Thor vs Wonder Woman in Pure Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No weapons, no energy attacks. Just pure physical brawl. Who wins?

CosmicComet
Thor gets one shotted

srankmissingnin
Equalized speed and Thor rag dolls her, otherwise WW is too fast.

pym-ftw
WW and Thor have full armor and weapons?

Cogito
Wonder Woman. Superior speed and skill, roughly equal strength and durability

PillarofOsiris
WW should win without much of a problem here.

carver9
Someone told me that Wonder Woman is at the minimum 5 times stronger than Thor so if that is true, WW wins. Her strength>>>Kurse.

PillarofOsiris
I'm still waiting for you to find the quote. Until then, reported for lying.

The Sorrow
Actually going with Wonder Woman here, never thought I'd see the day...

Golgo13
Wonder Woman shatters his jaw.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I'm still waiting for you to find the quote. Until then, reported for lying.

Did I even say it was you? Don't act like you don't go in threads always bringing my name up. You do it every day, even when I'm not online.

Scoobless
Wonder Woman is not stronger than Thor, she probably has better speed showings though, but Thor has been shown on occasion to have extremely fast reflexes, countering lightning, laser, psionic, etc attacks after they have been initiated, as well as speedsters and other godly beings.

Speed will not be the issue a lot of people think it will.

CosmicComet
Thor does have super reflexes.

But just having super reflexes isn't good enough. There are tiers to speed.

And Thor is in the hypersonic range. Catching tank shells and reacting to lightning occasionally (lightning on average is only like mach 30 or so).

Which means he's absolutely too slow for Wonder Woman.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wonder Woman is not stronger than Thor, she probably has better speed showings though, but Thor has been shown on occasion to have extremely fast reflexes, countering lightning, laser, psionic, etc attacks after they have been initiated, as well as speedsters and other godly beings.

Speed will not be the issue a lot of people think it will.

Every Thor combat speed feat, can be topped by Batman.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Every Thor combat speed feat, can be topped by Batman.

Well, Thor did swing his hammer twice light speed once like 20 or 30 years ago. That's the best speed feat I've ever seen from him. Wonder Woman is clearly MUCH faster. And despite what some people are saying here, I think she's either equal in strength to Thor, or superior. She's also more durable as well. Her skill is far beyond his also. If Thor had his hammer and could use lightning, he'd win for the majority, but in this fight he's going down.

cdtm
Wonder Woman.

Golgo13
Thor is around Quicksilver level, right?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Golgo13

No.

You're never going to see Thor run from like Texas to the coast of California within seconds.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Golgo13
IIRC the last time they encountered each other QS convincingly outclassed him in sheer speed but Thor punked him by slamming Mjolnir into the ground throwing him off balance.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Someone told me that Wonder Woman is at the minimum 5 times stronger than Thor so if that is true, WW wins. Her strength>>>Kurse. Carver, either produce this quote or stop the trolling. If I see this post, or a similar post, in the reports again then it will be a warning and likely temp ban.

janus77
Anyone think Mjolnir could negate the lasso?

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Actually going with Wonder Woman here, never thought I'd see the day...
You say that like Wonder Woman had a mono-brow or three **** or something, what's wrong with Wondy eh?

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Catching tank shells and reacting to lightning occasionally (lightning on average is only like mach 30 or so).

Really? I keep hearing lightning through around and something way more uber then that

the Darkone
Thor, is more experience, just as skilled better durability and better damage soak ability, she will give him hell, but Thor is her superior.

Damborgson
They have sex

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Damborgson
They have sex This.

ctsketch
Originally posted by Zack Fair
This.

Think of how awesome their babies would be!!!

janus77
Originally posted by ctsketch
Think of how awesome their babies would be!!!
Constantly losing their powers and/or failing like Rhino?

Doesn't DC already have Darksied? confused

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Cogito
Wonder Woman. Superior speed and skill, roughly equal strength and durability

That's quite a "rough" estimate on speed and durability. She def wins in the speed dept...

bluewaterrider
Someone told me that Wonder Woman is at the minimum 5 times stronger than Thor so if that is true, WW wins. Her strength>>>Kurse.

Don't know the history here. Only this year have I begun participating in any KMC discussion or debate thread (as opposed to the often stellar character respect threads on these boards).
People have implied by association that Wonder Woman is at least several thousand times stronger than Thor in other places on this forum.

But it's been many years ago now, so perhaps people have forgotten.

