PG Thor vs PG Champion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Fight is to KO/Death, they each have a PG somehow. Who wins?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5564/thor47013iq8.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33013/987832-613508_thn_super_super.jpg

The Sorrow
Champion should win.

Nihilist
Stalemate.

janus77
without CIS/PIS Champion wins. Otherwise stalemate.

snowdragon
Man the way Champion's powers are described you would think he's leet but really everything points to him being a total chump, makes me sad.

I give it to Thor just based on how terrible Champion is generally presented.

Endless Mike
Thor

Diesldude
Thor

Damborgson
^^ You two sound like good folk to me.

Endless Mike
Thor was more impressive in Blood and Thunder than anything I have seen Champion do. Besides he said he could never even get the PG to work for him in the first place.

DarkSaint85
Thor should win.

PG protects you from physical attacks, right? So Thor should be immune to anything Champion dishes out.

Same can't be said for vice-versa.

Black bolt z
Based on feats, Thor

Based on what they should be, Champion.

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Based on feats, Thor

Based on what they should be, Champion.
thumb up

JakeTheBank
Thor.

quanchi112
Thor.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Damborgson
^^ You two sound like good folk to me. I call em like I see em. smile

Galan007
Champion.

...Unless Thor preformed a feat comparable to destroying a planet..?

abhilegend
Champion wins.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Galan007
Champion.

...Unless Thor preformed a feat comparable to destroying a planet..?

He has way better feats than that even without the power gem...

celeyhyga17
Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He has way better feats than that even without the power gem... Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was mainly referring to who appeared to tap the gem's potential better-- and in that regard Champion was >, as he used the gem's power to destroy a planet. Thor, on the other hand, didn't do much of note with it aside from battling Thanos.

But even with all of Thor's feats taken into consideration, how is he winning? OP says fight is to the KO/death, so I'm assuming BFR isn't allowed...

Ambient
Hey Galan, when did he destroy a planet with the gem? I remember he once did it with the mystic wrist band upgrade but I don't recall one with the gem..

Anyhow in a fight I'll put my money on Thor.

Galan007
Champion physically destroyed a planet with the aid of the power gem in Thanos Quest #1.

Ambient
Ah ok.

Thanks..

roughrider
H2H, Champion is supposed to be the greatest brick in the universe, especially with a power gem. But give Thor one as well, plus mjolnir (whcih Champion has forbidden use of when he sets the rules for his own fights) - it should be Thor.

quanchi112
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I was mainly referring to who appeared to tap the gem's potential better-- and in that regard Champion was >, as he used the gem's power to destroy a planet. Thor, on the other hand, didn't do much of note with it aside from battling Thanos.

But even with all of Thor's feats taken into consideration, how is he winning? OP says fight is to the KO/death, so I'm assuming BFR isn't allowed... Are you kidding me ? Champion was an absolute joke with the power gem and destroying a planet is something Gladiator can do so to suggest destroying a planet can get the better of Thor with a power gem is ridiculous.

Galan007
Champion was not a joke with the gem in the slightest. That notion is laughable to say the least.

Champ preformed far more impressive feats with the gem then Thor did. That is all I'm saying.

quanchi112
Champion was not a joke with the gem in the slightest. That notion is laughable to say the least.

Champ preformed far more impressive feats with the gem then Thor did. That is all I'm saying. Thor resisted Warlock, Strange, and the Infinity Watch and sonned them like a b rate team. That's far better than Thanos clearly goading him into using the power necessary to destroy a planet. The only reason it was destroyed was because Thanos set him up for it.

Thor was on another level than Champion. Thor's skills and powers are more formidable than Champion's to boot.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor resisted Warlock, Strange, and the Infinity Watch and sonned them like a b rate team. That's far better than Thanos clearly goading him into using the power necessary to destroy a planet. The only reason it was destroyed was because Thanos set him up for it.

Thor was on another level than Champion. Thor's skills and powers are more formidable than Champion's to boot. Champ /w/ the gem trounced Surfer, Warlock, Bill, and Gladiator-- trounced them so badly that they were forced to recuperate in a friggin' medical ward after said beating. Champ also soaked everything Thanos threw at him(he literally walked through Thanos' energy blasts) before destroying the planet they were on... Without sustaining so much as a scratch in the process.

I have no problem with a stalemate here, but sans BFR, there is no way Thor is winning.

quanchi112
Champ /w/ the gem trounced Surfer, Warlock, Bill, and Gladiator-- trounced them so badly that they were forced to recuperate in a friggin' medical ward after said beating. Champ also soaked everything Thanos threw at him(he literally walked through Thanos' energy blasts) before destroying the planet they were on... Without sustaining so much as a scratch in the process.

I have no problem with a stalemate here, but sans BFR, there is no way Thor is winning. So you admit Thor beat better than who Champion beat. The only reason they didn't end up dead is because they teleported him to Thanos. Surfer and Warlock were beat by him before he even got the power gem.

Thor wasn't hurt against Thanos either because that is what the power gem does. Thor took on superior and defeated a superior team. Thor's abilities are superior as well.

Thor also beat the power gem out of Drax. Thor wrecks him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly think the key here is which side you fall on...

Some people Champion has overall better fighting skill and is stronger (hence the destroying the planet with ease) taking Thanos shots with ease.. While thor was still thrown around.

Or

It seems through narration that Thor was ACTUALLY able to tap the gem and utilize it better than champion did. Narratino made it clear he was growing in power more and more.. Champion wasn't tapping the gem like Thor was so eventually Thor would win...

Galan007
Thor wrecks him. How?

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Narratino made it clear he was growing in power more and more. The exact same narratino was made about Champ.

DarkOdin
I give the edge to Thor, When THor had the power gem he was going insane and still tapping into the gems power very well, I can see a clear minded Thor tapping further into the gem then he did before..

quanchi112
How?

The exact same narratino was made about Champ. Takes the power gem away from him.

Galan007
How?

quanchi112
How? Physically takes it away.

Galan007
You are suggesting that Thor /w/ gem is physically more powerful than Champ /w/ gem? Feats would suggest otherwise.

They both busted through Thanos' shields(though I'm pretty sure Thor didn't walk through any attacks as easily as Champ did.)
They both trounced multiple heralds.
They both busted a planet via physical means... Oh wait, only Champ did that.

mmm

roughrider
I have no trouble seeing stalemate here as well. I gave Thor an edge simply because of mjolnir, and power gem Champion was beaten straight up by Silver Surfer in Silver Surfer #1 (1987)

Galan007
^ Did he have the PG there? I don't remember seeing it.

If so it wouldn't make sense considering how effortlessly he tanked everything Thanos threw his way(blasts included.)

quanchi112
You are suggesting that Thor /w/ gem is physically more powerful than Champ /w/ gem? Feats would suggest otherwise.

They both busted through Thanos' shields(though I'm pretty sure Thor didn't walk through any attacks as easily as Champ did.)

mmm Thor was more impressive and beat better teams. Thor has more abilities. Thor is the better fighter. Thor already beat a pg Drax. Thor would beat Champion as well.

Galan007
Thor was more impressive and beat better teams. Thor has more abilities. Thor is the better fighter. Thor already beat a pg Drax. Thor would beat Champion as well. PG Drax was lulz-worthy.

Regardless, Champ still has the better gem-feat: planet-busting.

Nihilist
Lulz as if one feat wins it. That attack wouldn't put Thor down and Thor tanked a double handed blast what went champ flying the first time.

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
Lulz as if one feat wins it. That attack wouldn't put Thor down and Thor tanked a double handed blast what went champ flying the first time. You are very quick to pop into thread and make snide comments. When you do, at least have your facts straight.

Not only was Thor blasted back by Thanos, but he looked to be in pain as well:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12971974_1.jpg

Same can be said about Champ. However, he got right back up and walked through(literally) Thanos' subsequent blast:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12971977_2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12971981_3.jpg
Not saying Thor couldn't have done the same, he just... Never did. Champion did, though.

Furthermore, Champ has more than just "one feat" under his belt.

He went on to destroy that very planet:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972023_6.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972025_7.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972026_8.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972027_9.jpg

And he also beat the phuck out of the finest heralds out there:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972021_4.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972022_5.jpg
Surfer, Warlock, Drax, Gladiator, and Bill.

The best feat Thor has with the gem is beating a few heralds, and fighting Thanos. That's why I said that Champ's gem-feats are more impressive. Regardless, I still see no way Thor can win here. Stalemate, imo.

KuRuPT Thanosi

mmm

Also keep in mind Thanos' shields vary in power. To me, the one he had for the Thor encounter was just some run of the mill one.. When he knows he going to be facing strong foes.. he brings the big boys... Omega, Galactus and CHampion come to mind. So I think Champion busting that Thanos shield was more impressive and he did take Thanos' attacks better than Thor.

Also, when did the narration say Champ was tapping into the gem.. not just subconciously without realizing it.. but actually tapping into it. Champion had the gem for a very long time and wasn't growing in power the way Thor was... Narration said Thor would be a threat to it and the universe if he was let to continue growing in power with it. I don't recall champion growing at that level.. nor any narration that he was a threat to the universe.. Could be wrong though...

Galan007
Also keep in mind Thanos' shields vary in power. To me, the one he had for the Thor encounter was just some run of the mill one.. When he knows he going to be facing strong foes.. he brings the big boys... Omega, Galactus and CHampion come to mind. So I think Champion busting that Thanos shield was more impressive and he did take Thanos' attacks better than Thor.

