Odin vs Thanos (see details)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
The same fight where Odin fought Thanos but this time Thanos has the power gem no other upgrades etc who wins this how and why?

armedforbattle
Odin still wins, it just takes a bit longer.

Branlor Swift
Thanos blasts his face off.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos crushes Odin.. and it wouldn't be that hard really.

Harbinger
A majorly amped Thanos (who knows how to use the gem, no less) against a skyfather. Such a hard decision.

bbrem123
Thanos wins

dmills
Finally a scenario that allows the mad titan to win in the 1000th iteration of this match up.

Mindset
Odin takes the power gem.

Then.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Thanos blasts his face off.

Diesldude
How will Odin get past thano's shields that are powered by the PG? Also thanos' attacks are going to be devastating. Thanos with the PG takes this.

Black bolt z
Thanos wins in this scenario.

quanchi112
Thanos doesn't need the gem.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos doesn't need the gem. Yes he does. As shown in their previous fight. Nuff said.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Yes he does. As shown in their previous fight. Nuff said. Thanos didn't use his shields. His shields would tax Odin since they taxed a well fed Galactus. Thanos didn't lose that fight and took him on straight up in Asgard.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Damborgson
I think he did.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos1.jpg

That blast doesn't look like it's hitting Thanos to me.

quanchi112
That's called tanking it. Both tanked the first attacks.

ozz81
Yeah but didnt Thanos also give odin all he had and couldn't even snatch gunjinir from him.. When odin asked thanos do you yield villain thanos was still recovering from the blast till he says no etc.. I'm speculating if Odin hadn't asked him if he yields and kept blasting away at Him maybe he would've killed him.. Or severly injure him..

quanchi112
Originally posted by ozz81
Yeah but didnt Thanos also give odin all he had and couldn't even snatch gunjinir from him.. When odin asked thanos do you yield villain thanos was still recovering from the blast till he says no etc.. I'm speculating if Odin hadn't asked him if he yields and kept blasting away at Him maybe he would've killed him.. Or severly injure him.. Thanos could have teleported or activated his shields at any time. Thanos waded through a concentrated gungir blast. That's impressive me thinks. Thanos clearly wins.

Mindset
Quan just pmed me and said he wishes he could be as cool as me.

It doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but I thought you guys would like to know.

Damborgson
That's called tanking it. Both tanked the first attacks.

Galan and I were talking about that....he says the Shields he used against the Thor fight were weaker than the ones he used against Galactus or Champion. So these weaker shields tanking an Odin blast wouldn't be a low feat at all in my opinion.

armedforbattle
Thanos doesn't need the gem.

Would you just stop. Regular thanos cant beat odin. Get over it.

quanchi112
Galan and I were talking about that....he says the Shields he used against the Thor fight were weaker than the ones he used against Galactus or Champion. So these weaker shields tanking an Odin blast wouldn't be a low feat at all in my opinion. The Galactus shield seemed more powerful but the Thor shield or the Champion shield are just a guess imo.

Every time Thanos has used a shield they have either been mentioned or drawn. In the Odin fight we don't see a shield nor is there a mention of one.

dmills
And then the thread went stupid...

Damborgson
Originally posted by armedforbattle
Would you just stop. Regular thanos cant beat odin. Get over it.

http://static.yooco.de/s4/images/website/2138460/image/popcorn-01-michael-jackson.gif

quanchi112
Would you just stop. Regular thanos cant beat odin. Get over it. If you really live up to your name strap a pair on because I am not backing down, chip.

dmills
laughing We all pretty much agreed that Thanos wins in this scenario and yet some how, some way, we end up arguing about it anyways.

quanchi112
Originally posted by dmills
laughing We all pretty much agreed that Thanos wins in this scenario and yet some how, some way, we end up arguing about it anyways. Saying Thanos wins sometimes isn't good enough for me.

Mindset
Thanos loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Thanos loses. An ugly contest but he wins this thread and any other matchup against one eyed Ody.

Mindset
Odin will have Thanos's head on the end of Gungnir when this battle is over.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Odin will have Thanos's head on the end of Gungnir when this battle is over. That sounds like a Thanosi. You see my friend this is the real Thanos where he stands atop Odin's old limp body as the victor.

armedforbattle
If you really live up to your name strap a pair on because I am not backing down, chip.

You just refuse to accept that thanos can be beat, like a little kid refuses to accept that santa isnt real.

If you dont want your favorite character to lose battles find a new favorite character.

Mindset
Odin summons Death and beats Thanos lifeless with her body.

Silent Master
Odin takes the gem and then pwns Thanos.