Use "ctrl+f" to locate the phrase "stronger than thor" after clicking the following link, for instance, which I found by simply Googling, in quotes, the phrases "wonder woman" and "stronger than thor" ...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-465018-all-star-superman-vs-thanos.html

srankmissingnin
Well, Thor did swing his hammer twice light speed once like 20 or 30 years ago. That's the best speed feat I've ever seen from him. Wonder Woman is clearly MUCH faster. And despite what some people are saying here, I think she's either equal in strength to Thor, or superior. She's also more durable as well. Her skill is far beyond his also. If Thor had his hammer and could use lightning, he'd win for the majority, but in this fight he's going down.

That's one of the hammer's powers, nothing to do with Thor's speed. The hammer can got FTL, Thor holds the leather thong and it spins around.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by janus77
Anyone think Mjolnir could negate the lasso?

You say that like Wonder Woman had a mono-brow or three **** or something, what's wrong with Wondy eh?
She's a little too... masculine for my tastes. I'm a typical black male, I like them 5'5 with a phat ass. wink

Just never thought I'd see the day I'd favour Wonder Woman over Thor in a slugfest, he once upon time was view as roughly as strong as Superman and had almost legendary damage soak, now not so much.

Damborgson

Just never thought I'd see the day I'd favour Wonder Woman over Thor in a slugfest, he once upon time was view as roughly as strong as Superman and had almost legendary damage soak, now not so much.

He's resisted getting brain damage a lot longer than anyone else in that situation would. That counts for something I think.

JakeTheBank
Thor does have feats of resisting soul/spiritual based attacks, but on the average, I don't think he would fare better against the lasso than people like Ares or Darkseid would.

If it's a slugfest where they trade blows with one another until the other drops, Thor wins. Otherwise, Diana's speed and skill in H2H would close the gap in strength and stamina.

Also lol @ Batman being able to top all of Thor's reaction feats.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Also lol @ Batman being able to top all of Thor's reaction feats. has thor had a good reaction feat in the past decade?

Damborgson
Microseconds baby

Silent Master
Originally posted by Starscream M
has thor had a good reaction feat in the past decade?

Do you think that Batman can top all of Thor's reaction feats?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Silent Master
Do you think that Batman can top all of Thor's reaction feats? I don't know all of thor's reaction feats....I know on average, he is no more impressive than batman though

JakeTheBank
has thor had a good reaction feat in the past decade?

In the past decade? Yes.

Don't think Batman could hit a charging Iron Man in mid flight provided he had the strength/durability to do so. Not without PIS, which seems to basically be a power of his, anyway.

Silent Master
I don't know all of thor's reaction feats....I know on average, he is no more impressive than batman though

Do you know most of Thor's reaction feats?

Starscream M

Don't think Batman could hit a charging Iron Man in mid flight provided he had the strength/durability to do so. Not without PIS, which seems to basically be a power of his, anyway. iron man is a huge target, I'm pretty sure batman doesn't need PIS to tag a charging iron man

Starscream M
Do you know most of Thor's reaction feats? thor's not really known for his quick reaction speed in general

I've seen some feats that were from decades ago, not much recent

JakeTheBank
iron man is a huge target, I'm pretty sure batman doesn't need PIS to tag a charging iron man

Considering Iron Man wasn't holding back (ie. he wanted to try and force Thor to register with the government - lol @ Tony, btw) and had no reason to not fly at Thor at full speed, unless Batman is amped by PIS, he's not going to have the reflexes to hit Iron Man in time before he got bullrushed.

Starscream M
Considering Iron Man wasn't holding back (ie. he wanted to try and force Thor to register with the government - lol @ Tony, btw) and had no reason to not fly at Thor at full speed, unless Batman is amped by PIS, he's not going to have the reflexes to hit Iron Man in time before he got bullrushed. batman can dodge bullets, hitting a speeding iron man is not going to be an issue as iron man is not as fast as a bullet and far larger

jake, is this seriously all thor has got in the past decade as a 'reaction feat'...tagging iron man? lulz

Silent Master
thor's not really known for his quick reaction speed in general

I've seen some feats that were from decades ago, not much recent

IOW, you're basing your opinion on what other people have said, rather than a first hand knowledge of the character and his feats.

Starscream M
IOW, you're basing your opinion on what other people have said, rather than a first hand knowledge of the character and his feats. why don't you produce a damn recent feat instead of wasting space with your pointless drivel?

JakeTheBank
batman can dodge bullets, hitting a speeding iron man is not going to be an issue as iron man is not as fast as a bullet and far larger

jake, is this seriously all thor has got in the past decade as a 'reaction feat'...tagging iron man? lulz

...you have got to be phucking kidding me. Iron Man isn't faster than a bullet? Jesus.

