weakest character in dc or marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Street level
Meta level
Herald level

No prep
Who would be hard pressed to get a majority against anyone in there power bracket

My picks are

Punisher
Toad
Terrax

Who are yours?

JakeTheBank
Disagree with Punisher being the weakest street leveler. Barring supporting characters who are primarily non-combatants and civilians as "streets", I'd say people like Two-Face and Riddler rank lower than Frank Castle.

Blight
Is Rick Jones a Street Leveler? He was trained by Cap and I think he'd be beaten in hand to hand by Punisher.

StiltmanFTW
If Punisher is the weakest street, then I don't want to see the best...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blight
Is Rick Jones a Street Leveler? He was trained by Cap and I think he'd be beaten in hand to hand by Punisher.

thumb up

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
If Punisher is the weakest street, then I don't want to see the best...

thumb up

pym-ftw
I think we need a catagory below street

Street level should be all peak or almost peak

Rick Jones would lose to some primarily support based character

If you want the bottom of the list I'd say scarecrow

Blight
High Street is more peak level and above. I'd say Jones is a mid to low street.

Frankly, characters like Scarecrow and Penguin and Jarvais should be in a class all their own, like Civilian class...

Uriel005
Street: Irwin Schwabb- though he pulls win through fail

Meta- Butterball- only saving grace is the kid is completely immutable as of yet. Otherwise forever stuck as a teenage fatty w/ bad acne

Herald- Anyone who has to transform i.e. Billy Batson etc. easy weakness exploitation for anyone capable of breaking the sound barrier.

JakeTheBank
Billy Batson =/= Captain Marvel, though. Beating or killing Billy before he can transform is exactly that, not beating Captain Marvel.

Stoic

Rick is A-Bomb.

DarkSaint85
Some of the magic users are real glass cannons. Constantine for example would get ktfo by any decent MA.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by pym-ftw
My picks are

Punisher
Toad
Terrax punisher being named was offensive enough, but terrax being weak is a stupid forum myth

terrax went toe to toe with morg, slashed tyrant's chest open during an assault on the latter, oneshotted a planet, etc. the sentry incident isn't a weak showing but more of an indication of how powerful sentry was

Doctor-Alvis
Where does Bernard the Poet rank?

Bouboumaster
Street level: Mad hatter? Riddler?

Nibedicus
Weakest Meta? Hmmmm. Classic Beast? I also remember a Spiderman villain called the Kangaroo. All the guy could do was jump around. Had low level superhuman strength tho.

Weakest herald leveler would be uber bricks with no other powers like Herc or maybe Abomination.

SamZED
D-man!

golem370
Street Wyatt Wingfoot

Meta Killer Croc

Herald Level Jack of Hearts

basilisk
Originally posted by golem370
Street Wyatt Wingfoot

Meta Killer Croc

Herald Level Jack of Hearts

Guys like Wingfoot and Jones aren't good enough to be street they are sub-street tier, more like gutter or sewer level.

golem370
Falcon

Stoic
Originally posted by basilisk
Guys like Wingfoot and Jones aren't good enough to be street they are sub-street tier, more like gutter or sewer level.

Did you know that Rick Jones is A-Bomb?

srankmissingnin
High Street is more peak level and above. I'd say Jones is a mid to low street.

Frankly, characters like Scarecrow and Penguin and Jarvais should be in a class all their own, like Civilian class...

Scarecrow has held his own in melee with Batman like half a dozen times.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by basilisk
laughing out loud

Harsh.

Blight
Originally posted by Stoic
Did you know that Rick Jones is A-Bomb? Who cares if he's A-Bomb? A win against Bruce Banner isn't a win against Hulk, likewise for Billy Batson and Captain Marvel. Rick Jones does not share feats with A-Bomb.

Also, A-Bomb is the worst thing to happen to that character.

BlackZero30x
Has anyone said wolverine yet? shifty

pym-ftw
If you take him as a forum herald

BlackZero30x
never! >:[

Stoic
Who cares if he's A-Bomb? A win against Bruce Banner isn't a win against Hulk, likewise for Billy Batson and Captain Marvel. Rick Jones does not share feats with A-Bomb.

Also, A-Bomb is the worst thing to happen to that character.

Currently Rick Jones is above the street level. The rest of your post means nothing.

