Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
L5IVOs5Pxh8&feature=player_embedded

Looks like we finally have out first cutscene/gameplay video for the next MGS game. Kojima has stated that Ground Zeroes will act as a prequel to MGS5. He's also hinted at Solid Snake having a role in the game at some point, but the main protagonist has been confirmed to be Big Boss/Naked Snake. This game was made using the new FOX engine, which was made with next-gen systems in mind. Unlike past MGS games, this one will be an open world for the player to explore. Kojima's stated that he expects players to still be finding new things and collectables more than 100 hours in. I'm liking the new big bad in the video too. He kind of reminds me of Mr. Rictus from the Wanted comics.

I gotta say, this looks pretty damn good.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/erikkain/files/2012/08/metal-gear-solid.jpg

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/09/MGS1.jpg

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/misc/movies/ gsm_169_metalgearsolid_groundzeroes_ot_multi_09011
2_4000_640.jpg

Zack Fair
Biss Boss looks like in his early 50s. Looks amazing. I hope this comes out for PC so I can watch in full high end glory.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Biss Boss looks like in his early 50s. Looks amazing. I hope this comes out for PC so I can watch in full high end glory.

Hahaha, I hope that was unintentional.

Nephthys
Theres also a movie coming out btw.

Kazenji
I hope Kojima is letting the right people get involved with the movie.

Arachnid1
Here's an extended video with more gameplay.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-extended-14-minute-demo

Zack Fair
Never thought I'd see Snake driving a car ala GTA.

OB1-adobe
I'm really excited for this, peace walker was soooo amazing.

glad to see a true continuation of the series.

Just waiting on the infamous....

"this will be my last metal gear game" -Kojima line

wakkawakkawakka
I though Kojima was done with Snake. Oh well, I wonder if this will be another movie you pretend to play as a video game.

Zack Fair
These movies tend to have better gameplay than 99% of the shit out there uhuh

wakkawakkawakka
True. But that begs to question if this will be full of 20 minute cutscenes and booty-cam.

whatthegatts?
Originally posted by Kazenji
I hope Kojima is letting the right people get involved with the movie.

Apparently right now both Quintin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan have expressed interest in it and they are both waiting on Hideo to give final decision.

Kazenji
As good as the game looks the gameplay, I've read for this game it still has load times for it.

iheartchael
I hope the game sees a return of the briefing files from Peace Walker, those were great.

iheartchael
Big Boss believes in Santa Claus. laughing out loud

2CZmdbGmI08

Arachnid1
If Big Boss believes in Santa, he is real. schmoll

iheartchael
lol indeed.

Another funny one:

OKJekzRHiUU

Arachnid1
Hey everyone, there's a live stream going on right now. So far, they've shown a bunch of new game play, and confirmed that Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes are the same game. They are both parts of MGSV!

They're also going to show off the fox engine

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/gamespot-live/?event=the-core-of-mgs-ground-zeroes-20130327

FinalAnswer
3DcEuJ2q3uBYI

FinalAnswer
Video broke have another

-fo5KmreiiE

Arachnid1
Man, that was an amazing trailer. This is easily my number 1 most anticipated game right now.

EyeAreRandom
Wow! That is how to make a trailer! Can't wait for this!

Arachnid1
Can I get an admin to change the thread name to Metal Gear Solid V?

ares834
According to some sources Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are separate games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/the-phantom-pain-and-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-are-two-separate-games/

This makes sense as GZ is described as the prologue, yet TPP has a tutorial.

Zack Fair
have you guys seen in the gameplay video?

Arachnid1
Yes, its right here.

PisJDUCdPqI

Zack Fair
Yah that one. Video completely WTFed me. Gotta love how the other dude just didn't give a **** about BB and let him crawl around eventhough he would clearly slow him down, lol. Funny how all we saw was BB crawl around. I mean WTF? Could've shown us something better instead of the crawling simulation 2013 like someone said in the comments lol.

Mixed feelings about the whole hook thing.

WTF.

Then again this is MGS we're talking about.

KingD19
Well considering he'd been in a coma for 9 years, it makes sense his body wouldn't work well.

