, GLs, that Radiant guy etc. I won't say it was as bad as that, given that we've seen Darkseid's OE not putting Kryptonians down...

Delta1938
I know that the OE does other things. As for your question, I do believe that Darkseid was going for maximum stoppage, or he would have never said impossible. So yep I think he went for the kill. That scene in that book may have been worse than Spider Man beating Firelord, it certainly couldn't have been better.

He states "Omega Beams," and talks about it burning hotter than the fires of Apokolips. Looks like he was going for disintegrating Doomsday instead of erasing him/it from existence.

Stoic
I don't recall anything in HUNTER/PREY that had Doomsday survive because of a plot-device. Unless there's some other example you're referring to?

But that doesn't acknowledge how you've been arguing as if Darkseid's physical stats are all that matter, or the examples for Zeus fighting that Abhi pointed-out.

Also, I'm not so much arguing for either side as pointing-out the issues with what you've been doing.

What's your angle? Are you Abhi's sock account? His Lawyer? What? Arguing Darkseid in the past, and I'm not sure how long you have been posting on this forum, but it has literally gone from a sensible discussion to it wasn't the real Darkseid more times than I can count. Others will tell you the same.

The book in question was so dumb, that this is all that people could say about it in terms of it being Desaad in disguise over it being the real Darkseid. This is why I stated current version that had some history and not the DCnU Darkseid with his little to no feats. When Imperiex fried Doomsday's flesh off leaving only his skeleton, it showed what a celestial, or higher power could do to the creature.

Zeus has always been regarded as a higher power than the run of the mill Herald-Trans type characters. Darkseid of the past 18 years or so, has been painted as a High Herald to mid trans tier character at best, and that's really pushing it. Superman wrecking him once could have been argued to be PIS, but twice? To cement the deal, the writer specifically adds that Darkseid believes that Superman and Orion are his physical peers. If the continuity is off than so be it. That's all I have to say about that.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wow, really? As bad as Spidey/Firelord?

It WAS Doomsday. Who had already evolved past Guardians, GLs, that Radiant guy etc. I won't say it was as bad as that, given that we've seen Darkseid's OE not putting Kryptonians down...

Yeah as bad as that, since he could have gone for the erase.

Stoic
Size doesn't matter to beings like Zeus, Odin Superman, Hulk. Can you prove Zeus' power stats amplify when he grows larger? that's not like the hulk who absorbed the gamma radiation from FFF and grew larger and got stronger. Being a sky father, Zeus can access his power which ever way he wants, can house it in his body or where he keeps it, but that doesn't guarantee that he grows in power, when Odin headbutted galactus was he that much stronger than his normal self? If he was why was Zeus who was at his normal size able to rock galactus and on that note, we don't know how much of an amp he was given by the chaos king to do what he did. I might be mistaken, but for all we know it could have been ck supplying all of the power because zeus was dead wasn't he?

Either way that's all speculation on your part. We don't know with 100% certainty that Zeus get's stronger as he grows taller nor do we know how much CK amped Zeus when he knocked a weary galactus. But we do know that HP DD tanked an attack that's on par with the BEST that Zeus has to offer and he physically destroyed a being who created Validus. When you say things like zeus destroys hp dd while in the crapper, it shows that you are running out of arguments.

Also i brought up DS "godlike" attacks as a comparison to Zeus' godlike attacks.

Zeus can amplify his stats. Unless you believe that it was a class 70 that beat the brakes off of the Hulk. I wouldn't be surprised if you did, but whatever.

DarkSaint85
Yeah as bad as that, since he could have gone for the erase.

True. I guess it was PIS then, because the whole point of the storyline was to show how badass H/P Doomsday was - it would be a very short comic if Darkseid had remembered what he was able to do!

Diesldude
Stoic, c'mon man, more speculations?

-Pr-

Well on that, I completely disagree.

Doomsday was, after all, the only creature that had ever made Darkseid feel genuine fear many years before. That could have easily affected Darkseid.

To say it's as bad as SvsFL is, if you'll pardon the expression, utterly ridiculous.