Not at all, but one of the first ones that came to mind. Of course, given your history concerning Thor in general, can't say I'm surprised by your response.

srankmissingnin
batman can dodge bullets, hitting a speeding iron man is not going to be an issue as iron man is not as fast as a bullet and far larger

They are just a bunch of Thorbags grasping at straws. Every top street has equal or better reaction speed and combat speed feats than Thor.

Silent Master
why don't you produce a damn recent feat instead of wasting space with your pointless drivel?

Why do you give opinions on characters that you know nothing about?

Starscream M
...you have got to be phucking kidding me. Iron Man isn't faster than a bullet? Jesus.
he isn't no expression

or else he would be unseeable by human eye

JakeTheBank
They are just a bunch of Thorbags grasping at straws. Every top street has equal or better reaction speed and combat speed feats than Thor.

Troll harder.

JakeTheBank
he isn't no expression

or else he would be unseeable by human eye

Y'know at this point, it would just be easier to call you stupid, but that would probably be mean.

The fact that you think that Iron Man isn't faster than a bullet based on the fact that he can be seen by the readers makes it hard not to, though. Flash is drawn so that we can see him, for Christ's sake.

Starscream M
Why do you give opinions on characters that you know nothing about? I love how you thor fans can't actually produce one recent reaction feat (recent as in past decade), so you attack the person questioning thor's reaction speed. nice tactic.

Damborgson

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/introductions/160872d1343460299-camaro-owner-i-come-peace-joker-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Starscream M
Y'know at this point, it would just be easier to call you stupid, but that would probably be mean.

The fact that you think that Iron Man isn't faster than a bullet based on the fact that he can be seen by the readers makes it hard not to, though. Flash is drawn so that we can see him, for Christ's sake. oh gimme a friggin break, there are artistic cues when someone is moving super-fast. iron man has never been depicted as such. show me a damn scan of him moving faster than bullet speed with evidence.

Silent Master
I love how you thor fans can't actually produce one recent reaction feat (recent as in past decade), so you attack the person questioning thor's reaction speed. nice tactic.

I love how trolls love to talk about characters that they have no knowledge of and then cry like a little baby when people point it out.

-Pr-
Starscream, stop acting like a **** or you're going to get the thread closed and a warning.

JakeTheBank
oh gimme a friggin break, there are artistic cues when someone is moving super-fast. iron man has never been depicted as such. show me a damn scan of him moving faster than bullet speed with evidence.

laughing out loud

You're really serious with this?

Iron Man has flight speed which shits on bullets. He has for decades. And now you want me to hold your hand and point you to comics displaying the painfully obvious?

-Pr-
I can't wait until Blair sees this...

Starscream M
laughing out loud

You're really serious with this?

Iron Man has flight speed which shits on bullets. He has for decades. And now you want me to hold your hand and point you to comics displaying the painfully obvious? he might be able to reach bullet speeds under certain conditions (ie in space, or with proper amount of time to accelerate)...I'm highly doubting that he was anywhere near bullet speed when he charged at thor

ya know, just cuz he might've hit bullet speed at some point, doesn't mean anytime he's in flight he hits bullet speed

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Starscream, stop acting like a **** or you're going to get the thread closed and a warning. Pr, I think you're being unfair. It's the thorcorps who are throwing out unsubstantiated claims and calling names.

-Pr-
Pr, I think you're being unfair. It's the thorcorps who are throwing out unsubstantiated claims and calling names.

No, they aren't. You go in to threads and act on hearsay and your opinion of how things "should" be, rather than actually having read the comics.

Seriously? Iron Man can't fly faster than a bullet? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Damborgson
Pr, I think you're being unfair. It's the thorcorps who are throwing out unsubstantiated claims and calling names.

I'd like a sig that says official Thor Corp member.

But anyways as Jake mentioned it's hard not to call names when the situation frankly does call for it. Ironman isn't faster than a bullet because we can see him.....?

JakeTheBank
he might be able to reach bullet speeds under certain conditions (ie in space, or with proper amount of time to accelerate)...I'm highly doubting that he was anywhere near bullet speed when he charged at thor

ya know, just cuz he might've hit bullet speed at some point, doesn't mean anytime he's in flight he hits bullet speed

facepalm

You're absolutely wrong. Iron Man can and has gone past bullet speed within the atmosphere of Earth multiple times. It's how he can fly across the world when needbe. His acceleration time is ridiculously fast as well. I'd suggest reading Iron Man comics, but what's the point?

And why wouldn't he be using his maximum speed and acceleration against a guy whom he knows outclasses him in virtually every way that matters in a fight? Especially when he wants to force him to register? Makes no sense. At all. Even less sense for you to assume that Batman could perform the same feat if he had the strength to do so.

When Iron Man has no inclination, motive, or logical reason to hold back, there's no reason to assume he's not moving at upwards of his maximum speed.

