Namor vs Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Underwater. Which pointy eared warrior's got this?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/104907/1984169-faces_of_evil_black_adam_01.jpg

vs

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78q27ToNy1qlcqbso1_1280.jpg

DarkSaint85
Woah. Shouldn't BA be well above Namor?

JakeTheBank
Adam, decisively. Not a stomp, but I don't think Teth will have to exert a whole lot of effort to win, either.

BlackZero30x
Adam. Especially underwater.....

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Adam, decisively. Not a stomp, but I don't think Teth will have to exert a whole lot of effort to win, either.

carver9
Adam after a good fight. Can't picture too many people "easily" taking Namor out in a fist fight.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Adam after a good fight. Can't picture too many people "easily" taking Namor out in a fist fight.

Wolverine in the Iron Man armor!

haw-som

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Damborgson
Underwater. Which pointy eared warrior's got this?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/104907/1984169-faces_of_evil_black_adam_01.jpg

vs

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78q27ToNy1qlcqbso1_1280.jpg http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c342/Thoraxe123/Banners/cunningz36we.gif

Mindset
Namor hits him with lightning turning him into Teth, who then drowns.

DarkSaint85
Lightning underwater doesn't work, surely...

Mindset
Tell that to EELS!

DarkSaint85
I have.

Loser eels.

Mindset
And then they swam up your butt and hit you with lightning.

DarkSaint85
....Swam?

They were already there.

Mindset
http://i.imgur.com/VAa90.gif

leonidas
laughing

zopzop
Namor stands NO chance. Look what Thing did to him underwater. BA is at least 2 tiers above Thing stat wise.

BA 10/10.

TheGodKiller
LOL.....this is spite against Namor .

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by zopzop
Namor stands NO chance. Look what Thing did to him underwater. BA is at least 2 tiers above Thing stat wise.

BA 10/10.

That was written by a woman and thus it doesn't count. It's even worse than the non-canon source.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That was written by a woman and thus it doesn't count. It's even worse than the non-canon source.
laughing
Shots fired (as they say)!

Mindset
But seriously, Namor > Thing out of water.

StiltmanFTW
laughing
Shots fired (as they say)!

I bet she was writing the script on the napkins in her kitchen.

Originally posted by Mindset
But seriously, Namor > Thing out of water.

thumb up

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I bet she was writing the script on the napkins in her kitchen.

If that were the case wouldn't she have been more competent.....being in the kitchen and all.... cool

DTM
Namor underwater is a real force to be reckoned with, itll be a decent fight, but even so Black Adam is on another level, and should win much more than not.

carver9
Question. In a one on one fight, has Black Adam ever been defeated?

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Question. In a one on one fight, has Black Adam ever been defeated? Yes.

JakeTheBank

BA 10/10.

Yeah, because using a single low end and PIS-y moment against Namor somehow trumps his entire history of feats.

It's certainly not like Teth doesn't have low showings. Like Black Canary managing to toss him.

Delta1938
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Adam. Especially underwater.....

While I think Adam wins even underwater, why exactly does he win ESPECIALLY underwater?

Golgo13
Adam.

Stoic

BA 10/10.

Did you just place Teth in the Trans tier?

tkitna
Adam wins

abhilegend
Adam 7/10.

Juntai

Sundipped
BA wins, even though he looks like he's about 60 in that pic.

abhilegend
If anybody thinks that namor is a pushover, here is a detailed analysis of namor vs Thor/Hercules.
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?topic=211938.0

Seriously, the guy has been claimed stronger than immortal hercules twice, and people thinks he's thing level due to one PIS showing? SMH.

Juntai
Originally posted by abhilegend
If anybody thinks that namor is a pushover, here is a detailed analysis of namor vs Thor/Hercules.
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php?topic=211938.0

Seriously, the guy has been claimed stronger than immortal hercules twice, and people thinks he's thing level due to one PIS showing? SMH. While I wouldn't suggest he's a pushover, as I like Namor...