Stoic
Well on that, I completely disagree.

Doomsday was, after all, the only creature that had ever made Darkseid feel genuine fear many years before. That could have easily affected Darkseid.

To say it's as bad as SvsFL is, if you'll pardon the expression, utterly ridiculous.

Even though he could have erased him? He has the power to do so, just as Firelord had the power to roast Spiderman, but he instead played a cat and mouse game with him, and ended up as the mouse. It's your right to disagree -Pr-, but it does not remove the idea that Darkseid had the power all along to put a stop to the facade from jump street.

Stoic, c'mon man, more speculations?

What is it that you can't understand? Zeus at base is weaker than Hercules. He amplifies his physical stats period. It's one of his many powers. Doomsday simply can not keep pace with a guy that could do the things that Zeus can, nor would he ever have to allow this to become more than growing the size of a mountain,, stepping on him several times, to loosen shyt up, and punting him through the hell gate that he had opened behind Doomsday.

Diesldude
Zeus can amplify his stats. Unless you believe that it was a class 70 that beat the brakes off of the Hulk. I wouldn't be surprised if you did, but whatever. Who said he was class 70?
No doubting that Zeus can amplify his stats to get past the Hulk or whatever, but his power isn't without limit. Also, why do you think a giant zeus is automatically more powerful? Size doesn't matter to beings when you are in this class. Was Odin more powerful when headbutted Galactus?

If he tries to punt DD, he'll cut his his foot in half.

Stoic
Who said he was class 70?
No doubting that Zeus can amplify his stats to get past the Hulk or whatever, but his power isn't without limit. Also, why do you think a giant zeus is automatically more powerful? Size doesn't matter to beings when you are in this class. Was Odin more powerful when headbutted Galactus?

If he tries to punt DD, he'll cut his his foot in half.

His bio states that he is a class 70 at base. Since he has very little showings, one is forced to go off of his hand book entries. His power also does not have to be at the Living Tribunal's level to beat up on HP Doomsday. Again this isn't Hank Pym in Giant Man mode, this is Zeus who happens to be able to transmute matter. He could in fact regress Doomsday on a molecular level, which is another one of his powers. What can Doomsday do? Punch? Jump? evolve? Is there a no limits fallacy that can be placed on how powerful this guy can become, or is that only placed on the Hulk? You're inability to accept that Zeus would win shows me several things. However I won't be convinced that he would win if Zeus is actually allowed to use his powers like an intelligent and well written character.

Doomsday is outgunned here. Sorry that Darkseid didn't opt to finish things off, and was made to look like a butt monkey, but that's just how things went. Sorry about that.

The Sorrow
Smh @ this thread. Zeus WRECKS Doomsday.

kevdude

thumb up Btw I wouldn't as well ever put Zeus in any comparison to Imperiex who is many times beyond him, Celestials and Eternity/Kismet.

Stoic
Originally posted by kevdude
thumb up Btw I wouldn't as well ever put Zeus in any comparison to Imperiex who is many times beyond him, Celestials and Eternity/Kismet.

The question here is, does Zeus need to be at that level to outshine HP/DD?

Diesldude
His bio states that he is a class 70 at base. Since he has very little showings, one is forced to go off of his hand book entries. His power also does not have to be at the Living Tribunal's level to beat up on HP Doomsday. Again this isn't Hank Pym in Giant Man mode, this is Zeus who happens to be able to transmute matter. He could in fact regress Doomsday on a molecular level, which is another one of his powers. What can Doomsday do? Punch? Jump? evolve? Is there a no limits fallacy that can be placed on how powerful this guy can become, or is that only placed on the Hulk? You're inability to accept that Zeus would win shows me several things. However I won't be convinced that he would win if Zeus is actually allowed to use his powers like an intelligent and well written character.

