"Puff" the Magic Dragon runs a gauntlet (AvX spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zopzop
"Puff" is full grown and angry (see AvX 10). Fight takes place in a Petco in upstate NY. He's fully healed after each round, how far does he get?

1) Thor
2) the Full Phoenix Force
3) Thanos
4) Odin
5) Galactus
6) Exitar
7) Nekron
8) LT

"Puff's" fights and feats :
Centuries ago, defeated the FULL Phoenix Force when it was on Earth. Even as a child, his fire breath was strong enough to cause Cyclops with 1/2 of the FULL PF severe pain.

I say he stops at 4.

TheGodKiller
His name's Shao Lao . Not "Puff" .

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by zopzop
"Puff" is full grown and angry (see AvX 10). Fight takes place in a Petco in upstate NY. He's fully healed after each round, how far does he get?

1) Thor
2) the Full Phoenix Force
3) Thanos
4) Odin
5) Galactus
6) Exitar
7) Nekron
8) LT

I say he stops at 4.

I haven't seen the comic. How BIG is Puff? If we're talking Midgard Serpent size, and certainly if Puff is the equivalent of the Midgard Serpent of Asgardian legend, then even Odin might get cleared.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
His name's Shao Lao . Not "Puff" .
Yeah, that's terrific. Thanks for that bit of info. Now tell me where you think Puffy stops if he's an adult and going all out (healed fully after each fight).
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
I haven't seen the comic. How BIG is Puff? If we're talking Midgard Serpent size, and certainly if Puff is the equivalent of the Midgard Serpent of Asgardian legend, then even Odin might get cleared.
I don't think size matters when it comes to beings of this level of power. But to tell you the truth, Puffy's full size was never mentioned.

Lek Kuen
Yeah, that's terrific. Thanks for that bit of info. Now tell me where you think Puffy stops if he's an adult and going all out (healed fully after each fight).

I don't think size matters when it comes to beings of this level of power. But to tell you the truth, Puffy's full size was never mentioned.

This mere avatar of Lord Rand is more then enough to handle universal powers. He makes it to LT and decides not to fight another avatar.

zopzop
@Lek Kuen
How would Puffy get pass Odin though? Couldn't Odin use his time manip powers and regress Puffy to a baby then beat him? IMHO, it wouldn't even come to that. Odinforce > Puffyforce.

Golgo13
Stops at 8.

Lek Kuen
@Lek Kuen
How would Puffy get pass Odin though? Couldn't Odin use his time manip powers and regress Puffy to a baby then beat him? IMHO, it wouldn't even come to that. Odinforce > Puffyforce.

The dragons chi exists within all things, it is an endless sea of life with no beginning or end that exists within the center of the one true God; Lord Rand. So it stands to reason that since the baby was born from Rand's divine energy it too would be filled with his sea of power and be immune to the affects of time and simply Fist Odin.

JakeTheBank
Preach on, brother.

bluewaterrider
Can somebody help me out here?

I've actually been away from the X-books for the better part of a decade. For all the comic shops in my area either relocated, stopped carrying Marvel and DC in favor of Indies or role-playing game paraphenelia, or went out of business.

Then, through various forums, I drifted toward DC and stayed there.
Last time I'd actually been able to buy and actual X-Men comic, though:

Jean and Scott were husband and wife.

Emma Frost was headmistress of Generation X (I have no idea how she went from villain to headmistress, but I suppose it's no stranger than Magneto becoming headmaster of Xavier's Academy)

The Phoenix had gone from being Jean, to its own entity, to Jean with ONE empowering being inside her.

Magneto had died.

What in the world HAPPENED??

I don't see Jean anywhere. Like, anywhere.
Scott and EMMA are now apparently married. Generation X seems to have disbanded. Xavier is back and walking around, and apparently possessed of mental power again, though I thought they were somehow removed from him following the Onslaught series. The Phoenix is somehow now FIVE beings? Did it have kids or something?
And Magneto is alive and working with the X-Men once again.

Please somebody, as briefly as possible, how did all of this HAPPEN?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Can somebody help me out here?

I've actually been away from the X-books for the better part of a decade. For all the comic shops in my area either relocated, stopped carrying Marvel and DC in favor of Indies or role-playing game paraphenelia, or went out of business.

Then, through various forums, I drifted toward DC and stayed there.
Last time I'd actually been able to buy and actual X-Men comic, though:

Jean and Scott were husband and wife.

