John Steele Vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1643265-1_secretavengers12_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/117443/2412227-defenders_8_cover_large.jpg

StiltmanFTW
KMC Iron Fist a.k.a. Lord Rand?

cdtm
Pretty much spite. Danny can take Steele and Captain America at the same time.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty much spite. Danny can take Steele and Captain America at the same time.

Entire Captain America Corps, even.

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
KMC Iron Fist a.k.a. Lord Rand?

Nah, normal comic book Iron Fist will do. big grin

Trackz
good fight...but considering the way Steele was able to roll through Cap, I think he wins.

Mindset
Originally posted by Trackz
good fight...but considering the way Steele was able to roll through Cap, I think he wins. IF would punch Cap so hard he'd turn commie.

Galan007
Hm... On one hand, Steel(e)>Iron. On the other hand, Fist>John.

Yeah, it's confirmed. Danny wins.

StiltmanFTW
Steele is much stronger, tougher and faster than Cap. Rand could be in trouble here, tbh.

srankmissingnin
Legion of Iron Fist Trolls aside, Cap would take a solid majority from Iron Fist. Steele would fold Iron Fist up like a lawn chair.

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cap would take a solid majority from Iron Fist. Obviously doesn't know anything.

srankmissingnin
Iron Fist should stick to what he is good at, punching inanimate objects and stalemating Daredevil, because Cap would wreck him.

Mindset
You're as bad as Shabazz.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
You're as bad as Shabazz.

And you are to Iron Fist, as Carver is to the Hulk.

Mindset
Knowledgeable.

I agree.

IF 10/10.

srankmissingnin
lawl.

IF (losses) 10/10.

Mindset
I don't know how much longer I can keep this friendship going if you insist on lying.

srankmissingnin
I don't know how much longer I can keep this friendship going if you insist on lying.

I'm trying to help you wake up from this deluded dream world you've created where Iron Fist is better than Cap.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lism8lznpy1qakhn3o1_500.jpg

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
KMC Iron Fist a.k.a. Lord Rand? That is the only Iron fist, the other is merely a doombot.

Trackz
Neither wins this fight 10/10. Steele should win 6-7/10 though

cdtm
In all seriousness:

We're all in agreement, without the Iron Fist, Danny Rand is comfortably above street level, right?

Scans have been posted showcasing his speed, durability, and hitting power... Without even touching where he stacks up with Cap, lets confirm we're on the same page about his general stats..

srankmissingnin
In all seriousness:

We're all in agreement, without the Iron Fist, Danny Rand is comfortably above street level, right?

Scans have been posted showcasing his speed, durability, and hitting power... Without even touching where he stacks up with Cap, lets confirm we're on the same page about his general stats..

It's the height of sadness that you've hopped on the Iron Fist hype train without realizing every single other poster aside from you is trolling.

I suppose that's the risk in starting a clique that's primary purpose is pretending to be stupid... eventually it will attract legitimately stupid people.

cdtm
It's the height of sadness that you've hopped on the Iron Fist hype train without realizing every single other poster aside from you is trolling.

I suppose that's the risk in starting a clique that's primary purpose is pretending to be stupid... eventually it will attract legitimately stupid people.

Mmm hmm...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist03-TheCitysNotforBurning-18.jpg

So, do you actually look at scans like these, or just ignore them?

If you think this is a street level feat, I don't know what to tell you.

srankmissingnin
Holy shit! Iron Fist got backhanded by Radion! I guess he must be the best! dur

FYI nice work showing out of order scans. Not at all misleading.

cdtm
Holy shit! Iron Fist got backhanded by Radion! I guess he must be the best! dur

FYI nice work showing out of order scans. Not at all misleading.

They're not out of order.

And nice work dismissing evidence that proves Danny has beyond street level durability.

You're arguing in bad faith.

srankmissingnin
They're not out of order.

And nice work dismissing evidence that proves Danny has beyond street level durability.

You're arguing in bad faith.

facepalm

The second image is the last page of the issue previous to the one the first scan is from.

Are you trying to equate Radion's strength with his energy projection? On what basis? How is getting back handed by Radion beyond street level durability?

Of all Iron Fists feats, you pick this nothing example and try to hype it? Christ... you are hopeless.

JakeTheBank

Turn off your computer and throw it out the window.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Turn off your computer and throw it out the window.

You shame Doom in deed and thought with your Iron Fist trolling. I can't believe you have the audacity to wear that set while engaging in blasphemy.