Doomsday is outgunned here. Sorry that Darkseid didn't opt to finish things off, and was made to look like a butt monkey, but that's just how things went. Sorry about that. Why are you apologizing bro, this is just a conversation about comic book characters lol. HP Dd doesn't have to evolve, his punches are going to put a hurting on zeus and make him forget his thunderbolts or even that he can teleport him. I don't believe that Zeus can hurt him for the fact that DS wasn't made into a weak sauce like you believe. Him destroying the missiles which superman could't dent using his eye beams hhhmmm where have we seen that? King Thor melting Cap's shield, iirc written by jurgens, same guy who wrote this. If you deem one of his charcters as a sky father why not another of his character doing the same thing? A weakened DS did that and then one shotted cyborg superman, but almost got killed in 2 panels against DD. He took everything from Ds who was on par with king Thor IMO and he dropped him worse than Zeus did to wwh. Zeus does win with BFR but if he decides to fight he loses hard.

janus77
Zeus murders DD. Then does it again just to drive the point home.

PillarofOsiris
Imagine what the KMC version of the Council Elite of the Pantheons of Earth would look like?:

Thanos, WBH, DD, Kuurth

pym-ftw
^Drop hulk add Flash (Barry) and I agree

I remember a flash vs Odin match not to long ago

carver9
This is probably nitpicking, and very well could be considered getting off-topic, but I have to point-out Superman wasn't amped by the Eradicator's energies(meaning energy from the Eradicator himself), but had been powered-up by Kryptonite radiation that Eradicator had filtered and altered.

So because Darkseid isn't in the topic, his reasoning for why he thinks the Omega Effect, which Doomsday bounced back from, is so powerful is irrelevant? huh Guess then you can't bring-up anything Zeus did to opponents.

IIRC, the Omegas KILLED Doomsday. His evolving powers brought him back to life. He didn't tank anything.

By the way, Darkseid sucks.

carver9
Also, Zeus temporarily held off Chaos King with his magic. Just brought that up because someone asked for fts involving Zeus magic.

PillarofOsiris
Also, Zeus temporarily held off Chaos King with his magic. Just brought that up because someone asked for fts involving Zeus magic.

We need to make a rule on the site that Chaos War can't be used as evidence of ANYTHING. Chaos King made Death run away. Do I have to say anything else?

carver9
We need to make a rule on the site that Chaos War can't be used as evidence of ANYTHING. Chaos King made Death run away. Do I have to say anything else besides Zeus being a powerful MOFO?

PillarofOsiris
Nice quote. Although I do agree, Zeus is powerful. And I believe this thread should have been closed on page 1 as spite.

Stoic
Why are you apologizing bro, this is just a conversation about comic book characters lol. HP Dd doesn't have to evolve, his punches are going to put a hurting on zeus and make him forget his thunderbolts or even that he can teleport him. I don't believe that Zeus can hurt him for the fact that DS wasn't made into a weak sauce like you believe. Him destroying the missiles which superman could't dent using his eye beams hhhmmm where have we seen that? King Thor melting Cap's shield, iirc written by jurgens, same guy who wrote this. If you deem one of his charcters as a sky father why not another of his character doing the same thing? A weakened DS did that and then one shotted cyborg superman, but almost got killed in 2 panels against DD. He took everything from Ds who was on par with king Thor IMO and he dropped him worse than Zeus did to wwh. Zeus does win with BFR but if he decides to fight he loses hard.

Now I know that you're a sock.

Sixth_Winged
Skyfather going exotic with their powers would basically be hp dd getting killed in some form that wasn't experienced before (but would neverthless adapt to it) or bfr. Then again, Zeus could just reduce him to skeleton like how Imperiex owned dd.

Physically...hmm I remember back in the day, Zeus summarily owned a group of avengers including photon, thor, namor, black knight, dr druid, cap, etc so I don't think he's a slouch in the physical department.

carver9
Zeus would kill Doomsday in a physical confrontation.

Diesldude
IIRC, the Omegas KILLED Doomsday. His evolving powers brought him back to life. He didn't tank anything.

By the way, Darkseid sucks. I have already proven this to be a lie. Want me to find my posts?

carver9
I have already proven this to be a lie. Want me to find my posts?

Yes.

Diesldude
Here u to buddy this was in response to your post too! LOL

Look for my post near the middle..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13626150&highlight=Blood+userid%3A129892#post13626150

brownqk
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Smh @ this thread. Zeus WRECKS Doomsday.

