Tanaraq the Great Beast vs WBH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Skyfather vs Skyfather Light who wins?

Harbinger
Tanaraq.

YFZ 350
Hulk. Beta Ray Bill was stomping Tanaraq's @ss.

the Darkone
Originally posted by golem370
Skyfather vs Skyfather Light who wins?

WBH is no skyfather light more of low trans, Tarnarq wins more versatile

carver9
WBH is physically skyfather but overall High trans. WBH wins this.

Diesldude
Originally posted by carver9
WBH is physically skyfather but overall High trans. WBH wins this. Carver, where do you place the giant WBH after he absorbed all that gamma radiation from FFF? Is he above this physical skyfather?

Galan007
I pick whoever Mungi picks.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
Carver, where do you place the giant WBH after he absorbed all that gamma radiation from FFF? Is he above this physical skyfather?

I already gave my stance so any other questions doesn't matter.

ODG
What did Tanaraq ever do to put himself at the level of a Skyfather?

Stoic
Originally posted by ODG

I asked myself the same question several times, but only came up with "He has a cool name".

the Darkone
Originally posted by ODG

To my understanding of the great beast, if they reach full power they are supposedly sky fathers level, but the thing we haven't seen them at full powered. Alpha flight in chaos king they were more of affraid of the great beast reaching their full potential than the chaos king, go figure!

the Darkone
Originally posted by carver9
WBH is physically skyfather but overall High trans. WBH wins this.

Uh no, mid trans or so yes, but sky father hell no!!

Stoic
Originally posted by the Darkone
To my understanding of the great beast, if they reach full power they are supposedly sky fathers level, but the thing we haven't seen them at full powered. Alpha flight in chaos king they were more of affraid of the great beast reaching their full potential than the chaos king, go figure!

You know what kills me about mini crap title crossovers? They tend to just launch shit at the reader, with no foreshadowing, or building up of certain characters, and the reader is then suddenly forced to eat the feces up without questioning it's validity. Then we turn around only to see the mighty "Whogivesashit" get torn out of their super tights by Horace the unknown.

-K-M-
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Hulk. Beta Ray Bill was stomping Tanaraq's @ss.

No he wasn't, he was fighting Sasquatch not Tanaraq and the fight stopped as Walter had a nervous breakdown and started to cry. Also BRB actually sucker punched Sasquatch which began the fight.

Originally posted by ODG

Not much, he powered up four planet busters. Problem is he has always been in a 100 ft cage. We have NEVER seen unleashed full Tanaraq.

Originally posted by Stoic
You know what kills me about mini crap title crossovers? They tend to just launch shit at the reader, with no foreshadowing, or building up of certain characters, and the reader is then suddenly forced to eat the feces up without questioning it's validity. Then we turn around only to see the mighty "Whogivesashit" get torn out of their super tights by Horace the unknown.

Actually what was said in the CW mini was even said in the original Alpha Flight series. So wasn't like therewas no foreshadowing or buildup. They killed their entire universe

Endless Mike
Tanaraq

janus77
WBH.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -K-M-
We have NEVER seen unleashed full Tanaraq. Except when he fought Beta.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Except when he fought Beta.

That wasn't Tanaraq, that literally was Tanaraq creating illusions for Walter thinking friends were foes it even says it in the comic itself.

Walter was in control, it wasn't Tanaraq.

Branlor Swift
that literally was Tanaraq it even says it in the comic itself.
thumb up

-K-M-
roll eyes (sarcastic)

ColossusGrundy
This is a typical Hulk vs Monster fight........... which Hulk almost always eventually wins.

Hulk wins this one as well and keeps his streak going.

TheHulk
WBH

-K-M-
Personally, this should be a no-contest. Tanaraq has all this applied power but we actually havent seen him at all. Omega Flight was the only time we saw true Tanaraq and he was still locked in his prison. He did power up four people to be planet busters, controls death and decay, and was in control of Surtur's army but we never saw him out of his cage. We never saw even his limit of power

So really no one can say who wins between WWH and Tanaraq. That's a fact.

Scoobless
Doc Strange said GR could whup Hulk, Tanaraq whupped GR #coughinexilescough# ... so there you go.

Exiles says it so it must be true, that's the rule!!!!!!!

smile

-K-M-
Tanaraq whooped Kulan Gath (Dr.Strange equal), one-shot Dr.Doom/Namora (equal to 616 Namor, they fought)/Mimic AND Zarathos. Exiles Tanaraq was a beast...pun intended.

Really 616 Tanaraq has been in a cage for thousands of years but from what we have seen in Choas War a full powered Beast is no joke.

YFZ 350
I'm pretty sure the narrative stated Sasquatch was possessed by Tanaraq when BRB was smacking his @ss.

janus77
Personally, this should be a no-contest. Tanaraq has all this applied power but we actually havent seen him at all. Omega Flight was the only time we saw true Tanaraq and he was still locked in his prison. He did power up four people to be planet busters, controls death and decay, and was in control of Surtur's army but we never saw him out of his cage. We never saw even his limit of power

So really no one can say who wins between WWH and Tanaraq. That's a fact.
That's called a "no limits fallacy" and it's not accepted on KMC, as far as I understand it.

