Highfather Vs The Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1759462-serpent001_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/296788-35163-highfather_large.jpg

DTM
Well, The Serpent is an equal to Odin, Highfather is an equal to Darkseid, Odin is noticeably more powerful than Darkseid, so Ill go the Serpent to win here.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DTM
Well, The Serpent is an equal to Odin,

No he really isn't. Odin easily and I mean easily defeated him.

Golgo13
And he was the big bad? I might have to take my chances with Highfather.

DTM
I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power. Thor beat him with some specially made armor and sword, not something Highfather would have here.

Golgo13
Doesn't necessarily mean they are equal in power, since Odin beat him. Sounds like a crap story.

DTM
Oh, well I thought the idea of the Serpent was that he was a rough equal to Odin (I mean he did rip Caps shield in half), my bad if Im wrong. Still going with Serpent here.

iceman24567
Originally posted by DTM
I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power. My sister is 3 years older than me but since the age of 11 i have been vastly superior to her in ever aspect so you are wrong

-K-M-
Originally posted by DTM
I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power. Thor beat him with some specially made armor and sword, not something Highfather would have here.

He was his older brother, but as shown was NOT equal in power. If you saw their fight it was pretty riduclous how easily he bested him and his Worthy.

His armor and sword were nothing special, nor was it really stated as such either.

iceman24567
Originally posted by -K-M-
He was his older brother, but as shown was NOT equal in power. If you saw their fight it was pretty riduclous how easily he bested him and his Worthy.

His armor and sword were nothing special, nor was it really stated as such either. Well for one thing Odin killed a large amount of the human population to weaken the Serpent before he stormed his fortress.

Harbinger
IIRC, The Serpent himself admitted that Odin was his superior.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wielded Ragnarok when he fought the Serpent, which is a potent weapon.

He did defeat the Serpent a lot easier than I would have expected, especially since the Serpent was the older brother and in the other flashbacks he seemed to be more powerful of the two. An impressive showing for the All-Father either way.

That being said, Highfather is no Odin and the Serpent was obviously on a level that would crush Izaya. Even all of the fear and death gods seemed to be at the very least wary of him and his power; IIRC Mephisto, Cytorrak and his ilk considered facing the Serpent solo suicide. And to be fair to the Serpent, Odin literally slaughtered the entire world (The one before Earth) which would weaken him.

Golgo13
What are some Serpent feats?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Golgo13
What are some Serpent feats? Being tougher than Highfather

Golgo13
Crossovers don't count. stick out tongue Now, any feats besides breaking Cap's shield?

the ninjak
Depends on how long the Serpent has had to gather fear quite frankly!

The more fear the stronger he gets. If the Serpent was able to defeat the Earth forces and spread his agents throughout though cosmos he would've eventually become unstoppable........to a degree.

Thor was simply born to be his Kryptonite....go figure. And Thor rocks!

The Serpant was a virus that never saw fruition.

DTM
Originally posted by Golgo13
What are some Serpent feats?

Ripping Caps Shield in half with his bare hands. Well beyond that Id say Highfather is capable of.

Creating minions that were each Thor-level in power, something else I dont see HF doing.

Golgo13
Originally posted by DTM
Ripping Caps Shield in half with his bare hands. Well beyond that Id say Highfather is capable of.

Creating minions that were each Thor-level in power, something else I dont see HF doing.

Didn't Highfather merge 2 worlds into one? I would think that's superior to that one particular feat.

-K-M-
Originally posted by DTM

We don't even know if he did it with his bare hands he chanted a mystical word and then did it. For all we know he cast a spell on the shield.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/1964932-ggrrrrrrah_middle.jpg

I wouldn't say they were all Thor level. Heck, Thor nearly killed Worthy Thing fairly easily. FYI, HF made Takion.

SquallX
Highfather access the Source and punk the Serpent.

iceman24567
It looks like Serpent said "**** yo shield *****"

psycho gundam
i always meant to ask if that language has ever been decoded and if anyone here had a key or something to show what each letter meant. there was another language that someone found one for a while ago and posted it here

-K-M-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i always meant to ask if that language has ever been decoded and if anyone here had a key or something to show what each letter meant. there was another language that someone found one for a while ago and posted it here

Yeah, it was done by an Alpha Flight fan (no wasn't me)

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com/2010/10/22/witchfire-and-some-easter-eggs-in-new-mutants-17/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.