Ironman & Green Lantern vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
Ironman has Extremis armor
Green Lantern is Hal Jordan

Can the duo defeat the surfer????

Odekahn
Jordan solos in a good fight.

ColossusGrundy
Yes... Jordan would solo possibly, IM makes it a sure thing.

pym-ftw
Not if surfer is even remotely serious

If he doesn't want to fight then he is overpowered

abhilegend
Team gets a comfortable majority, 7 or 8/10.

janus77
Surfer ftw 9/10.

Harbinger
WTF is Iron Man in this fight?

Surfer over Hal. 7/10.

Golgo13
Team.

armedforbattle
Hal is not beating surfer by himself.
But this team will win, especially if surfers holding back.

Damborgson
Surfer wins. He should handle Ironman and Hal will follow.

abhilegend
Iron man has beaten surfer, twice.

Damborgson
so?

Golgo13
Hal would give Surfer a good fight, adding IM is too much.

armedforbattle
Yes hal would give SS a fight. But hes not beating him.
however ironman can turn majority over to the team, dont get it twisted ironman is no pushover

Damborgson
Ironman's a badass but he'll play with the big boys only as a long as they let him without good prep.

Surfer should be no exception.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
so?
Surfer obviously oneshots him. Comics don't count for surfer after all.

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Surfer obviously oneshots him. Comics don't count for surfer after all. Nah, he oneshots Hal then has a hard fought battle with Tony.

But wins 10/10.

abhilegend
Ironman's a badass but he'll play with the big boys only as a long as they let him without good prep.

Surfer should be no exception.
One time Iron man and surfer just collided and knocked each other out.

Golgo13
One time Iron man and surfer just collided and knocked each other out.

Was IM's suit destroyed?

Damborgson
Surfer obviously oneshots him. Comics don't count for surfer after all.

laughing out loud Your hate for Surfer is sad but funny

abhilegend
Originally posted by Golgo13
Was IM's suit destroyed?
Nope.Originally posted by Damborgson
laughing out loud Your hate for Surfer is sad but funny
So quoting surfer's actual battles is hating now?

Damborgson

So quoting surfer's actual battles is hating now?

No. Hating on Surfer is hating now. C'mon Abhi.

armedforbattle
Nope.

IM has some really good durability.
Getting hit with nukes at point blank.
taking hits from Mjolnir, with no side effects (bleeding edge armor)

abhilegend
Here are the fights btw

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad23jw.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad35bd.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad48uz.jpg

and

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/Image1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/radno22nl.jpg

DTM
Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt the Iron Man / Silver Surfer joint knock out during Surfers time as a Defender (he was basically just the Defenders standard blasting flier), when he was noticeably less powerful than hes become since then? (heck, Marvel during that time rated Surfers strength as Class 10 - 20 during the 70s). Surfer for a while now has been noticably more powerful than Iron Man, using his powers for much more than simply blasting. So no, IM has little to no chance to solo Surfer, and while Hal is more powerful than Tony, he too wont be beating Surfer alone. BUT together, I could see them taking their share of the wins against a lone Surfer. More than 50% of the time, Im not sure.

DTM
Here are the fights btw

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad23jw.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad35bd.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/norad48uz.jpg

and

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/Image1.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r172/TETRA001/radno22nl.jpg

Yep, during Surfers Defenders days. Hes much more powerful now than he was then, using his powers in much better ways than he did then as well.

abhilegend
No. Hating on Surfer is hating now. C'mon Abhi.
I don't hate surfer, I actually like him and has read every appearance of him. I hate his fanboys though. I give him credit where credit is due.

Stoic
A blood lusted Surfer would dispatch these two rather easily, just look at Exiles Surfer to give you an idea of how messy things could get. In character though I can see the team winning barely, but I could easily be convinced of the Surfer taking this.

Damborgson
I don't hate surfer, I actually like him and has read every appearance of him. I hate his fanboys though. I give him credit where credit is due.

Then we have that in common. Except with me it's the Hulk.

anyways, Surfer wins. And anyone who disagrees (especially Abhi) is a hater. cool

Golgo13
Originally posted by Stoic
A blood lusted Surfer would dispatch these two rather easily, just look at Exiles Surfer to give you an idea of how messy things could get. In character though I can see the team winning barely, but I could easily be convinced of the Surfer taking this.