Also, when did the narration say Champ was tapping into the gem.. not just subconciously without realizing it.. but actually tapping into it. Champion had the gem for a very long time and wasn't growing in power the way Thor was... Narration said Thor would be a threat to it and the universe if he was let to continue growing in power with it. I don't recall champion growing at that level.. nor any narration that he was a threat to the universe.. Could be wrong though... No narration was made quite like that. All that was said is that Champ's power grows proportionally with his anger-- not unlike Hulk. Thanos also stated that Champion stopped his melee just before delivering the "killing blow"-- so there's that.

Damborgson
You are very quick to pop into thread and make snide comments. When you do, at least have your facts straight.

Same can be said about Champ. However, he got right back up and walked through(literally) Thanos' subsequent blast:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12971977_2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12971981_3.jpg
Not saying Thor couldn't have done the same, he just... Never did. Champion did, though.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972023_6.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972025_7.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972026_8.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972027_9.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972021_4.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12972022_5.jpg

The best feat Thor has with the gem is beating a few heralds, and fighting Thanos. That's why I said that Champ's gem-feats are more impressive. Regardless, I still see no way Thor can win here. Stalemate, imo.

Thor was finishing off the fodder Thanos sent at him when he blasted him from behind though. No doubt he was hurt by it, but he powered through it using Mjolnir as a shield next time. He got up failry quickly as well, though I could agree he took the blast harder than Champion did.

Thor did achieve something Champion didn't either though, he one shot Thanos' shields. Thanos put a barrier up immediately to stop Thor from landing a hit and the shield shattered like glass.

Thanos took down some heavy hitters himself. He one shot Drax, Maxam, and Silver Surfer also. Not to mention overpowered the assault by Strange and Adam. They all became one shots after he got the gem. Champion had extended fights with the others if I remember correctly.

My two cents anyway.

Galan007
Thor was finishing off the fodder Thanos sent at him when he blasted him from behind though. No doubt he was hurt by it, but he powered through it using Mjolnir as a shield next time. He got up failry quickly as well, though I could agree he took the blast harder than Champion did.

Thor did achieve something Champion didn't either though, he one shot Thanos' shields. Thanos put a barrier up immediately to stop Thor from landing a hit and the shield shattered like glass.

Thanos took down some heavy hitters himself. He one shot Drax, Maxam, and Silver Surfer also. Not to mention overpowered the assault by Strange and Adam. They all became one shots after he got the gem. Champion had extended fights with the others if I remember correctly.

My two cents anyway. I agree that their feats were similar in some areas, but a few things...

-The uber-heralds Champion beat were so badly injured by his melee that they required medical attention after the fight in order to recuperate-- heck, Warlock was forced to wrap himself in a cocoon.

-The shield Thanos used vs. Champion was manifested via his tech/ship, whereas the shield he used against Thor was manifested solely by him. His ship's shielding>his personal shielding-- Galactus, for instance, had a tough time breaching his tech-based shielding.

-Champ still destroyed a planet, which seems far more impressive than anything Thor did with the gem.

Branlor Swift
-The shield Thanos used vs. Champion was manifested via his tech/ship, whereas the shield he used against Thor was manifested solely by him. His ship's shielding>his personal shielding-- Galactus, for instance, had a tough time breaching his tech-based shielding. Thanos' ship was destroyed at the time in the Galactus outing.

Anyway. Thanos made a fool out of Champion, but that could be attributed to him thinking he's dangerous and wanting to avoid getting hit.
He brawled with Thor on the other hand.

I see a stalemate. Champ wasn't a ***** with the gem like Drax was at times (who Thor took out a couple times). If the Thanos incident proves anything, it's that he's incredibly resilent.

Looking back on this makes me realize how bad Bendis is going to make Thanos job as soon as he loses his powerups...

Galan007
^ I see it as a stalemate as well.

Damborgson
I agree that their feats were similar in some areas, but a few things...

-The uber-heralds Champion beat were so badly injured by his melee that they required medical attention after the fight in order to recuperate-- heck, Warlock was forced to wrap himself in a cocoon.

-The shield Thanos used vs. Champion was manifested via his tech/ship, whereas the shield he used against Thor was manifested solely by him. His ship's shielding>his personal shielding-- Galactus, for instance, had a tough time breaching his tech-based shielding.

-Champ still destroyed a planet, which seems far more impressive than anything Thor did with the gem.

True enough for sure.

But I think it could have easily been the same in the Thor situation. It's just that once they were down, he didn't continue the beat down. He just one shot them, then that was the end of it. He stopped to monologue for a while after he put them down which is why Surfer had time to BFR him to Thanos' ship. Instead of going over and breaking their skulls.

Ah well there's no arguing that I guess. If they were only shields on his person and not the same ones that were used on Champion then it's not a fair comparison.

It was impressive for sure. His hit got compared to a nuclear arsenal or something similar. But as impressive as destroying a planet it is, I tend to think that showings against characters are more impressive. And Thor pretty much confirmed that even the most powerful heralds like Surfer, had now become one shot KO's to him.

Damborgson
oh question: Were the shields Thanos used in his fight with Odin the same ones he used with Thor? It's not really comparable to use a blast to a blunt force weapon attack, but I'm just curious.

Branlor Swift
Did Thanos even use shields in the Odin fight?

KuRuPT Thanosi
There was no shielding against Odin as I see it, but if there was, it certainly wasn't at the level of Galactus and Omega shielding. It would just be some run of the mill.. Natural Eternal Shielding.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I don't believe so.. There was ZERO mention of it and it was shown at all. Unlike ALL the other incidents where it is draw or talked about or even ALLUDED to. In this situation, some people interpret a scan that shows a splash from Odin appearing to go around Thanos. Imo it was simply artistic depiction. Not some invisible shield never mentioned or alluded to.

Galan007
And Thor pretty much confirmed that even the most powerful heralds like Surfer, had now become one shot KO's to him. Champion also proved that even the best heralds out there were absolutely nothing in comparison...

Beta Ray Bill (same guy who beat down a gemless B&T Thor, remember):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972541_c1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972542_c2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972543_c3.jpg

Gladiator:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972544_c4.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972545_c5.jpg

Warlock:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972546_c6.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972548_c7.jpg

And as the scans I posted above depict, Champ also beat Surfer and Drax to within an inch of their life.

I think Champ's got the better gem-feats. However, I don't see him beating Thor, just like I don't see Thor beating him... I agreed with the rest of your post, though. thumb up

Damborgson
Champion also proved that even the best heralds out there were absolutely nothing in comparison...

Beta Ray Bill (same guy who beat down a gemless B&T Thor, remember):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972541_c1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972542_c2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972543_c3.jpg

Gladiator:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972544_c4.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972545_c5.jpg

Warlock:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972546_c6.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/12972548_c7.jpg

And as the scans I posted above depict, Champ also beat Surfer and Drax to within an inch of their life.

I think Champ's got the better gem-feats. However, I don't see him beating Thor, just like I don't see Thor beating him... I agreed with the rest of your post, though. thumb up

Well from our back and forths it looks like our disagreements are basically non-existent. And I can agree with what you're saying so my hats off to you thumb up

Damborgson
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

I think he did.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos1.jpg

That blast doesn't look like it's hitting Thanos to me.

Branlor Swift
All this proves is that Thanos is much stronger/more durable/more powerful than PG Drax, Surfer, Strange, Warlock, Glads, Beta, Maxam, most at the same time.

How does this make you feel Quan?

Harbinger
Just looks like Thanos no selling a casual blast from Odin to me.

Plus, if Thanos were using shields there, why didn't he use them when Odin busted out Gungir and put him into a wall? Or when Odin blasted Thanos and visibly hurt him earlier in the fight?

Damborgson
The blast warps around him though. And a much smaller hit sends him reeling a page or so later from a pimp blast. That one did not look warped at all.

Probably because they couldn't stand up the punishment. After Thor broke his shield he didn't use them again either.

quanchi112
PG Drax was lulz-worthy.

Regardless, Champ still has the better gem-feat: planet-busting. So busting a planet is more impressive than beating Strange, Warlock, the Watch, and the Surfer like dogs ? Is that what you're saying ?

Nihilist
You are very quick to pop into thread and make snide comments. When you do, at least have your facts straight.

The best feat Thor has with the gem is beating a few heralds, and fighting Thanos. That's why I said that Champ's gem-feats are more impressive. Regardless, I still see no way Thor can win here. Stalemate, imo. your the one who should get facts straight, as I've said from the start its a stalemate..plus you have Been pushing the one feat rules all nonsense not me

Endless Mike
Thanos had more trouble against Thor w/PG than he did against Champion with it.

Galan007
So busting a planet is more impressive than beating Strange, Warlock, the Watch, and the Surfer like dogs ? Is that what you're saying ? Again, Champion has trounced many of the finest heralds out there with a few blows: Surfer, Drax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Warlock, etc-- they were beaten so badly that they nearly died as a result, and were forced to recuperate in a medical ward afterward. He also walked through Thanos' energy blasts, and broke his tech-shields(which is, to this very day, quite unprecedented.) In fact, Thanos himself stated that Champ purposefully stopped his melee just before delivering the "killing blow".