JakeTheBank

You asked for a feat, I gave you one and now you're acting thickheaded about it.

And if you're going to make claims or point fingers, I'd appreciate it if you used my actual name instead of hiding behind a blanket catch-all moniker for people who disagree with you.

Starscream M
jake, so anytime I see superman charging an enemy I can say he's approaching near light speed now by your logic?

anyways, I'm with srank in that I think any streetleveler could tag a charging iron man. its not that impressive a reaction feat imo.

srankmissingnin
LMAO

How did this become about whether or not Iron Man can fly faster than a bullet? FYI... Ironman can fly many times faster than a bullet.

Still Thor's combat speed feats < top tier streets. That time Namor carved the fish statue is better than anything Thor has ever done in terms of practical application of combat speed. cool

srankmissingnin
jake, so anytime I see superman charging an enemy I can say he's approaching near light speed now by your logic?

Yes, that's how we know Batman is FTL. eek!

JakeTheBank

anyways, I'm with srank in that I think any streetleveler could tag a charging iron man. its not that impressive a reaction feat imo.

Superman =/= Iron Man in terms of how much they hold back, their inclination to go all out and when, and flight speed...and that's just for starters. If you want to make more of an ass out of yourself than normal, sure, make that claim.

You'd be wrong.

Starscream M

And if you're going to make claims or point fingers, I'd appreciate it if you used my actual name instead of hiding behind a blanket catch-all moniker for people who disagree with you. it's too bad that you guys (you, silent master, damborgson, and some others) act like a one brain...celled unit when it comes to thor threads...

JakeTheBank
LMAO

How did this become about whether or not Iron Man can fly faster than a bullet? FYI... Ironman can fly many times faster than a bullet.

Still Thor's combat speed feats < top tier streets. That time Namor carved the fish statue is better than anything Thor has ever done in terms of practical application of combat speed. cool

Because Starscream likes to make himself look like a joke.

Scans of said feat? Or are you trolling/joking around?

Silent Master
it's too bad that you guys (you, silent master, damborgson, and some others) act like a one brain (celled) unit when it comes to thor threads...

Says the guy that feels the need to comment on characters that he has zero knowledge of.

JakeTheBank
Yes, that's how we know Batman is FTL. eek!

Not the same at all and you know it.

Being such a wealth of knowledge of street levelers, you'd also know that Batman has more PIS than any other character in that regard, as well.

-Pr-
Starscream that's a warning.

Srank, I suggest you stop baiting unless you want one too.

Starscream M
No, they aren't. You go in to threads and act on hearsay and your opinion of how things "should" be, rather than actually having read the comics.

Seriously? Iron Man can't fly faster than a bullet? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? what's iron man's top speed?

Damborgson
it's too bad that you guys (you, silent master, damborgson, and some others) act like a one brain...celled unit when it comes to thor threads...

Lol? I'm gonna stop talking to you before you might think you're people.

Mindset

Seriously? Iron Man can't fly faster than a bullet? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds? laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
it's too bad that you guys (you, silent master, damborgson, and some others) act like a one brain...celled unit when it comes to thor threads...

Well, if you cared to actually read Thor comics instead of come in with your misconceptions and get butthurt when proved wrong or showed off as being silly, you probably wouldn't feel that way.

Being perfectly honest, how many times have you entered a Thor thread making a wild claim, only to be proved wrong? Like that time you said Thor's power over the weather is limited to natural scope or that Thor couldn't summon rain to stop Hulk?

JakeTheBank
what's iron man's top speed?

High end super sonic at least. I think you could make an argument for sub-luminal speeds depending on the armor.

Mindset
what's iron man's top speed? Slower than bullets.

Starscream M
Well, if you cared to actually read Thor comics instead of come in with your misconceptions and get butthurt when proved wrong or showed off as being silly, you probably wouldn't feel that way.

Being perfectly honest, how many times have you entered a Thor thread making a wild claim, only to be proved wrong? Like that time you said Thor's power over the weather is limited to natural scope or that Thor couldn't summon rain to stop Hulk? hmmm, I seem to have been right about hulk being more powerful to thor...an argument I've had with you and rage countless times, which marvel has supported my side in recent times

don't get me started on hulk-stopping rain pls (a one time PIS bull-faeces event doesn't count, you should know better )

does thor have the ability to fart rainbows that can also push juggernaut back too?

Starscream M
High end super sonic at least. I think you could make an argument for sub-luminal speeds depending on the armor. there shouldn't be an argument, his speed should be objective and quantifiable, not open to interpretation. I'm curious what his fastest stated speed is on panel. I'll ask blair next time he's around.

srankmissingnin
Because Starscream likes to make himself look like a joke.