Emma Frost was headmistress of Generation X (I have no idea how she went from villain to headmistress, but I suppose it's no stranger than Magneto becoming headmaster of Xavier's Academy)

The Phoenix had gone from being Jean, to its own entity, to Jean with ONE empowering being inside her.

Magneto had died.

What in the world HAPPENED??

I don't see Jean anywhere. Like, anywhere.
Scott and EMMA are now apparently married. Generation X seems to have disbanded. Xavier is back and walking around, and apparently possessed of mental power again, though I thought they were somehow removed from him following the Onslaught series. The Phoenix is somehow now FIVE beings? Did it have kids or something?
And Magneto is alive and working with the X-Men once again.

Please somebody, as briefly as possible, how did all of this HAPPEN?

This is a thread about a herald of Rand, take your questions where they belong. Which is Pr's pm box stick out tongue

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Stops at 8.
Never gets passed Nekron! Puffy goes through a cycle of life,death, rebirth. He technically dies, so Nekron has a shot of controlling this awesome, universal force slaying power!
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
The dragons chi exists within all things, it is an endless sea of life with no beginning or end that exists within the center of the one true God; Lord Rand. So it stands to reason that since the baby was born from Rand's divine energy it too would be filled with his sea of power and be immune to the affects of time and simply Fist Odin.
Hmm.....

Golgo13
Nekron aint doing shit. The combined might of fire and will would WRECK Nekron. Case closed.

TheGodKiller

Edit : 5 .

janus77
Galactus kebabs the dragon.

I don't understand why people seem to be buying into the idea that the Phoenix Force in AvX, was fully imbued to each of the avatars.

It seems to me that it's more reasonable to assume that, without its chosen host , it just doesn't fully meld (and therefore provide access to the totality of the force).

The Avatars have all been very underwhelming, nothing they've done has been impressive, when you take in to account the fact that they're supposedly amped by "1/5th" of a cosmic force each.

Sentry, Surfer, hell even Cable have better feats of global manipulation and multi-tasking and hero-stomping.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77

I don't understand why people seem to be buying into the idea that the Phoenix Force in AvX, was fully imbued to each of the avatars.

It seems to me that it's more reasonable to assume that, without its chosen host , it just doesn't fully meld (and therefore provide access to the totality of the force).

The Avatars have all been very underwhelming, nothing they've done has been impressive, when you take in to account the fact that they're supposedly amped by "1/5th" of a cosmic force each.

Sentry, Surfer, hell even Cable have better feats of global manipulation and multi-tasking and hero-stomping.

Rachel has better feats, and she's only had a 'sliver'. Which, although ambiguous as to its level, must be less that what Cyclops had.

TheGodKiller

If you're referring to Zop's spoilers , then you should know that Shao Lao's off-panel feat of beating the Phoenix happened a long time ago , according to legend .

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Rachel has better feats, and she's only had a 'sliver'. Which, although ambiguous as to its level, must be less that what Cyclops had.
I think (if Marvel writers try and rationalise AvX later on) they'll come out arguing that the PF was 'using' the 5, and not bonding with them, that it was simply lashing out...

Rachel, Jean Grey etc... they're being that the PF chose and who accepted it. So there's scope to argue that, whatever amount of it they had, it was fully bonded to them.

It also explains why you only need to knock out an avatar for the PF to leave it.

janus77
If you're referring to Zop's spoilers , then you should know that Shao Lao's off-panel feat of beating the Phoenix happened a long time ago , according to legend .
No, that incident is its own little ****up, I'm speaking about the rather weak and unimpressive PF Avatars over the course of this whole AvX arc.

Not once have they looked like they were in possession of an abstract - cosmic - power... Even combined, they don't seem half as formidable as say Thanos.

Chaos Wars, Fear Itself and now this, the hype around the entities grows exponentially in INVERSE relation to the feats of the entities...

Still, AvX doesn't suck as hard as Faeces Itself. That was utterly shit.

TheGodKiller
No, that incident is its own little ****up, I'm speaking about the rather weak and unimpressive PF Avatars over the course of this whole AvX arc.

Not once have they looked like they were in possession of an abstract - cosmic - power... Even combined, they don't seem half as formidable as say Thanos.

Chaos Wars, Fear Itself and now this, the hype around the entities grows exponentially in INVERSE relation to the feats of the entities...

Still, AvX doesn't suck as hard as Faeces Itself. That was utterly shit.
That's more because of the two retards that are writing this piece of drivel .