CosmicComet
Jake, take off the set I've created for you now.

You've fouled the air here.

sneer

cdtm
facepalm

The second image is the last page of the issue previous to the one the first scan is from.

Chronologically, the last page of the previous comic comes before the first few pages of the next one. I used that tower destruction scene over the retelling in the next comic out of personal preference.. So no, they're not out of order.

And you know enough to nitpick their order, and yet you somehow think Radion's backhand leveled the building, when the following page of that comic clearly said he was building for another blast, just before the explosion?

I'd post scans of Danny surviving attacks that turned steel to putty, but why bother.. You're not debating.

Go troll a Wolverine thread.

srankmissingnin
Chronologically, the last page of the previous comic comes before the first few pages of the next one. I used that tower destruction scene over the retelling in the next comic out of personal preference.. So no, they're not out of order.

And you know enough to nitpick their order, and yet you somehow think Radion's backhand leveled the building, when the following page of that comic clearly said he was building for another blast, just before the explosion?

I'd post scans of Danny surviving attacks that turned steel to putty, but why bother.. You're not debating.

Go troll a Wolverine thread.

Stop equivocating. You posted out of order scans in an attempt to mislead people as to how the actually events transpired.

What are you talking about? Radion's back hand didn't level the building, and I never said it did. What I said is that Radion's energy projection levels has NO CORRELATION ON HIS ACTUAL STRENGTH. You are trying to draw some parallels between Radion's energy projection, and him smacking Iron Fist... as though there is any relation between the two. He back handed Danny... okay... so what? Radion isn't the Hulk, he's not even Spider-man.

JakeTheBank
You shame Doom in deed and thought with your Iron Fist trolling. I can't believe you have the audacity to wear that set while engaging in blasphemy.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Jake, take off the set I've created for you now.

You've fouled the air here.

sneer

Rogue Doombots, the both of you.

cdtm
Stop equivocating. You posted out of order scans in an attempt to mislead people as to how the actually events transpired.

Mislead them by posting a scan over another scan that shows the exact same event? Ok.

Who's talking about Radion's strength? Not I.

Iron Fist surviving a mini nuke is feat enough.

Galan007

I suppose that's the risk in starting a clique that's primary purpose is pretending to be stupid... eventually it will attract legitimately stupid people. http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12999883_dodgeball_1.gif

JakeTheBank
I think the mere suggestion that we, the faithful of Lord Rand, are "trolling" is outrageous at best and blasphemous at worse.

The heretic needs to be destroyed.

srankmissingnin
Mislead them by posting a scan over another scan that shows the exact same event? Ok.

Who's talking about Radion's strength? Not I.

Iron Fist surviving a mini nuke is feat enough.

laughing

That's what I'm talking about. You post those out of order scans to mislead people and make it look like Radion blasted Iron Fist, and he that he tanked that blast. He didn't. Danny got slapped... and laid on the ground for half a dozen pages while Radion spammed blasts at the tower. Iron Fist didn't survive a "mini nuke," he never got blasts at all, and none of the blasts were 1/10000th of a nuke in the first place.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Galan007
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12999883_dodgeball_1.gif

I think the mere suggestion that we, the faithful of Lord Rand, are "trolling" is outrageous at best and blasphemous at worse.

The heretic needs to be destroyed.

Look at cdtm, he believes you guys at face value. Taking advantage of the developmentally challenged like that, and leading this poor boy on? You two should feel ashamed of yourselves. mad

JakeTheBank
Look at cdtm, he believes you guys at face value. Taking advantage of the developmentally challenged like that, and leading this poor boy on? You two should feel ashamed of yourselves. mad

Wouldn't be the first time I took advantage of the developmentally challenged.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N5C_70bhiKY/T4YTlC9-m1I/AAAAAAAAA7g/DRfYK_X7Sfs/s200/ryan-reynolds.gif

cdtm
laughing

That's what I'm talking about. You post those out of order scans to mislead people and make it look like Radion blasted Iron Fist, and he that he tanked that blast. He didn't. Danny got slapped... and laid on the ground for half a dozen pages while Radion spammed blasts at the tower.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-03.jpg

"He's building for another blast.." And than the building blows up.