...Then tack on the fact that Champ destroyed a planet, and yes... I think it's clear his gem feats were superior to Thor's as a whole.

as I've said from the start its a stalemate.. Good, then we agree. thumb up

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos had more trouble against Thor w/PG than he did against Champion with it. Thanos opted to fight Thor physically. He did not, however, battle Champion with the same physicality-- he used more shielding/teleportation... He sought to avoid a purely physical confrontation with Champ(and for good reason.) That much was stated by Thanos himself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think he did.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos1.jpg

It's called artistic depiction.. He seems to have a thing for a blasts radiating all around the body. Even in the scan you show.. there is a big energy splash around odin when it hits him. In the Thanos case.. it was just from a different angle. Point is, I can't think of ONE.. NOT ONE incident where Thanos shields haven't been drawn or even alluded to... and where it talks about them breaking. All the times it has been broken or failing.. Omega, Galactus, Champion, Thor etc etc.. it's either shown being broken or talked about being broken. Yet in this case, it's never even mentioned as having one.. let one mentioned when it was broken. Yet if it wasn't broken. why didn't he continue to use it.. and if he did and it was broken.. why again wasn't it mentioned. I know why.. because no shield existed.

carver9
Looks like a shield to me.

Also, Galan make good points.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Shield never mentioned nor drawn.. a shield never mentioned to be broken.. a shield if not broken.. why wasn't it brought out later.. and then mentioned or mentioned when broken. None of those things happened. No shield drawn or mentioned means no shield. Pretty simple to me

CosmicComet
No mention of a shield or an explicit drawing of one.

No shield.

carver9
Shield never mentioned nor drawn.. a shield never mentioned to be broken.. a shield if not broken.. why wasn't it brought out later.. and then mentioned or mentioned when broken. None of those things happened. No shield drawn or mentioned means no shield. Pretty simple to me

I'm seeing a circling around the front of Thanos body during that blast. It isn't hard to comprehend that he was using his shields.

CosmicComet
That's not a circle anymore than it's simply splash that is reaching AROUND Thanos.

No shield.

carver9
I think he did.

The blast isnt even touching Thanos. It's clear as day that he was using his shields during this instance.

Galan007
I can see both sides of the argument.

To me, it does look like the blast begins to dissipate before hitting Thanos-- on the other hand, there was no mention of a shield being in place.

carver9
During that instance, no one said a word...that was a moment for combat, not words.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver it's called artistic depiction. The particular artist like doing big splash damage where the blast hit.. this is just another example from another angle. NO SHIELD WAS MENTIONED.. NO SHIELD DRAWN.. NO SHIELD MENTIONED BEING BROKEN.. NO SHIELD BROUGHT OUT AGAIN if that was a shield. Sorry bud that makes no sense, and has never happened in Thanos' history. It's either drawn or mentioned. Always

CosmicComet
Originally posted by carver9
The blast isnt even touching Thanos. It's clear as day that he was using his shields during this instance.

You see the light yellow in front of Thanos?

THAT is where the blast can be touching him. The sparks around can be the splash reaching around him.

His shields are always drawn and shown explicitly.

This is not one of those cases. No shield.

TheGodKiller
LOL...Are people really trying to argue for the idea that Thanos was using shields in that battle ?

Nihilist
Only a true idiot would say the blast isn't hitting Thanos. Its clear Thanos upper torso takes the brunt of the blast and the rest of the blast simply starts to filter around him.

If he's using a shield it must have been moulded to his body shape lol, I challenge anyone to shown Thanos using said shielding like that ever.

quanchi112
Again, Champion has trounced many of the finest heralds out there with a few blows: Surfer, Drax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Warlock, etc-- they were beaten so badly that they nearly died as a result, and were forced to recuperate in a medical ward afterward. He also walked through Thanos' energy blasts, and broke his tech-shields(which is, to this very day, quite unprecedented.) In fact, Thanos himself stated that Champ purposefully stopped his melee just before delivering the "killing blow".

...Then tack on the fact that Champ destroyed a planet, and yes... I think it's clear his gem feats were superior to Thor's as a whole.

Good, then we agree. thumb up

Thanos opted to fight Thor physically. He did not, however, battle Champion with the same physicality-- he used more shielding/teleportation... He sought to avoid a purely physical confrontation with Champ(and for good reason.) That much was stated by Thanos himself. I for one don't put much stock into collateral damage. Never have and never will. Thor was a threat to Thanos while Champion was someone he easily tricked and had hand over the gem. The guy was a colossal moron.

Gecko4lif

To me, it does look like the blast begins to dissipate before hitting Thanos-- on the other hand, there was no mention of a shield being in place.
this^

The art is kinda ambiguous

KuRuPT Thanosi
I for one don't put much stock into collateral damage. Never have and never will. Thor was a threat to Thanos while Champion was someone he easily tricked and had hand over the gem. The guy was a colossal moron.

Not really true... Thanos seemed more concerned about Champion and his physicality than he was Thor...

quanchi112
Not really true... Thanos seemed more concerned about Champion and his physicality than he was Thor... No, Thanos took Thor on as a real threat. He toyed with Champion and then knew exactly when to teleport away. He played him for the fool he was and even stated all the elders were giant morons at the end. Thor was a force with the power gem Champion was just a fool.

ODG
Originally posted by CosmicComet
You see the light yellow in front of Thanos?

THAT is where the blast can be touching him. The sparks around can be the splash reaching around him. Thanos' chest doesn't bulge that far out. Just look at his shoulder and the splashing. Originally posted by CosmicComet
His shields are always drawn and shown explicitly.

This is not one of those cases. No shield. Reread Infinity Abyss. They weren't drawn there.

PG Thor didn't break Thanos' shielding so that it wouldn't function anymore throughout the arc. And Thanos isn't stupid enough to forget to use his shields.

JakeTheBank

Same here.

Damborgson
It's called artistic depiction.. He seems to have a thing for a blasts radiating all around the body. Even in the scan you show.. there is a big energy splash around odin when it hits him. In the Thanos case.. it was just from a different angle. Point is, I can't think of ONE.. NOT ONE incident where Thanos shields haven't been drawn or even alluded to... and where it talks about them breaking. All the times it has been broken or failing.. Omega, Galactus, Champion, Thor etc etc.. it's either shown being broken or talked about being broken. Yet in this case, it's never even mentioned as having one.. let one mentioned when it was broken. Yet if it wasn't broken. why didn't he continue to use it.. and if he did and it was broken.. why again wasn't it mentioned. I know why.. because no shield existed.

Well the artistic depiction was completely forgotten here then.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6203/warlockandtheinfinitywatch25bl5.jpg

where and arguably less impressive attack sent him reeling. And it didn't warp around him like it did with the first attack. And it never happened again. The difference is seen in that same scan where Thanos' and Surfers' attacks engulf Odin. I think it's safe to say there was some sort of shielding used. But of course I'm not dismissing the other side of the argument. I wouldn't care of there wasn't shielding used, it's just something I noticed.

No, Thanos took Thor on as a real threat. He toyed with Champion and then knew exactly when to teleport away. He played him for the fool he was and even stated all the elders were giant morons at the end. Thor was a force with the power gem Champion was just a fool.

I'm forced to agree with this big grin

vince_slice
I don't really see a shield. But the fact that people are split on it, shows how ambiguous and subjective the art is. This could mean two things: (1) the writer and artist never intended there to be a shield; or (2) if the writer and artist did intend there to be a shield, they did a terrible job at depicting it.

Nihilist
Originally posted by ODG
Thanos' chest doesn't bulge that far out. Just look at his shoulder and the splashing. Reread Infinity Abyss. They weren't drawn there.

PG Thor didn't break Thanos' shielding so that it wouldn't function anymore throughout the arc. And Thanos isn't stupid enough to forget to use his shields. haha you're still trying to pedal the shield theory. Why didn't he continue to use the shields as they weren't shown to break?

In Infinity Abyss the shields were still mentioned and stood up to a greater blast than what Odin did.

I challenge you ODG to show ANY mention, hint, or drawing of a shield

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Thanos' chest doesn't bulge that far out. Just look at his shoulder and the splashing. Reread Infinity Abyss. They weren't drawn there.

PG Thor didn't break Thanos' shielding so that it wouldn't function anymore throughout the arc. And Thanos isn't stupid enough to forget to use his shields.

When they aren't drawn... I.e. omega they are ALLUDED TO NUMEROUS TIMES... They are even mentioned to be failing.. Nothing of the sort happened here. No mention of them.. no drawing them.. no mentioning them breaking = no go

Damborgson
Originally posted by vince_slice
I don't really see a shield. But the fact that people are split on it, shows how ambiguous and subjective the art is. This could mean two things: (1) the writer and artist never intended there to be a shield; or (2) if the writer and artist did intend there to be a shield, they did a terrible job at depicting it.

/shrug

ODG
haha you're still trying to pedal the shield theory. Why didn't he continue to use the shields as they weren't shown to break?

In Infinity Abyss the shields were still mentioned and stood up to a greater blast than what Odin did.

I challenge you ODG to show ANY mention, hint, or drawing of a shield Pretty sure they did break, which is why Thanos started getting tossed all over the place, which happens when his shields break, e.g., PG Thor.

They weren't drawn at all is the point.

Look at Thanos' shoulder, where his chest should be, and how far out the blast splashes. That's your mention, hint or drawing. Thanos' shielding unit wasn't destroyed by PG Thor. Thanos isn't stupid enough to run into battle against a Skyfather without his shields when he used them quickly enough against a lesser foe in PG Thor not two issues prior. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
When they aren't drawn... I.e. omega they are ALLUDED TO NUMEROUS TIMES... They are even mentioned to be failing.. Nothing of the sort happened here. No mention of them.. no drawing them.. no mentioning them breaking = no go Why weren't they drawn in Infinity Abyss? Begging the question proves what? The shielding effect is there and it's rather plain to see unless you think Thanos' chest bulges out that far. Hint: it doesn't. Splendid effort though, assassinating Thanos' character by trying to act like his shielding unit was destroyed by PG Thor, or Thanos is just an idiot and conveniently runs into battle without shields, or arguing that Thanos' possesses 33DDD breasts.

psycho gundam
he also used a force block again, but odin casually shattered that, too

Damborgson
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/evilash1990/ThanosyieldtoOdin.png

Nihilist
So proof then ODG simply speculation.