I do hope though that the PF gets revealed as that mysterious "Life-Force" which granted Wanda her powers . That'll be a real turning point for the Phoenix(power-wise) in this event .

janus77
I think that would just mess things up further. Galactus just needs to come down and eat Earth. Marvel can then do a reboot.

Marvel One ... set inside of Galactus' belly, the digestive acids fighting against the PF.

TheGodKiller
I think that would just mess things up further. Galactus just needs to come down and eat Earth. Marvel can then do a reboot.

Marvel One ... set inside of Galactus' belly, the digestive acids fighting against the PF.
A better idea would be to follow up on the discussion Galactus and Franklin had in FF#16 .

janus77
Don't recall what was discussed... That issue had a lot of silly things going on with the ripple in time, the mad celestials and the whole concept of intervening at a point in time to correct their timeline...

TheGodKiller
Don't recall what was discussed... That issue had a lot of silly things going on with the ripple in time, the mad celestials and the whole concept of intervening at a point in time to correct their timeline...
Actually that issue was released after the Mad Celestials' defeat . Franklin and Galactus discussed the "Heat Death of the Universe" which Hickman has mentioned in multiple issues . They also talked about a possible union(reference to the Earth-X incident in which Franklin becomes Galactus) down the road , although according to Franklin , that's going to happen billions of years later .

janus77
hmm, I guess the whole idea of the next universe being born of Galactus is now definitely being consigned to history by Marvel?

I'll look that issue up, I find the cosmic/universal stuff quite interesting (until some wanker goes and has an ant headbutt Galactus).

The Sorrow
Stops at 2. Slight overreaction to the feat, Cyclops casually one-shotted him aswell.

janus77
It's not so much the feat, as the backstory of puff and his tiff with the phoenix force.

Maybe Puff's related to Fin Fang Foom?

The Sorrow
Wasn't it already established Danny had some sort of connection to the Phoenix through the energy he channels. Is this really that surprising? Marvel seem to be sort of reshuffling the cosmic heirarchy of late.

janus77
It's been coming, it's true, the various vignettes of K'un L'un and its training of disciples to fight the PF ... But it still doesn't stop these stories from ruining past stories. Marvel was great for its attempts at retaining some continuity in the cosmos.

Now the skyfathers are being hyped up, random humans are creating devices to sap the phoenix force and Galactus is contending with headbutts from ants.

It's like buying the Millennium trilogy and finding that the last book is actually a colouring book... tarnishes the whole project and your efforts at reading and remembering the various threads that were placed throughout.

TheGodKiller
hmm, I guess the whole idea of the next universe being born of Galactus is now definitely being consigned to history by Marvel?

I'll look that issue up, I find the cosmic/universal stuff quite interesting (until some wanker goes and has an ant headbutt Galactus).
Galactus and Franklin . From their conversation , the implication was that it would be a shared feat .

srankmissingnin
Doesn't get pasted Thor... hell... doesn't even make Thor bat an eye lid.

Shao Lao gets beat up by humans who know Kung Fu, the fact that he happens to possess a deus ex machina "Anti Phoenix Breath," is of no merit against anyone in this thread... because they aren't the Phoenix.

Galan007
Can someone post scans of said Dragon owning said Phoenix?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
Can someone post scans of said Dragon owning said Phoenix?
I doubt that this counts as ownage , but here's the scan in which K'un L'un's "legend" of Shao Lao's alleged victory over the Phoenix , is mentioned :
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7803/avxzone013.th.jpg

The dragon's ability to hurt Cyclops is still impressive , considering a couple of pages later , Scott basically no-sells Wanda's hex fields(because he has become too strong at this point) .
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9589/avxzone017.th.jpg

Edit : On the next page , Cyclops has the dragon at his mercy . Its Hope who manages to save the dragon , by mimicking(thought she was limited to other mutants ?) the dragon's own fire-breath :
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/56/avxzone014.th.jpg

Galan007
The scan says that particular Dragon=/=the one that allegedly owned Phoenix... So it makes a little more sense that 'clops was able to get the better of it.

This whole event is god awful though.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Galan007
The scan says that particular Dragon=/=the one that allegedly owned Phoenix... So it makes a little more sense that 'clops was able to get the better of it.

This whole event is god awful though.
That was because it was recently reborn . It was too young , to hold its own against even 1/2 of the Phoenix .

Agreed .

TheGodKiller

Edit : On the next page , Cyclops has the dragon at his mercy . Its Hope who manages to save the dragon , by mimicking(thought she was limited to other mutants ?) the dragon's own fire-breath :
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/56/avxzone014.th.jpg
Wrong scan . Here's the actual instance of Hope mimicking the dragon's fire , although it happens immediately after above posted scan :
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9716/avxzone015.th.jpg

the ninjak
A stupid fight.....

