Death & War vs Dante & Nero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Everyone is at full power.

Kazenji
The horsemen.

BloodRain
If Death is the same as War from the first game, Nero takes them both.

MooCowofJustice
From the fifteen minutes I suffered through of Darksiders, War was a being that existed as a separate entity from Heaven and Hell, with the entirety of his game involving him fighting off the forces of both on his own just to get his powers back.

That seems on another level from all I suffered through of Devil May Cry 4.

BloodRain
Tbh I was expecting a lot from those first few minutes, with the 'badass approaching' alarm going off through the cinematic. But there wasn't much in the game.

Punching a Tram, fighting large beasts and the intro of him crashing through some buildings from falling from sky to ground. Cant remember anything shown besides that.

Estacado
Lulz War would whoop Nero's ass let's not talk about Death.

BloodRain
Why? No strength of speed feats come to mind.

Probably missing something from DS and everything from DS2, so do tell if I have.

Estacado
Maybe because all of War feats from DS1 were done in a depowered state..
As for Death he is like classes above War.....he has teleportation attacks,shields,can summon undead crows which are integnable ,steal life force and freeze enemies and they can't be hurt,can amp his strenght,duplicate himself,doesn't lose speed in his true form in which he can fly and has teleport rush and nigh invulnerable and many more.

Kazenji
For War there's that little tussle he has with Ulthane.....not sure if this is video, i remember Ulthane using the hammer on War.

Iqp7Fi0aTEk

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
From the fifteen minutes I suffered through of Darksiders,

Yeah you''ve got an real opinion on quality games...

Estacado
From the fifteen minutes I suffered through of Darksiders, War was a being that existed as a separate entity from Heaven and Hell, with the entirety of his game involving him fighting off the forces of both on his own just to get his powers back.

That seems on another level from all I suffered through of Devil May Cry 4.
War and Death are a part of the Nephilim species which is half demon half angel...they are the more powerful then both of the other races when men were given Eden the Nephilim rebelled and wanted to take the realm for their own...War,Death ,Stryfe and Fury knew this is going to threaten balance so they made a deal with the Charred council in exchange for great power to slay their kind to make sure balance won't be threated after that they became the 4 horseman and killed the Nephilim.In D2 they mention Death doing most of the job after slaying all of their race Death imprissoned their souls in his amulet.
Also it was said that if Death was about to revive the Nephilim he could conquer all the realms.So in other words if the 7th seal is broken the horseman could slay all of heaven and hell without much problem.

NemeBro
Nothing you said implied that Nero or Dante wouldn't steamroll War like he was a punk.

Based on feats, no character in the series is on their level.

War is in every way a poor-man's Kratos.

Estacado
Originally posted by NemeBro
Nothing you said implied that Nero or Dante wouldn't steamroll War like he was a punk.

Based on feats, no character in the series is on their level.

War is in every way a poor-man's Kratos.
Show me 1 feat that puts Nero above War...

NemeBro
Phuck no, you should be ashamed of yourself for forcing me to make a single post supporting DMC.

Estacado
Wait what did Nero do again?Beat some nameless demons crushed a statue and beat another idiot who thought he could control the power of Sparda..oh wait he couldn't also he lost to Dante....

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Estacado
War and Death are a part of the Nephilim species which is half demon half angel...they are the more powerful then both of the other races

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else before...

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah you''ve got an real opinion on quality games...

You've a problem with my taste in video games? If so, keep it to yourself. Thanks.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else before... From some shitty up upcoming game perhaps?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Phanteros
From some shitty up upcoming game perhaps?

Not really, no.

CosmicComet
War is too weak, too slow, too everything for even Nero. Let alone Dante.

Don't know shit about Death.

BlackZero30x
Dante would be a little tough for the horsemen imo. Nero not so much but they should watch out for his arm as I think everyone is over looking its ability to absorb supernatural artifacts and use its powers. So if he literally got his hand on their weapons he could possibly absorb them

CosmicComet
War is far too slow to touch Nero.

BlackZero30x
well I dont know much about death as sadly I have yet to play the game but from what I read I really don't see him(or war for that matter)above Dante.

