Is there a batman villain who can beat Ironman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

society619
The only person I can see even giving Tony a fight would be Solomon Grundy and I wouldn't exactly call him a "Batman villain" Is there anybody who can give Stark troubles or does he just outclass all of Gotham?

Glorificus
If the villain gets a TON of prep, and Stark gets none and gets ambushed, then sure.

bayhunter12
None come to mind

JakeTheBank
Iron Man could solo the inmates of Arkham Asylum without trouble.

Golgo13
Prometheus the Anti-Batman can take Tony with prep.

pym-ftw
Mr. Freeze with full gear and prep could win

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
Prometheus the Anti-Batman can take Tony with prep. Originally posted by pym-ftw
Mr. Freeze with full gear and prep could win Nope.

Galan007
Prometheus definitely has the capability.

pym-ftw
@Mindset

Depending on the armor, its absurd to state tony can't be hurt by freeze with one sided prep

MF DELPH
Does Azrael count as a Batvillain since Batman had to take him down at the end of Knightfall?

And I think Poison Ivy with her plant powers might be able to make Tony's stomach explode.

namorsubby
Clayface?

Mindset
Originally posted by pym-ftw
@Mindset

Depending on the armor, its absurd to state tony can't be hurt by freeze with one sided prep So if IM isn't in his latest armor?Originally posted by Galan007
Prometheus definitely has the capability. To be beaten within an inch of his life.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Does Azrael count as a Batvillain since Batman had to take him down at the end of Knightfall?

And I think Poison Ivy with her plant powers might be able to make Tony's stomach explode.

No, he became an ally of Batman's again not long after, albeit begrudgingly by Bruce. He wound up losing his mind again towards the end of his series, but beat Batman straight up in H2H before he ultimately.

Tony could easily spam her from range before that could even happen.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by namorsubby
Clayface?

Doubt it, tbh.

Even relatively old armor like his modular series (pre-Extremis) had the capability of hurting someone like him.

JakeTheBank
Everyone of note in Batman's rogue's gallery would need extreme one sided prep against Tony and would have to hope that Tony wasn't using up-to-date armor and had no idea who the hell they were to stand a chance.

Even then, given his resourcefulness, Tony could likely triumph in the end anyway.

Silent Master
Given the people listed, I'm assuming Tony isn't allowed his armor and he's sleeping when the fights start.

Doesn't sound very fair sad

JakeTheBank
Prometheus is the best choice listed thus far and even he'd need one sided prep to beat Iron Man.

Mindset
And he'd still lose.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
Prometheus definitely has the capability.

thumb up Most definitely.

rotiart
Joker....

.....emperor joker.

ColossusGrundy
Tony has a weakness for the ladies... Ivy gets a chance.

Clayface has a shot.

none of the others come to mind unless you give Joker credit for some kind of gadget that disables IM's armor.... pretty farfetched.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
Nope.

Damborgson
Kite man

tkitna
None

Golgo13
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Tony has a weakness for the ladies... Ivy gets a chance.

Clayface has a shot.

none of the others come to mind unless you give Joker credit for some kind of gadget that disables IM's armor.... pretty farfetched.

I forgot about Clayface, but only the one that took on the JLA. Ivy might as well.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man's standard weapon armaments are more than enough for either Clayface and Ivy.

golem370
Batman Villains- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Batman.asp

Golgo13
IIRC CLayface absorbed WW into himself and almost knocked Superman out. IM goes down.

JakeTheBank
That's easily Clayface's best feat ever and definitely not indicative of his standard powers and showings. Going by that route, we should use Iron Man with Excalibur armor or the Infinity Gems. erm

Clayface, any of them, at their standard power levels, would get routed by Tony either though intense heat/energy projection, sonics, and god knows what else.

Golgo13
He was amped. Which is why I said only that version. Duh. Prometheus's suit is more than capable of handling Tony, IMO. He had all types of powers and plans to defeat any super being on earth.

JakeTheBank
A specific issue/arc amped version of Clayface defeats the spirit of the thread, methinks. Otherwise, I can just use the most powerful and prepped version of Tony and just argue that he uses the Gauntlet to rape everybody.

Prometheus could win with one sided prep against Tony. That's about it. Even prep time and Prometheus is getting brought down hard.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Prometheus could win with one sided prep against Tony. That's about it. Even prep time and Prometheus is getting brought down hard.

thumb up

Is Prometheus really a Batman villian though?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
A specific issue/arc amped version of Clayface defeats the spirit of the thread, methinks. Otherwise, I can just use the most powerful and prepped version of Tony and just argue that he uses the Gauntlet to rape everybody.