Part of it is, the only times he actually looked remotely stronger is when the fights actually underwater, where guys like Herc, Hulk or Thor lose mobility, and also a it's home field advantage writers tool.

Things like Herc saying "Although I don't need to breathe, underwater- the advantage is Namors" as Namor swims around and puts a hold on him and then later Namor's thought bubble saying Herc feels as if he's half as strong underwater highlight as much.

And although the fight IS underwater here, his opponent here suffers no noted loss of mobility or power in that arena. Therein, I don't see Namor having any true advantage at all, as he relies on speed/strength/ferocity/mobility and I see Adam as greater in all of these areas... and thus, after a minute or two Teth beats him, then kills him for the effort.

Bouboumaster
Namor fight with courage and even give a little bit of trouble to Black Adam, but at the end of the day, BA wins every single damn time. There's no way for him to loose that.

Colossus-Big C
Black Adam F*ck Stomps LOL

Do you guys see namor doing what he did in ww3? Power girl alone would phuck him up.

This is spite

zopzop
Yeah, because using a single low end and PIS-y moment against Namor somehow trumps his entire history of feats.

It's certainly not like Teth doesn't have low showings. Like Black Canary managing to toss him.
Get back to me when Black Canary pwns BA in his own element/on his own turf. This recent humiliation won't be so easily washed away, no matter how hard you try to ignore or downplay it.
Originally posted by Stoic
Did you just place Teth in the Trans tier?
No, Elite High Herald like Thor, Surfer, Captain Marvel, Superman.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Black Adam F*ck Stomps LOL

Do you guys see namor doing what he did in ww3? Power girl alone would phuck him up.

This is spite

It's not spite. Read Namor comics.

Get back to me when Black Canary pwns BA in his own element/on his own turf. This recent humiliation won't be so easily washed away, no matter how hard you try to ignore or downplay it.

No, Elite High Herald like Thor, Surfer, Captain Marvel, Superman.

She tossed Black Adam against his own will. That's more embarassing than someone with decent high end feats of his own (Thing) doing extremely well against Namor, which is a low end feat for him as well. Neither example trumps consistent showings, though which is my point.

But yeah, if you want to use a single example of Namor looking bad in an event which is terribly written to begin with to justify ignoring and downplaying his entire history as a whole just because it's "recent", go for it. You'd be wrong and look like a fool to make such a stupid stance, but okay. thumb up

Damborgson
That fight was absolutely horribly written. Namor is incredibly maneuverable in the water, has around equal strength to the Thing OUT of water, is a better fighter arguably, etc. There is no reason at all he should have lost.

JakeTheBank
You'd have to arbitrarily decide that Thing > Namor based off a single fight and then consciously decide to ignore everything you know about Namor just because this is a recent comic and somehow "counts" more than decades worth of canon.

That's without realizing said fight is borderline PIS-y to begin with. It's an astounding leap of logic that makes no sense.

Black Adam wins and does so comfortably, but he's not going to spite stomp Namor.

Colossus-Big C

I read namor comics, Black Adam would tear his F*ckin head off like he did to amazo

Black Adam would tear his F*ckin limbs off, and push his brains out his F*cking head

Delta1938

She tossed Black Adam against his own will.

Scans? I must see this to see if it's being blown out of proportion or not.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Delta1938
Scans? I must see this to see if it's being blown out of proportion or not.

Happened in JSA. It's typical street level PIS. She used Judo or some crap to throw him.

Not indicative of Black Adam's overall formidability in any case and definitely "worse" than having Thing rough up Namor underwater.

Point is, using low feats/PIS to discredit an character's entire history is retarded.

JakeTheBank
I read namor comics, Black Adam would tear his F*ckin head off like he did to amazo

Black Adam would tear his F*ckin limbs off, and push his brains out his F*cking head

I guess I forgot who I was talking to.

Amazo's showings fluctuate wildly, especially his durability. He was shown being harmed by phucking batarangs once.

zopzop
She tossed Black Adam against his own will. That's more embarassing than someone with decent high end feats of his own (Thing) doing extremely well against Namor, which is a low end feat for him as well. Neither example trumps consistent showings, though which is my point.