Estacado
War is not slow as you can remember the 4th chosen Silitha was a teleporter so if he can tag and avoid her I bet he can tag Nero as well.

Oh and I'm sure Death would be a match for Dante.
He also beat Samael at fp and he was still not at full power cause the seal wasn't broken

BlackZero30x
what are deaths comparable feats? Ooh and powerset?....

I wish I had the money to buy DS2 sad I was planing on getting the CE with deaths mask but I utterly failed at being able to get it.

EDIT: just read your edit. Dante beat mundus and neo anglo

CosmicComet
Beating a teleporter doesn't mean much.

The teleporter in question still needs super reflexes in order to be considered fast.

Estacado
So the powers are
Death grip :which is like Nero's devil bringer can grapple enemies objects and pull them closer.
Soul splitter : Death can split into 2
Rebellion: Stryfe pistol with infinite ammo
Void/phase walker:for teleportation and time travel.
Teleport slash:Long distant teleport attack which steals health and adds it to Death.
Has elemental effects like putting target on fire or freezing it
Unstoppable: greatly increases strenght its like a berserker mode
Harverster:Turns into Reaper does a 360 spin scythe attack
Tornado: Death scatter his body into a magical tornado you can also move while doing this.
Ghouls: Death summons apeshit crazy zombies which attack the target and explode after taking too much damage
Murder:He summons like ghost crows which are invulnerable they also drain health and freeze enemies
Aegis shield: a magical bubble shield which reduces damage to minimal increases magic damage and spams lightning around him.
Soul attack(forgot the name):That releases his energies which look like floating soul which attack the enemy.
Also Death almost uses his true form in every fight he is nigh invulnerable has teleport dash can fly and greatly increases strenght it's like War's chaos form but with no speed loss.

&Zero
Death beath the Avator of Chaos...which was about to take over and consume most of the realms.

BlackZero30x
Dante has(as you may know)

Charged sword and gun attacks. (gun attacks also unlimited ammo)
multiple Devil trig modes some more powerful then others.
His different fighting styles offer him different ability's such as teleporting and shields.

Also in royal guard he could transform his devil trig so his shields are much more powerful. He showed the ability to transform into a "sparda" devil trig also.

and like I said he defeated mundus which is basically the devil in DMC.

His durability is crazy high also. Even in the first scene of DMC3 when the demons attack hes fighting with blades sticking out of his body as if it doesn't even bother him.

EDIT: just read your other edit lol Thats pretty awesome! I wanna play it real bad. anyways sounds like they would be closer matched then being superior to one another. I would say it depends on how well Nero can use his arm....and he has yamato.

Estacado
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Dante has(as you may know)

Charged sword and gun attacks. (gun attacks also unlimited ammo)
multiple Devil trig modes some more powerful then others.
His different fighting styles offer him different ability's such as teleporting and shields.

Also in royal guard he could transform his devil trig so his shields are much more powerful. He showed the ability to transform into a "sparda" devil trig also.

and like I said he defeated mundus which is basically the devil in DMC.

His durability is crazy high also. Even in the first scene of DMC3 when the demons attack hes fighting with blades sticking out of his body as if it doesn't even bother him.

EDIT: just read your other edit lol Thats pretty awesome! I wanna play it real bad. anyways sounds like they would be closer matched then being superior to one another. I would say it depends on how well Nero can use his arm....and he has yamato.
Death is pretty much an ass character most of the time he fights in his normal form and at the end he just turns into the Reaper and rage stomps..big grin
The game is pretty badass story is not as good as the first one but it has a great adventure rpg feel to it....
Yeah they are pretty close to each other Imo.

Also he has a pretty bad ass signature move which is him puting up his hand and summoning his reaper scythe above the enemy and does an "air strike" on them.

NemeBro
I'm sure I've heard that somewhere else before... Oh, could it be the Bible, maybe?

Diablo didn't invent the Nephilim concept, you filthy ****ing prostitute.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Beating a teleporter doesn't mean much.