And even though he was only shown crawling, we get to see someone who appears to be Psycho Mantis or another psychic(with phasing powers), and a guy made of fire. So that's pretty awesome.

Zack Fair
I didn't expect him to just up and run around killing things, but lol 5 minutes of Snake crawling around. The top 2 comments nailed it. Crawling Simulation 2013/They...call this gameplay?

LoL

Anyways I have no doubt the game will rock.

Any idea if its PC/Xbox/PS3 running it?

FinalAnswer
Jack Bauer.

ares834
Kojima adds flaming unicorns in hopes of less interest.

laughing out loud

Nemesis X
My Little Metal Gear: Pain is Magic

Arachnid1
Originally posted by ares834
Kojima adds flaming unicorns in hopes of less interest.

laughing out loud Well that was disappointing to read. A little more enthusiasm on your greatest work would be nice. Instead, he's saying he's making things more ridiculous in the hopes that the fans will get frustrated and loose interest? Huh? I really hope there's more to his words there.

ares834
It was April Fools when it was posted...

Arachnid1
It was April Fools when it was posted... It was two days before April Fools. sad

Zack Fair
Not surprised. Kojima's been trolling fans since before internet memes existed.(literally)

KingD19
If it's a troll, good job Hideo. If it's true, you can't really fault him. As many games as the Metal Gear franchise has had, with him coming up with most of the story and characters for every single one. For decades. It gets tiring. There can be "Too much of a good thing". I for one would love to get another Zone of Enders, especially with the console tech we have now.

Smasandian
Then he should stop making them.

Look at Valve, they made only Half-Life, and then now they have CS, TF2, Portal, Left 4 Dead and Dota 2. And no damn HL3.

Yamcha
So....Is this whole "No David Hayter as the voice of Snake" thing not sitting well with anyone else?...I'm a huge MGS fan and as soon as I heard about "Ground Zero/Phantom Pains" I was so stoked but after watching the latest trailer xw5t45tEPWQ I was kinda shocked at the end.."That voice?..."

Looking into it it seems it wasn't even David's choice http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/302251/scitech/gaming/solid-snake-s-david-hayter-bids-farewell-to-metal-gear-franchise :/...poor guy seriously wth man.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Smasandian
Then he should stop making them. Why not ask him to pull all of his money out of the bank and light it on fire too, while you're at it?

He is a games developer, and MG is the only thing people want to see from Kojima these days.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Yamcha
So....Is this whole "No David Hayter as the voice of Snake" thing not sitting well with anyone else?...I'm a huge MGS fan and as soon as I heard about "Ground Zero/Phantom Pains" I was so stoked but after watching the latest trailer xw5t45tEPWQ I was kinda shocked at the end.."That voice?..."

Looking into it it seems it wasn't even David's choice http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/302251/scitech/gaming/solid-snake-s-david-hayter-bids-farewell-to-metal-gear-franchise :/...poor guy seriously wth man.

Kojima troll you.

Wait for David Hayter to voice Solid Snake at the end of the game.

Yamcha
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Kojima troll you.

Wait for David Hayter to voice Solid Snake at the end of the game. Haha I can only hope, it just really tugged on a heart string when David said he'd love to play Snake forever if only it was his choice, like he really enjoys playing the character. I guess the original VA who voiced Snake in the Japanese version is still being used yet David is being switched? I'm sorry but after 15 years that's the Snake I know....I really hope Kojima is just screwing with us...I mean even if they used Richard Doyle who was Big Boss in MGS4 that was like Old him so since this is set after Peace Walker I feel he should still keep David Hayters voice especially since Metal Gear has so much dialogue and stuff..without the iconic gruff old veteran I'm used to it could really break the game for me :/.

NemeBro
Kojima is really getting serious about telling people to stop playing his game.

Zack Fair
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/b8396f6c56971a3ffefaae9d8e6b12b9.gif

0mega Spawn
Is it going to have online?
Man i miss kicking ass on Mgo

I only used handguns and was considered by many to be the best with them especially the MK 2

I was Dev!on

Tzeentch._
http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/b8396f6c56971a3ffefaae9d8e6b12b9.gif LOL

Kazenji
Kiefer Sutherland confirmed as snake in Metal Gear V

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/06/metal-gear-solid-5-castlevania-los-2-pes-2014-to-feature-in-konamis-pre-e3-stream-tonight/

FinalAnswer
nyLkklPo5YY

Zack Fair
GG.