I wouldn't mind PR even put you right on the matter and declared no shield before.

ODG
So proof then ODG simply speculation.

I wouldn't mind PR even put you right on the matter and declared no shield before. Funny, because the shielding splashing effect wasn't pointed out before.

But I like your motivation here to argue otherwise. Because apparently, Thanos not using shielding acts as some sort of security blanket to excuse (in some menial way) the outclassing that Odin subjected Thanos to here. Like, somehow, Thanos' handicapping himself (ignorantly or purposefully) saves some of his dignity.

It wouldn't have made a difference. PG Thor, a far lesser opponent than Odin, shattered Thanos' shields easily. Odin also would have anyway (and frankly did). So this security blanket argument doesn't even serve a purpose. Why do you even care whether Thanos used his shields or not?

Except to unintentionally insinuate that a) Thanos is an idiot for not using his most basic defense, i.e., shields, even when he remembers to resort to experimental force block tech, or b) Thanos' shielding unit was destroyed by PG Thor, and c) Thanos sometimes possesses 33DDD t1tties.

This argument is rather needless, to say the least. Even when you aggrandize him, you twist and distort the very character. Reminds me of the arguments that Wolverine's brain never gets explicitly penetrated and him being shot in the eyesocket and being knocked out senseless for an entire comic was just the bullet causing concussive damage and bouncing off. Which is ironic coming from Wolverine fanboys who argue that he can't get knocked out by less than Hulk-level punches.

Nihilist
If you don't have anything other than hope and specation just stfu instead of waisting my time.

The whole using shields because he faced a powerful opponent fails as he never used one against Tyrant, Maker, Afro Magus with the soul gem or Walker the Death God.

Branlor Swift
He also has more than one shield, as evidenced in the Omega fiasco.

psycho gundam
The whole using shields because he faced a powerful opponent fails as he never used one against Tyrant, Maker, Afro Magus with the soul gem or Walker the Death God. all those guys sort of whipped his ass. vs tyrant thanos may have been amped

ODG
^ Thanos desperately resorted to using DP Tyrant's own power orbs against him. Maker one-shotted him and Thanos had to resort to telepathically attacking her fragile mortal mind the second time around. Thanos explicitly drew upon his ships' power against Walker and requested help from Captain Marvel (they even held hands~~~ aww~~~!) and Thor. What Nihilist is trying to say though is that Thanos is a silly rabbit who makes use of all sorts of tactics, outside amps, requests assistance and utilizes experimental tech, but never decided to use one of his most basic defenses, e.g., his shields. Which of course, we should have seen... even though they've been invisible before.Originally posted by Nihilist
If you don't have anything other than hope and specation just stfu instead of waisting my time.

The whole using shields because he faced a powerful opponent fails as he never used one against Tyrant, Maker, Afro Magus with the soul gem or Walker the Death God. Sorry I deconstructed your underlying intentions and revealed the futility of your entire argument. Cuts deep, I'm sure.

I get it, you're trying to argue that Thanos hardly ever uses his shields against superior opponents. Some form of CIS? Maybe. And you're not unwittingly assassinating Thanos' character right now. The "Thanos-possesses-33DDD-t1tties" argument was compelling though. I still don't have a rebuttal for that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Pretty sure they did break, which is why Thanos started getting tossed all over the place, which happens when his shields break, e.g., PG Thor.

They weren't drawn at all is the point.

Look at Thanos' shoulder, where his chest should be, and how far out the blast splashes. That's your mention, hint or drawing. Thanos' shielding unit wasn't destroyed by PG Thor. Thanos isn't stupid enough to run into battle against a Skyfather without his shields when he used them quickly enough against a lesser foe in PG Thor not two issues prior. Why weren't they drawn in Infinity Abyss? Begging the question proves what? The shielding effect is there and it's rather plain to see unless you think Thanos' chest bulges out that far. Hint: it doesn't. Splendid effort though, assassinating Thanos' character by trying to act like his shielding unit was destroyed by PG Thor, or Thanos is just an idiot and conveniently runs into battle without shields, or arguing that Thanos' possesses 33DDD breasts.

Simple questions then... In the comic in question that you reference being a shield that wasn't drawn.

1. Was the shield metioned in said arc?
2. Was the shield mentioned to be broken or breaking?
3. In the Odin fight.. was there a single word about a shield being used?
4. Was there a single mention of a shield breaking?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Can you name me ONE.. just ONE instance in Thanos' entire history.. where a shield is invisible and also not mentioned as being there or breaking? Doesn't exist, because when there IS a shield it's either DRAWN so it's clear... if not drawn and invisible it's has IN EVERY INSTANCE been mentiioned as benig there.. Wanna know why.. well pretty simple really.. since you can't see one.. the writer wants the reader to know it's here. NONE of those things happened here. no amount of reaching changes that buddy.

Nihilist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
all those guys sort of whipped his ass. vs tyrant thanos may have been amped more bullshit.

Maker cheap shotted him and then got beat.

Afro Magus faced the weakest version of Thanos and only just won.

The orb did nothing for durability as it was only energy.

Thanos tanked Walkers blast that floored Genis.

You're post even fails get whipped wasn't even the point and like I said not a single shield used.

ODG
Simple questions then... In the comic in question that you reference being a shield that wasn't drawn.

1. Was the shield metioned in said arc?
2. Was the shield mentioned to be broken or breaking?
3. In the Odin fight.. was there a single word about a shield being used?
4. Was there a single mention of a shield breaking?

Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Can you name me ONE.. just ONE instance in Thanos' entire history.. where a shield is invisible and also not mentioned as being there or breaking? Doesn't exist, because when there IS a shield it's either DRAWN so it's clear... if not drawn and invisible it's has IN EVERY INSTANCE been mentiioned as benig there.. Wanna know why.. well pretty simple really.. since you can't see one.. the writer wants the reader to know it's here. NONE of those things happened here. no amount of reaching changes that buddy. Shield's splashing effect being drawn isn't enough? I get it. You're just using Wolverithmetics at this point, amirite? When Wolverine has a bullet hit his eye and he gets knocked out for an entire issue with what appears to be brain matter coming out of his eye, we need a narration panel saying, "And Wolverine was thus shot in the brain by Scalphunter."

Because, y'know, what's obvious must somehow be spoonfed to us as if we're 10 years old... with mental defect issues and a poor grasp of reading comprehension looking at teh pretty picturez.

Begging irrelevant questions isn't a winning strategy. Nor is assuming that writers must pander to the audience every single time, because you need to convince me that Thanos is such a great comic character, he forgets to use his shielding half the time because, "zomg, we don't see his invisible shields" and sometimes, Thanos lets loose with 33DDD t1tties to tank Odin's blasts!

Nihilist
The only thing you've done ODG is show how desperate and sad you are trying to make stuff up thinking I'm trying to make Thanos somehow superior to Odin, which isn't the case.

The simple issue is he tanked the blast like he did later on walking through the Gungnir blasts.

No proof=no case..end of.

ODG
The only thing you've done ODG is show how desperate and sad you are trying to make stuff up thinking I'm trying to make Thanos somehow superior to Odin, which isn't the case.

The simple issue is he tanked the blast like he did later on walking through the Gungnir blasts.

No proof=no case..end of. I didn't make up that Thanos' shields were busted by PG Thor and would have been similarly useless against Odin's attacks. Or that Thanos wasn't trying to throw the fight as he went so far as to request assistance from his allies and resort to experimental technology. Or that Thanos' shielding units weren't destroyed PG Thor.

You did try to make up that Thanos apparently possesses 33DDD breasts that tank Odin's blast, somehow explaining the blast splashing. You are trying to hide that you are making Thanos look like a flipping moron who resorts to cheap tactics and all sorts of outside assistance but... oopsie! forgot to raise some shields.

I'ma dub this the "Thanos going dumb blonde" myth. A wholly needless, and rather humorous, argument centering around Thanos either forgetting to use shields (even when he goes to other extraordinary lengths in fights) like a dumb blonde... or somehow uses his Eternal powers to grow a set of enormously large breasts to imitate a dumb blonde and splash away energy attacks.

Thanos fought Tyrant w/o his invisible shields? Dumb blonde moment. Thanos fought Maker w/o his invisible shields? Dumb blonde moment. Thanos fought Odin w/o is invisible shields? Dumb blonde moment. Thanos grew t1tties to splash away Odin's blasts? Another dumb blonde moment.

Works for you, I'm sure. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Shield's splashing effect being drawn isn't enough? I get it. You're just using Wolverithmetics at this point, amirite? When Wolverine has a bullet hit his eye and he gets knocked out for an entire issue with what appears to be brain matter coming out of his eye, we need a narration panel saying, "And Wolverine was thus shot in the brain by Scalphunter."

Because, y'know, what's obvious must somehow be spoonfed to us as if we're 10 years old... with mental defect issues and a poor grasp of reading comprehension looking at teh pretty picturez.

Begging irrelevant questions isn't a winning strategy. Nor is assuming that writers must pander to the audience every single time, because you need to convince me that Thanos is such a great comic character, he forgets to use his shielding half the time because, "zomg, we don't see his invisible shields" and sometimes, Thanos lets loose with 33DDD t1tties to tank Odin's blasts!