But yeah, if you want to use a single example of Namor looking bad in an event which is terribly written to begin with to justify ignoring and downplaying his entire history as a whole just because it's "recent", go for it. You'd be wrong and look like a fool to make such a stupid stance, but okay. thumb up
He didn't do "extremely well" against Namor. He OWNED him in his own element. Don't you get it? He even punched harder than him, according the the AvX captions. Thing > Namor (in or out of water) and Black Adam >>>>Thing > Namor. So yes, he'd stomp the phuck out of Namor.

Colossus-Big C
I guess I forgot who I was talking to.

Amazo's showings fluctuate wildly, especially his durability. He was shown being harmed by phucking batarangs once. He was copied many powers

JakeTheBank
He didn't do "extremely well" against Namor. He OWNED him in his own element. Don't you get it? He even punched harder than him, according the the AvX captions. Thing > Namor (in or out of water) and Black Adam >>>>Thing > Namor. So yes, he'd stomp the phuck out of Namor.

The fact you typed this all out and somehow don't question it's validity while simultaneously ignoring literally everything else about Namor because AvX "counts" more or it's "recent" is sad.

You honestly don't see why that's phucking retarded?

JakeTheBank
He was copied many powers

Which powers did Amazo have or was using actively when Black Adam ripped his head off?

zopzop
The fact you typed this all out and somehow don't question it's validity while simultaneously ignoring literally everything else about Namor because AvX "counts" more or it's "recent" is sad.

You honestly don't see why that's phucking retarded?
How is it retarded? This is THE event. They are phasing out some of the X-books and merging them with the Avengers, that's how big it is. It has ALL of Marvel's top dogs working on it.

According to them, Thing > Namor, in or out of water. Cry all you want, that's how it is NOW. It may change LATER, but as of NOW, Thing > Namor. And Black Adam >>>>>>>>> either. So yeah, BA stomps.

Delta1938
Happened in JSA. It's typical street level PIS. She used Judo or some crap to throw him.

Not indicative of Black Adam's overall formidability in any case and definitely "worse" than having Thing rough up Namor underwater.

Point is, using low feats/PIS to discredit an character's entire history is retarded.

Issue? I have I think every issue of JSA(although I haven't read half of them yet) so I'll find it.

JakeTheBank
How is it retarded? This is THE event. They are phasing out some of the X-books and merging them with the Avengers, that's how big it is. It has ALL of Marvel's top dogs working on it.

According to them, Thing > Namor, in or out of water. Cry all you want, that's how it is NOW. It may change LATER, but as of NOW, Thing > Namor. And Black Adam >>>>>>>>> either. So yeah, BA stomps.

Except events don't retcon previous histories...?

At this point, you're just being obstinate. Or you really do believe an event contradicts decades worth of showings just because its hyped as a summer blockbuster (like most Marvel events). You might have a point if this event was literally erasing histories and canon through time warps or reality bullshit, but that's not the case.

It's a single comic which was badly written to begin with with elements of PIS (which per forum rules, are inadmissible).

If you take both Namor and Black Adam as a whole with all showings, good and bad, and summed up an average (like PR has repeatedly state people should in the versus forum), there's no possible way this is a stomp.

Basically, your entire arguments is summed up by "This was such a bad showing that I'm going to ignore everything else about Namor". Which is, to be frank, ridiculous.

JakeTheBank
Issue? I have I think every issue of JSA(although I haven't read half of them yet) so I'll find it.

Can't think of the exact issue #, but it will be the first volume (JSA, not Justice Society of America) and in this issue, Black Adam also had his superspeed fight with Jay Garrick and Dr. Fate had to go back to ancient Egypt to stop Black Adam.

Starscream M

It's a single comic which was badly written to begin with with elements of PIS (which per forum rules, are inadmissible).
jake, stop pulling the PIS card

zopzop
Except events don't retcon previous histories...?