FKN Kojima.

Gonna miss Hayter.

FinalAnswer
GG.

FKN Kojima.

Gonna miss Hayter.

>Believing his ruses

http://i44.tinypic.com/30vmyhc.jpg

Zack Fair
Don't get it.

ares834
Dang, this game is going to be dark...

Kazenji

FKN Kojima.

Gonna miss Hayter.

its only going to be for Big Boss the voice actor Switch

I like the sounds of it personally with Big Boss getting older.

noitseuq
XVUYdPkFuMY

Arachnid1
KjjXWr9lTJ4

YQOhUZaVrUA

This guy raises a few interesting points in his analysis. The Liquid prediction is obvious. I didn't catch Snake torturing Huey/Quiet or executing the diamond scavengers though. Thats pretty messed up.

Kazenji
Metal Gear Solid V's Characters To So More Erotic

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/60767/metal-gear-solid-vs-characters-to-be-more-erotic-that-it-may-not-be-cosplayable

Tzeentch._
lol

Arachnid1
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/2c/25/1371023386_5225_quiet.jpg?itok=jaQRV82g

naughty

Demonic Phoenix
9imLig0GrQA

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
9imLig0GrQA The slo-mo, tagging, and lack of a life bar are kind of bugging me...

Arachnid1
We've got an xbox one exclusive mission and 15 minutes of gameplay.

The exclusive mission stars Raiden with his Revengance abilities. He apparently came from the future to battle body snatchers. I'm going to assume is a joke mission. Seems fun, but no one needs time travel in MGSs overcomplicated timeline.

15 Minutes of Gameplay

QphIe02qfAk

Also, since no ones put up the PS4 exclusive mission, here it is. Its a deja vu mission where you play as solid snake sneaking through a compound from MGS1.

KcSs8sdRvNc

Nemesis X
Why did they have to make Raiden Xbox exclusive? Regardless, I'll probably get the 360 version.

Arachnid1
Also, I've got some good news. The marking system and the slo-mo can be turned off. There are also two different difficulties you can play (normal and hard). Thats the majority of the things that big me accounted for. Now if only the instant health regen and the lack of a health bar could be fixed. :/

Also, here's the 15 minute ground zeroes gameplay shown at VGX.

DntILfvx938

0mega Spawn
I hope the online isn't too much different than the Mgs4 online

I loved it was not noob friendly
Mag looping a**holes
Mk2 players then burning them while they slept
The customization ...ETC

Good times...

Nemesis X
So has anyone heard Ground Zeroes will be a couple hours long? I know what I'm not buying.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So has anyone heard Ground Zeroes will be a couple hours long? I know what I'm not buying.

I know Hideo's Kojima defends the game's length

http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-explains-why-mgs-zeroes-is-so-damn-short-1517044277

its also suppose to be replayable with its time trials, Great if your into that sort of stuff.

wakkawakkawakka
Well MGS4 only had like 5 hours of actual gameplay if you took out the 9 hours of cutscenes.

But yeah for a $40 price tag that's too much.

Kazenji
Its even more in Australian dollars for next gen, Charging another $20 dollars no expression

Arachnid1
$40 for 2 hours is ridiculous. As much as I absolutely love this series, I'll probably wait till MGSV comes out for Ground Zeroes.

NemeBro
I know Hideo's Kojima defends the game's length

http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-explains-why-mgs-zeroes-is-so-damn-short-1517044277

its also suppose to be replayable with its time trials, Great if your into that sort of stuff. ....... Less than two hours?

That's less than Portal 2. no expression

Kazenji
Sounds like that 2 hours info is a load of shit

this from someone at VGfacts.com

Smasandian
Originally posted by NemeBro
....... Less than two hours?

That's less than Portal 2. no expression

That's less than Portal 1.