The teleporter in question still needs super reflexes in order to be considered fast. Yup got into more then a few debates about such feats. People don't realize the teleporter had to be out to attack still so it's still a matter of how fast they can react.

NemeBro
This reminds me of when the Link fanboys were saying Link reacting to a teleporting Zant means he can react to Sephiroth.

What a bunch of losers.

ScreamPaste
This reminds me of when the Link fanboys were saying Link reacting to a teleporting Zant means he can react to Sephiroth.

What a bunch of losers.
This reminds me of when Sephiroth fanboys claimed he was c.

Gtfo. Also, you never even finished TP. Get at me.

ArtificialGlory
Oh, could it be the Bible, maybe?

Diablo didn't invent the Nephilim concept, you filthy ****ing prostitute.

It invented Nephalem as offspring of Angels and Demons who are more powerful than both.

NemeBro
It invented Nephalem as offspring of Angels and Demons who are more powerful than both. No it didn't, you filthy harlot.

BloodRain
So the powers are
Death grip :which is like Nero's devil bringer can grapple enemies objects and pull them closer. ✓ Nero can also use the spectral hand to hold the object/opponent held up in front of him, used either as a shield or just to hold them in place while he strikes.
Soul splitter : Death can split into 2 ✓ Doppelganger
Rebellion: Stryfe pistol with infinite ammo ✓
Void/phase walker:for teleportation and time travel. ✓, for teleport, not time travel.
Teleport slash:Long distant teleport attack which steals health and adds it to Death. ✓
Has elemental effects like putting target on fire or freezing it ✓ Hell Ice and Hell Fire
Unstoppable: greatly increases strenght its like a berserker mode ✓
Harverster:Turns into Reaper does a 360 spin scythe attack ✓
Aegis shield: a magical bubble shield which reduces damage to minimal increases magic damage and spams lightning around him.✓
Also Death almost uses his true form in every fight he is nigh invulnerable has teleport dash can fly and greatly increases strenght it's like War's chaos form but with no speed loss.
✓ Devil Trigger

Dante is able to do all of these. None of the rest. Though summoning crows, zombies and floating souls against the demon hunters is barely a distraction.

Other Dante powers include;
-An array of rockets and lasers, small to human sized beams.
-Spam sword beam slashes.
-Low telekinesis able to carry a person or deflect strong attacks.
-Lucifer's nigh unlimited blades that he can throw, have float around him or be launched with a thought. One of the explosive blades can split a 30ft tall rock monolith in half.
-Ifrit's Hell fire that can easily destroy Abyss demons, the same ice demons that can bathe in magma with no ill effects.
-Gauntlets that make him several times stronger.
-Yamato can cut through nearly anything, can be long range or fill the area with dozens of dimensional slashes with a single cut.
-Royal Guard allowing him to block and absorb any damage (multi-city block) and use that energy to restore health, create an armour (can effortlessly tank multi-city block+ attacks) or put all of the built up energy into a single attack.
-Decent, fast regeneration (walking around with a few scythe blades stabbed into him, healing from being cut in two from the waist before the cuts shown).
-BFR charged shots that seal the foe in hell.
-Quicksilver can slow time around Dante to a thousandth normal speed, Bangle of Time being able to stop time.

This on top of his Hypersonic+ speed and strength to stop the attacks of a 500ft tall stone statue/demon. Nero lacks many abilities (Only has exploding bullets, strong fire/explosive slashes, Yamato, Devil Trigger and low regeneration) but he is still far stronger and faster than War and can take any of the powers listed from Death up there.

Death, War & Death's clone vs Nero; Nero would still dominate.

Estacado
Ok so now we know Nero alone can beat them.....haermm
Even though he doesn't have any feats to back this up....
Thread can be closed now.

Estacado
As for Death War stabbed him in the stomach with Chaoseater he didn't even feel pain then he pulled out the sword and cut War's arm off........also has slain the Nephilim a race who are powerful enought to conquer the Universe..he overpowered and beat a demon who is as powerful as the Devil himself and beat the Avatar of Chaos who was infecting and consuming multiple realms like heaven ,makers realm(creator of all the realms),Earth and many more...all this in a depowered state except for the Nephilim thing.