Scans of said feat? Or are you trolling/joking around?

I can't find it - I remember DarkCrawlers' Namor respect thread being better - but essentially Namor carves a big, intricate fish statue out of a block of granite with his bare hands in one or two panels.

JakeTheBank
hmmm, I seem to have been right about hulk being more powerful to thor...an argument I've had with you and rage countless times, which marvel has supported my side in recent times

don't get me started on hulk-stopping rain pls (a one time PIS bull-faeces event doesn't count, you should know better )

does thor have the ability to fart rainbows that can also push juggernaut back too?

My God, your butthurt knows no bounds.

I've never said that Hulk wasn't stronger than Thor. In terms of actual power output, though, I don't see how anyone could argue that Hulk is more powerful than Thor, especially when you look at the people Hulk fights and the people Thor fights. Pretty obvious that Marvel considers Hulk stronger and Thor more powerful.

Thor's rain =/= normal rain. That's the part you won't - or can't - comprehend. You not liking it doesn't change the fact that Thor's control over the weather goes well beyond the realm of what's natural for planet Earth. You denouncing it as PIS doesn't make it so.

Seriously, Bruce, take your butthurt and go home and be a family man.

JakeTheBank
I can't find it - I remember DarkCrawlers' Namor respect thread being better - but essentially Namor carves a big, intricate fish statue out of a block of granite with his bare hands in one or two panels.

Fair enough. Panels in themselves are sketchy in terms of time passage (the scene of Iron Man going to space in a few panels was being used as lightspeed, and there's no real way to quantify that as truth, imo). Sounds impressive, though, if the writer/artists intent was that it happened in seconds or so.

In any case, you and I aren't going to agree on this topic, which is fine. But you're not being a total asshat about it, so there's that.

srankmissingnin
Starscream that's a warning.

Srank, I suggest you stop baiting unless you want one too.

Baiting?

This is a Thor thread. The issue of his speed is relevant to the discussion. I don't think Thor's speed feats put him above street level (and I'm right). The fact that I can say this and that it can't be immediately kiboshed by Thor's strongest supports should vindicates my stance. It's easy to post scans and it would only take a handful, and I've been saying the same thing for years now, and it's gone to length scan wars more than once without a single person being able to definitively prove that Thor has greater than street reflexes.

Get real.

-Pr-
Baiting?

This is a Thor thread. The issue of his speed is relevant to the discussion. I don't think Thor's speed feats put him above street level (and I'm right). The fact that I can say this and that it can't be immediately kiboshed by Thor's strongest supports should vindicates my stance. It's easy to post scans and it would only take a handful, and I've been saying the same thing for years now, and it's gone to length scan wars more than once without a single person being able to definitively prove that Thor has greater than street reflexes.

Get real.

I've asked you once already.

JakeTheBank
Baiting?

Get real.

Pretty sure your stance isn't what's baiting, but rather the "Thorbags grasping at straws" comment.

srankmissingnin
Fair enough. Panels in themselves are sketchy in terms of time passage (the scene of Iron Man going to space in a few panels was being used as lightspeed, and there's no real way to quantify that as truth, imo). Sounds impressive, though, if the writer/artists intent was that it happened in seconds or so.

In any case, you and I aren't going to agree on this topic, which is fine. But you're not being an asshat about it, so there's that.

Well, if its the same seen I'm thinking about Iron Man was out near Jupiter in just a couple of panels wasn't he? The time frame is ambiguous but we can safely assume it was under 35 minutes, which would be ftl.

JakeTheBank
Well, if its the same seen I'm thinking about Iron Man was out near Jupiter in just a couple of panels wasn't he? The time frame is ambiguous but we can safely assume it was under 35 minutes, which would be ftl.

Wouldn't know off the top of my head, tbh. It's ambiguous enough for my tastes to prevent me from immeadiately declaring Tony is capable of lightspeed within moments in the atmosphere, which is something I've never seen.

Silent Master
High end super sonic at least. I think you could make an argument for sub-luminal speeds depending on the armor.

Here is Iron-man going Mach 8.7

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/iron%20man/Invincible20Iron20Man200920page2015.jpg

I guess Starscream M thinks bullets travel Mach 9 or above.

JakeTheBank
For the record, Starscream, and I actually mean this with your best interests at heart, you wouldn't nearly get as much shit thrown in your face if you at least had the decency and common sense to just admit "I don't know" when it comes to some of the issues which come up about comic books.

Or you could keep doing what you're doing.