Try again.

cdtm
Wouldn't be the first time I took advantage of the developmentally challenged.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-N5C_70bhiKY/T4YTlC9-m1I/AAAAAAAAA7g/DRfYK_X7Sfs/s200/ryan-reynolds.gif

Dum dum dum dum dummmmmmm!

cdtm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-14.jpg

Lets see how Srank downplays these...

DarkSaint85
...his punches had no effect on Radion.

Are these really the best feats for Iron Fist??

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

erm

Come on. Is that really all you took from those scans?

Lead bar melts like butter in Radion's hands? Those same hands try melting Danny, and he survives?

Golgo13
erm

Come on. Is that really all you took from those scans?

Lead bar melts like butter in Radion's hands? Those same hands try melting Danny, and he survives?

Who would win? Iron Fist or Frankenstein?

Branlor Swift

Are these really the best feats for Iron Fist?? That is his worst feat ever. And it's still amazing

ODG
John Steele seems about as strong and durable as Luke Cage. And even classic Iron Fist has taken him out. John Steele is much faster and much more skilled, but not faster and not more skilled than current upgraded Iron Fist.

Danny's certainly gonna have some bruises to show for it, especially seeing as how he knows little about John Steele, but with his stamina and skill at rolling with blows, he won't be put down easily and definitely not before being able to put up his own offensive.

An offensive that almost assuredly is powerful enough to put down Steele for a k.o. I give it to Danny 7/10.

Naija boy
Iron fist

Galan007
Look at cdtm, he believes you guys at face value. That's because he's actually read a comic. Learn from him. uhuh

dmills

laughing out loud Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-03.jpg

"He's building for another blast.." And than the building blows up.

Try again.

And... what about any of that makes you think he blasted Iron Fist? He back handed Danny, then went around blasting the tower until Iron Fist healed his broken body and went for the rematch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-13.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/CDTM3000/IronFist04-Holocaust-14.jpg

Lets see how Srank downplays these...

facepalm

That's not a durability feat. Iron Fist has energy absorption / manipulation abilities. He's used them against Wrecker, Steel Serpent and Nitro, among others. That's what he used to amp himself with electromagnetic energy when he destroyed the bullet train.

Are you even vaguely familiar with this character? What's the problem exactly?

cdtm
And... what about any of that makes you think he blasted Iron Fist? He back handed Danny, then went around blasting the tower until Iron Fist healed his broken body and went for the rematch.

So the backhand broke Danny's body. Not the building blowing up, no, it was the backhand.

Are you serious, or just trolling? I really hope it's the latter...

I guess Priest forgot about his energy absorption powers when he got cancer from nuclear fallout?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60545/1981040-ironfist14_011.jpg

He used the electromagnetic energy to propel himself like a human bullet. Nowhere does it say he amped his physical stats.

The thing is, you're obviously familiar with Danny, and have a pretty good knowledge of streets.. You'd make a good poster, if you stopped trying to spin every...little...detail, no matter how far you have to stretch to discredit it..

Maybe you'd get more respect around here, if you started showing some.

Anyways, done debating this.. Say whatever.

dmills
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7196/secretavengers9brubaker.th.jpg

Don't know much about John Steele, but if he steps to Danny like that (standing there soaking up hits) he'd be beaten into cobbler. That much is certain.

srankmissingnin
So the backhand broke Danny's body. Not the building blowing up, no, it was the backhand.

Are you serious, or just trolling? I really hope it's the latter...

I guess Priest forgot about his energy absorption powers when he got cancer from nuclear fallout?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60545/1981040-ironfist14_011.jpg

He used the electromagnetic energy to propel himself like a human bullet. Nowhere does it say he amped his physical stats.

The thing is, you're obviously familiar with Danny, and have a pretty good knowledge of streets.. You'd make a good poster, if you stopped trying to spin every...little...detail, no matter how far you have to stretch to discredit it..

Maybe you'd get more respect around here, if you started showing some.

Anyways, done debating this.. Say whatever.

The building didn't "blow up", Radion was blasting out the sides of the tower. Danny didn't tank any blasts, no blasts were even aimed at him in this particular moment. He was ostensibly finished when he ate the back hand, then he laid there while Radion continued being crazy until he realized he could healed himself. Radion wasn't throwing around aoe attacks, and he wasn't blasting Danny (at this particular junction anyway).

I can't speak to whether Priest forgot, didn't know, or simply decided to ignore the fact that Danny can absorb energy. Prior to HoH v2, Claremont was really the only writer who referenced this ability, and even then it was never exactly clear how much control over it Danny had. Perhaps it was just an inconvenience for the story Priest wanted to tell so he ignored it, who can say?