Kazenji
They've done some comparisons between last gent & current gen versions of the game

only thing i've notice is the graphics is lil sharper on detail for next gen....Besides that they're the same

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/which-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-is-best-here-are-comparisons/

Tzeentch
Time trials for replayabilty?

This isn't 1995.

Smasandian
The last gen screens still look very good. I will of course get the game on the the new gen, when it comes down in price by 30 bucks.

BlackZero30x
They've done some comparisons between last gent & current gen versions of the game

only thing i've notice is the graphics is lil sharper on detail for next gen....Besides that they're the same

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/which-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-is-best-here-are-comparisons/

lol and if you look at the sky it seems they removed the clouds.

Kazenji
Meh....who gives a shit about clouds anyway

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Time trials for replayabilty?

This isn't 1995.

You'd be surprised how many Japanese made games still do that.

BlackZero30x
Meh....who gives a shit about clouds anyway

You'd be surprised how many Japanese made games still do that.

crybaby

Nemesis X
In case nobody here knows it yet, the price for Ground Zeroes has been cut due to the controversy of the length. It's gonna be $30 now.

Kazenji
Wish it was that price here.

Arachnid1
So far, reviews are pretty split. Examiner gave it a 1/5 in their review and also had an article up explaining why this is a scam. Curiously, both articles were taken down.

Famitsu gave it 38/40 which is less than the perfect score they gave MGS3 and 4.

Gamekyo have it a 4/10. Apparently, they beat the main story in 25 minutes rushing through. I've heard a few other accounts saying similar. There are 4(?) side missions (and they boil down to fedex missions) which extends this to 1:30 hrs. All these missions take place on Camp Omega (which we've all seen a ton of already). I've read one account of someone being able to do an 18 minute speed run.

A lot of people are also talking about how this is some of the most convoluted MGS story aspects they've ever encountered, but I've always liked that about MGS.

Most also agree that this is basically a glorified demo that should not be a $30 game. Even $10 is apparently pushing it, because its the same length as the MGS2 demo (and leaves off on a really bs cliffhanger apparently).

Also disappointing is how much they nerfed the mechanics:

The good news is that it takes work to unlock the console exclusive missions meaning you'll have to do a lot of searching and hunting. That will add some replayability. The entire game has a ton of tactical elements bring a great amount of replayability to the entire experience too.

Astor Ebligis
Can't they just give a review on the experience itself for what it is, and then do its value for money separately? These reviews aren't really going to tell me anything except that the game is too short I'm thinking.

Arachnid1
I agree, but there is a limit. $30 for a 25 minute story and 4 side missions (3 fedex style, one action oriented) is kind of something they should report. It shouldn't effect the overall score, but it should be a pretty big point to mention. I'm too much of an MGS fanboy to not get this no matter what the reviews are, but it still feels like a haymaker to the nuts.

Smasandian
I dont think nerf is a good word for the gameplay mechanics.

They clearly changed the mechanics because they didn't make sense. Removing the stealth meter is not nerfing it. In fact, I would suspect it would be harder without the meter telling you that your alright.

How is removing your radar nerfing? Or, having to find darkness and shrubbery instead of relying on a meter? Tagging enemies and then allowing you to see through is nerfing but mostly every game does it now.

ares834
Originally posted by Arachnid1
So far, reviews are pretty split. Examiner gave it a 1/5 in their review and also had an article up explaining why this is a scam. Curiously, both articles were taken down.

The "review" was a joke. It was about a paragraph long and spoiled the ending.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. I saw a playthrough of the Deja Vu mission and it took the player 40 min to complete it even though he had already done so previously.

Arachnid1
I dont think nerf is a good word for the gameplay mechanics.

They clearly changed the mechanics because they didn't make sense. Removing the stealth meter is not nerfing it. In fact, I would suspect it would be harder without the meter telling you that your alright.