Starscream M
For the record, Starscream, and I actually mean this with your best interests at heart, you wouldn't nearly get as much shit thrown in your face if you at least had the decency and common sense to just admit "I don't know" when it comes to some of the issues which come up about comic books.

Or you could keep doing what you're doing. don't you dare patronize me, you pompous sanctimonious bag of bloviating gas!

I said right off the bat that I wasn't aware of all of thor's reaction feats and simply asked for some examples of recent ones...you can go back and check my comments

srankmissingnin
Wouldn't know off the top of my head, tbh. It's ambiguous enough for my tastes to prevent me from immeadiately declaring Tony is capable of lightspeed within moments in the atmosphere, which is something I've never seen.

Doubt he could do it on earth, his on board computer wouldn't be fast enough to navigate... he'd just crash into shit. In space he can just go balls to the wall over.

Mindset
Here is Iron-man going Mach 8.7

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Ironboy/iron%20man/Invincible20Iron20Man200920page2015.jpg

I guess Starscream M thinks bullets travel Mach 9 or above. Typo.

JakeTheBank
don't you dare patronize me, you pompous sanctimonious bag of bloviating gas!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-75kQyEpEdFc/UB7Ic1LBfaI/AAAAAAAACIs/YUMSKeHUptc/s1600/tom-cruise-laughing.gif

Point = missed

Mindset
Jake is pretty sanctimonious.

Always lecturing me about not raping and shit.

Silent Master
don't you dare patronize me, you pompous sanctimonious bag of bloviating gas!

I said right off the bat that I wasn't aware of all of thor's reaction feats and simply asked for some examples of recent ones...you can go back and check my comments

Your lack of knowledge in regards to Thor didn't stop you from claiming that his reaction feats weren't any better than Batman's.

I don't know all of thor's reaction feats....I know on average, he is no more impressive than batman though

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Jake is pretty sanctimonious.

Always lecturing me about not raping and shit.

I prefer to think of it as pointing your raping in the right direction. Think of me as your rape coach at Penn State.

....wait

Mindset
laughing out loud

roughrider

Everytime Thor has fought Gladiator, he is fighting a Pre-Crisis analogue of Superman who never got depowered, and look how well he does against him.

I give Thor a slight edge over Diana in a normal matchup; pure h2h slugfest, I'd say Diana has more than even odds.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by roughrider
Everytime Thor has fought Gladiator, he is fighting a Pre-Crisis analogue of Superman who never got depowered, and look how well he does against him.

I give Thor a slight edge over Diana in a normal matchup; pure h2h slugfest, I'd say Diana has more than even odds.

Be quite or Carter will hear you!

JakeTheBank

How is Gladiator a Pre-Crisis analogue of Superman? Inspired by him (as are the rest of the Shiar Guard inspired by the Legion of Superheroes), but in terms of power and formidability, he's not Pre-Crisis level. Debatable that he's even post-crisis Superman level overall.

roughrider
How is Gladiator a Pre-Crisis analogue of Superman? Inspired by him (as are the rest of the Shiar Guard inspired by the Legion of Superheroes), but in terms of power and formidability, he's not Pre-Crisis level. Debatable that he's even post-crisis Superman level overall.

He was created in the late 70's as part of a deliberate analogue team of The Legion Of Super Heroes in X-Men. He is as much a copy of Superman as Hyperion, with the same powers and power level Supes himself had at that time, which is pre-crisis level. He has planet moving feats.

abhilegend
He was created in the late 70's as part of a deliberate analogue team of The Legion Of Super Heroes in X-Men. He is as much a copy of Superman as Hyperion, with the same powers and power level Supes himself had at that time, which is pre-crisis level. He has planet moving feats.
Gladiator is weaker than post crisis superman let alone pre crisis superman.

carver9

This.

abhilegend
This.
Sorry to disappoint you carver but only John byrne wrote him with any resembelence to pre crisis power level. Before he revised the character he was just a background character whose best strength feat was stalemating colossus in a slugfest.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sorry to disappoint you carver but only John byrne wrote him with any resembelence to pre crisis power level. Before he revised the character he was just a background character whose best strength feat was stalemating colossus in a slugfest.

Off of pure fts minus speculation, no one really has fts comparable to Gladiator. Gladiator has some of the best fts out of any Herald imo.

PillarofOsiris
Everytime Thor has fought Gladiator, he is fighting a Pre-Crisis analogue of Superman who never got depowered, and look how well he does against him..

laughing

PillarofOsiris

Yeah, and post crisis Superman has moved planets. The "planet" Gladiator moved didn't really look that large either. And if you think anyone who can move a planet is equal to PC Superman, you really have no clue what PC Superman's power levels were.