Digi
Some of the prep gods would be near the top. Lex is a Superman villain but could be taken out by mid-streets. Doctor Who can rival abstracts when pushed, but in a non-prep scenario might get taken out by low metas (the more esoteric and powerful functions of his screwdriver would prevent a loss to a street-ish MA'er).

We also have a "civilian" tier, it's low street. Basically any character without skills is in there. There's not really a point to differentiating between Jarvis and, say, some powerless 30-year-old friend of a hero.

Blight
Currently Rick Jones is above the street level. The rest of your post means nothing. What feats outside of A-Bomb prove he's above street? If I write in a post "Rick Jones Vs. X", I don't mean A-Bomb.

Stoic
What feats outside of A-Bomb prove he's above street? If I write in a post "Rick Jones Vs. X", I don't mean A-Bomb.

Well I thought that we went with the most current version of the character. Rick Jones has the ability to turn into a high class 100 character, which does away with him being a Punisher level character. While you are technically correct in one way, you are attempting to ignore that Rick is no longer human, but that he is in fact a super human. When I say Cain Marko, do you picture him without the power of the Juggernaut?

Blight
Well I thought that we went with the most current version of the character. Rick Jones has the ability to turn into a high class 100 character, which does away with him being a Punisher level character. While you are technically correct in one way, you are attempting to ignore that Rick is no longer human, but that he is in fact a super human. When I say Cain Marko, do you picture him without the power of the Juggernaut? Cain Marko obtained an artifact that makes him Juggernaut. Likewise when someone says Bruce Banner Vs. Someone, they usually mean a battle of wits. Not to mention Cain no longer has the power of Juggernaut... so by your estimation it would, in fact, mean he didn't have the power of Juggernaut.

My stating Rick Jones as a weak Street meant his fighting prowess, not his ability to change into a brick.

Stoic
My stating Rick Jones as a weak Street meant his fighting prowess, not his ability to change into a brick.

It seemed more to me like you were covering the fact that you forgot that Rick was Abomb.

He is not a street level character, he is a super human. Spin it however you like. Rick is no longer a human level character. Just deal with it man. He was also trained by Captain America, and has some decent moves. In his human form he simply does not have the power to put a super human down. Just accept that Rick has power now. I'm questioning why instead of coming forward, and just saying whoops, I forgot that Rick was A-Bomb, that you choose to instead try to cover the gaff? By all means though continue to spin it.

Blight
Why are you so quick to assume what my motives are, like there ever were any. I couldn't care less what you think I meant or forgot. I don't count A-bomb as part of Rick Jones when I say Rick jones and not A-Bomb. Period.

tkitna
Street leveler

http://www.electricferret.com/static/images/cbub/cbub_contender_image/1/1375/1375.jpg

psycho gundam
chickenwings from the morlocks was pretty helpless

DarkSaint85
Beak....

StiltmanFTW
Tinkerer.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Beak.... chickenwings was weaker than he was. he was a malnourished and missing a left arm version of beak, so even flying was a huge task

Batman-Prime
Street level
DC: Detective Chimp, Marvel: Iron Fist

Meta level
DC: GL Kyle Rayner, Marvel: Dr. Doom

Herald level
DC: GL Guy Gardner, Marvel: Thanos

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Street level
DC: Detective Chimp, Marvel: Iron Fist

Meta level
DC: GL Kyle Rayner, Marvel: Dr. Doom

Herald level
DC: GL Guy Gardner, Marvel: Thanos

Swap Chimp out for Batman, and Guy for Superman, and you got a deal.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Swap Chimp out for Batman, and Guy for Superman, and you got a deal.

Oh sorry, my bad how could i use Chimp, I was out of my mind... But I have to swap Chimp for Superman and Guy for Batman, don't you think?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
chickenwings was weaker than he was. he was a malnourished and missing a left arm version of beak, so even flying was a huge task

Yeah, Beak wasn't sick or anything, he has beaten the shit out of Beast with a titanium baseball bat.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Digi
Some of the prep gods would be near the top. Lex is a Superman villain but could be taken out by mid-streets. Doctor Who can rival abstracts when pushed, but in a non-prep scenario might get taken out by low metas (the more esoteric and powerful functions of his screwdriver would prevent a loss to a street-ish MA'er).

We also have a "civilian" tier, it's low street. Basically any character without skills is in there. There's not really a point to differentiating between Jarvis and, say, some powerless 30-year-old friend of a hero. Bullshit Doctor Who doesn't lose

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.