BloodRain
"he overpowered and beat a demon who is as powerful as the Devil himself and beat the Avatar of Chaos"

Those are the plots of DMC 1 and 2.

The only thing that stands out as a feat there is 'infecting realms', thing is that infection isnt great as a standalone power. Ill do some research (as in watching a walkthrough like a lazy ***) will be done for the other next thread.

Estacado
Originally posted by BloodRain
"he overpowered and beat a demon who is as powerful as the Devil himself and beat the Avatar of Chaos"

Those are the plots of DMC 1 and 2.

The only thing that stands out as a feat there is 'infecting realms', thing is that infection isnt great as a standalone power. Ill do some research (as in watching a walkthrough like a lazy ***) will be done for the other next thread.
He did those while being depowered......since the 7th seal was not broken he was only allowed to use a fraction of his power.

BloodRain
A human from DMC2 using a fraction of the Chaos demons power was able to affect the whole area (island or continent), and by powerscaling this Chaos demon is above a demon that created a planet sized demon gate. Dante /effortlessly/ defeated the Chaos demon. Thats without the massive power up from Devil Trigger, or using his full power Majin form that makes his devil trigger look like a mere caffeine high.

Only seen the first half hour of DS2, them assaulting the heaven/hell/earth realm is only as impressive as the inhabitants they conquered. Earthlings are nothing, and the demons/angels havnt shown to be that threatening as the weakened War/Death can defeat them solo. And as impressive as taking on a whole race is, each Nephilim was vastly weaker than each horseman. The horsemen being Nephilim gifted with godly powers.

The first fight against the Crow guy, right? He wasnt stabbed, the blade went to his side/behind him.

Estacado
No War stabbing Death was from the comic which is prologue to Ds1.
Just because War and Death are beating angels and demons that doesn't mean they are weak that's downplaying the horseman...ermm
I guess Samael is weak aswell since death got the better of him while "weakened".

BloodRain
So he did.

Not really. If War was stripped of the bulk of his powers, he wouldn't be that much more impressive than his Nephilim self. If the angels and demons aren't much of a threat to this weakened War by himself, a whole race of his kind defeating these same angels/demons isn't a big deal.

Estacado
So he did.

Not really. If War was stripped of the bulk of his powers, he wouldn't be that much more impressive than his Nephilim self. If the angels and demons aren't much of a threat to this weakened War by himself, a whole race of his kind defeating these same angels/demons isn't a big deal.
War was stripped from the bulk of his powers in Ds1.
Yet he beat the Chosen of the Destroyer and the Destroyer himself though he did use the only weapon that was able to destroy him.

Oh and both wear Abyssal armor which increases strenght,durability and health regen/hit.

KingD19
Samael with his powers intact(after War got him the hearts) matter of factly told War he could end him with no problems whatsoever. Whether he meant while War was weakened or fully empowered I don't know. However, Samael at the height of his power was trash talking Lilith, and was considered next in line for the throne in Hell, as well as a threat to Lucifer himself. And Lilith was nothing before Lucifer.

Now if a weakened Death(as the 7th Seal hasn't been broken) beat a full powered Samael(a threat and rival in power to one of the most powerful beings in existence), that shows just how powerful he truly is.

Estacado
Originally posted by KingD19
Samael with his powers intact(after War got him the hearts) matter of factly told War he could end him with no problems whatsoever. Whether he meant while War was weakened or fully empowered I don't know. However, Samael at the height of his power was trash talking Lilith, and was considered next in line for the throne in Hell, as well as a threat to Lucifer himself. And Lilith was nothing before Lucifer.

Now if a weakened Death(as the 7th Seal hasn't been broken) beat a full powered Samael(a threat and rival in power to one of the most powerful beings in existence), that shows just how powerful he truly is.
Samael had the demon key which was required for Death to open the entrance to the Well of Souls from where he could ressurect humanity.
Samael didn't want to give the key willingly so they had to fight ....first he caught Death off guard by teleporting behind him and threw him over then he ported again and they did a small test of strenght which Death won...after they began to fight Samael wasn't serious at first but as the fight went on Death was seemingly tiring him out and he backed off after the first blood hit on him and gave the Demon key to Death and ported away.
Also Death didn't use his Reaper form in the fight which would obviously give him a better chance also he uses it in almost every battle except this one.

