Human Torch VS Poison Ivy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ledgic
Would Johnny beat her? Or would she seduce him and ultimately kill him?

Obviously, he has no help from other members of the Fantastic Four.

pym-ftw
Johnny wins

Damborgson
he gets seduced

ColossusGrundy
I seriously think Johnny's own aura of heat would incinerate the pheromones she puts out before they could even make it to his nose.

The only chance she has is if she can somehow trick him to flame off and seduce him then.

Johnny's a player, but I don't think he'll be played.... Torchy burns her up.

Glorificus
I don't think Ivy could survive standing too close to Johnny. The intense heat would dehydrate her almost instantly.

She'd have to keep her distance and try pheromones or something, and I'm not even sure that would work.

Golgo13
Is Johnny immune to pheromones?

pym-ftw
He should be

JakeTheBank
In a direct confrontation, Johnny should win easily.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
He should be

Has he resisted them before?

Glorificus
Well pheromones are biological compounds, and as with anything biological, intense heat tends to destroy and denature their structure.

If Johnny's radiating enough heat by simply just being, and Poison Ivy has to stay a distance away and rely on wind currents to carry her pheromones to him, by the time the pheromones reach a certain radius of him, wouldn't the heat have already destroyed the chemicals before he could actually breathe them in?

DarkSaint85
Unless he meets her with flame off, and tries to score with her.

Essentially, it relies on J-Storm being dumb.

Ledgic
So... It's easier for Johnny to beat her than it is for Batman?... It makes sense actually.

pym-ftw
^Yeah

Unless you think batman has a fire aura

the ninjak
How would the pheromones get through the intense heat?

He burns her good. Having the Cosmic Control Rod makes it spite.

Zack Fair
I think she can seduce him. She fakes an injury, spasm/etc. and Johnny lets his guard down and tries to help her. Thats all she wrote.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I think she can seduce him. She fakes an injury, spasm/etc. and Johnny lets his guard down and tries to help her. Thats all she wrote.

Too bad both combatants have basic knowledge of each other.

This ain't a Joel Schumacher movie.

pym-ftw
He could burn her toxin out of him aswell if he really wanted a kiss

Zack Fair
Who said anything about pheromones? She flashes them boobs. The End.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Who said anything about pheromones? She flashes them boobs. The End.

He flies around in circles around her. Burning the oxygen out of the air. Then admires those boobs whilst he wins the fight.

Then goes out and scores some without poison in them.

JakeTheBank
Only way Pam wins this is through prep time or PIS, really.

pym-ftw
What could she prep to beat Mr. Storm?

Branlor Swift
Johnny seduces her

TheGodKiller
Johnny melts her heart and then proceeds to burn her body .

JakeTheBank
What could she prep to beat Mr. Storm?

Basic Ivy prep:

Making a disguise to conceal her skin tone and craziness, getting close to her mark, and trying to seduce them. Probably act like a random Johnny Storm fangirl or some shit. Though, afaik, Johnny's matured somewhat and isn't as easily seduced by women. That's literally her only shot.

In anything resembled a "these two guys get warped to a neutral battleground and fight each other" forum match, this is spite against Ivy.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Basic Ivy prep:

Making a disguise to conceal her skin tone and craziness, getting close to her mark, and trying to seduce them. Probably act like a random Johnny Storm fangirl or some shit. Though, afaik, Johnny's matured somewhat and isn't as easily seduced by women. That's literally her only shot.

In anything resembled a "these two guys get warped to a neutral battleground and fight each other" forum match, this is spite against Ivy.

Very True.

It's rare that ppl are placed "in a fight"... so your scenario is a pretty good one.

pym-ftw
I still think he could burn her toxins and poisons out of his body

DarkSaint85
I still think he could burn her toxins and poisons out of his body

He'd have to realise that he's being poisoned, first. If she's getting prep, its likely she'll know not to overdo it with a massive dose, but slowly build it up.

Stoic
This is a pretty solid win for Johnny in a paper, rock, scissors fashion.