Hope achieving the dragon's ability has no bearing on this fight.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by the ninjak
A stupid fight.....

Hope achieving the dragon's ability has no bearing on this fight.
I had posted the wrong scan . My fifteen minutes were up , so I couldn't edit the original post .

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nekron aint doing shit. The combined might of fire and will would WRECK Nekron. Case closed.
This Nekron hate and lowballing is beneath you Prep! mad
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Doesn't get pasted Thor... hell... doesn't even make Thor bat an eye lid.

Shao Lao gets beat up by humans who know Kung Fu, the fact that he happens to possess a deus ex machina "Anti Phoenix Breath," is of no merit against anyone in this thread... because they aren't the Phoenix.
Bro, it OWNED the FULL PF. It has nothing to do with it's "anti-phoenix" breath. Thor has problems with 1/5 of the PF. Adult Puffy OWNED the FULL PF. Puffy is stomping Blondie's @$$.

TheGodKiller

Bro, it OWNED the FULL PF. It has nothing to do with it's "anti-phoenix" breath. Thor has problems with 1/5 of the PF. Adult Puffy OWNED the FULL PF. Puffy is stomping Blondie's @$$.
And a redhead beat the Dragon in New Avengers # 25 , according to Lei Kung's accounts .

Edit : Thor better against the full PF than he did against individual P5 members . However , the Dragon is still not going to stop at 1 , I agree .

srankmissingnin

It has everything to do with an "anti-phoenix" breath... that's the whole point. It's a MacGuffin, it's a deus ex machina plot device. Shao Lao doesn't have the power to fight the Phoenix, merely it has - through the power of terrible story telling mechanics - a power that allows him to hurt the Phoenix in spite of the vast power differential.

Every single Iron Fist has beaten and killed Shao Lao, shoved their hands into his molten heart and claimed his chi. That's Shao Lao's power level. He can't beat skilled Kung Fu fights, never mind Thor. He has a contrived power that works against the Phoenix. Thor is not the Phoenix. Shao Lao's breath will have the same effect on Thor as kryptonite or light from a red sun. None.

Next time you level up put some skill points into reading comprehension.

zopzop
It has everything to do with an "anti-phoenix" breath... that's the whole point. It's a MacGuffin, it's a deus ex machina plot device. Shao Lao doesn't have the power to fight the Phoenix, merely it has - through the power of terrible story telling mechanics - a power that allows him to hurt the Phoenix in spite of the vast power differential.

Every single Iron Fist has beaten and killed Shao Lao, shoved their hands into his molten heart and claimed his chi. That's Shao Lao's power level. He can't beat skilled Kung Fu fights, never mind Thor. He has a contrived power that works against the Phoenix. Thor is not the Phoenix. Shao Lao's breath will have the same effect on Thor as kryptonite or light from a red sun. None.

Next time you level up put some skill points into reading comprehension.
It was never stated that it's breath weapon was how it beat the FULL PF. Young Puffy's breath was powerful enough to hurt Cyclops with 1/2 the FULL PF.

You telling me Thor would be unfazed by Puffy's breath? Proof that it's ONLY PF kryptonite? Otherwise you're full of sh|t.

srankmissingnin
It was never stated that it's breath weapon was how it beat the FULL PF. Young Puffy's breath was powerful enough to hurt Cyclops with 1/2 the FULL PF.

You telling me Thor would be unfazed by Puffy's breath? Proof that it's ONLY PF kryptonite? Otherwise you're full of sh|t.

Go read some Iron Fist comics you witless shmuck. This isn't Shao Laos fist appearances. We've seen him before. We've seen what he is capable of. There is a documented history of Shao Lao the Undying being killed by humans in h2h. How can a dragon that can't beat a human trained in Kung Fu hurt the Phoenix? Put two and two together.

the ninjak
Peeps getting all excited over the dragon's Anti-Phoenix potential powers.

Even though Hope displayed more power than the Dragon itself....which is weird.

TheGodKiller
Peeps getting all excited over the dragon's Anti-Phoenix potential powers.

Even though Hope displayed more power than the Dragon itself....which is weird.
Maybe that's because Hope was utilizing the Dragon's fire + Wanda's Hex fields + her own Phoenix fragment , when she chased off Cyclops ?