This. HP DD wouldn't do better than WBH.....

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by brownqk

He would definitely do better. But he'd still lose.

Colossus-Big C
Recent zeus wins, pak would have zeus murder doomsday

-Pr-
Even though he could have erased him? He has the power to do so, just as Firelord had the power to roast Spiderman, but he instead played a cat and mouse game with him, and ended up as the mouse. It's your right to disagree -Pr-, but it does not remove the idea that Darkseid had the power all along to put a stop to the facade from jump street.

And if every character exercised that right, comics would be about three pages long.

I'm not even arguing that Doomsday beats Zeus, I just don't get why Darkseid is being treated with such disdain. I mean, he could wipe out anyone with his OE, but we're supposed to just assume he's an idiot with his powers?

Diesldude
And if every character exercised that right, comics would be about three pages long.

I'm not even arguing that Doomsday beats Zeus, I just don't get why Darkseid is being treated with such disdain. I mean, he could wipe out anyone with his OE, but we're supposed to just assume he's an idiot with his powers? Easy, it is to lessen's HP DD's feats which will then be ineffectual in this argument.

Stoic

I'm not even arguing that Doomsday beats Zeus, I just don't get why Darkseid is being treated with such disdain. I mean, he could wipe out anyone with his OE, but we're supposed to just assume he's an idiot with his powers?

Isn't that what happened? Darkseid stood there with a weapon capable of ending the entire charade, but instead took an ass whipping? Isn't that what happened? The writer wrote him up that way, don't get mad at me for pointing it out. Firelord sat there as well and got whipped. PIS exists in comics or it wouldn't be an issue in forum debates. I've spent too much time with this thread, and stand by my opinion that Zeus would defeat HP/DD if he used his powers instead of stand there saying impossible like Darksed did.

carver9

Agreed.

ColossusGrundy

This is wrong.

DD would eventually do better............... in subsequent fights. WBH wouldn't... he dont' evolve.

Just pukes when Zeus hits him.

ow.

carver9
Here u to buddy this was in response to your post too! LOL

Look for my post near the middle..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13626150&highlight=Blood+userid%3A129892#post13626150

Uuuuummm, that post didn't prove anything but "your opinion". Who blood was it.?

Stoic
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
This is wrong.

DD would eventually do better............... in subsequent fights. WBH wouldn't... he dont' evolve.

Just pukes when Zeus hits him.

ow.

To evolve means to change. The Hulk constantly changes. Now about that no limits fallacy. Does it exist for one but not the other?

Diesldude
Uuuuummm, that post didn't prove anything but "your opinion". Who blood was it.? It wasn't doomsdays because we saw him cut and he didn't bleed. Do you need scans? Apokolips is a inhabited planet and a building got destroyed. Those people bleed, doomsday doesn't so make your own conclusions, coming up with the right answer isn't too difficult.

DarkSaint85
Isn't that what happened? Darkseid stood there with a weapon capable of ending the entire charade, but instead took an ass whipping? Isn't that what happened? The writer wrote him up that way, don't get mad at me for pointing it out. Firelord sat there as well and got whipped. PIS exists in comics or it wouldn't be an issue in forum debates. I've spent too much time with this thread, and stand by my opinion that Zeus would defeat HP/DD if he used his powers instead of stand there saying impossible like Darksed did.

Now you know how some people feel with the WWH storyline.

But that's not relevant to this thread. I only brought it up so you can remember how you feel right now, and maybe that would ease the anger in future threads.

If it was a purely physical brawl, Doomsday would win. With all his other powers, Zeus would wreck that beautiful face of Doomy's.

carver9
It wasn't doomsdays because we saw him cut and he didn't bleed. Do you need scans? Apokolips is a inhabited planet and a building got destroyed. Those people bleed, doomsday doesn't so make your own conclusions, coming up with the right answer isn't too difficult.

Who blood was it.?

h1a8
Superman and Doomsday together couldn't beat Zeus.