DTM
Poison Ivy has virtually no chance to beat Human Torch, even adding in a score of killer plants, Johnny still wins.

abhilegend
She can win by making him ill via stomach bacterias she commands, it worked like a charm on John stewart and I doubt johnny's aura can stop her if gl autoshields couldn't.

Ledgic
Originally posted by abhilegend
She can win by making him ill via stomach bacterias she commands, it worked like a charm on John stewart and I doubt johnny's aura can stop her if gl autoshields couldn't.

GL doesn't have a flame aura.

Glorificus
Does Johnny even have bacteria in his stomach? If so, they must be VERY tough flora with extreme resistance to heat... I'd say it'd be basically impossible for any biological compounds to survive that level of heat when Johnny goes supernova.

It's like the possibility of finding bacteria on the surface of the sun. Not very likely.

pym-ftw
No johnny STOMPS even if he has to flame on ay the start and he contracts plant aids from ivy

the ninjak
I see this is a stomp for Johnny in the end.......

As it should have been from the start.

Golgo13

Hmm, didn't know she can do that. What is Johnny's biggest area blast?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hmm, didn't know she can do that. What is Johnny's biggest area blast?

You're kidding right?

His Supernova has been mastered through living in the Negative Zone in constant gladiatorial combat for the past year, being brought back to life constantly he was able to test his limits without consequence.

He melted an entire arena of AW bugs. Destroyed a huge area mass of AW bugs as well before his first death.

Golgo13
Originally posted by the ninjak
You're kidding right?

His Supernova has been mastered through living in the Negative Zone in constant gladiatorial combat for the past year, being brought back to life constantly he was able to test his limits without consequence.

He melted an entire arena of AW bugs. Destroyed a huge area mass of AW bugs as well before his first death.

So, you think he would just kill Ivy?

the ninjak
You asked what was Johnny's best area blast?

Golgo13
Originally posted by the ninjak
You asked what was Johnny's best area blast?

Yeah, but do you think he'll go nova and kill a perfectly fine ass woman? smile

the ninjak
Johnny has women on the call 24/7!

What does he care of some green psychotic super hippy with a plant fetish and a nice bod?

With basic knowledge he sucks the oxygen out of her. Puts on a pair of rubber gloves and gropes her for a while (gathering evidence for Reed wink) before the feds arrive and haul her ass away into prison.

Johnny has enough bitches to sate him, no green girl is gonna force him to make a mistake.

JakeTheBank

Crap writing at best.

In a typical fight setting, Ivy is losing hard.

Golgo13
Wasn't Ivy growing more powerful and in-tuned with the Green? It's not really crap writing when she was getting a push.

JakeTheBank
Wasn't Ivy growing more powerful and in-tuned with the Green? It's not really crap writing when she was getting a push.

Using an extremely high end feat for Ivy (ie. manipulating stomach bacteria ala Swamp Thing) on a herald being such as a Green Lantern, whose auto-shields somehow fail to stop it to argue her beating Johnny is a forum fight is a stretch at the least and is giving Ivy an absurd amount of credit while giving Johnny very little.

There's no way Ivy can beat Johnny in a random encounter in a neutral environment. She'll need plot and/or prep to do so. Don't see how it's even arguable.

Golgo13
She was also destroying buildings with her plants with ease. And how would the auto shields protect a GL's insides? Has it even been shown block such an attack like Ivy's?

JakeTheBank
She was also destroying buildings with her plants with ease. And how would the auto shields protect a GL's insides? Has it even been shown block such an attack like Ivy's?

Auto shields block against forces such as intense radiation and the dangers of whacky space travel. Makes next to no sense that Ivy's "stomach flu" can get pass a Lantern's auto-shields, let alone a conscious defense, when they've stopped far more drastic threats to a human body.

Destroying buildings is great - Johnny can do that, too, and far faster than she can but okay - but she'll need plants to do that. And that assumes she can manipulate local plant life faster than Johnny can burn them. And also assuming there will be local plant life to assist her to begin with.

She's not winning a quick draw with Johnny, especially if he wants to win. He doesn't even need to kill her to do so.

I can appreciate trying to come up with crazy and unlikely methods of winning for the underdog, but let's be real here about Pam's chances.