TheGodKiller
Srank is right . Shao Lao's most recent defeat at the hands of a Kung Fu fighter appeared in New Avengers # 25 , the same issue in which the coming of the Phoenix was discussed .

I officially change my position . He stops at 1 .

zopzop
Go read some Iron Fist comics you witless shmuck. This isn't Shao Laos fist appearances. We've seen him before. We've seen what he is capable of. There is a documented history of Shao Lao the Undying being killed by humans in h2h. How can a dragon that can't beat a human trained in Kung Fu hurt the Phoenix? Put two and two together.
So you got ZERO proof, nice.

Puffy wrecks Thor like he did the FULL PF.

janus77
Puff gets past Thor by use of the ancient K'un L'un technique of Mjolnir Self-KO.

Then calls in Fing Fang Foom for aid.

Lek Kuen
Srank is right . Shao Lao's most recent defeat at the hands of a Kung Fu fighter appeared in New Avengers # 25 , the same issue in which the coming of the Phoenix was discussed .

I officially change my position . He stops at 1 .
You disappoint me

srankmissingnin
So you got ZERO proof, nice.

Puffy wrecks Thor like he did the FULL PF.

My proof is the entire documented history of Shou Lao... which not surprisingly you are not familiar with.

Go read The Bell Jar, and just let it inspire you.

TheGodKiller
You disappoint me
http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

zopzop
My proof is the entire documented history of Shou Lao... which not surprisingly you are not familiar with.

Go read The Bell Jar, and just let it inspire you.
FAIL.

You got nothing on panel that states the only reason Adult Puffy wtfpwned the FULL PF was "anti PF" breath. You just pulled that sh|t out your @$$. Now you are trying to backtrack. Sorry won't work. Thor isn't no selling Puffy's breath or defeating a being that beat the FULL PF when he can't even handle 1/5 of it.

Adult Puffy wrecks Thor.

the ninjak
Maybe that's because Hope was utilizing the Dragon's fire + Wanda's Hex fields + her own Phoenix fragment , when she chased off Cyclops ?

That is fanboy assumption at its best!

And this xxxx is weird.

TheGodKiller
That is fanboy assumption at its best!

Lek Kuen
FAIL.

You got nothing on panel that states the only reason Adult Puffy wtfpwned the FULL PF was "anti PF" breath. You just pulled that sh|t out your @$$. Now you are trying to backtrack. Sorry won't work. Thor isn't no selling Puffy's breath or defeating a being that beat the FULL PF when he can't even handle 1/5 of it.

Adult Puffy wrecks Thor.
Yeah Zop don't let Srank steer you on the wrong path. He's just trying to further discredit our Lord.

the ninjak

OH F-OFF LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS.

srankmissingnin
FAIL.

Adult Puffy wrecks Thor.

I don't surfer from a debilitating case of fetal alcohol syndrome like yourself, which allows the ability me to use deductive reasoning to deduce what might allow a character who can't beat up human level kung fu fighters, an ability that can hurt an Phoenix caliber opponent. Lets recap. He can't beat humans with martial art training. He can hurt the Phoenix. There is only one option to rectify those two facts. He has contrived deus ex machina anti Phoenix breath.

Also, "Puffy" never "wtfpwned" the Phoenix. The Thunder said there is a legend that Shou Lao beat Phoenix... but that isn't concrete proof of anything, and certainly not indicative of him "owning" the Phoenix.

TheGodKiller
OH F-OFF LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS.

TheGodKiller
I'll say it again : Srank is 100% correct here . There is a "legend" that Shao Lao allegedly beat the Phoenix , which may be supported by his(reborn , younger incarnation's) ability to hurt a much stronger P2 member(one whom even Wanda couldn't affect) .

However , one can't discount the history of the character , throughout which multiple Kung Fu fighters have beaten him to claim the power of Iron Fist , the most recent(not chronologically) of which was depicted in New Avengers # 25 .

With that said , Thor isn't the Phoenix , and if he doesn't have his recent "Worf-Effect" aura on , Shao Lao stops at 1 . Otherwise he stops at 3 .

Lek Kuen
Also what's up with the current Dragon having legs? Thought Shao Lao was cursed/forced to slither? Or was that retconed?

TheGodKiller
Also what's up with the current Dragon having legs? Thought Shao Lao was cursed/forced to slither? Or was that retconed?
Its Bendis and Fraction .

zopzop
I don't surfer from a debilitating case of fetal alcohol syndrome like yourself, which allows the ability me to use deductive reasoning to deduce what might allow a character who can't beat up human level kung fu fighters, an ability that can hurt an Phoenix caliber opponent. Lets recap. He can't beat humans with martial art training. He can hurt the Phoenix. There is only one option to rectify those two facts. He has contrived deus ex machina anti Phoenix breath.

