Thanos vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
This fight is a slugfest:

Thanos

vs

Thor (no hammer)
Cyborg BRB
World War Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Classic Hercules

Black bolt z
Thanos

Harbinger
^ Doesn't help that Thor's gimped by not being able to use Mjolnir.

Sin I AM
He can always borrow bills

JakeTheBank
If Hulk is allowed to ascend, doesn't look good for Thanos.

ColossusGrundy
The Thanos wank on this site is about as bad as any of the others

Team wins, but I'm sure my reply will come under fire lol.

JakeTheBank
Your post would come under fire no more and no less than if you made an-anti Hulk post or an-anti Superman one and the usual parties swooped in to argue with you.

Harbinger
Not sure how Thanos would be able to drop Hulk before the reverse happened.

Throw in Bill (more of an asset here than a hammerless Thor), and I'd give the team the nod for a majority.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Your post would come under fire no more and no less than if you made an-anti Hulk post or an-anti Superman one and the usual parties swooped in to argue with you.

You're right, I could make an anti-Hulk comment and wait for carver........

Hulk is gay!

(checking watch)

carver9
Originally posted by Harbinger
Not sure how Thanos would be able to drop Hulk before the reverse happened.

Throw in Bill (more of an asset here than a hammerless Thor), and I'd give the team the nod for a majority.

pym-ftw
So is this h2h only?

As i've said before Thanos is Physically above them and his greatest strength is his defences.

I see Thanos winning by virtue of being physically able to take the punishment.

Oh and hulk is the last to go down,

Come at me!
raver raver raver

Batman-Prime
Team stomps. Thanos might have a chance with amped punches but this team in a slugfest, especially WBH? He can't win this.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Team stomps. Thanos might have a chance with amped punches but this team in a slugfest, especially WBH? He can't win this.
Reading Ftw

It's wwh and via a mod rulings hulk stays at that level

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Reading Ftw

It's wwh and via a mod rulings hulk stays at that level

Even so WWH strength > Thanos.

carver9

This.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by carver9
This.

I agree, Hulk strength is above Thanos strength.

Thanos gets more wank here than any villain... it's kinda creepy.

Sin I AM

No

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No

Isn't there something to cook or clean? And now *hush, before you get spanked.

Nihilist
What did WWH do that Thanos couldn't?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Nihilist
What did WWH do that Thanos couldn't?

What are thanos greatest strength or lifting feats?

vince_slice
What are thanos greatest strength or lifting feats?
Off the top of my head. Literally killing Surfer in a handful of punches; standing toe to toe with insane Thor amped by the PG (something a group of heralds couldn't do); punching a hole in the chest of the Thanos doppelganger (who had equal durability to himself); physically locking arms with Tyrant.

I think this fight depends on whether Hulk reaches world breaker levels. If he does team will probably win.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by vince_slice
Off the top of my head. Literally killing Surfer in a handful of punches; standing toe to toe with insane Thor amped by the PG (something a group of heralds couldn't do); punching a hole in the chest of the Thanos doppelganger (who had equal durability to himself); physically locking arms with Tyrant.

I think this fight depends on whether Hulk reaches world breaker levels. If he does team will probably win.

This is wwh not wbh

Nihilist
What are thanos greatest strength or lifting feats? So lifting feats win you. Fights now?

Again what did WWH do that Thanos Couldn't?

Don't try and dodge what I originally asked, in actual combat and not lifting crap up , what can't Thanos replicate.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nihilist
So lifting feats win you. Fights now?

Again what did WWH do that Thanos Couldn't?

Don't try and dodge what I originally asked, in actual combat and not lifting crap up , what can't Thanos replicate.

You think he can replicate Hulk's punching power?

I suppose it is WWH...

Nihilist
Originally posted by -Pr-
You think he can replicate Hulk's punching power?

I suppose it is WWH... yeah sure.

He held his own against a insane power gem Thor without amping his punches. Do you think WWH could hold his own with him amping?

Like Vince said Thanos casually killed Surfer with a handful of amped punches

TheGodKiller
Thanos .

The Sorrow
Team win this.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Team win this.

Y

JakeTheBank
In a pure slug fest, Hulk should do well against Thanos as I don't see Thanos putting him down quickly enough before Hulk amps and heals and the like. I do think Thanos' retarded levels of durability keeps him in the fight for a long time, though.