A bloodlusted Hal would tear Surfer a new one. cool

abhilegend
Originally posted by DTM
Correct me if Im wrong, but wasnt the Iron Man / Silver Surfer joint knock out during Surfers time as a Defender (he was basically just the Defenders standard blasting flier), when he was noticeably less powerful than hes become since then? (heck, Marvel during that time rated Surfers strength as Class 10 - 20 during the 70s). Surfer for a while now has been noticably more powerful than Iron Man, using his powers for much more than simply blasting. So no, IM has little to no chance to solo Surfer, and while Hal is more powerful than Tony, he too wont be beating Surfer alone. BUT together, I could see them taking their share of the wins against a lone Surfer. More than 50% of the time, Im not sure.
You are quite correct that it was during his defenders days, but he nearly killed thor with just a warning blast in the same comic where Iron man koed him and in the same era beat Michael Korvac one on one. Compare that to today when Thor tanks his all out blasts.

abhilegend
One Krona buster and surfer is dead.

Stoic
A bloodlusted Hal would tear Surfer a new one. cool

Based on? Krona?

Stoic
One Krona buster and surfer is dead.

One board moving above light speed and both IM and Hal are bisected.

Golgo13
Based on? Krona?

That and I think he gave the JLA a good fight. Even in his classic days, he was casually mind controlling the JLA, turning guys like Superman into energy, etc... And supposedly those feats are still cannon.

abhilegend
Based on? Krona?
Yep.Originally posted by Stoic
One board moving above light speed and both IM and Hal are bisected. Except both have auto-shields to protect them. Hal once got punch clean through a planet and wasn't even dazed by that.

Stoic
That and I think he gave the JLA a good fight. Even in his classic days, he was casually mind controlling the JLA, turning guys like Superman into energy, etc... And supposedly those feats are still cannon.

The Surfer has cosmic awareness when written properly, as he stated he could locate a dust mote in the far reaches of space. Hitting him is the problem when he's on his game. How do you think he avoids hitting asteroids while flying at light speed through an asteroid field? Surfer's no joke. Hal is not beating him.

abhilegend
No, they are not canon.

Golgo13
The Surfer has cosmic awareness when written properly, as he stated he could locate a dust mote in the far reaches of space. Hitting him is the problem when he's on his game. How do you think he avoids hitting asteroids while flying at light speed through an asteroid field? Surfer's no joke. Hal is not beating him.

LOL! @ cosmic awareness. Hal has tagged speedsters, he'll have no problem with slowpoke Surfer.

Stoic
Yep. Except both have auto-shields to protect them. Hal once got punch clean through a planet and wasn't even dazed by that.

Lobo once ripped through Hal's shields with a smile on his face. Prime ripped through miles of willpower. Superman tore through Hal's shields. Again the Surfer is no joke when he's on his game.

Golgo13
No, they are not canon.

Maybe not in the DCnU, but pre-flashpoint, PR stated that we can use them.

Stoic
LOL! @ cosmic awareness. Hal has tagged speedsters, he'll have no problem with slowpoke Surfer.

Surfer a slowpoke, you're kidding. Does anyone recall how fast the Surfer moved, and how far away he was when he attempted to remove the IG from Thanos?

abhilegend
GLs do that all the time, i.e. moving through asteroid belts at FTL speed. Surfer isn't known for his combat speed.

abhilegend
Surfer a slowpoke, you're kidding. Does anyone recall how fast the Surfer moved, and how far away he was when he attempted to remove the IG from Thanos?
Travel speed. Thanos reacted faster than surfer and cap was dodging his punches easily.

Stoic
GLs do that all the time, i.e. moving through asteroid belts at FTL speed. Surfer isn't known for his combat speed.

Is Hal invulnerable? What would happen if the Surfer cut his ring finger off? Or his arm?

abhilegend
Maybe not in the DCnU, but pre-flashpoint, PR stated that we can use them. They aren't even in DCU. Pr is wrong then.

DTM
Im pretty sure weve seen plenty of instances where Surfer is flying around at superspeed, blasting away at multiple targets with both hands. Im not saying hes fighting at FTL speeds, but definately hes more than able to fly at massive speeds and fighting at the same time.