Lord Feron
Thanos didn't use his shields. His shields would tax Odin since they taxed a well fed Galactus. Thanos didn't lose that fight and took him on straight up in Asgard.

more like "wow i did not know a flea could be so powerful, I better use two fingers"

Nihilist
Galan and I were talking about that....he says the Shields he used against the Thor fight were weaker than the ones he used against Galactus or Champion. So these weaker shields tanking an Odin blast wouldn't be a low feat at all in my opinion. he never used any shields against Odin period, its not shown mentioned or even hinted at.

If he had used them why didn't he use them later instead of tanking and forcing his way through the constant Gungnir blast! Don't try to day they must of shattered as there was not a single bit of proof to suggest so.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
more like "wow i did not know a flea could be so powerful, I better use two fingers" Odin's dialogue and the comic blatantly disagree with this fantasy of yours.

You just refuse to accept that thanos can be beat, like a little kid refuses to accept that santa isnt real.

If you dont want your favorite character to lose battles find a new favorite character. Thanos doesn't lose here. I don't give into the masses when they are wrong. I am a leader not a follower.

Silent Master
Odin wins.

TheGodKiller
Odin pimpslaps Thanos . Again .

celestialdemon
Odin would actually get hurt this time around, but he still wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Unless Odin can get the gem away from Thanos.. He gets crushed decisively and convincingly at some point.

Silent Master
Odin will get the gem away and then pwn Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Silent Master
Odin will get the gem away and then pwn Thanos.

and if he doesn't.. does he still win?

We would need clarification from the TS.. but I doubt he intended for there to be any gem stealing here.

Black bolt z
Taking away the gem defeats the entire point of the thread. Why people say that that's how someone wins a thread is behind me.

Silent Master
Because removing the gem is a valid tactic.

Black bolt z
Because removing the gem is a valid tactic. Then whats the point of any thread with a gem? Technically, it's valid, but you're defeating the whole point of the thread, which is pointless to do so.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because removing the gem is a valid tactic.

Why would he give the gem to Thanos.. if he wanted odin to have the ability to take it away? That makes ZERO sense.

now answer the question.. if Odin doesn't get it away or isn't allowed to take it.. DOES HE STILL WIN?

armedforbattle
I don't give into the masses when they are wrong. I am a leader not a follower.

Wow, your such an inspiration. You should get an award.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why would he give the gem to Thanos.. if he wanted odin to have the ability to take it away? That makes ZERO sense.

now answer the question.. if Odin doesn't get it away or isn't allowed to take it.. DOES HE STILL WIN?

Removing the gem is a valid tactic, deal with it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still can't answer the question eh? IF Odin can't remove the gem.. does he still win?

Second, who says it's a valid tactic? YOU.. Did you make the thread? Did the thread starter say so? NO... So who says it's a valid tactic that means something?

Silent Master
Why should I bother answering your off-topic questions?

KuRuPT Thanosi
of topic question... LULZ.. It's EXACTLY on topic.. YOU are going off topic claiming odin can do something NEVER specified in the thread.. and common sense tells us shouldn't be allowed. You went off topic.. so how about we stick with the topic.. Thanos WITH THE PG (not losing it) vs. Odin.. Who wins... It cracks me up your'e so scared to answer

Silent Master
Since when do all tactics have to be listed in the OP in order to be used in a thread?

KuRuPT Thanosi
still dodging the question... How is Thanos keeping the gem.. and using the possible scenerio off topic? Clearly the TS wants THanos to have the gem.. so why are you taking it from him?

Silent Master
Because disarming someone is a valid tactic, I get that you're all butt-hurt because Thanos loses this match, but acting like people need special permission to use such a basic tactic is rather pathetic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
how does Odin remove the gem again? Please show me when Thanos with the PG had it removed please? Then show me where the TS said removing the gem is a valid tactic.. quote the post where he said that. YOU saying it's..doesn't make it valid.. so quote where he did then.

Silent Master
Why would the OP need to specify that removing the gem is a valid tactic?

KuRuPT Thanosi
did the TS said removing the gem is a valid tactic? I'm asking again?

This isn't.. can surfer fire blasts.. this isn't superman will go fast and punch hard.. This is a TS SPECIFICALLY giving Thanos a gem... why would he want that gem taken away or that as a possibility?

Silent Master
So according to your logic, if the thread starter gave Batman a sword, Captain America wouldn't be allowed to disarm him, right?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Answer my question.... Show me when Thanos has had the PG removed from him... Tell me or show me odin ever removing a gem from somebody. Your'e acting like it's a given he does so.. so prove it.