How is removing your radar nerfing? Or, having to find darkness and shrubbery instead of relying on a meter? Tagging enemies and then allowing you to see through is nerfing but mostly every game does it now. I liked the camo indicator because it told you how much you were hidden. It felt more tactical to me finding the right camo in MGS3-4 to get as hidden as possible. The index changed if you moved a bit because were previously blending in with a different shade of dirt/concrete or a bush with longer, thinner leaves as apposed to one with shorter and thicker ones. I was always blown away by that. This in comparison to games like Thief and Blacklist where you just switched between fully hidden and fully lit. Conviction/Blacklist made the same downgrade, when we had the awesome light and sound mechanics in Chaos Theory.

Switching from a life bar and psyche gauge (both of which you had to keep an eye on/keep control of, and both of which were given to bosses too) to regenerating health is a pretty big downgrade.

Removing a radar is not nerfing, admittedly. Especially when you can pull up the map in real time, which is like controlling when your radar is on screen or off. I can live with this one.

Tagging enemies and slo-mo whenever you get caught to kill them if your quick are also massive nerfs. Luckily, these can both be turned off, so this isn't terrible.

Overall, a lot of their choices take away from the stealth more than they add to it.

Smasandian
It might a cool mechanic with the gauge but it's not considered nerfing.

Arachnid1
Just one and a half more hours until gamestop opens!

BlackZero30x
Just one and a half more hours until gamestop opens!

lol I would appreciate a full report of the length of the game. Its cheap enough but I would like to have an idea what I would be paying for.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
lol I would appreciate a full report of the length of the game. Its cheap enough but I would like to have an idea what I would be paying for. Will do, I'll be playing the holy hell out of it today

Arachnid1
About 70 minutes for me doing a nonlethal no alerts play-through on normal.

That's just the main campaign though. Plenty more to do after

Stealth Moose
Comparatively, 70 minutes is spent on deciding a name and face for a Skyrim character. So far, not worth the money. I also heard some rather surprising and disappointing spoilers regarding the ending.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Comparatively, 70 minutes is spent on deciding a name and face for a Skyrim character. So far, not worth the money. I also heard some rather surprising and disappointing spoilers regarding the ending. I thought the ending was epic, but I'm also an MGS fanboy through and through. A little messed up (even in a series where the main character got brutally tortured and had his eye shot out), but epic, and it gets you sufficiently hyped for Phantom Pain.

Another way to look at it is that you spend 30 dollars to own a bluray movie for 1:30 hrs of entertainment.This game is justified because of all the unlockables and side content in my opinion. I've spent hours looking for the XOF patches alone (I haven't even touched the side missions, I'm just searching ground zeroes for the patches). Camp Omega has been a blast to explore too. I think this game will stretch well into 8-10 hours, and it really does have tons of replayability.

I also remember Vanquish being a 4 hour 60 dollar game, and no one docked it for that. That game didn't have any replayability at all.

Reviews for this game have been pretty good too. The majority of the reviews that dock points are for reasons like the length, but they usually mention the replayability which is through the roof.

I wasn't sure if this was a wise choice when I bought it, but this was worth every penny.

Smasandian
I think one of the issues is that it's clearly a money grab. So the campaign is 70 minutes long.

Then why isn't it part of Phantom Pain? Hell, some games turtorial/prologue campaigns are that long.

Astor Ebligis
Another way to look at it is that you spend 30 dollars to own a bluray movie for 1:30 hrs of entertainment.

Good point.

The issue seems to be that people seem to be in accordance with the standardized pricing of video games, and use game length (for a single playthrough of the campaign) to measure a game's value against it, which imo is a reflection of the flaws in how people perceive value in games.

H4H (hour for hour), a MGS game simply offers a far greater experience than anything else out there. Hollywood movie like production values, extremely original, epic, emotional and intriguing storytelling, and inventive and highly polished gameplay. It's a level of art and entertainment beyond pretty much any other series out there.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Good point.

The issue seems to be that people seem to be in accordance with the standardized pricing of video games, and use game length (for a single playthrough of the campaign) to measure a game's value against it, which imo is a reflection of the flaws in how people perceive value in games.

H4H (hour for hour), a MGS game simply offers a far greater experience than anything else out there. Hollywood movie like production values, extremely original, epic, emotional and intriguing storytelling, and inventive and highly polished gameplay. It's a level of art and entertainment beyond pretty much any other series out there.