Twist is not a synonym for accurate recount of events. You've completely distorted the Radion example in your mind, and I've decided to correct you instead of letting you continue to make a fool of yourself. You're welcome by the way. It's not a durability feat... it's the complete opposite of a durability feat. The feat in that issue comes latter when he heals his broken body, and then when he absorbs the radiation. Him getting one-shot by character will an ambiguous level of super strength, isn't something you want to draw attention to, because it doesn't help your case.

I'm fine with my level of respect around here. The only person who has a really problem with me is OneDumbG0, and no really puts any value on anything he says. If the Iron Fist trolling was funnier, maybe I'd get on board, but for now I'll leave to Mindset, Bran and Jake, and continue to educate the people naive enough to buy the tainted girl scout cookies those three are selling... which so far is only you.

Originally posted by dmills
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7196/secretavengers9brubaker.th.jpg

Don't know much about John Steele, but if he steps to Danny like that (standing there soaking up hits) he'd be beaten into cobbler. That much is certain.

Cap's better than Danny, so there isn't much worry of IF replicating that. cool

FYI Steele has tanked blows from Valkyrie and Warmachine.

Mindset

Cap's better than Danny, so there isn't much worry of IF replicating that. cool

FYI Steele has tanked blows from Valkyrie and Warmachine. No, he isn't.

Both of which don't hit as hard, as fast, or as effectively as Sir Rand.

srankmissingnin
No, he isn't.

Both of which don't hit as hard, as fast, or as effectively as Sir Rand.

No, he is.

A Canadian has to educate you on Captain America? Shameful, you are a terrible American.

Hulk Hogan is ashamed of you brother. You wouldn't say shit if some Gremlins were ruining your movie would you? WOULD YOU?

GGuhZvO1DKg

Mindset
Nope, as I said before, IF punches Cap so hard he becomes a commie.

dmills
@srank,

Even if that were true there's no chance in hell that he wouldn't land blows on Steele. The skill gap ain't that wide man lol.

Furthermore if Steele is being ascribed "Luke Cage level durability" then he's really in trouble as Danny has busted Luke wide open sans an Iron Fist.

Lek Kuen
Steele have any powers besides super strength and durability?

Mindset
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Steele have any powers besides super strength and durability? He has the ability to get oneshotted by Sir Daniel Rand Lord of the Fist.

srankmissingnin
Nope, as I said before, IF punches Cap so hard he becomes a commie.

Iron Fist is trained in kung fu... he doesn't know how to throw a punch. laughing

Lek Kuen
He has the ability to get oneshotted by Sir Daniel Rand Lord of the Fist.

Well of course, but I merely wanted to get all my facts straight before i restore our brother ctdms honor by schooling Srank.

srankmissingnin
He has the ability to get oneshotted by Sir Daniel Rand Lord of the Fist.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sioaFGFL1qig63qo1_500.jpg

Mindset
Iron Fist is trained in kung fu... he doesn't know how to throw a punch. laughing Danny punched his way out of his mother's womb.

He brought the concept of punching into existence.

DarkSaint85
The retcon punch was retconned into being punched by Danny, iirc.

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4sioaFGFL1qig63qo1_500.jpg Originally posted by Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu0vx1I0u71qbvmhfo2_500.gif

srankmissingnin
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98hcldveU1r3sam1.gif

DarkSaint85
Somewhere, Prep-man is crying.

Mindset
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m958dnPGkI1ruq3yto1_500.gif

dmills
Iron Fist is trained in kung fu... he doesn't know how to throw a punch. laughing

laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m958dnPGkI1ruq3yto1_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96ignPt011qhvx0uo1_500.gif

Mindset
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96ignPt011qhvx0uo1_500.gif http://i.imgur.com/CU7dx.gif

srankmissingnin
http://i.imgur.com/CU7dx.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9645jQnkY1rtyzaro1_500.gif

Mindset
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7eb56LQSw1rri3uh.gif

srankmissingnin
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pppaU1kx1rdf3plo1_500.gif

You better lawyer up. Lawyer up.

Mindset
http://files2.fliiby.com/images/_original/0vp483ctd5s.gif

srankmissingnin
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m92jjjjDRj1r91cn2o1_500.gif

CosmicComet
haermm

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Steele have any powers besides super strength and durability?

Speed above Cap's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.