The Cancerverse vs. The Annihilation Wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
The Annihilation Wave (and everything in it) is released

One lightyear away, all beings from the Cancerverse (minus cosmics) are released. Which army ultimately prevails?

Harbinger
Aegis/Tenebrous/Galactus Gun are included in the A-Wave, then?

DarkSaint85
Aegis didn't fare too well against the Cancerverse..

And I thought they couldn't die?

So Cancerverse wins.

vince_slice
How will the A-wave deal with the Galactus Engine?

Harbinger
They can't.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by vince_slice
How will the A-wave deal with the Galactus Engine? That's why i said no cosmics. The galactus engine would be a cancerverse cosmic, correct?

Sin I AM
thanos solos, he's a death avatar afterall

DarkSaint85
I think the C-verse wins, pretty handily, especially if they have analogues for every Marvel hero/villain.

Hell, they might even have their own A-wave....

vince_slice
Originally posted by Black bolt z
That's why i said no cosmics. The galactus engine would be a cancerverse cosmic, correct?
I didn't see that, but that makes sense. The GE could probably solo the A-wave.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thanos solos, he's a death avatar afterall

Death avatar = cosmic?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
The Annihilation Wave (and everything in it) is released

One lightyear away, all beings from the Cancerverse (minus cosmics) are released. Which army ultimately prevails?

If no cosmics are involved, A-Wave has a better shot. But really, the Cancerverse has some crazy magic up it's sleeves. If Adam Magus isn't involved and Thanos had time, he might just turn the tide against Lord Mar-Vell's crew. In the 616 or Negative Zone, the Cancerverse creatures can still die. Not sure if the Cancerverse tech has teleportation to move entire armadas across space like what Thanos provided to the A-Wave. Canverse takes 6-7/10 while the rest of the win comes from Thanos' tactics.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Death avatar = cosmic?

Its a joke, did u read the saga

DarkSaint85
...Yes, I did lol.

About 200 times.

Simultaneously.

Sin I AM
...Yes, I did lol.

About 200 times.

Simultaneously.

Then u should have gotten the joke wink

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Then u should have gotten the joke wink

That implies I'm fast enough to get jokes.

Sin I AM
That implies I'm fast enough to get jokes.

It's a playful jab at thanosi fanboys don't think too much into it

Stoic
There would be a few problems with this battle. Several of the guys on opposite sides would face off against each other, so in many cases Thanos would have to battle Thanos, or Drax vs Drax. Who wins?

With that out of the way, I'm thinking the A Wave may have had more combatants.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, it will take unseen players to enter the field.

For example, Cancerverse Reed Richards. Would he develop a biological agent to target A-wave bugs?

"Id"
Cancerverse

Stoic

For example, Cancerverse Reed Richards. Would he develop a biological agent to target A-wave bugs?

Yeah they would be like Oh Shit... RAID!!! ha ha ha ha.

Black bolt z

For example, Cancerverse Reed Richards. Would he develop a biological agent to target A-wave bugs? Well they open at the same time and are not prepared. So he has however long the Cancerverse can hold off the A-Wave

DarkSaint85
Reed Richards, now with magic?

Also, the Cancerverse seemed much like the 616 universe, only, more...united. I could see, for example, Cancerverse Doom and Reed working together.

TheGodKiller
Cancerverse convincingly .

WhiteWitchKing
Reed Richards, now with magic?

Also, the Cancerverse seemed much like the 616 universe, only, more...united. I could see, for example, Cancerverse Doom and Reed working together.

Not really. A lot of them seemed pretty stupid. And they did not have everyone under them; the machines of their universe were against them.

As far as we know, there isn't a Cancerverse Thanos. Most of the Cancerverse were dimwitted possibly because of control by the MAOs.

Thanos and Annihilus' army could conceivably beat them depending on what Thanos could plan up.

psycho gundam
thanos was part of the A wave and didn't have his post-resurrection power of permanent death dealing, even if he did it was death hitching a ride into the cancerverse that actually beat them, and bbz said that can't happen.

cancerverse can't lose

WhiteWitchKing
Cancerverse beings are only immortal in the Cancerverse. The can be killed outside of their realm.

Stoic
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Cancerverse beings are only immortal in the Cancerverse. The can be killed outside of their realm.