CosmicComet
Avoiding hitting an asteroid belt at light speed?

Not very impressive.

Especially considering how sparsely packed asteroid belts can be to a human sized object, such as with Saturn's belt.

Even a person flying at lightspeed should have more than enough time to maneuver within such a huge space.

Besides this, his own cosmic awareness works against the idea of him being so fast reflex wise due to navigation, seeing as he can see things from very far away, that he can adjust his trajectory from very far away, without ever having to do so at a dime.

abhilegend
Is Hal invulnerable? What would happen if the Surfer cut his ring finger off? Or his arm?
His shields would prevent that from happening. Also he can just ask the ring to re-attach them. Lobo once cut a gl to pieces, his ring made him whole again.

Stoic
Travel speed. Thanos reacted faster than surfer and cap was dodging his punches easily.

So is Hal a hyper fighter? I recall Batman trouncing Guy.

Stoic
His shields would prevent that from happening. Also he can just ask the ring to re-attach them. Lobo once cut a gl to pieces, his ring made him whole again.

So are you trying to say that GL's don't die? I know that the Surfer was cut to pieces and he didn't die from it. This is without anything but the power that he uses. Also those auto shields have been penetrated more than once by significant force. The Surfer has such force at his disposal.

DTM
Well, Batman KOed Guy without his ring, so that Guy and this Hal are not even in the same ballpark really.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Well, Batman KOed Guy without his ring, so that Guy and this Hal are not even in the same ballpark really.

What about Robin in yellow. Who did he beat up?

DTM
Not sure Im aware of that instance.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
Not sure Im aware of that instance.

Could Norrin turn yellow with the power cosmic?

Golgo13

thumb up Do you remember which GL that was? Was this a Pre-Crisis feat?

Stoic

What would happen if Norrin turned yellow?

carver9
You can add Ultraman to team one and Surfer still stomps.

Golgo13
What would happen if Norrin turned yellow?

Yellow isn't there weakness anymore.

DTM
I dont think I remember Surfer ever turning another color before anyway.

Stoic
Yellow isn't there weakness anymore.

I thought that the weakness still existed but that they can will themselves to be nearly immune to it's effects?

Golgo13
I don't think so. Hal hasn't been affected by yellow for awhile. I think that weakness was lifted to everyone, but I need to check again.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
I dont think I remember Surfer ever turning another color before anyway.

I think that he can. Do you recall his little match with the Impossible Man?

abhilegend
So is Hal a hyper fighter? I recall Batman trouncing Guy.
Nope, his travel speed rivals surfer though.Originally posted by Stoic
So are you trying to say that GL's don't die? I know that the Surfer was cut to pieces and he didn't die from it. This is without anything but the power that he uses. Also those auto shields have been penetrated more than once by significant force. The Surfer has such force at his disposal.
I never said that. That was unilord surfer, noncanon to 616 surfer. The only guy who has done that to hal is SBP and surfer doesn't have that much power.Originally posted by Stoic
What about Robin in yellow. Who did he beat up?
All star batman and robin. That's non canon. Yellow isn't a weakness to gls anymore.Originally posted by Golgo13
Jack T. Chance. Green lantern corps quarterly 5. Its post crisis.

DTM
Ah, kinda, though dont remember him turning colors there.

-Pr-
I thought that the weakness still existed but that they can will themselves to be nearly immune to it's effects?

When Parallax is in the battery it exists, but it doesn't affect people like Hal, Kyle etc.

Stoic
Question. Has Hal ever traveled so fast that he was able to go back in time? Not talking about pre crisis times here but recent times.

janus77
Surfer's board beheads IM in the first pico-second and swings back to behead GL on rout to returning to Surfer's side.

Surfer sips his latte and chills.

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
When Parallax is in the battery it exists, but it doesn't affect people like Hal, Kyle etc. thumb up

It still affects rookies, they have to train against it.

Probably still affects Hal too since he's rookie level.

Mindset
Question. Has Hal ever traveled so fast that he was able to go back in time? Not talking about pre crisis times here but recent times. Hal has never gone so fast that he has gone back in time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.