Prove that Zeus can beat DD using feats and not speculation.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Zeus' bird destroyed adamantium missiles, so there's that in retort to Darkseid's missile feat.

Darkseid also didn't seem to be written too well there either. Hell, Jurgens also had Darkseid be scared of Doomsday, so he really liked to write him up. Plus there's also the thing about Doomsday cheapshotting the dick out of him.

Zeus bird=/= Zeus
DS instant vapored the missiles with less than half power, and not merely destroyed them. Big difference.

Cheapshot or not if DD landed a good blow in a fair fight then it would have ended the same since it was a combo.

Feats aren't the be all end all, while status as a premiere Sky Father isn't either, but just for shits and giggles, Zeus can transform into a mountain sized giant, and stomp, stomp, stomp on Doomsday. Darkseid on the other hand was turned into a whipping boy by Doomsday, who was also beaten so bad by Superman that he could not open his eyes. Darkseid also stated that Superman, and Orion were physical peers of his. Zeus is above these guys.

With this knowledge, you should realize that Zeus has never been written as a peer of some elite top tier, which is exactly what Darkseid had become.

We go by feats. Otherwise we end up with is pure speculation.
Zeus turning into a giant doesn't prove anything. He might get his foot cut up badly if he stepped on DD. See how i speculated there. But seriously Zeus wins because of who he is just got to stop. It's not logical. What about who HP DD is?
Hell Superman wasn't even a peer to him anymore.

Stoic

But that's not relevant to this thread. I only brought it up so you can remember how you feel right now, and maybe that would ease the anger in future threads.

If it was a purely physical brawl, Doomsday would win. With all his other powers, Zeus would wreck that beautiful face of Doomy's.

Zeus amplified his physical stats when he smashed the Hulk though. He would do the same with Doomsday. Hulk couldn't even heal properly due to something that Zeus did on a magical level. The Zeus vs Hulk battle beat-down wasn't a purely physical one, because Zeus at base is a class 70 to begin with, and then we see him hitting the Hulk with magically charged lightning fists. If you replaced the Hulk with Doomsday, the same crap would have happened based on Zeus' abilities to alter matter.

The Sorrow

Doomsday is a mindless mass murderer, Hulk isn't.

How is Doomsday going to win if Zeus alters his size and literally stomps him or uses his magic amped punches, something like the kryptonians or even Hulk, he has no active defense against? Whether this is hth or all powers, Doomsday gets wrecked hard.

Damborgson

How is Doomsday going to win if Zeus alters his size and literally stomps him Originally posted by h1a8

Zeus turning into a giant doesn't prove anything. He might get his foot cut up badly if he stepped on DD.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Damborgson

laughing

Has to be a candidate for most retarded post of the year or something, right up their with his whole pinching theory and galaxies are made of fluff comment.

PillarofOsiris
Doomsday would clearly do better against Zeus than Hulk did. To argue otherwise is asinine. But there is no way he's even coming close to beating Zeus either. This thread is completely retarded and I have no idea why it's still open. Even if you were deluded enough to think DD could physically hang with Zeus, BFR is ON. Every other power Zeus has IS ON. DD has zero chance to beat Zeus here. It's beyond spite.

carver9
Doomsday would clearly do better against Zeus than Hulk did. To argue otherwise is asinine. But there is no way he's even coming close to beating Zeus either. This thread is completely retarded and I have no idea why it's still open. Even if you were deluded enough to think DD could physically hang with Zeus, BFR is ON. Every other power Zeus has IS ON. DD has zero chance to beat Zeus here. It's beyond spite.

Savage Hulk is stronger than Doomsday.

Damborgson
laughing

Has to be a candidate for most retarded post of the year or something, right up their with his whole pinching theory and galaxies are made of fluff comment.

I'm starting to save his posts laughing out loud Good stuff.

h1a8
Originally posted by Damborgson

You left out "See how I speculated there." I was trying to show Stoic without proof we have speculation. I wasn't serious obviously.
Leaving out stuff of course makes my posts look retarded. Don't you think?

h1a8

Why is it spite?
What feats does Zeus has that shows he can one shot DD or come close?

