Anti-Venom vs Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright this is a hand to hand fight. Who wins?

Golgo13
The Manhunter.

pym-ftw
Really did manhunter get a severe powerdown or is this just a giant stomp?

JakeTheBank

J'onn. Spite.

Golgo13
How good of a HTH fighter is Anti-Venom? Midnighter almost killed MM with a single blow. MM wasn't expecting it, but still.

DarkSaint85
He also had studied MM to determine his weak point. Also, has his battle computer (I think.....not sure about DCnU).

Golgo13
Damn, Midnighter is a cross between very paranoid (Batmam) and Karate Kid skill. He did mention he could kill ANYTHING in the first few issues of Stormwatch.

JakeTheBank
Midnighter hyping himself up =/= actually being able to kill anything.

Golgo13
Don't shoot the messenger, JAKE! I'm sure he couldn't kill say Odin or a Spectre, but it was still impressive what he did to MM. By MM own words, of course. big grin

StiltmanFTW
Pretty sure Thing was kicking Brock's ass in the Avengers Annual.

SamZED
Dont recall that tbh. Either way Anti-Venom is a poor Shadow of what Brock Venom used to be. He almost suffocated Thing once.

StiltmanFTW
Here you are:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1929/avann01024.th.jpg

After that scene, we see the rest of the Revengers getting pwned.

DCnU J'onn is pretty badass judging from his showing against the JLA. Pre-reboot would beat Brock, too.

SamZED
Hmm.. wouldnt really call that ass kicking.. but yeah... AV was pathetic in that issue. "ZOMG WE WON" comment almost made me vomit....

nwg202
Originally posted by Golgo13
How good of a HTH fighter is Anti-Venom? Midnighter almost killed MM with a single blow. MM wasn't expecting it, but still.

How did he pull that off? Did he use doors? or exploit some kind of weakness to fire? Don't tell me it was something similar to Logan putting down kid gladiator...Wasn't MM taking on the whole JLA at one point?

SamZED
I think MM was pretending to be koed.

-K-M-
Originally posted by SamZED

yep thumb up

guy222
martian

Golgo13
Originally posted by SamZED

I was referring to Midnighter nearly killing Martian by finding his weakness. Martian only survived, because he shapeshifted.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by nwg202
Originally posted by Golgo13

How did he pull that off? Did he use doors? or exploit some kind of weakness to fire? Don't tell me it was something similar to Logan putting down kid gladiator...Wasn't MM taking on the whole JLA at one point?

No doors, he had studied MM and determined that if he hit him just so in the face, he'd break a bone which would slam into his brain.

MM admitted that this might work, but had already countered by shapeshifting his brain out of the way.

BruceSkywalker
Brock is a joke now, Manhunter won't have any sort of problem

pym-ftw
It's Flash but ok

DarkSaint85
I thought Flash was Agent Venom?

carver9
Midnighter didn't knock Jonn out...Martian Manhunter was faking it the entire time.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Midnighter didn't knock Jonn out...Martian Manhunter was faking it the entire time.

We're talking about a different instance.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No doors, he had studied MM and determined that if he hit him just so in the face, he'd break a bone which would slam into his brain.

MM admitted that this might work, but had already countered by shapeshifting his brain out of the way.

pym-ftw
I thought Flash was Agent Venom?
I just realized I've been reading it wrong

Either way

Venom and anti-venom < Manhunter

nwg202

Hmm so dcnu MM's bones can be broken now? I always thought being a shapeshifter meant he is almost impossible to maim. So in a fight vs Hulk or Juggs, they now can break his arm off? that's quite a dip in power. He might be like Mystique now instead of Plastic Man, a lower powered shapeshifter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.