Which is your favorite Mel Gibson Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaimin26783
Lethal Weapon Series
Mad Max Series
Braveheart
Gallipoli
The Bounty
Payback
Signs

Myth
Should have had an "other" option, but I chose the Lethal Weapon series.

Patient_Leech
Of that list i'd say Braveheart is the best, but i think ones he directed should be seperate from what he was just acting in. Apocalypto should be on there. I also liked Edge of Darkness. I think Mel is a great filmmaker, and it's a shame he's tarnished his reputation, cuz his personal life and films are very separate in my mind. My faves:

Braveheart
Apocalypto
Mad Max series
Payback

Supposedly he's wanting to do a Viking movie written by the same guy who wrote Braveheart. I really hope that gets off the ground..

super pr*xy
starring: braveheart
directing: apocalypto and the passion

quanchi112
Where the hell is Forever Young ?

the ninjak
Maverick...hands down his best film!

Maverick is one of my favourite films of all time.

-Pr-
At first I was thinking "Payback, has to be Payback", then I remembered all the other ones he'd done :s

Payback, but closely followed by Braveheart, Apocalypto and Lethal Weapon.

Impediment
Ransom and Lethal Weapon for me.

the ninjak
Mel is awesome! I agree with the above....

Payback was a great gangster revenge flick.
Ransom a great telling of a desperate father's seeking of desperate vengeance against his child's kidnappers.
The Lethal Weapons were his action hero duo epics.
Braveheart......a beautiful recreation of William Wallace's struggle for his peoples freedom.
My personal fav Maverick. A man's adventure in the Wild West in seeking the money to enter a high stakes poker tournament whilst all allies seek to rid him of every dime and dollar.

I see no mention of Mad Max. The Road Warrior. A cop in the post apocalyptic Australian future where a man seeks petrol to keep his car going and food to keep his dog and himself alive. Keeping killers at bay as much as Death's grip.

I didn't mind Get the Gringo. A professionals survival in a Mexican communal prison. Eager to retain his stolen money.

I also liked Conspiracy Theory. It was entertaining.

But I don't think people will remember his most powerful performance...Gallipoli.
The Australian's destined noble defeat against the Turkish upon their disastrous entry onto their beaches during WWI.
The British sending Australian soldiers in like fodder with rifles kept on safety, butchered to death in one of the most anti-war films ever made.
Gibson's character Frank cries as his best friend runs to his death in the finale is simply more powerful than anything he has ever done.

Z0Ankn-AzC4

rudester
forever young as well.

Jim Colyer
My favorite Mel Gibson movie is Hamlet. Believe it or not!

ditto
My favorite is Payback.

Gideon58
You are aware that there are a whole lot of Gibson movies left off of this poll...RANSOM wasn't even on there and I think that's one of Gibson's best performances. No was HAMLET, THE MAN WITHOUT A FACE, or WHAT WOMEN WANT.

Lord Lucien
And no Pocahontas, what the hell?

wilco
Mad Max, the original.
Gallipoli
Braveheart when it first come out, but not so much now.

Super Pr*xy, had The Passion of the Christ, though he directed it and funded it, never acted in it mate.

Darth Martin
Honestly, The Passion of the Christ. Didn't act in it but still his movie.

Firefly218
Mel Gibson was almost cast as Maximus in Gladiator

Mindset
Either Payback or Mad Max 1/2.

erik.dansereau
Wait Where's "What Woman Want"?

ajayaggarwal254
My favorite Mel Gibson movie is Breaveheart.

KMMT82
Braveheart

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.