Prometheus could win with one sided prep against Tony. That's about it. Even prep time and Prometheus is getting brought down hard. just so you know: you're arguing with a dc diehard

Golgo13
I doubt it, Prometheus has some nasty tech and the cosmic key. He ranks higher in intelligence than Batman, but so does Tony.

There are different versions (different characters) of Clayface and that particular one would crush him.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by golem370
Batman Villains- http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Batman.asp

Using that list, only Lex Luthor really stands out to me.

Does Batman have any magic spell casting type enemies? Might be a way there.

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam
just so you know: you're arguing with a dc diehard

**** off. Seriously stop following me around or I'll just report it each time. If you have nothing to contribute than piss off.

DarkSaint85
Nah. Prometheus is good, very good, but only through prep. Witness what happened when he met Catwoman on the JLA tower, or the Shade in Cry for Justice - if he hasn't got the prep, his standard equipment lets him down.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blair Wind
thumb up

Is Prometheus really a Batman villian though?

He's technically more of a JLA villain than a Batman one, but his back story mirrors Bruce Wayne's.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nah. Prometheus is good, very good, but only through prep. Witness what happened when he met Catwoman on the JLA tower, or the Shade in Cry for Justice - if he hasn't got the prep, his standard equipment lets him down.

Exactly. Once Batman knew his particular gimmick, he beat him up.

If Tony had even a little prep, let alone prep time equal to Prometheus, it wouldn't fare too well.

A random encounter is going to be bad for him.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I'd imagine both characters would get prep. Not just one or the other. It would be close if both of them had prep. Prometheus's last suit was insane. Immunity to TP, nano second reaction time, nano tech, etc... He basically had everything in Cry For Justice. Not saying Tony couldn't match that, but you can't deny Prometheus's genius.

psycho gundam
**** off. Seriously stop following me around or I'll just report it each time. If you have nothing to contribute than piss off. just observations

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/st.gif

Golgo13
I said Nova could solo the JLA and Thor would as well. What more do you want? mad

DarkSaint85
I'd imagine both characters would get prep. Not just one or the other. It would be close if both of them had prep. Prometheus's last suit was insane. Immunity to TP, nano second reaction time, nano tech, etc... He basically had everything in Cry For Justice. Not saying Tony couldn't match that, but you can't deny Prometheus's genius.

Nah, not denying it - but if Tony pulls something unexpected out of the bag (which he has and can do), then Prometheus is done for.

I give Prometheus the nod in prep, and Iron Man in on the fly reaction planning.

So unless Prometheus one shots Iron Man, and IM hasn't done anything new to his suit (so its exactly the same as the one Prometheus prepped for), IM would win.

Golgo13
Oh, I agree. However, Prometheus potentially has faster reaction times/speeds (like how he handled Jay) and more potential ways to take down Tony. Tony has the edge in direct confrontation and would probably split in a prep battle.

armedforbattle
Oh, I agree. However, Prometheus potentially has faster reaction times/speeds (like how he handled Jay) and more potential ways to take down Tony. Tony has the edge in direct confrontation and would probably split in a prep battle.

Remember Tony has a 'spidey-sense'.

Scoobless
Batmite (or whatever his name is)

juggerman
Joker kidnaps Ironman's gf and demands Tony fight him h2h without the suit if he want to get her back. If he refuses or wears the suit anyway she will be dropped into a giant bucket of acid or something like that.

Tony complies and meets Joker at the prearranged location sans armor. Joker shots Tony in the face and drops his gf in the acid anyway

Mshinu
This guy

http://bite-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ultimate-Batman-Villain.jpg

Btw, I wouldn`t discount the possibility that somewhere on that long crazy list of Batman villains, there is some obscure fellow with alcohol based powers. Whoever he is (the Boozeman?), Tony would loose.

Sixth_Winged
None of Batman's "rogue" would. Clayface could hang in there for a while until Ironman goes serious and unibeam him or something.

Prometheus, it would be really a stretch to classify this guy as a batvillain, more like Jla rogue to me.