We go by feats and whatever supporting evidence we can find.

WBH is just orders of magnitude greater than mere planet busters.

Even as Grey Hulk he was a planet buster, as Green Scar he was "World Breaker" and when he unleashed a little of that power, he accomplished feats that a Skyfather could not (on-panel depiction and statement of Umar).

WBH wins this.

-K-M-
Originally posted by YFZ 350
I'm pretty sure the narrative stated Sasquatch was possessed by Tanaraq when BRB was smacking his @ss.

His spirit was in Walter while his real body remained in the Realm of the Beasts. He was using him as an avatar to cross over same as what Tundra did in Alpha Flight #1 but wasn't really him.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/OmegaFlight_5_0011.jpg

As noted by Talisman and shown Walter was in control, but Tanaraq was making it seem like friends were foes. It was not Tanaraq, nor was it full powered Tanaraq. They do not become full-power just crossing over as noted in Alpha Flight vol.1 and in Chaos War. Also Tanaraq powered up Wrecker to match BRB, yet you think a full-powered Tanaraq couldn't match BRB? nuh uh.

-K-M-
Originally posted by janus77
That's called a "no limits fallacy" and it's not accepted on KMC, as far as I understand it.

We go by feats and whatever supporting evidence we can find.

WBH is just orders of magnitude greater than mere planet busters.

Even as Grey Hulk he was a planet buster, as Green Scar he was "World Breaker" and when he unleashed a little of that power, he accomplished feats that a Skyfather could not (on-panel depiction and statement of Umar).

WBH wins this.

You do see the irony of arguing a No limits fallacy with Hulk right?

No it just means some characters arent used because we don't know really anything about them. Since we don't know what his limits are how can you say WBH wins? You can't. Same can be said for those aruging Tanaraq wins. You can't. Do we see a lot of planet busting feats from abstracts? No. Do we see many feats of them in general? No. So following that logic WWH could beat an abstract.

janus77
You do see the irony of arguing a No limits fallacy with Hulk right?

No it just means some characters arent used because we don't know really anything about them. Since we don't know what his limits are how can you say WBH wins? You can't. Same can be said for those aruging Tanaraq wins. You can't. Do we see a lot of planet busting feats from abstracts? No. Do we see many feats of them in general? No. So following that logic WWH could beat an abstract.
There would be something hypocritical, in bringing up the issue of no-limits, if the argument I presented was that Hulk can always grow stronger. I did not, I said that given the established feats, Hulk wins.

Are you claiming that Tanaraq is an abstract level character? If so, then prove that point otherwise using the lack of feats particular to abstracts as a defence is no defence at all.

Tanaraq as far as I can see from the feats posted up, has featured, has feats and they are of a decidedly unimpressive nature when compared to the feats of WBH.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
thumb up

lol

danny great fix. canadian

km has it right a couple times--it is ironic whenever anyone backing wbh cries no limits, and......this is impossible to call though tanaraq i would think could at the very least win 10/10 via bfr.

and anyway, canada wins.

-K-M-
Originally posted by janus77
There would be something hypocritical, in bringing up the issue of no-limits, if the argument I presented was that Hulk can always grow stronger. I did not, I said that given the established feats, Hulk wins.

Are you claiming that Tanaraq is an abstract level character? If so, then prove that point otherwise using the lack of feats particular to abstracts as a defence is no defence at all.

Tanaraq as far as I can see from the feats posted up, has featured, has feats and they are of a decidedly unimpressive nature when compared to the feats of WBH.

and you missed the point, we only saw true Tanaraq for one-two issues and he was locked in a cage. What we did see from him is he powered up 4 planet busters, and was commander of Surtur's demon army. We never saw him fight or actually out of the cage (his true body or full-powered) or even show a limit. So to say we can actually debate who would win in a straight fight is false.

Way to miss the point again, we know there are characters far stronger then WBH/WWH but don't have planet busting feats. So since they have less feats we can automatically assume Hulk wins? No. For instance the Beasts don't have planet busting feats but with just a few members (not all of them) and not even at full power were taking on Chaos King and his God Army..... and were winning. Do you think Hulk could do that?

No one knows what the Beasts truely are for instance it was said, the Great Beasts were embodiments of death on Earth when it was first commencing to come alive. It was stated "the Great Beasts rule over death and decay, and can implore death and decay as a weapon against mankind" as well as "The Great Beasts come from a time long before good or evil, for that matter, right or wrong. They're hellstorms, nothing more or less--living breathing tornadoes of mystical energy--consuming everything in their path without restraint or remorse." and "Great Beasts are deathless as a fable and are mythology incarnate. They are responsible for making the first men fear the darkness and the cold".

Did we see planet-busting feats from Zeus? No, but I wouldn't give Hulk the edge over Zeus

-K-M-
Bingo Leo, this is impossible to say.

Yeah Tanaraq could easily BFR, but people want Tanaraq to play ye'old punching match ie. his game.

guy222
wbh

the Darkone
Tanaraq

iceman24567
Tanaraq

juggernaut74
WBH.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.