Not really. I don't come from European royalty so I don't buy full priced Blu-Ray discs. I buy media when it's on sale or the price has come down, or I Red Box.

Replaying a game to "be really good at it" is kind of a lame replay value method for a series that has built a reputation on story building.

Smasandian
I agree.

It's a cash grab. The technology and assets would are probably being used in Phantom Pain as well. Ten years ago, this game would of been part of Phantom Pain but Konami knows that people will pay $30 bucks to play it. This should be $15 bucks at most. Some Mass Effect DLC is longer than it.

Also, the Blu Ray analogy is not a good one. In most cases, the people who pay $30 bucks for a Blu Ray have already seen it. They know what they are getting and are buying the movie because they want to watch it again.

EDIT: If EA did this, or done it already, people would flip their shit. Especially for a well beloved franchise like Metal Gear.

Kazenji
it is really $30 this game elsewhere?

**** were getting ripped off here, We're paying $50 for it.

Astor Ebligis
I simply care more about the quality of experience than I do the length. I would happily pay the same price for Portal 1 that I would for a Halo game. In fact I would argue that there is more value in Portal 1 alone than the entire Halo series.

To those who have now played it, would you say the Tanker chapter of MGS2 is longer?

Edit - Or even the Virtuous Mission in MGS3 or Act 1 of MGS4?

Zack Fair
Im interested in hearing this argument about Portal 1 > Entire Halo franchise.

PS - Normally I would buy a MGS without any hesitation, but I spent over a thousand bucks spoiling myself with tech goodies and I can't convince myself to pay for it. I'll probably just rent it now and buy it a later time when the price drops. And I think it will drop pretty fast.

Tzeentch
Ray is a bit of a gaming hipster. That's the argument, basically.

ares834
Yeah, it's price is a little steep even for the $20 version that I bought.

Still, it's quite a bit of fun. And it's actually fairly difficult, especially the missions set during the day.

Astor Ebligis
Im interested in hearing this argument about Portal 1 > Entire Halo franchise.

Refer to my argument about how Citizen Kane > the entirety of Gossip Girl, and substitute Citizen Kane for Portal 1 and Gossip Girl for Halo. rolling on floor laughing

Nemesis X
Ignoring Astor snorting bath salts, I didn't think Ground Zeroes could get any shorter until Eurogamer beat the main mission in ten friggin minutes. So how long now is the game if you do the side missions?

ares834
lol, you aren't going to beat GZ in 10 minutes unless you played through it several times and therefore know exactly what you are doing. It took me close to two hours to beat the mission (although part of that was because I restarted twice because I got spotted.)

As for the side-ops, I haven't beat them all yet, but the few I've beaten seem to be comparable length to the main mission. As long as you don't rush, I'd say it would probably take several hours to beat the entire thing.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
I simply care more about the quality of experience than I do the length.

How does this work with the girls?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
How does this work with the girls? Great short sex vs terrible long sex? I wouldn't count him off for choosing the former.

Stealth Moose
I assume his pre-coitus one-liner is "Don't worry, you won't feel a thing but shame".

Arachnid1
I've got an S in every level except for the intel mission and the Raiden mission. It took a little over an hour to beat ground zeroes the first time, and 2 hours of retries to get my S on that. Every side mission so far has been at least two hours of attempts to get an S rank. Then there's the 6 hours I spent scouring the entire base for the XOF badges with my buddy. I still have two more missions to get S rank on, I need to collect the cassette tapes, and need to get 5 more achievements. I've already pulled a good twenty hours out of this game, and it's still all I think about. Everything so far has been done without any guides, because I do not want to dilute this experience for myself at all. It's unreal how fun this is.

Before you knock this game based off heresay, try it for yourself and invest yourself into it. You will take back everything negative you've said about it and you will love it. I've already logged enough time for more than 4 play throughs of MGS4. This was definitely worth my 30. I would gladly pay more for what I've experienced thus far. Amazing game, and I cant wait for the rest of V.

Also, Grey Fox is unlockable on the PS4 version apparently. Lucky bastards. I'm stuck with Raiden, and I hate Raiden.