Golgo13
If it happened in a comic, she could definitely win. Plants would be coming from all sides and he'd have no chance unless he goes nova. That's assuming she's powered up, Pre-Flashpoint and can affect Johnny through the inside.,

DarkSaint85
How often does Johnny go nova, versus how often Ivy goes May Queen mode...

Yeah, its POSSIBLE for Pam to win, but the odds are very much stacked against her.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How often does Johnny go nova, versus how often Ivy goes May Queen mode...

Yeah, its POSSIBLE for Pam to win, but the odds are very much stacked against her.

How often does Johnny burn people alive? I honestly don't follow HT.

JakeTheBank
If it happened in a comic, she could definitely win. Plants would be coming from all sides and he'd have no chance unless he goes nova. That's assuming she's powered up, Pre-Flashpoint and can affect Johnny through the inside.,

Which is assuming a lot on her behalf and assuming Johnny is functionally retarded, which isn't true.

All he'd have to do is omni-directionally burn and fly around and he's killing loads of plants in record time, which is going to do wonders for Pam's psyche.

You're right in the sense that she could win in a comic where PIS and plot rule the story.

JakeTheBank
How often does Johnny burn people alive? I honestly don't follow HT.

He doesn't have to actually fry someone to beat them.

Non-lethally, or even without causing major harm, Johnny can throw fireballs that detonate with just enough kinetic force to send people flying like a low level grenade. Or burn hot enough to cause them to pass out due to heat exhaustion or deprived oxygen.

Golgo13
How good is his durability and reaction time?

DarkSaint85
I'd say its pretty good, but the main issue is that Pam's usual MO is to use her building crushing plants to wrap tendrils around someone. Torch would burn it off, and from what I've seen, it seems to physically affect her, and quite badly too.

8swords
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
I seriously think Johnny's own aura of heat would incinerate the pheromones she puts out before they could even make it to his nose.

The only chance she has is if she can somehow trick him to flame off and seduce him then.

Johnny's a player, but I don't think he'll be played.... Torchy burns her up.

This, even if you say ivy disguised herself into a normal girl, johnny would still play it safe, and besides if he notices something strange he can just fire up and burn the pheromones

pym-ftw
Minus her walking up to him and shooting him while he is distracted with her chest I can't see how ivy gets any wins out of ten

TheGodKiller
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5k8pfkcXZ1r1au0qo1_500.jpg

TheGodKiller
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Troll+Hulk.+As+seen+on+the+cover+of+Deadpool_4803a4_3753136.jpg

TheGodKiller
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9055/1308772-deadpool_moonstone_super.jpg

DarkSaint85
Is this the right thread, Godkiller?

-Pr-
Minus her walking up to him and shooting him while he is distracted with her chest I can't see how ivy gets any wins out of ten

If he'd eaten a salad in the last day or two, she could take him down.

dynamix
lol the OP didn't specify prep (i'd like to believe seduction is a process and even a prep effort sometimes, lol) so it's understood, to me, that it's a straight up fight. In which case...flame on....her.

dynamix
Originally posted by -Pr-
If he'd eaten a salad in the last day or two, she could take him down.

...although this is a good point, lol.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dynamix
...although this is a good point, lol.

lol. It's a high showing for her; I just mentioned it as being an avenue she might use to get a couple of wins, He really should be getting the majority though; if she attacks him with plants, him torching them will only cause her distress.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is this the right thread, Godkiller?
I'll ask Pr to move those posts to Character Ownage .

TheGodKiller
To Pr :
Please move those posts to Character Ownage .

Bouboumaster
Fire vs Plant
If my Pokemon is correct, Fire should win!

Seriously tho, Human Torch goes Super Nova on her ass.

-Pr-
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
To Pr :
Please move those posts to Character Ownage .

I can't move individual posts. You could probably just quote them and post them in the ownage thread; thats the easiest way.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by -Pr-
I can't move individual posts. You could probably just quote them and post them in the ownage thread; thats the easiest way.
I have posted them in there . Can you delete the ones here ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.