If you avoid the question then you are trolling.

h1a8
Savage Hulk is stronger than Doomsday.

No he isn't. Superman is stronger than Savage Hulk.
And any being that can send a claw through Superman like Superman is made of liquid is far stronger than WWH.
DD is more durable than WWH as well and faster and more relentless and has bony protrusions. Strength isn't everything.

Diesldude
Can anyone answer why people think that a taller Zeus is a stronger Zeus? Was Odin stronger when he headbutted galactus ? This is different than the hulk growing after absorbing gamma radiation which likely increases his strength. What has Zeus absorbed that would increase his strength just by growing taller? I am sorry but this doesn't make sense. Regarding no limit fallacy, can zeus increase his strength to infinity? He increased it enough to surpass wwh and then beat him up bad enough to prevent hulk from getting madder to reach Zeus' level. Or is that impossible for the hulk? Or does Zeus also gets stronger like the hulk and always stays ahead?

I guess the "no limit fallacy" can only be used to support your side.

-Pr-

So you're just going to completely ignore the CIS that was in play on Darkseid's end of it all?

Darkseid could use the OE on plenty of people, but he doesn't. You can't just single out Doomsday because he's the one in the thread.

abhilegend
What I find funny is that people only read one issue/scan and decide that they are the expert on the character. Even under pak zeus has some terrible low showings like in Hulk/Hercules:when titans collide a spear from a random giant owned him.

Diesldude
What I find funny is that people only read one issue/scan and decide that they are the expert on the character. Even under pak zeus has some terrible low showings like in Hulk/Hercules:when titans collide a spear from a random giant owned him. I think soic aknowledge that Zeus is class 70 at base and that would all count for this, he amped when he beat up wwh.

carver9
Doomsday doesn't stand a chance against Zeus.

Stoic
So you're just going to completely ignore the CIS that was in play on Darkseid's end of it all?

Darkseid could use the OE on plenty of people, but he doesn't. You can't just single out Doomsday because he's the one in the thread.

Actually that's pretty much what I pointed out. What are you really getting at?

-Pr-
Actually that's pretty much what I pointed out. What are you really getting at?

That you can't do that.

There was CIS in play and that Darkseid had believed he had used sufficient power to put DD down.

DarkSaint85
An argument could be made that with CIS on, Zeus will think he's able to physically go toe to toe, and then fail to amp himself sufficiently.

MAYBE.

CosmicComet
Hewlett Packard Doomsday!!!

Stoic
That you can't do that.

There was CIS in play and that Darkseid had believed he had used sufficient power to put DD down.

OK, and then he found out that he didn't so there was still time for him to use the OE again once he saw Doomsday rise, grunt, and begin to run towards him. Why at that moment didn't he erase him? I think it goes beyond CIS here, and delves more into plot, or Hunter Prey would have never been written. In a forum match up Darkseid would have been Doomsday's first and final stop. There would have been no arm breaks, head stomps, or any of the other things that transpired within the arc.

Thus you can't begin to believe that Zeus would stand there mouth agape, saying uhm.. gee what should I do now, uhm should I ... just stand here, and say things like holy smokes, or impossible, no one could ever... etc...

The entire HP arc went against Darkseid's very character, or should I believe that his enormous ego came into play and caused him to become shocked beyond measure that anyone outside of Superman could take a hit from his concussive OE attack? Look, if you can't understand why I've said what I've said, or see my stance on the entire thing, there's really nothing that I can do here.

-Pr-
OK, and then he found out that he didn't so there was still time for him to use the OE again once he saw Doomsday rise, grunt, and begin to run towards him. Why at that moment didn't he erase him? I think it goes beyond CIS here, and delves more into plot, or Hunter Prey would have never been written. In a forum match up Darkseid would have been Doomsday's first and final stop. There would have been no arm breaks, head stomps, or any of the other things that transpired within the arc.

Thus you can't begin to believe that Zeus would stand there mouth agape, saying uhm.. gee what should I do now, uhm should I ... just stand here, and say things like holy smokes, or impossible, no one could ever... etc...