Kazenji
Did you save Hideo Kojima?

Arachnid1
Did you save Hideo Kojima? Ya I did. I laughed my ass off when he put on the glasses and I realized who he was. Only Kojima lol

Arachnid1
I knew this game would be darker in tone than usual, but my god that was a bit much. Have any of you listened to Chicos tapes yet? Listen to them in order. I think thats the first time I've ever encountered that in a video game. This game lived up that M rating.

Arachnid1
I knew this game would be darker in tone than usual, but my god that was a bit much. Have any of you listened to Chicos tapes yet? Listen to them in order. I think thats the first time I've ever encountered that in a video game. This game lived up that M rating.
Tape 4, you listen to Paz get beat and raped by XOF members and then by Skullface while chico is forced to watch. After all that, Chico is forced to participate afterwards.

Tape 7, she gets cut open and they planted the bombs in her. XOF "Removed some organs...in a place they (FOX) will never look."

All the other tapes are her and chico getting tortured. I cant believe they had the balls to do this all, to legitimate characters in the series instead of rando NPCs no less.

Also, I found out what the song that Skullface always plays is about. It ways made in memory of two men who were falsely convicted of murder and armed robbery. They had strong anarchaic and anti-government views which caused to jury to develop a bias against them and they were found guilty and put to death. Their deaths caused acts of violence worldwide, and a movie was made about them too. The song was from that movies soundtrack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacco_and_Vanzetti

gcgYwTnBIIQ

ares834
I've got an S in every level except for the intel mission and the Raiden mission.

The intel mission where you need to get the cassette tape? It's actually easy as hell to get an S rank on that. You don't need to talk to the contact and if you stay in the car until it stops, it takes you very close to the tower with the tape. Grab the tape (after shooting the camera) and hop back into the truck. Wait a few minutes it will start up again and will leave the base.

If it's the Kojima level just use the non-lethal weapon a lot.

Arachnid1
The intel mission where you need to get the cassette tape? It's actually easy as hell to get an S rank on that. You don't need to talk to the contact and if you stay in the car until it stops, it takes you very close to the tower with the tape. Grab the tape (after shooting the camera) and hop back into the truck. Wait a few minutes it will start up again and will leave the base.

If it's the Kojima level just use the non-lethal weapon a lot. Lol thats exactly what I did. It took my a good four mission restarts to figure that out.

I am getting my butt kicked by the Raiden mission though. I just got a 20,000 which is my highest score and it's still only an A. :/

Kazenji
JPMIPMmafWU

Based
What's the point of getting into the helicopter if it's an instant mission fail?

Stealth Moose
It's symbolic, to reaffirm your purchasing choice. Also, was Kajima going through a divorce while making this game? It strikes me as misogynistic.

Nephthys
FMoZKfx1dcw

Seems like Joe got more fun out of the costume than the game.

wakkawakkawakka
I'll admit I was a sucker and paid $20 for the digital PS3 version. Granted I still think $20 was way too much for this game. Heck even $15 would've been pushing it.

With that said I had fun with the 45 minutes of game play I logged in on my first play through. May do the side missions after I stop getting mad and Dark Souls 2.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nephthys
FMoZKfx1dcw

Seems like Joe got more fun out of the costume than the game. Sounds like he got a ton of fun out of the game. Just not $30 worth.

I'm one of the fans who squeezed a ton of time out of the game and believes its 100% worth it for me. I gotta say though, he has a good argument. Makes me wonder if I'm just in a brainwashed state trying to defend the game or something though. I've heard all the arguments he said fans gave before, and a lot on some MGS forums I go to. His retorts for them make perfect sense to the point where I'm wondering if I'm wrong.

Smasandian
It is funny that the ending cut scene in MGS4 was roughly the same length as Ground Zeroes.

wakkawakkawakka
I laugh at all of the youtubers complaining about the length when one pro did a 10 min speed run as if they are going to do the same.

But yeah as for the comparison to MGS4...I'm not sure if that's funny or sad.

Zack Fair
The sandbox is amazing and lots of fun.