The first thing that came to my mind when seeing the title is Batman's stand against the court of owls talon in his suit.

society619
bump

Supermutant
Bruce should really borrow Tony's suit and clean out Gotham.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Galan007
Prometheus definitely has the capability. thumb up

KingD19
Originally posted by juggerman
Joker kidnaps Ironman's gf and demands Tony fight him h2h without the suit if he want to get her back. If he refuses or wears the suit anyway she will be dropped into a giant bucket of acid or something like that.

Tony complies and meets Joker at the prearranged location sans armor. Joker shots Tony in the face and drops his gf in the acid anyway

Girlfriend? When's the last time Tony tied himself down with one woman?

Silent Master
To be fair, he's using a Tony that somehow lost about 150 IQ points right before the fight.

Yamcha
The Riddler

Sure Tony can make suits that you'd basically have to be a rocket scientist to invent but how good is he at solving riddles?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Silent Master
Given the people listed, I'm assuming Tony isn't allowed his armor and he's sleeping when the fights start.

Doesn't sound very fair sad

laughing thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Yamcha
The Riddler

Sure Tony can make suits that you'd basically have to be a rocket scientist to invent but how good is he at solving riddles? He blows the riddle up.

Silent Master
Or runs it through his computers to get the answer.

KingD19
Or just solves it, as he's one of the smartest people on the planet. Right up there with Reed, Bruce Banner, Doom, T'Challa, Doctor Nemesis, etc...

Yamcha
Psh. I'd like to see scans of him solving a riddle..

Tony Stark
None shall pass...

Silent Master
Originally posted by Yamcha
Psh. I'd like to see scans of him solving a riddle..

Psh, I'd like to see scans of Batman solving 1st grade math problems.

Yamcha
Originally posted by Silent Master
Psh, I'd like to see scans of Batman solving 1st grade math problems. http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/f3dadcab-5c3d-4afb-9f6e-eaf00de0a351_zps8b4dd74a.jpg!!!?

You too?!

I thought I was alone on that one ;~;.

Silent Master
smile rock

ODG
Originally posted by KingD19
Or just solves it, as he's one of the smartest people on the planet. Right up there with Reed, Bruce Banner, Doom, T'Challa, Doctor Nemesis, etc... Damn skippy...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/15659/2119307-dr.nemesis_list_of_smartest_heroes_x_club_1.jpg

KingD19
He's the only one with black level access to the LABORATORY OF VIOLENCE!!!

society619
Legit Threats

Ra Al Ghul
Clayface
Prometheus (Not really a core villian however)
Solomon Grundy
Poision Ivy (If she gets the jump on Stark)
Deathstroke

Otherwise You would have to give extremely one sided prep to the majority of Batman villains in order to outsmart Stark. The guy is one the smartest people in the Marvel U. who has prep for fights against the likes of Thor, Hulk, Rulk, Magneto, and The Phoenix Force.

maxivitopowe
But look how well the last 2 went

Mindset
Well.

society619
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
But look how well the last 2 went

Well one is a cosmic force and another major strength is his Tony's weaknesses

Omega Vision
Anyone who thinks Prometheus couldn't prep to take down Iron Man doesn't read any DC/JLA.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Nope.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Anyone who thinks Prometheus couldn't prep to take down Iron Man doesn't read any DC/JLA.

Cry For Justice certainly pushed him.

godking
Ra Al Ghul is the only real threat as he actually can ''outthink'' Tony.

Caps Conscience
We need riddle solving feats.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by society619
Well one is a cosmic force and another major strength is his Tony's weaknesses

What?

Allankles
Originally posted by Scoobless
Batmite (or whatever his name is)

Batmite would be overkill.
We want a fight.

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
Batmite would be overkill.
We want a fight. Look this this mother phucker right here.

DarkSaint85
BatMite.

Edit: someone has beaten me to it.

Otherwise, none of the common Bat foes.

LeonBuco666
Even though batmite it quite literally only a fraction of mxy's power, thats still pretty darn powerful

Sixth_Winged
Non of Bat's actual "villains" pose any threat to Tony (save probably clayface but just by a bit) in a random encounter. Some can with prep but even those can get awry since the only villains to get an upperhand on him prepwise have some great degree of tech savy.

DarkSaint85
It'll have to be a few of them working together, and possibly sneaking in (Mad Hatter tech tampering with the helmet, maybe?) to even have a chance.

juggerman
Joker beats him to death with a crowbar

Brockalizer
Poison Ivy vs Drunk Tony maybe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.