Superman vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
This isn't a typical versus thread in the respect that there is no fight. This rather is a character debate. Not even sure if this is the right forum, but it does involve comic book characters, so here it goes: I am sure most of us have seen at least one episode of Smallville and it's whining emo Clark Kent. The question is, "is the Tom Welling character closer in personality to Superman or Superboy Prime?"

JakeTheBank
Well, since Welling wasn't a selfish and murderous bastard with a warped psychological bent, it's pretty easy to see he was closer to Superman than he was Superboy Prime.

juggerman
But SBP didn't start out that way. It was a process with Luthor feeding him lies

JakeTheBank
Even before he eventually "snapped", Prime was still selfish and jaded.

Zack Fair
Was he selfish and jealous before his return? Because I don't remember.

JakeTheBank
Before they escaped their "paradise dimension" Prime was critiquing the heroes of the Post-Crisis age, and shocked to see how dark they had become and horrible events which had taken place. Over time, he grew bitter that his "perfect world" died while theirs lived on.

In any case, I don't see how Welling's portrayal of Clark is anything like Prime. At all.

Zack Fair
Agreed.I'll start thinking he is closer to Prime the moment wellingman decapitates someone.

NemeBro
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Before they escaped their "paradise dimension" Prime was critiquing the heroes of the Post-Crisis age, and shocked to see how dark they had become and horrible events which had taken place. Over time, he grew bitter that his "perfect world" died while theirs lived on.

In any case, I don't see how Welling's portrayal of Clark is anything like Prime. At all. thumb up

SBP is a vicious mass-murderer and a raving lunatic, self-absorbed, unable to accept the responsibility for his heinous actions, his values bent and twisted.

Welling is... Just a little whiny, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.