Also, "Puffy" never "wtfpwned" the Phoenix. The Thunder said there is a legend that Shou Lao beat Phoenix... but that isn't concrete proof of anything, and certainly not indicative of him "owning" the Phoenix.
Recapping : You got nothing and just making this up as you go along. I'm still waiting for proof that Puffy's "anti phoenix" breath is the reason why he beat the FP. Hell I'm still waiting for proof Puffy's breath is SPECIFICALLY "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't wreck other beings too.

It was STATED clear as day on panel that Puffy, as an Adult, beat the PF. You don't have to like it but you can't ignore it. An adolescent version of Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF. Thor has had his ass handed to him by 1/5 of the PF, Puffy beat the whole thing. Use "deductive reasoning" and see how Adult Puffy breaks Thor.

srankmissingnin
Recapping : You got nothing and just making this up as you go along. I'm still waiting for proof that Puffy's "anti phoenix" breath is the reason why he beat the FP. Hell I'm still waiting for proof Puffy's breath is SPECIFICALLY "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't wreck other beings too.

It was STATED clear as day on panel that Puffy, as an Adult, beat the PF. You don't have to like it but you can't ignore it. An adolescent version of Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF. Thor has had his ass handed to him by 1/5 of the PF, Puffy beat the whole thing. Use "deductive reasoning" and see how Adult Puffy breaks Thor.

Are you trolling right now, or are you legitimately retarded?

the ninjak
I'll say it again : Srank is 100% correct here . There is a "legend" that Shao Lao allegedly beat the Phoenix , which may be supported by his(reborn , younger incarnation's) ability to hurt a much stronger P2 member(one whom even Wanda couldn't affect) .

However , one can't discount the history of the character , throughout which multiple Kung Fu fighters have beaten him to claim the power of Iron Fist , the most recent(not chronologically) of which was depicted in New Avengers # 25 .

With that said , Thor isn't the Phoenix , and if he doesn't have his recent "Worf-Effect" aura on , Shao Lao stops at 1 . Otherwise he stops at 3 .

So you don't think showing a laughing bean saying "lol wut" as a derogatory remark against those who had a comment against you?

Who cares!

The dragon hurt Scott. The dragon hurt 1/2 of the Phoenix when it was still young.....who cares!!!!!!

You even went as far as saying it makes it's way to round 3....well done.

Who CAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS??????????

A creature with one feat is not worth mocking posters.

zopzop
Are you trolling right now, or are you legitimately retarded?
I want PROOF of what you just stated, that a) Puffy only beat the PF because of his "anti-phoenix" breath and b) that his breath even is "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't be as effective vs other opponents.

You ran your mouth, now back it up. It should be easy since you so smart and I'm a retard.

Lek Kuen
I want PROOF of what you just stated, that a) Puffy only beat the PF because of his "anti-phoenix" breath and b) that his breath even is "anti-phoenix" in nature and wouldn't be as effective vs other opponents.

You ran your mouth, now back it up. It should be easy since you so smart and I'm a retard.
old Man Iron Fist told Rand the dragon has unlimited power! thumb up So your right

srankmissingnin

There is no way you are this stupid. I've provided enough to convince everyone except you and your drug addled brain.

We've seen what Shou Lao is capable off. We've seen his fire breath before... we've seen it used against human level opponents. He has been beaten and killed 66 times by human martial arts, and by sheer happenstance he has an ability that can injure the Phoenix. Use your brain for something other than a paper weight an put two and two together you mongoloid.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79sbpze1h1r3zmc7o1_500.gif

zopzop
There is no way you are this stupid. I've provided enough to convince everyone except you and your drug addled brain.

We've seen what Shou Lao is capable off. We've seen his fire breath before... we've seen it used against human level opponents. He has been beaten and killed 66 times by human martial arts, and by sheer happenstance he has an ability that can injure the Phoenix. Use your brain for something other than a paper weight an put two and two together you mongoloid.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m79sbpze1h1r3zmc7o1_500.gif
Translation : I can't back up my claims so I'm just gonna hurl insults.
Gotcha.
yawn

srankmissingnin
Translation : I can't back up my claims so I'm just gonna hurl insults.
Gotcha.
yawn

It's already been backed up, you just insist in ignoring it and stroking your erection...