The other members of the team make this match heavily against Thanos' favor, imo.

h1a8
Originally posted by keiththegreat
This fight is a slugfest:

Thanos

vs

Thor (no hammer)
Cyborg BRB
World War Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Classic Hercules
Wwh would beat Thanos
Team spite stomps

carver9
Bump

abhilegend
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Based solely off of Avengers Assemble, Thandis gets rocked in a bad way.

All things into consideration, still team but not as bad.

StiltmanFTW
Good bump, carv.

Purple turtle gets raped.

Batman-Prime
^This.

comicfan11
Taking into consideration Thanos's latest "showing" he gets wrecked

Zack Fair
What is jobber Rulk supposed to do?

Power Cosmic II
Terrible showing for thanos. That's not even as bad as him being shown to be unable to control a US Army made "cosmic cube"

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

armedforbattle
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily.
I think everyone saw that one coming.

And team wins

Silent Master
Thanos gets owned, again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos still wins... Thanos entire history proves he would win and most of these guys would be put down in a number of shots.. He's two shot thor... Herc.. is this a joke? He's tossed him away like a weak feeb.. He's mocked and overpowered the hulk each time they have met... Based on shit Bendis.. maybe the team has a chance.. based on thanos' entire history.. no chance.

Silent Master
Thanos wins another beating, if he's lucky they'll stop the mugging before his eyes get swollen shut.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What's funny.. is Thor has gotten worse treatment lately... does it hurt?

Silent Master
Nope, unlike Thanos fanboys, I don't have a problem with one of my favorite characters losing.

Although it seems that Thor being one of the people pwning the hell out of Thanos has struck a nerve with you.

psycho gundam
AA doesn't look like it's part of normal continuity

i could be wrong, though *shrug*

JakeTheBank
It is, but Bendis gives literally no phucks about anything.

comicfan11
Originally posted by psycho gundam
AA doesn't look like it's part of normal continuity

i could be wrong, though *shrug*

Brevoort from the Marvel Now panel : In general, the book will be self-contained so that movie fans can pick up stories, but if, say, Captain Marvel's ongoing had a major event that impacts Carol Danvers life, those effects can be felt in "Assemble."

And in previous issues they actually showed the cancerverse and hinted on some details.

The writer also said that the roster will also depend on the characters Hickman will use in his book, and they might pop up for some missions in AA

AA is taking place in the main Marvel Universe.

Nihilist
Thanos still wins.

1 bad showing doesnt change his history.

basilisk
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Thor (no hammer)
Cyborg BRB
World War Hulk
Current Red Hulk
Classic Hercules
In a pure slugfest this team would defeat Thanos regardless of his recent showing. Replace Herc with Groot and it's a stomping.

Power Cosmic II
Isn't Bendis taking over cosmic? I shudder.

carver9
WWH solos.

Nihilist
Thanos still wins

carver9
Originally posted by carver9
WWH stomps.

iceman24567
Thanos

Nihilist
Iceman knows what he's talking about

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even ignoring the recent beatdown, how in the f*ck does Thanos win this? Nothing short of Odin or higher is beating a team like this in a slug fest. The f*ck is wrong with you guys?

Thanos' durability keeps him in the fight longer than most would believe possible but he goes down hard each time.

psycho gundam
hulk kills everyone present when he knocks thanos' head off

WhiteWitchKing
Thanos wins this. He's not a stupid fighter; Hulk is his likely target to get knocked out first. They others are just road blocks for him to get to Hulk. Everybody else is second.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thanos wins this. He's not a stupid fighter; Hulk is his likely target to get knocked out first. They others are just road blocks for him to get to Hulk. Everybody else is second.

How exactly is Thanos going to go about knocking out World War Hulk?

abhilegend
Hulk would alone take thanos in a slugfest at WWH level.

Nihilist
Yeah right he couldn't even knock out Sentry after having 7 free punches

tkitna
Thanos did just have the bad showing, but did anybody else notice he appeared to be getting up and collecting himself to maul that group of hero's before the Elders showed up? Maybe it was just me.

Thanos wins

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Thanos did just have the bad showing, but did anybody else notice he appeared to be getting up and collecting himself to maul that group of hero's before the Elders showed up? Maybe it was just me.

