RIP Tony Scott

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Ridley Scott's brother Tony (also a filmmaker) killed himself. Very sad. sad

Myth
To me, Tony has an impressive enough resume that he shouldn't have to be introduced as Ridley's brother. Sad to see him go. RIP.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, i didnt mean to imply that he's only famous because of his brother, cuz that's not true. Just meant it to be informative because *I* didnt know they were brothers for a long time.

I havent seen as many Tony films as i have Ridley, but i remember Man on Fire being pretty badass. It's very sad.. i wonder why he did it. I wonder if there was a note or something..

Ascendancy
Sad to hear. He definitely did put out some quality work.

Barker
topgun

Pretty sad way to go.

BruceSkywalker
excellent director/producer..

he'll be missed..

i completed understand why he committed suicide

super pr*xy
why did he commit suicide?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
excellent director/producer..

he'll be missed..

i completed understand why he committed suicide I haven't heard why either. Originally posted by super pr*xy

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by super pr*xy

Originally posted by quanchi112
I haven't heard why either.

its being reported that he was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20622654,00.html

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Myth
To me, Tony has an impressive enough resume that he shouldn't have to be introduced as Ridley's brother. Sad to see him go. RIP.

Well said. Was thinking the same myself earlier. RIP...

rudester
what a way to go, smack dab on the ground... yikes.

BackFire
Love Man on Fire and True Romance, really sad to see him go. His movies were always pretty enjoyable for me.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I heard about the brain cancer. Well, jumping off a bridge doesn't seem like too bad of an alternative to drawn-out chemo/radiation therapy. But still, you hate to see it.

RIP

Patient_Leech
I dont know if this will work for everyone (because it is an "android" link), but it's an article about the films Tony had in the works...

http://android.eonline.com/article?id=339451

Esau Cairn
RIP.
Thanks for all the memories...

the ninjak
True Romance was an amazing film. He will be missed RIP.

Kazenji

Why not......it makes sense why the **** keep on living when you have something that can't fixed.

roughrider
I never thought he was the visonary director his older brother was, and neither did the critics - and Michael Bay is unfortunately like a direct offspring of his, style wise - still, he made a niche for himself as a high octane action movie director. I'm shocked at this news, and waiting to hear what brought him to this.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by roughrider
I never thought he was the visonary director his older brother was, and neither did the critics - and Michael Bay is unfortunately like a direct offspring of his, style wise - still, he made a niche for himself as a high octane action movie director. I'm shocked at this news, and waiting to hear what brought him to this.

Well, I haven't seen toooo many Tony Scott films, but what makes you say Michael Bay and he are similar?

Yeah, now someone is trying to tell me that he didn't have a brain tumor, so I dunno anymore..

roughrider
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, I haven't seen toooo many Tony Scott films, but what makes you say Michael Bay and he are similar?

You could also claim their styles were molded by working under the Bruckheimer/Simpson team. Tony was the go-to director for them from the mid-80's until the late 90's, directing six films until he started producing with brother Ridley. Michael Bay took the baton from Scott after that, directing five films until he started working with Steven Spielberg instead.

I mean, sound wise, the only man who made louder films than Michael Bay was Tony Scott. Their editing styles were similarly rapid. Only Bay has managed to stay coherent; Scott's films like Man On Fire, Domino and Unstoppable are actually ugly to watch, the movement making me so ill.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider

Are you referring to the editing or camera movement itself?

Although I enjoyed Unstoppable, the movie left very little impression on me...where as Man On Fire & especially Domino I found both to have unique aspects when it came to mainstream films.

Mr. Rhythmic

Well, I hope that eased his pain.
Rest in peace, Mr. Scott. You will no doubt be missed by your frieds, family, and many fans. sad

ares834
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Yeah, the only real similarity IMO is they both crafted bombastic action movies.

Anyway, RIP Tony Scott. Your films brought much joy to me and me friends. You will be missed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.