The entire HP arc went against Darkseid's very character, or should I believe that his enormous ego came into play and caused him to become shocked beyond measure that anyone outside of Superman could take a hit from his concussive OE attack? Look, if you can't understand why I've said what I've said, or see my stance on the entire thing, there's really nothing that I can do here.

Doomsday has super speed.

And Darkseid, like I said, had felt fear due to Doomsday, a feat not many, if any, character has managed. This was blatantly stated as having happened before they met on this occasion.

And no, I'm not saying Zeus would act the same. Just that it's not the equivalent of SvFL.

I do see your stance; I just don't agree with it, because I don't think you're taking everything in to account, tbh.

Stoic
Doomsday has super speed.

And Darkseid, like I said, had felt fear due to Doomsday, a feat not many, if any, character has managed. This was blatantly stated as having happened before they met on this occasion.

And no, I'm not saying Zeus would act the same. Just that it's not the equivalent of SvFL.

I do see your stance; I just don't agree with it, because I don't think you're taking everything in to account, tbh.

Let's get down to it. Superman did not have to take the beating that he took from Doomsday if he fought him like he did with Rex Doomsday when he decided to vibrate past his fists.

Doomsday may have super speed, but the OE would have gotten him before he reached Darkseid.

If Darkseid was that scared, he should have never been on the battle field.

Superman beating Darkseid twice is no low feat until you climb into the Sky Father tier, and then it becomes bush league, when you consider the guys that have given Superman fits.

So what are you supposed believe, or go by? Superman wrecks Darkseid, and then Darkseid comes back and wrecks someone that gives Superman fits, only to read another book of the guy that gives Superman fits lose handily to the guy that Superman wrecks... Wait a sec it gets better. The guy that gives Superman fits but gets wrecked by the guy that Superman wrecked says that Orion is his peer, and yet he casually wrecks him for shits and giggles.

So what we end up with is a massive cluster phuck of epic failing proportions, and I'm sitting back with a friend of mine saying that DC is going to have another crisis series, because they messed up their continuity again. So what do we get? DCnU so that we can begin again.

Back on topic though, Zeus would butt wrangle Doomsday because he has the character to do so, and the power to back it up. Now to end this in a bang, another poster will appear, and state that Doomsday would evolve, and I will sit back and wonder why he didn't evolve past the blast given him by Imperiex, even if Imperiex happens to be more powerful than Zeus, but would Zeus really have to be? probably not, and then the game will begin anew.

Diesldude
^^ I didn't see any of the guys picking Doomsday use evolving past Zeus in their argument. Zeus that raped WWH can't amp himself enough to harm Doomsday. Only option he has is BFR.

carver9
^^ I didn't see any of the guys picking Doomsday use evolving past Zeus in their argument. Zeus that raped WWH can't amp himself enough to harm Doomsday. Only option he has is BFR.

WTF? REALLY...LIKE REALLY?

-Pr-
Let's get down to it. Superman did not have to take the beating that he took from Doomsday if he fought him like he did with Rex Doomsday when he decided to vibrate past his fists.

Doomsday may have super speed, but the OE would have gotten him before he reached Darkseid.

If Darkseid was that scared, he should have never been on the battle field.

Superman beating Darkseid twice is no low feat until you climb into the Sky Father tier, and then it becomes bush league, when you consider the guys that have given Superman fits.

So what are you supposed believe, or go by? Superman wrecks Darkseid, and then Darkseid comes back and wrecks someone that gives Superman fits, only to read another book of the guy that gives Superman fits lose handily to the guy that Superman wrecks... Wait a sec it gets better. The guy that gives Superman fits but gets wrecked by the guy that Superman wrecked says that Orion is his peer, and yet he casually wrecks him for shits and giggles.

So what we end up with is a massive cluster phuck of epic failing proportions, and I'm sitting back with a friend of mine saying that DC is going to have another crisis series, because they messed up their continuity again. So what do we get? DCnU so that we can begin again.