Arachnid1
We should be getting a new "hard to watch" (according to Kojima) trailer this week. I cant f*cking wait! I've put a ton of hours into the prologue alone. I cant imagine the actual game.

Zack Fair
Watch before it is taken down 131

_zbSoVWcfmw

Arachnid1
That... wasn't too hard to watch. Maybe thats not the trailer the releasing this week?

Though I didn't expect to see Boss on Skull Faces side. Whats that about?

NemeBro
Maybe Skullface put it up his pooper, and Big Boss realized that he was feeling the penis that penetrated Paz?

Zack Fair
That... wasn't too hard to watch. Maybe thats not the trailer the releasing this week?

Though I didn't expect to see Boss on Skull Faces side. Whats that about? I'mn pretty sure we're getting a longer video. That was a leak.

I can definitely see Big Boss and Skull on the same side. If I'm not mistaken this game marks Big Boss's turn/downfall to Big Bad Boss.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Maybe Skullface put it up his pooper, and Big Boss realized that he was feeling the penis that penetrated Paz? Nah, if anyone is giving the naked snake in that relationship, its BIG BOSS. Kaz would be the receiver.

I'mn pretty sure we're getting a longer video. That was a leak.

I can definitely see Big Boss and Skull on the same side. If I'm not mistaken this game marks Big Boss's turn/downfall to Big Bad Boss. Ya, but this is the guy who tortured Chico, tortured and murdered Paz, and wiped out snakes entire army in Mother Base. I don't see Boss overlooking that.

Zack Fair
As for the "hard to watch" Well...I was expecting a lot more considering how Ground Zeroes ended and Paz's fate.

ares834
-pPXuFNGEr8

Holy shit.

That "Rex" reveal.

Arachnid1
So... Jason Cottle is listed as a character named David on IMBD. David is Solid Snakes real name. He's the voice for Cole in the first Infamous. He's no David Hayter, but he wouldn't make a bad semi-younger Solid Snake.

Z85r6LMP8UA

Zack Fair
This is great news. As if I wasn't already super hyped and excited for this game. I knew Kojima would deliver an amazing gameplay experience yet again. Might be getting ahead of myself, but I regret nothing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/10/e3-2014-metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-is-spectacular?watch

http://www.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Lek Kuen
Now I hope it sucks

Zack Fair
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/459/2cf/1f7/resized/like-a-big-boss-meme-generator-nico-suck-my-dick-ad48ae.jpg

Lek Kuen
Real talk, this is the only game making me consider buying a new console since it's not on pc.

ares834
It's coming out on PS3 and 360 thankfully. Also, Kojima does want to make a PC port.

Lek Kuen
It's coming out on PS3 and 360 thankfully. Also, Kojima does want to make a PC port.

I'll believe it when I see it. This is konami we are talking about, a bunch of monkeys that happen to have a talented human with them

Zack Fair
Yeah I agree. Kojima has kept them alive for decades now. It sucks they havent ported the games for PC.

Lek Kuen
Man MGS4 with mod support? I'd need nothing else in life

Astor Ebligis

Zack Fair
I know man I know woot

Kazenji
The Phantom Pain E3 Live Demo in English

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/station/jp/

Zack Fair
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/153772.gif

Zack Fair
Wow...Game of the Year right there.

Nemesis X
2015 is gonna be a busy year alright...

Smasandian
Yeah it will. This does look pretty damn good. I wonder if there will be some linear missions as well where you are not always attacking a city/town.

Arachnid1
That game will keep me busy for so damn long. That looks amazing!

Zack Fair
Yeah it will. This does look pretty damn good. I wonder if there will be some linear missions as well where you are not always attacking a city/town. Probably.

I like the fact we can bring up stuff like "Parachuting goats. Upgraded CQC cardboard mechanics. Real time horse taking dumnps!" as gameplay mechanics and be totally honest about it ROFL.

FKN Kojima the man. After watching the video I am no longer sure he genuinely praises GTA or is just making fun of it. Either way better for us lol. If he really feels inferior to Rockstar's games then...that will only motivate/push him and his team to come up with better stuff--and they honestly have nothing to be jelly about.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>