I love when you get upset because you can't answer questions that crush your theory. It TRULY amuses when I do this to you all the time and you then use red herring and ad hominem attacks to try and compensate. Problem is, it changes nothing about thanos and his history. So.. I'll ask again.. and this time try and answer and not use more fallacies to deflect from your lack of proof.

In the Comic YOU MENTION.. where there were invisible shields...

1. Was there a mention of shields being there? (I know you wont' answer.. so I'll answer for you) YES, it was mentioned NUMEROUS times. Flash fact: They are mentioned because since you can't see them.. the writer wants you to know they are there.. Simple basic 4th grade logic says why they would be mentioned.
2. Where they mentioned to be breaking. i.e. another sign they were there.. even though they aren't shown? YES, they were.
3. Can you name ONE single instance in Thanos' entire history where shields were invisible AND NOT MENTIONED or even ALLUDED to. NO YOU CAN'T. Wanna know why.. again basic 4th grade logic.. They are either drawn.. or if they aren't drawn they are mentioned as being there.

In the Odin fight..

1. Was there ANY mention of Thanos having shields (I know you won't answer) NO there wasn't ONE single reference to a shit or it even being alluded to.
2. Was there a mention of Thanos' shields breaking as it is with all the other times when it isn't drawn? NO, not one single mention of his shields being broken.. taxed.. nothing. Oohhh I get why... because there weren't any shields.

You ask why would Thanos be so stupid not to bring shields.. interesting question.. Hmmm I'm going to go out on a limb and say.. BECAUSE HE WASN'T GOING THERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT but looking for Odin's help. Wow, what a wild concept there. Hmmm somebody not bring a there tech shield because they don't plan on fighting.. Wow, what a crazy theory.

You have very little ground to stand on in this situation and with your other worse theory.. that thanos ALWAYS has his shield on.. remember when you tried to peddle that little theory.. which you were promptly crushed and had to tuck tail and run when PR put and end to that theory of yours. Well he put an end to both your theories.. first on the comic in question we're discussing. As your ridiculous theory that Thanos always has his shields on... even though a 1st grader would see his constant interactions with others touching him.. holding him.. hulk punching him (that broke an invisible shield... that again wasn't mentioned or shown or even alluded to.. lulz) somehow broke it lulz. I remember the good ol days with that shortbus theory.. Good times.

ODG
I love when you get upset because you can't answer questions that crush your theory. It TRULY amuses when I do this to you all the time and you then use red herring and ad hominem attacks to try and compensate. Problem is, it changes nothing about thanos and his history. So.. I'll ask again.. and this time try and answer and not use more fallacies to deflect from your lack of proof. Nice projection. And by nice, I mean you're very nice to make it so obvious you're projecting your frustration onto me. Because an elliptical splashing effect that extends beyond a person's body isn't evidence of a shield in your judgment. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
In the Comic YOU MENTION.. where there were invisible shields...

1. Was there a mention of shields being there? (I know you wont' answer.. so I'll answer for you) YES, it was mentioned NUMEROUS times. Flash fact: They are mentioned because since you can't see them.. the writer wants you to know they are there.. Simple basic 4th grade logic says why they would be mentioned.
2. Where they mentioned to be breaking. i.e. another sign they were there.. even though they aren't shown? YES, they were.
3. Can you name ONE single instance in Thanos' entire history where shields were invisible AND NOT MENTIONED or even ALLUDED to. NO YOU CAN'T. Wanna know why.. again basic 4th grade logic.. They are either drawn.. or if they aren't drawn they are mentioned as being there. Repeating yourself when I've already broken down how needless and deflective these questions are hasn't earned you any points. I can point to numerous times when comic characters, whose shielding has been explicitly drawn and explicitly mentioned, have been in fights with elliptical splashing effects. And y'know... that's on-panel evidence of shielding being used. Somehow, Thanos is special. He's not. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
In the Odin fight..

1. Was there ANY mention of Thanos having shields (I know you won't answer) NO there wasn't ONE single reference to a shit or it even being alluded to.
2. Was there a mention of Thanos' shields breaking as it is with all the other times when it isn't drawn? NO, not one single mention of his shields being broken.. taxed.. nothing. Oohhh I get why... because there weren't any shields.

You ask why would Thanos be so stupid not to bring shields.. interesting question.. Hmmm I'm going to go out on a limb and say.. BECAUSE HE WASN'T GOING THERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT but looking for Odin's help. Wow, what a wild concept there. Hmmm somebody not bring a there tech shield because they don't plan on fighting.. Wow, what a crazy theory.

You have very little ground to stand on in this situation and with your other worse theory.. that thanos ALWAYS has his shield on.. remember when you tried to peddle that little theory.. which you were promptly crushed and had to tuck tail and run when PR put and end to that theory of yours. Well he put an end to both your theories.. first on the comic in question we're discussing. As your ridiculous theory that Thanos always has his shields on... even though a 1st grader would see his constant interactions with others touching him.. holding him.. hulk punching him (that broke an invisible shield... that again wasn't mentioned or shown or even alluded to.. lulz) somehow broke it lulz. I remember the good ol days with that shortbus theory.. Good times. I get it. Because nobody talking about the elliptical splashing that is occurring somehow renders this the same exact argument as before. But it's awesome that your excuse for Thanos not raising his shields has to do with Thanos not looking for a fight. Even though he asked Drax and Surfer to attack Odin and even used experimental force block tech on him and, y'know... ended up blasting and wrestling with him...

... use some common sense. I get you're trying to peddle this off as a Thanos going dumb blonde moment, but don't go dumb blonde yourself. Descending so rapidly into your typical trollish insults hasn't remedied the fact that this entire argument is needless. Thanos using his shields, which were wrecked by PG Thor rather quickly, wouldn't have made a difference against a much more powerful Odin, much less be a gamechanger. And it wasn't. On-panel.

Somehow, you mad anyway. Mad enough to argue just as pointlessly and as stupidly as Wolverithmetic peddlers. That's pretty mad. And for what? A non-existent security blanket to gloss over Thanos' beatdown at the hands of Odin? That's pretty sad.

Nihilist
Yeah ODG's long butthurt post with no proof again .

ODG
^ So on-panel elliptical splashing effects that extend beyond a person's body isn't proof of a shield? No? It's proof of a spontaneous ability to grow large t1tties for a single panel? Oh, right. Thanos with t1tties. Forgot that this is actually a part of his Eternal powerset.

Galan007
As I've mentioned before...

Here Odin uses a single-handed blast on Thanos. Not only does the blast have no effect whatsoever, but it also seems to dissipate/begin spreading outward, before it ever touches Thanos' physical being:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8052/warlock2520.th.jpg
---
Fast-forward a couple pages, and this time a single/meager energy-backhand from Odin sends Thanos flying backward:
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5439/warlock2523.th.jpg

With that being said, it seems like Thanos' shields were up initially(the artwork heavily alludes to such)-- then Odin simply broke through them with his subsequent attacks. How else do you explain the massive difference in Thanos' energy-soak over the span of 2 pages?

I mean, it was already established that PG Thor was capable of smashing through Thanos' shielding with little effort:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12984089_t1.jpg

And from there, it was further established that Odin was vastly superior to PG Thor:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12984090_t2.jpg

...So Odin can/did/should be able to breach Thanos' shielding.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Nice projection. And by nice, I mean you're very nice to make it so obvious you're projecting your frustration onto me. Because an elliptical splashing effect that extends beyond a person's body isn't evidence of a shield in your judgment. Repeating yourself when I've already broken down how needless and deflective these questions are hasn't earned you any points. I can point to numerous times when comic characters, whose shielding has been explicitly drawn and explicitly mentioned, have been in fights with elliptical splashing effects. And y'know... that's on-panel evidence of shielding being used. Somehow, Thanos is special. He's not. I get it. Because nobody talking about the elliptical splashing that is occurring somehow renders this the same exact argument as before. But it's awesome that your excuse for Thanos not raising his shields has to do with Thanos not looking for a fight. Even though he asked Drax and Surfer to attack Odin and even used experimental force block tech on him and, y'know... ended up blasting and wrestling with him...

... use some common sense. I get you're trying to peddle this off as a Thanos going dumb blonde moment, but don't go dumb blonde yourself. Descending so rapidly into your typical trollish insults hasn't remedied the fact that this entire argument is needless. Thanos using his shields, which were wrecked by PG Thor rather quickly, wouldn't have made a difference against a much more powerful Odin, much less be a gamechanger. And it wasn't. On-panel.

Somehow, you mad anyway. Mad enough to argue just as pointlessly and as stupidly as Wolverithmetic peddlers. That's pretty mad. And for what? A non-existent security blanket to gloss over Thanos' beatdown at the hands of Odin? That's pretty sad.

Who started insulting who first.. Think.. think think.. or actually just go ahead and read your posts to me.. and see if there were any insults in there first. We know the answer to this quetion.. iS YES..and if YES.. then what you describe me doiing and WHY I was doing it.. mostly certainly must apply to you. I didn't expect that self owange from you.. but it was a hoot.

Now, I want you to address that theory of yours so we can all get a laugh. Did you or did you not claim.. Thanos' shields are ALWAYS on by default.. Remember that one? Remember when you claimed a simple punch from Hulk cracked a shield not drawn or seen or even mentioned LULZ.. Should I find the posts? Do you still believe he always has his shields on?