Silent Master
Time-stop

DarkOdin
how does Odin remove the gem again? Please show me when Thanos with the PG had it removed please? Then show me where the TS said removing the gem is a valid tactic.. quote the post where he said that. YOU saying it's..doesn't make it valid.. so quote where he did then. Odin mindrapes him then has Thanos insert gungir and the powergem up his own arse

Black bolt z
Silent Master just shut it. You're arguing something that makes no sense.

Silent Master
Silent Master just shut it. You're arguing something that makes no sense.

Do you also think disarming a weapon user makes no sense, how about draining an energy user or using emp against a tech user?

Black bolt z
Do you also think disarming a weapon user makes no sense, how about draining an energy user or using emp against a tech user? Draining an energy user or emp against a tech user is different.

This is two characters against each other, one with an artifact, to make the fight more even. So how much of a point does this thread have if he can just take the gem away? It's a pointless argument.

Silent Master
Draining an energy user or emp against a tech user is different.

This is two characters against each other, one with an artifact, to make the fight more even. So how much of a point does this thread have if he can just take the gem away? It's a pointless argument.

LOL!!!!!!!

Black bolt z
Yes, laugh instead of correcting yourself. Continue sounding like an idiot.

Silent Master
Draining energy, disarming a weapon user, shutting down a character's tech and removing a power source all have the same effect, IE weakening your opponent.

They are all valid fight tactics

PillarofOsiris
To be fair, I'd say unless the OP says, the gem can't be taken away, it should be allowed to be taken away. But with the gem, Thanos should beat Odin (assuming it can't be taken away). And even if it can, I doubt Odin would do so anyway. So I'm going Thanos here.

Silent Master
Why wouldn't Odin take the gem away?

quanchi112
Wow, your such an inspiration. You should get an award. I'm an alpha male so tread carefully.

quanchi112
Yes, laugh instead of correcting yourself. Continue sounding like an idiot. You completely pwned him.

Silent Master
LOL!!!!!!

Black bolt z
Why wouldn't Odin take the gem away? How would Odin even do so if Thanos can beat him?

celestialdemon
How would Odin even do so if Thanos can beat him?

Odin has shown the ability to stop time or even trap a PG user (Thor). Thanos also lost his Reality Gem when Rune stopped time and took it from him (and the rest of the Watch).

In my opinion, taking the gem away is a valid tactic unless stated otherwise much like like BFR.

Silent Master
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Odin has shown the ability to stop time or even trap a PG user (Thor). Thanos also lost his Reality Gem when Rune stopped time and took it from him (and the rest of the Watch).

In my opinion, taking the gem away is a valid tactic unless stated otherwise much like like BFR.

They know it's a valid tactic, they're just butt-hurt because Odin wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin mindrapes him then has Thanos insert gungir and the powergem up his own arse

Let me be clear on this point... Odin would never.. EVER.. mindrape Thanos... Wouldn't happen, no way no how. That is without the PG even, with it.. Odin has more of a chance to get mindraped than Thanos does.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why wouldn't Odin take the gem away?

I'm asking for proof that Odin has ever taken away the PG from a user.. I'm also asking for proof this is a given he would go for that move AND be able to accomplish it. You're saying it's a given... it willl not fail. SO PROVE IT. Surely, if it's 100% certain he will..there must be some history to back up said claim. Time stop.. that doesn't come close to cutting it.. Try again.

Silent Master
I'm asking for proof that Odin has ever taken away the PG from a user.. I'm also asking for proof this is a given he would go for that move AND be able to accomplish it. You're saying it's a given... it willl not fail. SO PROVE IT. Surely, if it's 100% certain he will..there must be some history to back up said claim. Time stop.. that doesn't come close to cutting it.. Try again.

Removing a weapon/power source is an obvious tactic, why wouldn't Odin use it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
This happens all the time in comics.. why doesn't thor absorb blasts with his hammer EACH AND EVERY TIME. Characters don't do the obvious all the time, there are countless.. literally countless examples of this in comics. So again, PROVE or SHOW Odin EVER going for that move (removing a gem) and show him ACTUALLY pulling it off. You have yet to prove this is 100% what will happen and he'll be able to pull it off 100% of the time. Still waiting.

Silent Master
Two can play that game, show me a gem user ever beating Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Two can play that game, show me a gem user ever beating Odin.