Yeah but some of those creatures were able to skull hump Aegis. The cancerverse had creatures that would destroy the bug ships with relative ease, and they just kept pouring out of that dimension.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah but some of those creatures were able to skull hump Aegis. The cancerverse had creatures that would destroy the bug ships with relative ease, and they just kept pouring out of that dimension.

No, Aegis lost to the Galactus Engine in a mental plane fight. Most of those creatures were being blasted to bits by Kree footer soldiers and vice versa.

TheGodKiller
No, Aegis lost to the Galactus Engine in a mental plane fight. Most of those creatures were being blasted to bits by Kree footer soldiers and vice versa.
Her physical body was shattered by those fodder MAO lackeys though . /shrug

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Her physical body was shattered by those fodder MAO lackeys though . /shrug

That was after she had already lost and it looked like it came from within her. Who knows if the GE manifested that thing inside of her.

the ninjak
Cancerverse/Lovecraftian beings were overwhelming heavy hitters with just fodder.

Whereas average bugs from the A Wave were killable by average Kree soldiers. It was just their numbers that was their advantage.

It's a STOMP for the Cancerverse.

A Wave soldiers were bugs with arteries and organs. The tentacle like creatures erupting from the Fault were incredibly hard to kill. Plus they possess other beings.
Meaning they can possess high ranking bugs and turn the tide of battle which give the A Wave even more of a disadvantage when a posessed general suddenly screams RETREAT! to its soldiers.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by the ninjak
Cancerverse/Lovecraftian beings were overwhelming heavy hitters with just fodder.

Whereas average bugs from the A Wave were killable by average Kree soldiers. It was just their numbers that was their advantage.

It's a STOMP for the Cancerverse.

A Wave soldiers were bugs with arteries and organs. The tentacle like creatures erupting from the Fault were incredibly hard to kill. Plus they possess other beings.
Meaning they can possess high ranking bugs and turn the tide of battle which give the A Wave even more of a disadvantage when a posessed general suddenly screams RETREAT! to its soldiers.

Which beings were heavy hitters? Take out the MAOs and what do you have really?

The A-Wave has parasitic beings that took control of herald level characters including a reality warping being. They also had those giant size bugs.

The A-Wave had the Centurians which was pretty weak but no more weaker than the cancerous versions of the 616. The had Seekers as well. A harvester of sorrows. Teleportation take to move armadas across space and between enemy lines. Thanos' mind and tech backed up the A-Wave. The Canerverse had magic and Mar-Vell who I wouldn't put on Thanos' level of intelligence at all.

The Cancerverse would likely take this but it's not a stomp. The A-Wave can win depending on Thanos' strategy.

the ninjak
The Annihilators were heavy hitters. Plus all the characters the CV possessed in the other dimension.

I remember the Annihilators having trouble completely killing fodder whilst fighting Lord Mar-Vell. Who took on Nova Prime and Silver Surfer on his own. And laughed them off.
The explosion he created on a whim was devastating. And the team made it out via protection bubble that launched them out like a bullet from a gun.

The A Wave doesn't have the fodder to stop the vomit of CV beings erupting from the Fault. Celestials and Galactus barely held them back.

And is your example of AW takeover Galactus?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by the ninjak
The Annihilators were heavy hitters. Plus all the characters the CV possessed in the other dimension.

The Imperial Guards was killing a good number of them including Canververse X-Men. The reason they lost was because of the overwhelming number of fodders.

Bill was wrecking them and put a hole through their Colossus in one shot. Surfer went through a group of them. Ronan killed their Venom/Man-Spider easily.

The A-Wave was an entire universe of beings too. The Celestials and Galactus was stomping everything until the Galactus Engine was released. Take away the MAOs and GE and the Abstracts would've easy crushed the fodders tho. There wasn't any indication that a fodder of the Cancerverse was a match for the abstrats at all.

No, the Delinquent/Infant Terrible. But yes, Thanos enslaved Galactus and turned him into a weapon. So aside from the parasites, Thanos' tech is also capable of holding an abstract being. The GE, however, we don't know if the fodders built it or the MAOs. The MAOs for sure was partly responsible.

Stoic

I thought that she was physically attacked from behind, and one of those nasty tentacle rapers burst through her head.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Stoic
I thought that she was physically attacked from behind, and one of those nasty tentacle rapers burst through her head.

No, her head explodes and her entire body is ravaged by a horde of these things from the inside out. She was shattering as a result of losing to the GE in that mental plane battle and these things spilled out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.