You ask what difference would it have made.. and begging the question yourself. I have the answer though buddy don't worry. You act like Thanos' shielding is all the same.. and it's not.. not even close to the same. The one used against Thor.. I don't even believe was his tech shields.. I believe it was his natural eternal shields he called upon.. or if it was tech.. it was very inferior to others we've seen thanos carry. You ask what difference it would make.. easy.. A BIG DIFFERENCE. Remember how Doom one shot Odin with Galactus power... Remember when Odin one shot himself against galactus? Well, when Thanos comes prepared.. see Omega.. see Galactus.. even champion to a lesser degree.. they ARE game changers. A well fed Galactus had to feed again after trying to break Thanos' shields. He even comments on how hard it was and how he's never had to work so hard to break a mere forcefield. Omega reported to be even more powerful.. couldn't break them with a prolonged blast at Thanos. So yes, if Thanos came for a fight and wanted a fight.. he brings the big boys... Big Boys that odin would have to work just to pierce. So, while there were no shields here.. even if you believe there was.. they weren't his big boy shields.. they were inferior models.. like the one he used against Thor.

Which again, crushes your theory.. So the artist.. DECIDES to draw shields and draw them breaking... THEN in the very next comic.. the artist goes.. you know what.. I'm not going to draw them this time or even mention them... Wow that makes sense.. Ooo wait it doesn't make ANY sense at all. That simple fact should make it very clear there were no shields.. no way no how.

Nihilist
Originally posted by ODG
^ So on-panel elliptical splashing effects that extend beyond a person's body isn't proof of a shield? No? It's proof of a spontaneous ability to grow large t1tties for a single panel? Oh, right. Thanos with t1tties. Forgot that this is actually a part of his Eternal powerset. tell you what then you show any other time Thanos used shielding that is so close to his body then you have a actual argument. Because we know the one against Champ was a few feet away from his body as shown when Champ stopped short of him, and the same from Galactus and Omega blasts that showed a the outline of the shield a good few feat away from him.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Here Odin uses a single-handed blast on Thanos. Not only does the blast have no effect whatsoever, but it also seems to dissipate/begin spreading outward, before it ever touches Thanos' physical being:
---
Fast-forward a couple pages, and this time a single/meager energy-backhand from Odin sends Thanos flying backward:

With that being said, it seems like Thanos' shields were up initially(the artwork heavily alludes to such)-- then Odin simply broke through them with his subsequent attacks. How else do you explain the massive difference in Thanos' energy-soak over the span of 2 pages?

I mean, it was already established that PG Thor was capable of smashing through Thanos' shielding with little effort:

And from there, it was further established that Odin was vastly superior to PG Thor:

Yet friend, we still can't get around no shields being mentioned or even alluded to being there. We can't get around that NOT ONCE in Thanos' entire history have there been invisible shields that weren't mentioned and mentioned to be breaking or broken.. NOT ONCE.

The other fact, that makes it even more clear there was no shields... The artist in the prior comic.. actually DRAWS a shield.. we see it.. we even see it broken. Why on God's green earth would the artist then NOT draw ANY shield what so ever... or even draw one being broken like we saw with Thor. That completly defies not only consistency but logic. You're telling me the artist would draw one and make it clear there is one.. then the very next comic would go.. you know what.. I'm not going to draw a thing.. I'm not even going to mention a thing.. I'm not even goiing to mention them being broken... That makes zero logical sense.

Lastly, the difference is, and I thought this was made clear by the presentation of the comic.. Odin was STEPPING up his attacks. He was getting more and more annoyed with Thanos and increasing his attacks accordingly. would you not agree Odin was ramping things up as time went along? All the instances you show where Thanos was blown backwards were after said stepping up.. whiich clearly explain why it was effecting Thanos more. Odin's first shot.. put down Drax with ease.. He figured it would do the same to Thanos.. but as we all know.. Thanos is well above them.. So it didn't do a thing to him.. and that is exactly consistent with Odin's mentality at the time (have one shot drax already) and the writer driving home the point with artistic depiction AND narration... That Thanos is above the others.. He even has Odin say as much and is surprised that Thanos is so durable. Hence him stepping it up as time goes on.. It's very easy to example why actually.

ODG
tell you what then you show any other time Thanos used shielding that is so close to his body then you have a actual argument. Because we know the one against Champ was a few feet away from his body as shown when Champ stopped short of him, and the same from Galactus and Omega blasts that showed a the outline of the shield a good few feat away from him. His shields against PG Thor's blows were just outside of his hand. Galan007 just posted the scan. Seriously? And what kind of argument is this anyway? Are you insisting that Thanos' shielding is always drawn the same way by different artists? It's not even drawn the same way by the same artists. Why would you possibly think that comic book depiction of shields is static, much less consistent?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
His shields against PG Thor's blows were just outside of his hand. Galan007 just posted the scan. Seriously?

Guess what they were DRAWN.. SHOWN TO BE BREAKING.. HUGE difference here.. Yet, in the next comic.. the artist goes.. nah.. I'm not going to show a thing or mention a thing.. yeah.. that makes sense.

ODG
Guess what they were DRAWN.. SHOWN TO BE BREAKING.. HUGE difference here.. Yet, in the next comic.. the artist goes.. nah.. I'm not going to show a thing or mention a thing.. yeah.. that makes sense. Learn to read simple English before addressing me. I responded to Nihilist's question.

I didn't make a declaration that required your absent-minded statement of non-fact.

That's not even the same artist. Christ.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Learn to read simple English before addressing me. I responded to Nihilist's question.

I didn't make a declaration that required your absent-minded statement of non-fact.

That's not even the same artist. Christ.

I know it's not, show me where I said it was the same guy. Point is, the next artist didn't read the prior comic.. is that what you're expecting me to believe. He saw the previous artist draw a shield... draw a shield breaking.. yet goes.. nah.. f consistency.. I'm going the COMPLETE opposite direction as the previous comic.. Yep, that is some logic there..

Nihilist
Originally posted by ODG
His shields against PG Thor's blows were just outside of his hand. Galan007 just posted the scan. Seriously? And what kind of argument is this anyway? Are you insisting that Thanos' shielding is always drawn the same way by different artists? It's not even drawn the same way by the same artists. Why would you possibly think that comic book depiction of shields is static, much less consistent? the shield was at arms length and he had to hold that shield, did you see him holding one against Odin? Nah we didn't.

The sheild always carry the consistency of being circular in shape , plus all the shielding featured in stories wrote by Starlin so yeah I think he would know a little about how Thanos work and look like and get the artist to depict it so.

Galan007
Yet friend, we still can't get around no shields being mentioned or even alluded to being there. We can't get around that NOT ONCE in Thanos' entire history have there been invisible shields that weren't mentioned and mentioned to be breaking or broken.. NOT ONCE.

The other fact, that makes it even more clear there was no shields... The artist in the prior comic.. actually DRAWS a shield.. we see it.. we even see it broken. Why on God's green earth would the artist then NOT draw ANY shield what so ever... or even draw one being broken like we saw with Thor. That completly defies not only consistency but logic. You're telling me the artist would draw one and make it clear there is one.. then the very next comic would go.. you know what.. I'm not going to draw a thing.. I'm not even going to mention a thing.. I'm not even goiing to mention them being broken... That makes zero logical sense.

Lastly, the difference is, and I thought this was made clear by the presentation of the comic.. Odin was STEPPING up his attacks. He was getting more and more annoyed with Thanos and increasing his attacks accordingly. would you not agree Odin was ramping things up as time went along? All the instances you show where Thanos was blown backwards were after said stepping up.. whiich clearly explain why it was effecting Thanos more. Odin's first shot.. put down Drax with ease.. He figured it would do the same to Thanos.. but as we all know.. Thanos is well above them.. So it didn't do a thing to him.. and that is exactly consistent with Odin's mentality at the time (have one shot drax already) and the writer driving home the point with artistic depiction AND narration... That Thanos is above the others.. He even has Odin say as much and is surprised that Thanos is so durable. Hence him stepping it up as time goes on.. It's very easy to example why actually. Like I said earlier: I understand the arguments being made on both sides-- and they all make sense. However, the opinion that Thanos' shields were up initially, is both logical, and, depending on personal interpretation, also supported by on panel occurrences(of which I posted above.) That said, ODG's stance is perfectly logical, and frankly, one that I'd tend to agree with.

However, I'm not saying your opinion on the matter is wrong(it makes sense as well.) I simply don't agree with it as much as I agree with the aforementioned.

ODG
I know it's not, show me where I said it was the same guy. Point is, the next artist didn't read the prior comic.. is that what you're expecting me to believe. He saw the previous artist draw a shield... draw a shield breaking.. yet goes.. nah.. f consistency.. I'm going the COMPLETE opposite direction as the previous comic.. Yep, that is some logic there.. Who said you could remove your foot from your mouth? Originally posted by Nihilist
the shield was at arms length and he had to hold that shield, did you see him holding one against Odin? Nah we didn't.

The sheild always carry the consistency of being circular in shape , plus all the shielding featured in stories wrote by Starlin so yeah I think he would know a little about how Thanos work and look like and get the artist to depict it so. What a pointlessly unextraordinary statement of non-fact.

And an elliptical splash isn't circular. Genius at work here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
ODG... Does thanos have his shields up at all times.. I need a good laugh... the day is ending.... Come on man, make it happen for me.

You still haven't addressed the fact that you said Thanos having or not having a shield doesn't matter much.. just like it didn't matter against Thor. Then going further to say.. if Thor could break it.. why couldn't Odin... Sure, one of Thanos' inferior shielding... Does Thanos have superior shielding he could've brought to the fight with Odin?