TheGodKiller
So you don't think showing a laughing bean saying "lol wut" as a derogatory remark against those who had a comment against you?

Who cares!

The dragon hurt Scott. The dragon hurt 1/2 of the Phoenix when it was still young.....who cares!!!!!!

You even went as far as saying it makes it's way to round 3....well done.

Who CAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRREEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS??????????

A creature with one feat is not worth mocking posters.
Only one poster supposedly had a comment against me , and it was a joking comment .

Seriously dude , calm down . I wasn't mocking anyone . You claimed that I had fanboy opinion , despite the fact that my statement regarding Hope's feat in that issue is 100% backed by on-panel evidence , so I responded in kind .

And I also stated that Shao Lao stops at Round 3 , only if Thor is in Jobber-mode . Did you miss that ?

But still , at the end of the day , when its all said and done , who cares ?

Oh and one more thing :

the ninjak
A one feat being, too weak to defeat its first opponent is in fact...

too lame to warrant a thread battle. Let alone a gauntlet.

zopzop
It's already been backed up, you just insist in ignoring it and stroking your erection...
Your blatant Puffy lowballing is disgusting. whip
Good day to you.

Sundipped

durno
Look who's talking?
Ain't that the pottle calling the kettle black.

Sundipped
And btw....

It wasn't Shao Lao who bested the PF. It was the weilder of his energy (the forces that power Iron Fist) as stated in AvX 6.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12925781_2983093.jpg

No telling how much control this avatar had.
Safe to say that incarnation of IF weilded a substantial amount of power. Waaaaaaay more than this "Puff the dragon" that Zop made this idiotic thread based on

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Sundipped
And btw....

It wasn't Shao Lao who bested the PF. It was the weilder of his energy (the forces that power Iron Fist) as stated in AvX 6.

Safe to say that incarnation of IF weilded a substantial amount of power. Waaaaaaay more than this "Puff the dragon" that Zop made this idiotic thread based on Pretty much the same thing Hope did at the end of the issue (minus Chaos Magic)

Iron Fist > All

zopzop
And btw....

Safe to say that incarnation of IF weilded a substantial amount of power. Waaaaaaay more than this "Puff the dragon" that Zop made this idiotic thread based on
Uhm, how does that disprove what I said? It was Puffy's power that beat the FULL FP! They merely fought through avatars. Thanks for proving my point.

Sundipped
Uhm, how does that disprove what I said? It was Puffy's power that beat the FULL FP! They merely fought through avatars. Thanks for proving my point.

Umm how does that disprove what I said? It's still an idiotic thread. "Puffy" didn't beat shit. It was a full grown dragons power that went a round with an avatar that we have no idea how much power was weilded by it.

zopzop
Umm how does that disprove what I said? It's still an idiotic thread. "Puffy" didn't beat shit. It was a full grown dragons power that went a round with an avatar that we have no idea how much power was weilded by it.
IT WAS PUFFY'S POWER, just wielded by an Avatar, EXACTLY like the PF. Hell a baby Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF badly. "No, NO!"....... laughing

Sundipped
IT WAS PUFFY'S POWER, just wielded by an Avatar, EXACTLY like the PF. Hell a baby Puffy hurt Cyclops with 1/2 of the PF badly. "No, NO!"....... laughing

Hurt???
Scott tanked a blast from Hope and the dragon. Then basically 1 shotted the dragon with only half of the PF.

Fail...try again.

zopzop
Hurt???
Scott tanked a blast from Hope and the dragon. Then basically 1 shotted the dragon with only half of the PF.

Fail...try again.
See this?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930272/AVX-Zone-_013.jpg.html
Him screaming "No........NO!" from the attack of an ADOLESCENT AKA YOUNG Puffy (as stated on panel)!
The only FAIL belongs to the PF. laughing

Sundipped
See this?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/12930272/AVX-Zone-_013.jpg.html
Him screaming "No........NO!" from the attack of an ADOLESCENT AKA YOUNG Puffy (as stated on panel)!
The only FAIL belongs to the PF. laughing

Correction/edit...the blast didn't even hit Scott. No need to even tank it like he did Hopes blast. laughing out loud

Thanks for posting the obvious 1 shot from Scott though. thumb up

Fail again. You going for the hattrick/strikeout? Only 1 more response needed. cool

srankmissingnin
This threads no fun now that it's obvious zopzop is trolling. sad

Sundipped
^
Zop gets all the blame.
He's a party crasher.

Crashed it before it even started by making this doo doo thread.