Thanos wins
Yeah, that's why cap said "make a move, I'm begging you". It was a as much of a onesided beatdown if I ever saw one.

tkitna
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, that's why cap said "make a move, I'm begging you". It was a as much of a onesided beatdown if I ever saw one.

Sure Cap was running his mouth, he knew the Elders were coming. Thanos didnt look too impressed by the heros once he got his marbles back (which took about 2 seconds).

Nihilist
Sure Cap was running his mouth, he knew the Elders were coming. Thanos didnt look too impressed by the heros once he got his marbles back (which took about 2 seconds). thumb up its good to see some posters still retain their senses and not act like morons over one showing

Batman-Prime
Sure Cap was running his mouth, he knew the Elders were coming. Thanos didnt look too impressed by the heros once he got his marbles back (which took about 2 seconds).

The others were laughing in Thanos face, he was on his knees, bleeding, missing a tooth and they waited for him to say something. They ganged up on him and bullied him and once he started to threat them, they laught in his face and insulted him...

abhilegend
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what was portrayed, rocket racconn saying "you're done" was also running his mouth, spider man saying "let's vote" was also running his mouth. Thanos had marbles in this issue? We're going into jimmy san category here my friend. Accept what was shown and don't make this even more worse for thanos. There was ample oppertunity for thanos to mount an attack on heroes, him making empty threats in a BJ giving position after the heroes beat the phuck out of him doesn't mean anything at all.

The Sorrow
In a pure slugfest this team is overkill.

StiltmanFTW

Wasn't it Starlord?

abhilegend
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wasn't it Starlord?
Yeah, I checked back and you're correct. Doesn't matter though.

tkitna
Eh whatever. Thanos didnt seem too concerned.

abhilegend
Eh whatever. Thanos didnt seem too concerned.
laughing out loud

tkitna
laughing out loud

Laugh all you want, but when he collected himself after being ganged up on, he started to tell them how they were about to get their asses kicked right before the Elders showed up. He didnt show a bit of concern until the Elders.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/13621182/Avengers_Assemble-Zone-019.jpg.html

I'm just wondering how much of a smartass they would all be if the Elders werent coming. I bet it would be pretty silent.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Eh whatever. Thanos didnt seem too concerned. Originally posted by tkitna
Laugh all you want, but when he collected himself after being ganged up on, he started to tell them how they were about to get their asses kicked right before the Elders showed up. He didnt show a bit of concern until the Elders.

laughing out loud

How can you possibly come to that conclusion after reading the same comic that I did?

He got his ass beat, and boy was it beaten hard. Who cares what Thanos said? He was lying in a crater being mocked by the assembled heroes. They were f*cking taunting him. Thanos was literally no better than some other villain of the week spouting bravado as he was about to be carted away.

If he had gotten back up (Assuming he was capable), they'd just kick his ass again. From start to finish, that was just a thorough beatdown, at no point did the writer even suggest that Thanos could even defend himself against the team, much less start winning.

I don't care if anyone thinks this was a poor showing for Thanos and shouldn't take him down a peg, but to outright ignore on panel evidence is just silly.

tkitna
He took several class 100 punches simultaneously and got rocked, but he looked like he got pissed right before the Elders showed up. This is Thanos. You know the same dude who fights Odin and Galactus. He had some more left in the tank in my opinion.

Batman-Prime
He took several class 100 punches simultaneously and got rocked, but he looked like he got pissed right before the Elders showed up. This is Thanos. You know the same dude who fights Odin and Galactus. He had some more left in the tank in my opinion.

He looked pretty done imo. We should put it to a vote wink.

And Rage is right, he was down, on his knees, if the Elders wouldn't have come the NYPD would appear and take him into custody, he would continue to make his empty threats, like any other villain...

Silent Master

That's some good fanfiction, to bad the comic showed him on his kness and bleeding.

abhilegend

I'm just wondering how much of a smartass they would all be if the Elders werent coming. I bet it would be pretty silent. Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
if the Elders wouldn't have come the NYPD would appear and take him into custody

8DYje57V_BY

carver9
Yeah, Thanos got destroyed. I wish they would have allowed Hulk or Thor solo him for a bit but they made it even worse and had Groot physically crush him (lol). This has been a bad month for Thanos. Jubilee solos.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Anytime you want to step up for a bz carver I'm here .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.