ODG
ODG... Does thanos have his shields up at all times.. I need a good laugh... the day is ending.... Come on man, make it happen for me.

You still haven't addressed the fact that you said Thanos having or not having a shield doesn't matter much.. just like it didn't matter against Thor. Then going further to say.. if Thor could break it.. why couldn't Odin... Sure, one of Thanos' inferior shielding... Does Thanos have superior shielding he could've brought to the fight with Odin? Yes, because Thanos not having his shielding up at all times means he didn't have his shields up against Odin. The naive childishness of your red herring should have provided you humor enough already. But something tells me you're just angry that you're trying to salvage an argument with an obvious false absolute fallacy.

Similar to the one you were trying to peddle against Galan007 and acting like if this isn't the first time Thanos uses invisible shielding without accompanying exposition, then it could never have occurred here in this scene... for the first time. Smart, that one.

Do you continually beg questions of an impertinent and impotent nature? Yes. Yes, you do. How's your Thanos going dumb blonde security blanket feel? Comfy, I bet... even as it's full of holes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Like I said earlier: I understand the arguments being made on both sides-- and they all make sense. However, the opinion that Thanos' shields were up initially, is both logical, and, depending on personal interpretation, also supported by on panel occurrences(of which I posted above.) That said, ODG's stance is perfectly logical, and frankly, one that I'd tend to agree with.

However, I'm not saying your opinion on the matter is wrong(it makes sense as well.) I simply don't agree with it as much as I agree with the aforementioned.

Of course, and you're entitled to your own opinion on the matter. The only thing I would disagree on is that it's more logical to take the side of the shield or that the evidence is the same in quantity and quality.

On one hand we have:

1. No shield drawn (claiming that is a clear shield isn't evidence of a shield) many have pointed out it's very unclear if it is or isn't.. that isn't solid evidence. But what we do know is no shield was drawn.

2. We have no shield mentioned or even implied to be there

3. We have no shield metioned to be breaking or broken

4. The prior artist had a shield drawn for all to see... he even had a broken shield be drawn.. Subsequent artist who clearly and undoubtedly saw the previous comic and was well versed on what was going on. One would logically think would try to keep things consistent.. Logically one would thnk he would draw a shield just like in the previous comic. That is more logically than him doing the exact opposite and saying screw consistency

5. Thanos in his entire history has never had an invisible shield NEVER mentioned or alluded to or said to be breaking or broken. Not one time.

Then the other side

1. We have what looks like a blast going around him and not touching him...

Really what else is there.. Oohhhh wait..

2. Thanos should've brought shields to the fight..

The evidence is clearly on one sides favor and I'm not sure how it could be viewed otherwise. If you believe that ambigous "representation" of a shield trumps the other facts.. then that's cool with me. but the evidence isn't the same imo.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Yes, because Thanos not having his shielding up at all times means he didn't have his shields up against Odin. The naive childishness of your red herring should have provided you humor enough already. But something tells me you're just angry that you're trying to salvage an argument with an obvious false absolute fallacy.

Do you continually beg questions of an impertinent and impotent nature? Yes. Yes, you do. How's your Thanos going dumb blonde security blanket feel? Comfy, I bet... even as it's full of holes.

LULZ HAHHA.. Thanks bud, I appreciate the good laugh. Of course, what makes that theory even more laughable is clear instances when he hasn't... Hulk punching him "must've" broken it in one shot.. The Thing punching him "must've" broken in in one shot. Mar-Vell punching Thanos "must've" broken it in one shot.. shit.. Spiderman must've broken his shield in one shot... This list of laughable examples that show his shields aren't always up and not always up in battle make you look like an utter fool to try and peddle that theory. If thanos always had his shields up.. those blows would have never touched him like they were shown to do.. and certainly not in one blow.

ODG
LULZ HAHHA.. Thanks bud, I appreciate the good laugh. Of course, what makes that theory even more laughable is clear instances when he hasn't... Hulk punching him "must've" broken it in one shot.. The Thing punching him "must've" broken in in one shot. Mar-Vell punching Thanos "must've" broken it in one shot.. shit.. Spiderman must've broken his shield in one shot... This list of laughable examples that show his shields aren't always up and not always up in battle make you look like an utter fool to try and peddle that theory. If thanos always had his shields up.. those blows would have never touched him like they were shown to do.. and certainly not in one blow. Feigning levity when you realize that your arguments have been shot to sh1t -- not hard btw -- isn't arming you with any pretense of accomplishment.

But keep trying to salvage this false absolute that Thanos using invisible shielding -- thus explaining the elliptical splashing silhouette effect away from his body -- cannot possibly be true unless Thanos has his shields up all the time.

????????

You used to be better at this... marginally speaking anyway. Then again, that could just be me looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Feigning levity when you realize that your arguments have been shot to sh1t -- not hard btw -- isn't arming you with any pretense of accomplishment.

But keep trying to salvage this false absolute that Thanos using invisible shielding -- thus explaining the elliptical splashing silhouette effect away from his body -- cannot possibly be true unless Thanos has his shields up all the time.

????????

You used to be better at this... marginally speaking anyway. Then again, that could just be me looking back with rose-tinted glasses.

I need more laughs though ODG.. I'm sure others are enjoying it as well... So Spiderman one shot Thanos shield? So Hulk one shot Thanos shield.. So thing one shot Thanos' shield? So Mar-vel one shot Thanos shield.. So gamora and moondragon one shot Thanos' shield.. you believe that don't you? You resorting to name calling like you always do.. doesn't change your piss poor argument and evidence. Not one bit. Don't think I didn't notice you not addressing the point I made about what you claimed the reason for me naming calling was.. but you started calling names first.. So if what you claimed was true about me and why I did.. well then kid.. it must be true for you. Don't think I didn't notice.. I did. Nothing changes the fact, that the evidence is clearly on one side and not much else can be said to change that fact. I layed out the proof in the previous post.. it's pretty one sided. I'm still laughing.. Mar-vel one shot his shield.. yet poor old galactus can't even get through it without expending vital energy. You need to peddle this laughable theory to explain no shield be drawn or mentioned.. problem is.. it fall flat on it's face.. and hard.

leonidas

---

yep. thumb up

ODG
I need more laughs though ODG.. I'm sure others are enjoying it as well... So Spiderman one shot Thanos shield? So Hulk one shot Thanos shield.. So thing one shot Thanos' shield? So Mar-vel one shot Thanos shield.. So gamora and moondragon one shot Thanos' shield.. you believe that don't you? You resorting to name calling like you always do.. doesn't change your piss poor argument and evidence. Not one bit. Don't think I didn't notice you not addressing the point I made about what you claimed the reason for me naming calling was.. but you started calling names first.. So if what you claimed was true about me and why I did.. well then kid.. it must be true for you. Don't think I didn't notice.. I did. Nothing changes the fact, that the evidence is clearly on one side and not much else can be said to change that fact. I layed out the proof in the previous post.. it's pretty one sided. I'm still laughing.. Mar-vel one shot his shield.. yet poor old galactus can't even get through it without expending vital energy. You need to peddle this laughable theory to explain no shield be drawn or mentioned.. problem is.. it fall flat on it's face.. and hard. Feigning levity when you realize that your arguments have been shot to sh1t -- not hard btw -- isn't arming you with any pretense of accomplishment. Not for the third or fourth time. I've lost count at how many sad attempts you've made here.

????????

You used to be better at this... marginally speaking anyway. Then again, that could just be me looking back with rose-tinted glasses. Never mind, you were never better at this. All you're offering now is a knee-jerk response which can be boiled down to "Nuh uh, you aren't taking into account this completely irrelevant point that I'm being forced to resort to since I've got sh1t all."

KuRuPT Thanosi
So what was proved by the above scans is that Odin stepped up his attacks.. like he said and like what was shown? Yup thumbs up to that.. that is exactly what happened... Not some shield not drawn or alluded to.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by ODG
Feigning levity when you realize that your arguments have been shot to sh1t -- not hard btw -- isn't arming you with any pretense of accomplishment.

????????

You used to be better at this... marginally speaking anyway. Then again, that could just be me looking back with rose-tinted glasses. Never mind, you were never better at this. All you're offering now is a knee-jerk response which can be boiled down to "Nuh uh, you aren't taking into account this completely irrelevant point that I'm being forced to resort to since I've got sh1t all."

concession accepted then.. YOU do believe Mar-vell and Spiderman hit harder than Galactus... Thumbs up buddy.

ODG
concession accepted then.. YOU do believe Mar-vell and Spiderman hit harder than Galactus... Thumbs up buddy. Going quan-lite and going out on your false absolute that Thanos using invisible shielding -- thus explaining the elliptical splashing silhouette effect away from his body -- cannot possibly be true unless Thanos has his shields up all the time...

... is quite possibly the best move you've made in this thread yet. How that stands as an indictment on your behavior in this thread speaks for itself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
My behavior.. you mean like when you said how I resorted to name calling and what they meant and showed.. ONLY you were the first to do so.. and how you didn't address that for obvious reasons.. like that? Or like your laughable theory that Thanos ALWAYS has his shields up.. in every fight... only.. he doesn't.. Not sure which is worse or more laughable.. Damn Mar-vel hits pretty damn hard huh.. damn!!!