Also the 7th seal wasn't broken a previous boss mentions this and also mocks Death that he doesn't have the power of the seals behind him and without it he is very weak.

BloodRain
Im not sure how strong Neph's are, but if they can't compare to the Horsemen with their powers then beating their race doesn't say much for their power.

Basically beating featless race conquers that are weaker than the gifted Horsemen is not a big feat in itself. Still holding on the the fact that beating the Destroyer and the Avatar of Chaos as being the best things mentioned.

Estacado
Im not sure how strong Neph's are, but if they can't compare to the Horsemen with their powers then beating their race doesn't say much for their power.

Basically beating featless race conquers that are weaker than the gifted Horsemen is not a big feat in itself. Still holding on the the fact that beating the Destroyer and the Avatar of Chaos as being the best things mentioned.
The Nephilim are powerful enough to conquer all the realms as said by Lilith....the horseman were given godly powers by the Charred Council to enable them to slay the nephilim because no one were able to stop them.
So conquering hell and heaven doesn't seem that weak to me.

It's not like anyone from the bad guys in DMC 4 has any feats.....

BloodRain
I didn't hear anything about no one being able to stop them. The four just got tired of the pointless slaughter and made a deal to gain more power to stop them. That and its not like they were the only ones fighting the race. Apparently the Hellguard were fighting the Nephilim while the Horsemen were.

It was less conquering and more an ongoing battle.

In DMC4? Besides intangible, lightning, absolute zero and Hellfire demons, they actually come with physical feats.
Decent mooks are supersonic which is already faster than anything DS has shown, mid-tiers like Berial and Credo are about hypersonic and have strength feats equal to that of the Horsemen .

Whereas Dante and Nero are faster than than anything in DMC4 and are stronger than the Savior.

Estacado
You must have missed the part where the actions of the Nephilim were threatening Balance itself......also as I said atleast 10 times if Death was about to ressurrect them they would conquer all off existence....
Ok so now even Berial or Credo could beat the Horseman...haermm

Tzeentch._
You've a problem with my taste in video games? If so, keep it to yourself. Thanks. To be fair, you have literally like, the worst taste of any human being on planet Earth.

NemeBro
Yeah, it's not really that what you like is always bad (Though it sometimes is), but really, you hate really awesome things for really lame reasons.

BloodRain
You must have missed the part where the actions of the Nephilim were threatening Balance itself......also as I said atleast 10 times if Death was about to ressurrect them they would conquer all off existence....

You've never once mentioned them being resurrected, nor is existence in this case a large scale .

Threatening the balance between Heaven and Hell doesn't mean anything by itself, less as " feared their conquest would imperil the Balance.". The Horsemen themselves thought that they would endanger the Balance with the path they were on.

And this is a whole race. The majority of the realms inhabitants are fodder, the only things to note are the strong characters that we can confirm the fought against; the Hellguard and any groups like them. Thats a few groups of military angels (or demons if they have something similar) against an entire race of warriors. The fact that the Angels/Demons didn't lose the battle in a single night to such a high number bodes well for them.

Forces like these were able to hold off the Nephilim's (to some degree), the same forces that were doing battle with them at the same time the Horsemen were.

A feat on this level is that of Sparda's. He fought and defeated the king of hell and his army, with great numbers seeing there are more demons than humans. After the defeat he drove all the demons back into Hell he used his power to seal off the realm from the human one.

And he did all that by himself. The army of Hell, their Elites and the King vs One, and the One won.

Dante is now above Sparda.

Ok so now even Berial or Credo could beat the Horseman...

The Horsemen may prevail with their non-physical skills, but yes, by feats Credo is as strong as War/Death but far faster.

BlackZero30x
I forgot to mention Dante also has time manipulation ability as well as being able to create doppelgangers lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.