Vulcan vs. Annihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Standard versions
2. Vulcan (Darwin) vs. Annihilus w/ CCR & QBs

Who wins?

eaebiakuya
Imo annihilus win the second one.

Stoic
Anni in both. With the CCR he could match Vulcan's energy manipulations, or likely outright overpower him in that field, and in terms of getting physical I would give Anni the win as well.

The 2nd scenario is a wash. Anni devours him.

leonidas
i think the second match is actually tailor made for vulcan to win. i don't see the q-bands being effective at all against him and i'd guess he could use the energies of the ccr as well. the first one i don't get. you mean anni with just ccr and vulcan as he was in wok? i think the rod hurts anni (at least in theory) more than it helps in both cases.

celeyhyga17
Annihilus takes both.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
i think the second match is actually tailor made for vulcan to win. i don't see the q-bands being effective at all against him and i'd guess he could use the energies of the ccr as well. the first one i don't get. you mean anni with just ccr and vulcan as he was in wok? i think the rod hurts anni (at least in theory) more than it helps in both cases.

I don't get your reasoning here. Quasar has shut down , and manipulated cosmic powered characters with the Q Bands alone, and the CCR has been shown to be far greater in that respect. Vulcan is an energy manipulator of high standing, but I have my doubts of him being able to take control of the CCR.

Harbinger
I'd give Vulcan the majority in the second majority. The Living Death that Walks wins the first.

Stoic
Originally posted by Harbinger
I'd give Vulcan the majority in the second majority. The Living Death that Walks wins the first.

Why do you give him the nod in the 2nd? It's not as if the Q-Bands can affect Anni, after all, he devoured Quasar with ease, and Quasar fought like hell to resist. I really have my doubts that Vulcan could harm Anni while wearing the CCR. I think that he'd have to adjust, and shut down the Q-Bands from actively working against him, but he is the dominant physical character in this battle after all, so the CCR could hold Vulcan off at the very least, while Anni turns it into a brawl for the win.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't get your reasoning here. Quasar has shut down , and manipulated cosmic powered characters with the Q Bands alone, and the CCR has been shown to be far greater in that respect. Vulcan is an energy manipulator of high standing, but I have my doubts of him being able to take control of the CCR.

well, you touched on my reasoning in your post. i'd honestly be shocked if vulcan met quasar in a battle and vulcan didn't pwn him. the q-bands are the essence of energy weapons. i can't see them being a threat to vulcan at all. even if he couldn't outright control them (which i think he might be able to do) he'd be impervious to their powers. the ccr is a bit different. i'm not entirely sure how it might be used against vulcan, but in theory at least, vulcan should be impervious to whatever energy-based powers it has. i mean it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to control exotic powers--the eldest's power and warlock's magic. with the eldest he cut him off from his entire race. i don't see why it would be impossible for him to disconnect anni from the ccr. at least in theory. i think there is enough proof though to make the claim not wholly crazy.

anni could still win by going purely physical as vulcan is an idiot in combat, but based on his powerset i don't see this as being a good match for anni anymore than i would see vulcan vs a gl a good match up.

Harbinger
This part:

well, you touched on my reasoning in your post. i'd honestly be shocked if vulcan met quasar in a battle and vulcan didn't pwn him. the q-bands are the essence of energy weapons. i can't see them being a threat to vulcan at all. even if he couldn't outright control them (which i think he might be able to do) he'd be impervious to their powers.

Is why I'd give Vulcan the advantage in the second fight. Hell, I'd go one step further than leo and say that I think he'd be able to control the quantum bands.

Lord Feron
well, you touched on my reasoning in your post. i'd honestly be shocked if vulcan met quasar in a battle and vulcan didn't pwn him. the q-bands are the essence of energy weapons. i can't see them being a threat to vulcan at all. even if he couldn't outright control them (which i think he might be able to do) he'd be impervious to their powers. the ccr is a bit different. i'm not entirely sure how it might be used against vulcan, but in theory at least, vulcan should be impervious to whatever energy-based powers it has. i mean it's not like he hasn't shown the ability to control exotic powers--the eldest's power and warlock's magic. with the eldest he cut him off from his entire race. i don't see why it would be impossible for him to disconnect anni from the ccr. at least in theory. i think there is enough proof though to make the claim not wholly crazy.

anni could still win by going purely physical as vulcan is an idiot in combat, but based on his powerset i don't see this as being a good match for anni anymore than i would see vulcan vs a gl a good match up.

thumb up

Stoic

Good points, and post. I think the entire thing is speculative, and see the match akin to water vs water. Which is why I only see the outcome of it becoming a physical match with Anni being Vulcan's superior. Proving that Vulcan could control the CCR is really anyone's guess but I'm betting against it. However even with Vulcan taking control of the Q-Bands (If at all possible) He would have to wrestle for that control by overpowering the CCR. You see what I mean? On the flip sides the Quantum energy has zero effect on Anni, and only increases his already considerable might.

A brawl is likely the final outcome of this match IMO.

leonidas
Originally posted by Stoic
Good points, and post. I think the entire thing is speculative, and see the match akin to water vs water. Which is why I only see the outcome of it becoming a physical match with Anni being Vulcan's superior. Proving that Vulcan could control the CCR is really anyone's guess but I'm betting against it. However even with Vulcan taking control of the Q-Bands (If at all possible) He would have to wrestle for that control by overpowering the CCR. You see what I mean? On the flip sides the Quantum energy has zero effect on Anni, and only increases his already considerable might.

A brawl is likely the final outcome of this match IMO.

it's certainly possible that it comes to that. i was always under the impression though that the ccr amped all of anni's stats. IF vulcan can draw the ccr's energy from anni it should weaken the bug. def speculative, but it seems like it should be within the realm of vulcan's abilities at least. without amping would the bug have enough to take out vulcan? not sure tbh.

celeyhyga17
Quasar is quite the energy manipulator himself. He still got wtfpwned by Annihilus. Vulcan on the other hand theoretically should pwn anyone who uses energy, but just hasn't really lived up to his omega level mutant status imho. His potential could really be rediculous, but it seems like he hasn't fully grown into his powers yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.