Sixth_Winged
I'm going for WW for the slight majority since i don't think she punches as fast as superman but her reflexes and mobility would be quite an advantage. It would be quite prolonged though as Thor does seem quite durable and quite possibly stronger than Diana.

Possible perhaps, the mere though of losing to a woman might drive Thor nuts and succumb to warrior madness which upon he will utterly stomps her.

cdtm
Yeah, and post crisis Superman has moved planets.

When has he done this on his own, and without context?

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
When has he done this on his own, and without context?

Doesn't matter in those feats (assisted or not) he exerted a force over 50 Earth weights. This is like lifting a weight heavier than 50 Earths stacked.

Remember it's not that you move a planet but how fast you move it and against what force you move it. Superman (with help or not) accelerated Earth at great speeds against Starbreaker's pull and the Sun's pull.

cdtm

Funny how Byrne's most known for writing a weak Superman, and wrote a pretty weak Namor, yet trumped up third tier character Gladiator...

keiththegreat
Also, when Superman had help moving a planet, there was an opposing force acting against them, so it was probably well beyond planet moving.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Also, when Superman had help moving a planet, there was an opposing force acting against them, so it was probably well beyond planet moving.
Does that feat count even though it was intended to be pre-crisis? Either way Superman and Hal were losing ground until the rest of the JLA took down Starbreaker. Don't really see how you could say Supes showed "well beyond" planet moving strength in that instance.

abhilegend
Does that feat count even though it was intended to be pre-crisis? Either way Superman and Hal were losing ground until the rest of the JLA took down Starbreaker. Don't really see how you could say Supes showed "well beyond" planet moving strength in that instance.
It was intended to be byrne superman. He was the only one pulling and a skyfather level being was pushing it who was growing stronger at every moment. Its beyond planet moving. Gladiator hasn't moved any planet to my knowledge, he just broke one with a few punches.

Diesldude
It was intended to be byrne superman. He was the only one pulling and a skyfather level being was pushing it who was growing stronger at every moment. Its beyond planet moving. Gladiator hasn't moved any planet to my knowledge, he just broke one with a few punches. Wait, are you saying that a sky father level being was using his sky father level powers to perform a physical task, i.e Pushing the planet against superman's pull? Shouldn't skyfather level beings when amping their strength be far and above herald characters like Superman? Then how was superman able to counter this and not have his arms ripped off?

JakeTheBank
Unless...Superman is...a skyfather?!

Delta1938

pffft Gladiator wishes he were Pre-FLASHPOINT Superman, let alone Pre-CRISIS.

cdtm
He was the only one pulling

Pulling on Hal's construct.

Which could, in turn, be moved by Hal.

So it may have been a duel effort.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Diesldude
Wait, are you saying that a sky father level being was using his sky father level powers to perform a physical task, i.e Pushing the planet against superman's pull? Shouldn't skyfather level beings when amping their strength be far and above herald characters like Superman? Then how was superman able to counter this and not have his arms ripped off?
Starbreaker is an evolved sun eater which is his larvae form. He casually tosses novas, pushes planets in sun, absorb entire suns etc. He is easily a skyfather level being. He was using his power to push earth in sun. Superman is just that much strong. Keep in mind that was intended to be byrne superman.

NemeBro
lightning on average is only like mach 30 or so) No it isn't. On average it's 60,000 meters per second, aka mach 175.

I don't give a shit about anything else in this thread, but that was so blatantly wrong it needed addressing.

abhilegend

Hal specifically said "pull harder" to superman and superman was the only one who felt that starbreaker was getting more powerful, hal was astounded why they were losing ground. Not to mention hal wasn't shown in position to pull at all like kyle when they moved moon. He was having his hand full getting his construct remain in one piece which was cracking under pressure. Not that it would make you stop speculating how hal was the one who did most of the work.

Diesldude

So it may have been a duel effort. i think Hal was helping him by holding the planet from ripping apart and giving something for superman to hold. Crazy feat in itself for Hal because the construct was able to keep the planet from tearing apart and that it was durable enough not to shatter while superman was using it to lug the planet.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by NemeBro
No it isn't. On average it's 60,000 meters per second, aka mach 175.

I don't give a shit about anything else in this thread, but that was so blatantly wrong it needed addressing.

That was a typo, motherphucker.

I meant mach 300. Missing one zero, derp. And said so in a different thread right after this.

Diesldude
Unless...Superman is...a skyfather?! Not my words, but I've always stated that these waters are murky in DCU. Unlike in Marvel, a herald probably wouldn't even be able to budge a sky father's arm against his wish, it's not the same way in DC, unless I guess superman is involved

Mindset
Yea, DC skyfathers are pretty weaksauce.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cogito
Wonder Woman. Superior speed and skill, roughly equal strength and durability DCnU

Diesldude
That was a typo, motherphucker.