-K-M-
The page before the dragon hit and hurt Cyclops. Im sure that's what Zop is refering too

zopzop
Correction/edit...the blast didn't even hit Scott. No need to even tank it like he did Hopes blast. laughing out loud

Thanks for posting the obvious 1 shot from Scott though. thumb up

Fail again. You going for the hattrick/strikeout? Only 1 more response needed. cool
You didn't understand what you were reading did you?
Originally posted by -K-M-
The page before the dragon hit and hurt Cyclops. Im sure that's what Zop is refering too
No, I was specifically referencing this page because of the way Cyclops panicked, screaming No....NO! as Puffy was mounting his assault. He feared that dragon and it was only a child!

ColossusGrundy
"Puff the Magic Dragon" is a bit of a drug reference.

He gets everyone high with his smoke breath attack.

They all get the munchies and leave for Subway... he wins by default.

-K-M-
No, I was specifically referencing this page because of the way Cyclops panicked, screaming No....NO! as Puffy was mounting his assault. He feared that dragon and it was only a child!

Oh then yeah I agree with you he was scared, and as noted the dragon wasnt at full power

-K-M-
FYI, Fongyi (basically a version of Hope hundreds of years ago) with the Iron Fist summoned the dragon to fight the Pheonix in New Avengers #27. That's where the legend of the dragon "beating" the Phenoix came from. Basically the Dragom and the Pheonix fought and then Fongyi merged with the Pheonix and left Earth

-K-M-
Oh hell here are the scans

Fongyi vs. the Pheonix
1. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone002.jpg
2. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone003.jpg
3. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone004.jpg
4. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone005.jpg
5. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone006.jpg
6. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone007.jpg
7. http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/Avengers-Zone008.jpg

DarkSaint85
Its Fong Ji, not Fong yi. Think its meant to mean Phoenix. Am assuming its a mistyped transliteration of Feng Ji.

-K-M-
Its Fong Ji, not Fong yi. Think its meant to mean Phoenix. Am assuming its a mistyped transliteration of Feng Ji.

Does it really matter to what I just posted though?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by -K-M-
Does it really matter to what I just posted though?

Not really, but then, I didn't say it did cool

You're posting scans to inform all of us, thanks for that. I was merely informing you as well.

Information is always good.

abhilegend
facepalm @this thread.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm @this thread.
Silence!

You just upset that Puffy would wipe the floor with preReboot Superman! cool

abhilegend
Silence!

You just upset that Puffy would wipe the floor with preReboot Superman! cool Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm @this thread and OP.

zopzop
Silence!

You just upset that Puffy would wipe the floor with preReboot Superman! cool Originally posted by abhilegend
facepalm @this thread.
1eye

abhilegend
Fail.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Fail.
sad

DarkSaint85
sad

Its ok Puffy, we still believe.

CosmicComet
sad

*hug*

feel better?

zopzop
Originally posted by CosmicComet
*hug*

feel better?
jump

abhilegend
sad Its going to be okay.*hugs*

Deadline
Who the **** is puff?

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Deadline
Who the **** is puff?
Its a ridiculous nickname zopzop gave to Shao Lao , the dragon which is the source of Iron Fist's power .

bbrem123
awww Puff is my new favorite character!

CosmicComet
Who would complain about this?

Dragons are awesome.

DarkSaint85
Its a ridiculous nickname zopzop gave to Shao Lao , the dragon which is the source of Iron Fist's power .
Why is it ridiculous?

He looks kinda puffy.

bluewaterrider
Its ok Puffy, we still believe.

I wanna see this guy take on Lockheed ...

ctsketch

You've never heard of Puff the Magic Dragon? What are you.....10?

Sundipped
You didn't understand what you were reading did you?

Yeah I understood perfectly. Hope imitation Shao Lao blast = fail.
Direct Shao Lao blast = fail.
Cyclops optic beam = ko.

My daughter pointed it out for me. laughing out loud

zopzop
Yeah I understood perfectly. Hope imitation Shao Lao blast = fail.
Direct Shao Lao blast = fail.
Cyclops optic beam = ko.

My daughter pointed it out for me. laughing out loud
Of course it failed. It was stated on panel that the dragon was still too young. frusty

But even a young Puffy scared Cyke with 1/2 of the PF! Happy Dance

MF DELPH
Smh...

What happened to you zop?

zopzop
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Smh...

What happened to you zop?
Marvel happened to me.

Chaos War, Fear Itself, and AvX. AvX was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.