Back on topic though, Zeus would butt wrangle Doomsday because he has the character to do so, and the power to back it up. Now to end this in a bang, another poster will appear, and state that Doomsday would evolve, and I will sit back and wonder why he didn't evolve past the blast given him by Imperiex, even if Imperiex happens to be more powerful than Zeus, but would Zeus really have to be? probably not, and then the game will begin anew.

H/P Doomsday was far more powerful, and by extension far faster, than Rex.

Darkseid couldn't believe Doomsday was standing. That, coupled with his fear, could have easily been the reason why he didn't try to zap him again.

Superman is like Wolverine or Batman; he has plot armour and beats plenty of people he shouldn't. Besides, Darkseid has beaten Superman more than vice versa.

That wasn't why DC did the reboot. confused

WTF? REALLY...LIKE REALLY?

Like looking in a mirror, eh carv?

Nihilist
Doomsday does way better than Hulk did, Zeus still wins though.

Stoic
Not physically. He get's bfr though.
What feats does Zeus has that shows him being able to one shot DD? Also how will Zeus contend with DD's speed and viciousness?

This is silly.
HP DD stomps.
Odin will in order to pool their resources. Their best chance is to BFR DD.
If he doesn't then DD would simply adapt to be more resistant which would make the fight harder to win. DD gets harder as the fight progresses so one must beat him early or he wins.

carver9

Darkseid couldn't believe Doomsday was standing. That, coupled with his fear, could have easily been the reason why he didn't try to zap him again.

Superman is like Wolverine or Batman; he has plot armour and beats plenty of people he shouldn't. Besides, Darkseid has beaten Superman more than vice versa.

Like looking in a mirror, eh carv?

I disagree with a lot in this post...especially the last part.

Stoic

Being insubstantial still means that Doomsday would be unable to hit him, but Superman fought him like he forgot that he could do this.

The OE would have still gotten to him first, it's not as if he didn't see the rubble shift, or that DD tunneled beneath him and took him by surprise, Darkseid actually sees him before he begins his bull rush.

Oh I know that DC wanted to bring Wildstorm into the picture, but they fixed things up as well. If not the New Gods would have remained dead ones.

DarkSaint85
What did you disagree with? You said you disagreed with a lot....

-Pr-
Being insubstantial still means that Doomsday would be unable to hit him, but Superman fought him like he forgot that he could do this.

The OE would have still gotten to him first, it's not as if he didn't see the rubble shift, or that DD tunneled beneath him and took him by surprise, Darkseid actually sees him before he begins his bull rush.

Oh I know that DC wanted to bring Wildstorm into the picture, but they fixed things up as well. If not the New Gods would have remained dead ones.

Doomsday has always been portrayed (bar Rex) as being a physical peer with Superman including speed. And besides, even if you want to argue that Superman is faster, you could use that same argument for dozens of other characters in dozens of other fights. Characters don't always use their powers at their peak... So I dunno.

Yes, and like I said, his fear or disbelief could have delayed his reactions.

They did it to bring in new readers so there'd be a company wide jumping on point. The continuity was fine otherwise, Geoff Johns was seeing to that.

Diesldude
WTF? REALLY...LIKE REALLY? C'mon man I already explained why i feel this way and I think i backed up my stance without lowballing Zeus rather well.

carver9
C'mon man I already explained why i feel this way and I think i backed up my stance without lowballing Zeus rather well.

Doomsday isn't beating Zeus. You are lowballing by saying that.

Diesldude
Doomsday isn't beating Zeus. You are lowballing by saying that. How is that lowballing, me bringing up the hulk getting molested by a snake is lowballing (for the snake). Lowballing is one of the few things you are good at on KMC and you don't even know what it is? Is this why you continue to do it even after PR gets on your case?

spawnwest
BFR or Teleportation is there only option.
Otherwise HP DD destroys them all

the Darkone
Zeus b***h slaps HP DD back to DC universe!

h1a8
^That's bfr which is not allowed here.
HP DD wins in a very impressive fight. Zeus will be in awe at the creature's power and durability and prehaps fear for the first time as well.

PillarofOsiris
^That's bfr which is not allowed here.

Did I miss something in OP?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>