I meant mach 300. Missing one zero, derp. And said so in a different thread right after this.

EAwWPadFsOA

The Sorrow
It was intended to be byrne superman. He was the only one pulling and a skyfather level being was pushing it who was growing stronger at every moment. Its beyond planet moving. Gladiator hasn't moved any planet to my knowledge, he just broke one with a few punches.
When was it stated to be Byrne Superman? It was based on a Wein's JLA he wrote in the 70's, hell the line-up and cheesy dialogue alone should tell you it was pre-crisis.
They were losing ground until Starbreaker was beaten. Again, I don't see how you can call it beyond planet moving when they were failing at holding the Earth in place and it was a shared feat.

Gladiator has moved objects that blocked star lanes, and is stated to be a planet mover pretty much everytime he makes an appearance in a major event. Not that it means an awful lot when comparing him to the elite heralds who can handle that kind of power though.

carver9

It was stated in the comic as being a shared ft. Hell, Superman even said "we have to pull harder". Can't get any clearer than this. Abhi is making up stuff again.

aztec
Diana for the win. She's traded blows with Superman, a Doomsday Clone, Genocide, Etrigan, schooled both Supergirl and Powergirl, held her own against Amazo who had the combine strength of Superman, The Martian and herselves, speedblitzed the General alonside Superman. The fight will be over before you know it. She'll tear apart Goldlocks. wink

-Pr-
It was stated in the comic as being a shared ft. Hell, Superman even said "we have to pull harder". Can't get any clearer than this. Abhi is making up stuff again.

Takes one to know one, I suppose.

======

Imo, Thor probably wins. Diana is faster and arguably more skilled, but Thor has a strength and durability advantage that I don't think can be ignored.

the Darkone
Thor has trade blows with Classic Juggernaut, Mangog, Kurse, Durok, Beta Ray Bill etc won some and lost some, Thor has experience, durability, damage soak ability, skilled warrior himself. This Thor type of fight, not Wonder Woman's, she's good don't get me wrong Wonder Woman will put a great fight, slug fest is not her strong point IMO.

Classic NES
Why would speed matter if this is a slugfest? confused

cdtm
Originally posted by Classic NES
Why would speed matter if this is a slugfest?

Yeah, speed's never matter in a fight! Just ask Ali. wink

abhilegend
You don't know what are you talking about. I've already pwned you on this, don't make me do that again.

Damborgson

Imo, Thor probably wins. Diana is faster and arguably more skilled, but Thor has a strength and durability advantage that I don't think can be ignored.

thumb up

quanchi112
Thor. Diana's not on his level.

roughrider
Yeah, and post crisis Superman has moved planets. The "planet" Gladiator moved didn't really look that large either. And if you think anyone who can move a planet is equal to PC Superman, you really have no clue what PC Superman's power levels were.

How can the planets ever really look large? Just think about how much an artist cheats to make this feat happen on the page. Superman would be a microscopic pinprick on the side of said planet (imagine him upside down in the middle of an intersection, telling everyone to move back because he's pushing the planet, thank you very much) - that is what it would really look like. But the limitations of a comics page shows the planet as looking like it could only fill a tall warehouse, because we have to see him on the side of it. Or think to the Celestials during The Infinity Gauntlet, directing whole planets to launch at Thanos with the IG; they were made to look like large beachballs as they tossed them the Titan's way. Large planets, small planets - you can't tell that at all.

And again - he was created to be Superman in another universe; that's why he gets called an analogue character (along with Hyperion, Supreme, Majestic etc.) becasue he is a deliberate photocopy of him and what his powerlevels were at that time. If DC was doing anything right with Superman in the late 1970's/early 1980's it's that they stopped ever bringing up the silly powers like super knitting and mathematics, and feats like a sneeze that destroys a (conveniently uninhabited) solar system. But still a massively powerful character who nonetheless got matched in strength by lots of non-flying characters - Mongul, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy - none of whom ever flew and seemingly moved a planet.

Classic NES
Yeah, speed's never matter in a fight! Just ask Ali. wink

There's no dodging in a pure slugfest. It's suppose to be two characters taking turns punching each other until one is floored.

cdtm
Originally posted by Classic NES
There's no dodging in a pure slugfest. It's suppose to be two characters taking turns punching each other until one is floored.

Since when? o_o

"Id"
Thor is no Majestic or Lobo therefore he losses.

Classic NES
Since when? o_o

Since always.

All comic versus in multiple forums: CBR, herochat, kmc and so fourth have the same default rules. With the exception that herochat default is always CIS on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.