YOU MADE THE CLAIM ODIN WILLL JUST REMOVE THE GEM.. YOU"RE MAKING THE CLAIM IT'S A GIVEN HE WILL USE SAID TACTIC 100% OF THE TIME.. YOU THEN MUST ALSO HAVE PROVE OF HIM DOING SO.. IN ORDER TO BELIEVE HE COULD 100% OF THE TIME. PROVE IT

Silent Master
YOU MADE THE CLAIM ODIN WILLL JUST REMOVE THE GEM.. YOU"RE MAKING THE CLAIM IT'S A GIVEN HE WILL USE SAID TACTIC 100% OF THE TIME.. YOU THEN MUST ALSO HAVE PROVE OF HIM DOING SO.. IN ORDER TO BELIEVE HE COULD 100% OF THE TIME. PROVE IT

So, you can't show a gem user beating Odin?

ares834
So, you can't show a gem user beating Odin?

This is in the running for the worst argument ever.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
This is in the running for the worst argument ever.

You know that I'm mocking his argument style,right? or did you miss the part where he keeps asking for examples where Odin has removed the removed the gem from somebody?

ares834
Oh, I thought he was just saying that Odin wouldn't be able to take the gem... But yeah, that's stupid as well.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You know that I'm mocking his argument style,right? or did you miss the part where he keeps asking for examples where Odin has removed the removed the gem from somebody?

Now Now Now Silent.. .you know EXACTLY who is mocking who here... WHO gets made fun of on this site and herochat.. ALL the time.. For saying Prove that this person can do this or that.. prove that this person will use said tactic. Prove it will work.. That is YOUR THING.. and everybody including me know this. A quick search of your posts will show who is mocki who.. Should I go find quotes from you.. and they will be in the 100 hundreds... where you go PROVE THIS.. and PROVE THAT.. STUPID SHIT NO LESS that doesnt' need proving. Should I? Or will you concede that you do this all the time and I'm simply turning it around on you.

My argument is simple... Odin won't be able to take the gem and I'm not convinced he would even try that tactic. Especially not right away.

Diesldude
Removing a weapon/power source is an obvious tactic, why wouldn't Odin use it? Thanos has the power gem and with it, he can prevent Odin from taking it. Can Odin win without taking the gem? I don't think so.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Diesldude
Thanos has the power gem and with it, he can prevent Odin from taking it. Can Odin win without taking the gem? I don't think so.

Not if Odin uses the time-stop he can't and doing so is well within Odin's power.

Nihilist
Thanos with the gem wins.

Silent Master
Now Now Now Silent.. .you know EXACTLY who is mocking who here... WHO gets made fun of on this site and herochat.. ALL the time.. For saying Prove that this person can do this or that.. prove that this person will use said tactic. Prove it will work.. That is YOUR THING.. and everybody including me know this. A quick search of your posts will show who is mocki who.. Should I go find quotes from you.. and they will be in the 100 hundreds... where you go PROVE THIS.. and PROVE THAT.. STUPID SHIT NO LESS that doesnt' need proving. Should I? Or will you concede that you do this all the time and I'm simply turning it around on you.

My argument is simple... Odin won't be able to take the gem and I'm not convinced he would even try that tactic. Especially not right away.

Nice try, but you're the one that tried using that tactic in this thread and got mocked for it...what I may or may not have done in other threads is irrelevant to this thread.

BTW, if those weren't your real arguments/stance, then you basically just admitted to trolling me for the entire thread....I'm sure that the mods would love to hear that you've been purposely trolling this topic for multiple pages.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ahhhhh... You dont' like your tactics used against you? Should I quote the 100 times you've said PROVE IT? Saying prove it to such stupid things that don't need proving? Should I.. Should I?

I made my stance clear.. Odin WON'T get the gem from Odin.. Period. Odin has zero experience taking a gem from somebody.. nor am I convinced he would even try that tactic.. You seem convinced he would.. with NOTHING to support that stance.

Silent Master
So, you're basically admitting that you've spent the entire thread tolling me?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nope... I MADE MY STANCE CLEAR... Odin WON'T get the gem from Thanos.. NOR am I convinced he would even try that tactic... Me questioning whether the TS even wanted that as an option isn't trolling. That is a fair question to the TS, AND it exposes that you don't believe Odin could win without doing that. THe rest of it.. is just asking you to back up your 100% assertion that he would do that and be succesful.. which you have yet to back up

Silent Master
I told you back on page 3 how Odin could get the gem away from Thanos.

Nihilist
Nope... I MADE MY STANCE CLEAR... Odin WON'T get the gem from Thanos.. NOR am I convinced he would even try that tactic... Me questioning whether the TS even wanted that as an option isn't trolling. That is a fair question to the TS, AND it exposes that you don't believe Odin could win without doing that. THe rest of it.. is just asking you to back up your 100% assertion that he would do that and be succesful.. which you have yet to back up Cmon KT why are you bothering with the troll? he will never answer anything or even attempt to debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.