Thor, Silver Surfer, Ironman(Extremis) vs Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern(Hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
Which team takes this? Marvel or DC

ColossusGrundy
Supes over Thor
Hal would be a better match for Surfer... probably stalemate for a while if it's Hal from his solo book

WW over IM

ends up 3 on 1 and they beat Surfer

Good fight though.

abhilegend
Preboot?

Damborgson
Either way for Thor and Superman. If I had to pick though Thor will win the majority.

Surfer can handle wondy.

Ironman gets worked by Hal.

So it's an exhausted Thor and relatively healthy Surfer vs what should be an A ok Hal.

Team 1 for the slight majority.

abhilegend
Team 2 for a slight majority. And no, surfer can't beat diana easily.

DarkOdin
Team 2

THor or Surfer is a good match for any 1 on team 2

But Iron man would get owned by any of the 3 on the other team

Man why have people been putting Iron man in the high herald range

pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
Agreed

Surfer would have an easier time versus supes, Thor could beat GL, and ironman has the ability to stall Diana for a while

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Agreed

Surfer would have an easier time versus supes, Thor could beat GL, and ironman has the ability to stall Diana for a while
Surfer vs superman can go either way though superman would win more often than not. Surfer would take diana out but it wouldn't be easy.

armedforbattle
Surfer takes out supes
Thor takes out wonder Woman
And like in every thread people act like ironman is a pushover. Tony can at least hold off hal until surfer or thor win their fights.

Marvel 8/10

JakeTheBank
Team DC.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Team 2

THor or Surfer is a good match for any 1 on team 2

But Iron man would get owned by any of the 3 on the other team

Man why have people been putting Iron man in the high herald range
becaude he is high-herald
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6381429

Thats his respect thread. Take a look sometime, hes actually pretty impressive.
Especially his current suit. And hes only getting better.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man isn't High Herald.

He's consistently High Meta (about as high as you can get, imo) with Low Herald showings, though.

ColossusGrundy
Dunno where the "thor can take supes" argument came from......

Supes clearly stomps Thor.

WW beats IM... she's not gonna stand there and let him fire at her.. one lasso and she's got a plaything to swing around.

Hal and Surfer is the most interesting potential fight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Dunno where the "thor can take supes" argument came from......

Supes clearly stomps Thor.

WW beats IM... she's not gonna stand there and let him fire at her.. one lasso and she's got a plaything to swing around.

Hal and Surfer is the most interesting potential fight.

Probably from feats and showings against foes of similar power level and what not.

It's feasible he'd get a majority on Thor, but a hard fought one. Not a "stomp" in any sense of the word.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

He's consistently High Meta (about as high as you can get, imo) with Low Herald showings, though.

We should make a tier just for him... He does impressive shiet for a high meta.

let's call him himetalowrald

Zack Fair
Team 2.

ColossusGrundy
Probably from feats and showings against foes of similar power level and what not.

It's feasible he'd get a majority on Thor, but a hard fought one. Not a "stomp" in any sense of the word.

Happened before with JLA n Avengers... I would expect it again.

JakeTheBank
Happened before with JLA n Avengers... I would expect it again.

Not sure how you can look at that fight and claim it was a stomp...?

ColossusGrundy
Not sure how you can look at that fight and claim it was a stomp...?

Watching Supes put up with thor until catching his hammer and walloping him to a KO.

That's a stomp, doesnt matter what happened after

JakeTheBank
Watching Supes put up with thor until catching his hammer and walloping him to a KO.

That's a stomp, doesnt matter what happened after

In which Superman was clearly struggling and didn't do so easily and then proclaimed that Thor was one of the toughest single foes he'd faced.

How is that a one sided stomp? Quick answer is it's not, but I'm curious as to your reasoning.

I have no problem with people thinking Superman > Thor or even using Avengers/JLA as reasoning why, but it's clear that that fight - and crossover as a whole - portrayed them as peers in power and that such a fight is anything but a "stomp".

Not sure how people can read it and think anything otherwise, tbh.

-Pr-
Superman didn't stomp Thor.

ColossusGrundy
Looking at current Thor... I have no problem believing Supes would stomp him. He hasn't had a good showing in ages.

The Supes vs Thor fight was an excellent showing for Thor... I'd almost call it PIS that he hung in there as long as he did.

If Marvel wants Thor to have more respect, they need to stop his infernal jobbing.

celeyhyga17
Looking at current Thor... I have no problem believing Supes would stomp him. He hasn't had a good showing in ages.

The Supes vs Thor fight was an excellent showing for Thor... I'd almost call it PIS that he hung in there as long as he did.

If Marvel wants Thor to have more respect, they need to stop his infernal jobbing. jawdrop

JakeTheBank

If Marvel wants Thor to have more respect, they need to stop his infernal jobbing.

He's had good showings since he came back in '07 up until AvX, and still has some good feats in the event such as phasing the Phoenix Force incarnate and resisting Rachel and Emma. Fraction's Thor took Surfer to the limit and crashed through Galactus' head. Before that, he staggered a time displaced Galactus in Avengers. During Fear Itself, after being beaten up by Odin and BFRed by the Serpent, fought two grossly amped versions of Hulk and Thing and won. During Chaos War he battled Glory and managed to effect Chaos King. In Fraction's current run, Thor basically raped an amped Ulik the fastest he's ever done and destroyed the heart of the Demogorge. So, no, the idea that Thor hasn't had a good showing in ages is an inaccurate one as AvX, a currently ongoing event, doesn't invalidate all of Thor's past showings, especially when said event is chockfull of PIS and horrible writing beyond that of simply Thor's showings.