ODG
My behavior.. you mean like when you said how I resorted to name calling and what they meant and showed.. ONLY you were the first to do so.. and how you didn't address that for obvious reasons.. like that? Or like your laughable theory that Thanos ALWAYS has his shields up.. in every fight... only.. he doesn't.. Not sure which is worse or more laughable.. Damn Mar-vel hits pretty damn hard huh.. damn!!! That you would have to resort to completely lying about what my argument is, which is essentially Galan007's theory and point to a t...

... once again evinces how sorry your judgment here is. Feel free to argue against this imaginary person. I'm sure your false absolute fallacy will prove a wonderfully disarming gambit.

If you're just too scared to argue directly with us, then leave. Not like we give a sh1t.

carver9
It's pretty got darn clear Thanos was using his shields during that blast, its right there in front of your face. You see a circles around his body during the blast.WTF. The rest of Odin attacks didn't do the same thing because either...1). Thanos wasn't using his shields or 2). His shields was cracked. Don't understand what's so hard to comprehend.

celeyhyga17
After rereading the whole fight, I gotta say that Thanos did tank the first attack from Odin.

First off, it was Odin's initial attack. More often than not, first attacks are usually used as a barometer for what one is up against.

Second, we see both parties gradually increase their efforts as the battle progresses. We see this clear as day more so with Odin. A clear example was when he actually summoned Gungnir. That point can't get any clearer.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Miscellany/th_Warlock25-32.jpg
The mere fact that Thanos was able to tank such an effort from Odin leads me back to my first point. It is not far fetched to think that Thanos did in fact no sell the first blast from Odin. A blast that can easily be seen as a measuring stick.

Third, some of you have brought up "artist's interpretation" of a bubble. That can be plausible here because as in the panel with Odin's initial attack, we see another sort of bubble here where Odin attacks Thanos by hurling rocks/boulders. This time like the first, there is no mention or clear showing of Thanos creating a shield of any kind.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Miscellany/th_Warlock25-20.jpghttp://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Miscellany/th_Warlock25-26.jpg

Lastly, not once was there mention of Thanos using any shields of any kind. Not once. Even when Odin clearly increased his offensive output the writer and or artist never did explicitly show any use of any shielding. It is only fair to say that it is complete conjecture to say that Thanos used shielding during Odin's first attack.

I can still "sorta" see why anyone would believe Thanos used shielding given his penchant for such a tactic.

"Sorta"... shifty

ODG
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Third, some of you have brought up "artist's interpretation" of a bubble. That can be plausible here because as in the panel with Odin's initial attack, we see another sort of bubble here where Odin attacks Thanos by hurling rocks/boulders. This time like the first, there is no mention or clear showing of Thanos creating a shield of any kind.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Miscellany/th_Warlock25-20.jpghttp://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Miscellany/th_Warlock25-26.jpg Thanos is striking the rain of boulders. And that's the trail of energy his fist is leaving. You thought Thanos was being bowled over by that rock shower?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
Thanos is striking the rain of boulders. And that's the trail of energy his fist is leaving. You thought Thanos was being bowled over by that rock shower?

i saw it more as Thanos moving his arm to physically cover himself.

ODG
^ barker

Anyway, I trust that we now agree that what you initially described as a bubble is an energy trail left by Thanos' hand.

leonidas
i saw it more as Thanos moving his arm to physically cover himself.

confused

Damborgson
i saw it more as Thanos moving his arm to physically cover himself. I see it as him using energy to get rid of the boulders. You gotta admit that'd be an awkward way to hold up your arm if you weren't swinging it. I personally don't do it like that anyway.

Galan007
Crikey, Thanos very clearly hit the boulders with an energy-charged punch, subsequently leaving a trail of energy. I can say this with confidence, because in the panel just before Thanos punches said boulders, we can see his fists charging with energy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12986620_Untitled.jpg

Nihilist
Originally posted by ODG
Who said you could remove your foot from your mouth? What a pointlessly unextraordinary statement of non-fact.

And an elliptical splash isn't circular. Genius at work here. bwhahaha everything I said was fact, it shut down your baseless theory easy.

I'm still waiting on you showing scans of a sheild that's moulded to Thanos body shape

zopzop
YOU do believe Mar-vell and Spiderman hit harder than Galactus... Thumbs up buddy.
thumb up
This is it in a nutshell.

A fxxking non-starving Galactus had to strain and he still couldn't one shot Thanos' shields. Yet Odin can "casually" bust them?

Whatever.....

ODG
^ PG Thor broke them. Are you being intentionally retarded? All evidence certainly suggests so. Originally posted by Nihilist
bwhahaha everything I said was fact, it shut down your baseless theory easy.

I'm still waiting on you showing scans of a sheild that's moulded to Thanos body shape Why do I have to show closely molded body shields when it was clearly a spherical shape splashing away the energy?

Do you even keep track of your own demands? Or are you just furiously typing responses in the hopes that something might accidentally click and present me with pause?

carver9
I agree that their feats were similar in some areas, but a few things...

Galan made a good argument on the shields Thanos use.

Galan007
Thanos possesses 2 types of shields-- personal shields he generates himself, and shields generated by his tech. PG Thor (who was weaker than Odin) easily broke Thanos' personal shielding with a single swat... Conversely, Galactus (who is much more powerful than either Odin or PG Thor) was hard-pressed to breach Thanos' tech-based shielding. ie. tech shielding>personal shielding.

Suffice to say, the shield Thanos employed vs. Odin certainly wouldn't have been backed by his tech-- hence why Odin could've broken it so easily.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
^ barker

Anyway, I trust that we now agree that what you initially described as a bubble is an energy trail left by Thanos' hand.

Crikey, Thanos very clearly hit the boulders with an energy-charged punch, subsequently leaving a trail of energy. I can say this with confidence, because in the panel just before Thanos punches said boulders, we can see his fists charging with energy:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12986620_Untitled.jpg

I can definitely see it that way...
But going back to the subject of the initial attack, I'm still leaning towards no use of shielding...
argue

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Galan made a good argument on the shields Thanos use.

Yo Carvster... You should try out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders kiiid...

youpi

Nihilist
Originally posted by ODG
^ PG Thor broke them. Are you being intentionally retarded? All evidence certainly suggests so. Why do I have to show closely molded body shields when it was clearly a spherical shape splashing away the energy?

Do you even keep track of your own demands? Or are you just furiously typing responses in the hopes that something might accidentally click and present me with pause? because every time Thanos used a sheild it was shown to be at least a foot or two away from his body, yet this one time you expect us to believe he used one only a few inches away from his body that he never used again or was shown to break or shatter! Lulz

It must have been a very close sheild as the energy even filtered inches above he head. Gtfo with your hopeful bullshit

Nihilist
Hell the sheild he put up against Drax was visible and circular like I've said all along

TheGodKiller
Again, Champion has trounced many of the finest heralds out there with a few blows: Surfer, Drax, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Warlock, etc-- they were beaten so badly that they nearly died as a result, and were forced to recuperate in a medical ward afterward. He also walked through Thanos' energy blasts, and broke his tech-shields(which is, to this very day, quite unprecedented.) In fact, Thanos himself stated that Champ purposefully stopped his melee just before delivering the "killing blow".

Good, then we agree. thumb up

Thanos opted to fight Thor physically. He did not, however, battle Champion with the same physicality-- he used more shielding/teleportation... He sought to avoid a purely physical confrontation with Champ(and for good reason.) That much was stated by Thanos himself.
Those were one-on-one fights(not to mention the opponents were restricted to pure h2h , in accordance with that planet's law) , which , while being more or less impressive , can't really be compared to Thor taking on the IW solo .

Galan007
I can definitely see it that way...
But going back to the subject of the initial attack, I'm still leaning towards no use of shielding...
argue To each his own. wink

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Those were one-on-one fights(not to mention the opponents were restricted to pure h2h , in accordance with that planet's law) , which , while being more or less impressive , can't really be compared to Thor taking on the IW solo . A single part of my post, partially removed from context, doesn't properly convey what I was saying there.

TheGodKiller
A single part of my post, partially removed from context, doesn't properly convey what I was saying there.
I perfectly understand what you were saying , and I agree with your stance about this battle , just that those particular feats(performed individually against each of those guys) of Champ can't really be compared to Thor taking on a considerable bunch of the IW on his own . IMO .

Galan007
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I perfectly understand what you were saying , and I agree with your stance about this battle , just that those particular feats(performed individually against each of those guys) of Champ can't really be compared to Thor taking on a considerable bunch of the IW on his own . IMO . True. However, I wasn't trying to make a direct comparison.

My main point is that Champion nearly killed some of the most powerful high-heralds in Marvel... With like 1-4 punches a piece. As I mentioned before, said heralds were injured so severely that they required a seemingly high-level of medical care afterward in order to recuperate. Take Surfer, for instance-- sans fighting Galactus himself(or a being of a comparable level of power), I can't recall him ever being injured to that extent from a one-on-one battle... Let alone with such little effort expended by his opponent. Same with Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Warlock, etc.

^^That + the fact that Champ literally walked through Thanos' energy blasts + the fact that he broke through Thanos' tech-based shielding(a task even Galactus himself was hard-pressed to accomplish) + the fact that Thanos himself stated that Champ purposefully stopped his melee just short of victory + the fact that Champ, fairly easily, destroyed the planet they were on = my reasoning for believing his gem-feat>Thor's.

...Still think this particular battle is a stalemate if it says h2h, though.

---

That aside, Champion already explained that he, being an Elder, naturally has a greater bond with his gem than any other being in creation-- a bond so great that he can apparently take back the PG from any other wielder IF he so chooses:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/12989940_page02.jpg

...So that's also something to think about here.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>