Anti Gravity Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackZero30x
Ok So this is not a conventional battle.

Green Lantern Hal Jordan at his best as a Green Lantern.....no Paralax or any other power ups. Hal Puts the opponent in an anti gravity aura much like the one that surrounds himself during flight. This aura does nothing but defy gravity and the the opponent can not control it. It offers no form of protection. Once the bell sounds and the round starts the opponent will continue to ascend until they reach orbit. Using nothing but pure force of will who can overcome Hal's willpower and set themselves free before reaching orbit? Everyone knows that if they lose not only will they die but everyone they ever cared about will be tortured and killed slowly.

Each opponent will not necessarily be current. It will be them at the peak of their power but not beyond the level provided.....for example if I say Thor then I mean just Thor at his peak not King Thor. For the sake of things every character on the list will die once they reach orbit no matter who they are.

This list is in a non specif order and it continues until everyone has been "tested"

for whoever passes this and lives how would they fair against the combined will of Hal and Kyle?

Wolverine
Spider-Man
Superman
W.W. Hulk
Red Hulk
Batman
Dr. Doom
The Flash(Barry Allen)
Gladiator
Thor
Wonder Women
Cyclops
Aquaman
Ms. Marvel
Magog
Allen Scott(civilian no ring)
Hawkman
The Top

JakeTheBank
So, basically, who can escape from a force bubble from Hal, but only through will?

Doesn't really make sense, as just having a strong will doesn't give you the ability to break Lantern constructs. You need power to do it, whether in the form of strength, energy, another power ring, being Dr. Doom, etc.

BlackZero30x
pretty much.

but the thing about that is the constructs strength is directly dictated by the strength of will by the GL. So if the person of oppositions will is greater then the GL then they should be stronger then the construct.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
pretty much.

but the thing about that is the constructs strength is directly dictated by the strength of will by the GL. So if the person of oppositions will is greater then the GL then they should be stronger then the construct.

Except it doesn't work that way.

The enemy can have greater willpower than the Lantern in question, but that doesn't translate into them being able to shatter a construct. They need either physical strength to do it and/or another form of actually escaping.

DarkSaint85
Unless of course, you're Deathstroke, and its Identity Crisis....

BlackZero30x
So you are saying that a normal person like you or I could not break free from....idk a pair of construct handcuffs?

ok then change the part in the OP of using pure will into channeling their entire will into a single attack. It really doesn't change the spirit of the thread imo.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
So you are saying that a normal person like you or I could not break free from....idk a pair of construct handcuffs?

ok then change the part in the OP of using pure will into channeling their entire will into a single attack. It really doesn't change the spirit of the thread imo.

No, even if we had willpower like an elite Lantern.

In that case quite a few of them can escape.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No, even if we had willpower like an elite Lantern.

In that case quite a few of them can escape.

Interesting.

could the ones that escape do it again even with the combined wills of Hal and Kyle?

abhilegend
People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower. It happened pre-crisis where GL constructs were all but unbreakable. Only yellow impurity and plot device "I have more willpower" was the only way to escape. The only exception was superman. Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by abhilegend
People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower.

thats what I thought.

JakeTheBank
People have escaped from GL constructs because of better willpower. It happened pre-crisis where GL constructs were all but unbreakable. Only yellow impurity and plot device "I have more willpower" was the only way to escape. The only exception was superman. Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

Lobo's broken constructs through will and will alone? No physicality involved?

srankmissingnin
Wolverine broke out of Jeans tk because it was an "extension of her will," and "Wolverine's will is unbeatable." cool

DarkSaint85

Its Lobo, though. So even if he did break out through will alone, I doubt it can be applicable across the board.

abhilegend
Yep.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine broke out of Jeans tk because it was an "extension of her will," and "Wolverine's will is unbeatable." cool
That cow has willpower?

srankmissingnin
Yep.
That cow has willpower?

Cow? confused

Oh! You are thinking of Emma. smile

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cow? confused

Oh! You are thinking of Emma. smile
Don't make me call pr.

I'm talking about Jean "Sacred Cow" Grey.

srankmissingnin
I don't know man, I googled sacred cow and it just had this picture of Emma Frost.

http://gaygamer.net/images/HINDU_sacred_cowHI13820CS.jpg

BlackZero30x
this made me think...

lets say someone was stuck floating about 15 feet off the ground and couldn't get down....would this be BFR or would it be incapacitating?

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I don't know man, I googled sacred cow and it just had this picture of Emma Frost.

http://gaygamer.net/images/HINDU_sacred_cowHI13820CS.jpg
laughing out loud

Cogito
Post crisis only Lobo has done so.

Scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.