Not sure if you're trolling here or are serious? Given Thor's feats around the time JLA/Avengers was published and before that, it was well within his capability to last as long as he did.

Won't disagree on that, but AvX doesn't trump all of Thor's feats in the recent continuity of Thor comics since he came back at the hands of JMS.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman didn't stomp Thor.

Of course he didn't. thumb up

Zack Fair
Supes could barely stand IMO.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Supes could barely stand IMO.
Nope. He took two repulsors beams point blank from a heavily amped Iron man who koed wonder woman and kyle rayner in a single beam each and a punch from wonder man before going down. How's that being barely able to stand? Superman was portrayed superior but it wasn't a stomp.

Damborgson

Team 1 for a slight majority. Don't know who you're saying that to since I never said it. I guess reassuring yourself?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Team 1 for a slight majority. Don't know who you're saying that to since I never said it. I guess reassuring yourself?
I was just giving my opinion. The way thor is getting koed now, a stray hv blast would be suffice for him.uhuh

Damborgson
I was just giving my opinion. The way thor is getting koed now, a stray hv blast would be suffice for him.uhuh

Aight.

For your information, Thor has only been KO'd around 26 times in the last 3 months. Your logic is baselss. uhuh

stick out tongue

abhilegend
Aight.

For your information, Thor has only been KO'd around 26 times in the last 3 months. Your logic is baselss. uhuh

stick out tongue
Goooooood, gooooood.

Yep, we need more instances of thor getting koed by random fodder to say for sure. Why not get thor koed by tripping and falling on mjolnir? That would seal the deal.

Damborgson
Goooooood, gooooood.

Yep, we need more instances of thor getting koed by random fodder to say for sure. Why not get thor koed by tripping and falling on mjolnir? That would seal the deal.

Oh yeah that did my heart good. Thor getting worked by nameless fodder asking for the Hulk to come out soon...

Or more blatant PIS. Deadpool shrinks Thor....so therefore Mjolnir kills him?

Blair Wind

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
We should make a tier just for him... He does impressive shiet for a high meta.

let's call him himetalowrald

thumb up

I've made the case before that Iron Man should be considered Low Herald. He gets pretty much screwed against anyone in this match (unless he can configure his armor to absorb and get amped via GL energies) but he's probably the most versatile non magic/power cosmic character in existence - excluding skyfathers or above. If there is a power for it, he's probably had a tech equivalent at some point.

abhilegend
Oh yeah that did my heart good. Thor getting worked by nameless fodder asking for the Hulk to come out soon...

Or more blatant PIS. Deadpool shrinks Thor....so therefore Mjolnir kills him?
Yeah, you should feel good as a thorbag.

That was PIS. Thor should be in coma by that many lasers.

Wade should've just shoot him.sneer

Damborgson
Yeah, you should feel good as a thorbag.

That was PIS. Thor should be in coma by that many lasers.

Wade should've just shoot him.sneer

Who told you I'm a Thorbag? It's pretty well know that I'm a gamma tard.

Yeah he should have...but he knew he'd have more luck with Superman.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58424/1545041-71765779sg3.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/awepedo.gif

abhilegend
Who told you I'm a Thorbag? It's pretty well know that I'm a gamma tard.

Yeah he should have...but he knew he'd have more luck with Superman.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/58424/1545041-71765779sg3.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/awepedo.gif
A fairy told me.

Context, dog.

carver9
Ironman is underated and can give any Herald imo a run for their money. Winning is the problem. Team 1 wins by the way, Surfer is the most powerful on the field by far.

Damborgson
A fairy told me.

Context, dog.

Liquid kryptonites a *****

DTM
Gotta go with Team DC, as I believe Iron Man to be a bit out of his league here (hell do well, Im sure, but I wouldnt give him the win over any on Team DC)

armedforbattle
Originally posted by carver9
Ironman is underated and can give any Herald imo a run for their money

janus77
Team Surfer ftw.
Surfer would easily power-past GL and keep IM in the fight with whoever he's fighting (Superman or WW).

Thor should be able to keep in the fight with either WW or Supes, long enough for Surfer to finish with his man.

The Sorrow
Iron Man can hold his own against Hal for a while but he isn't winning, Thor vs Superman would be a big brawl, but Surfer can get a majority over anyone on Team 2. If Iron Man and Thor can hold off there man long enough for Surfer to defeat WW and back them up I'd favour the Marvel side, if not then DC.

Newjak
I don't care how you swing it Iron-Man is the weak link here.

Superman vs Thor - Is always going to be a tough fight for either one.

Surfer/Hal is a tough one.

If Marvel were to a chance I would say it would need to be Thor vs Hal - I think Thor is custom made to beat GLs.

Surfer vs Superman. I think Surfer could keep Superman distracted with his blend of long range abilities and speed.

And if Ironman played it extremely intelligent against Wonder Woman by keeping her at bay using his plethora of abilities to 'possibly' slow her down.

Even then I would say it's a long shot cause Diana is insanely powerful and none of the other matches are guaranteed wins by any stretch of the imagination.

Mindship
As was mentioned above, Iron Man is the (relatively) weak link.

Plus: if everyone's fighting in character, Surfer and Thor are the most hampered by CIS, whereas Superman makes extremely creative use of his powers.

I am inclined to give this to Team DC, barely.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.