At this point, you're just being obstinate. Or you really do believe an event contradicts decades worth of showings just because its hyped as a summer blockbuster (like most Marvel events). You might have a point if this event was literally erasing histories and canon through time warps or reality bullshit, but that's not the case.

If you take both Namor and Black Adam as a whole with all showings, good and bad, and summed up an average (like PR has repeatedly state people should in the versus forum), there's no possible way this is a stomp.

Basically, your entire arguments is summed up by "This was such a bad showing that I'm going to ignore everything else about Namor". Which is, to be frank, ridiculous.
It's not "a" summer event, it's THE event this decade. ALL of Marvel's top dogs are on this turd AND they phasing out some X-books in the aftermath of this event. It doesn't get more important than that.

According to Marvel writers Thing > Namor. Face it. You don't have to like it, but you can't ignore it. BA >>>>>Thing > Namor. Hence, BA stomps.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
jake, stop pulling the PIS card

Bruce, stop being backseating modding. And preferably know what you're talking about prior to interjecting.

JakeTheBank
It's not "a" summer event, it's THE event this decade. ALL of Marvel's top dogs are on this turd AND they phasing out some X-books in the aftermath of this event. It doesn't get more important than that.

According to Marvel writers Thing > Namor. Face it. You don't have to like it, but you can't ignore it. BA >>>>>Thing > Namor. Hence, BA stomps.

no expression

So, yes, you feel we should ignore everything else about Namor to say nothing of the forum rules due to one comic in one event (lol at calling this the event of the decade and thinking it's going to be massively important historically...especially considering Marvel's claimed that about every event ever since Disassembled)?

According to one comic - not Marvel writers as a whole - Thing got the better of Namor. And according to you, because of the significance of this event, it holds priority to everything ever concerning Namor.

Don't see how that's flawed even just a little bit?

Delta1938
Can't think of the exact issue #, but it will be the first volume (JSA, not Justice Society of America) and in this issue, Black Adam also had his superspeed fight with Jay Garrick and Dr. Fate had to go back to ancient Egypt to stop Black Adam.

Found it. And nah dude, that is not what you're making it out to be. All she did was throw him off-balance when he probably wasn't expecting it at all, considering how arrogant he was being. It's not like Adam is massively heavier than a non-powered human.

I understand your point and agree with you, but this is not the example you should be using. She didn't hurt him, she didn't overpower him, she just threw him off-balance when he wasn't expecting it. To compare that to Thing who's had trouble with him out of the water, in Namor's OWN ELEMENT where he'll be at full-strength and have superior mobility is ridiculous.

Better examples for Black Adam to bring-up would be random tech Roullete(or however it was spelled) had weakening his powers, or(although I've only read about it so there could be extenuating circumstances I'm unaware of) Adam losing to Billy even though he was power-sharing AND had a broken arm. Those would be better to bring-up than Canary pulling-off a sacrifice throw(the technique's name).

JakeTheBank
Found it. And nah dude, that is not what you're making it out to be. All she did was throw him off-balance when he probably wasn't expecting it at all, considering how arrogant he was being. It's not like Adam is massively heavier than a non-powered human.

I understand your point and agree with you, but this is not the example you should be using. She didn't hurt him, she didn't overpower him, she just threw him off-balance when he wasn't expecting it. To compare that to Thing who's had trouble with him out of the water, in Namor's OWN ELEMENT where he'll be at full-strength and have superior mobility is ridiculous.

Better examples for Black Adam to bring-up would be random tech Roullete(or however it was spelled) had weakening his powers, or(although I've only read about it so there could be extenuating circumstances I'm unaware of) Adam losing to Billy even though he was power-sharing AND had a broken arm. Those would be better to bring-up than Canary pulling-off a sacrifice throw(the technique's name).

It's typical street level PIS. Black Adam's superhumanly strong and durable and Black Canary tossing him shouldn't happen ever, no matter the circumstances, especially when his body, in spite of his weight in comparison to a regular human, is still highly resistance to kinetic energy and force.

The point is using PIS and/or low feats to justify ignoring literally everything else is ridiculous, makes no sense, and ignores the rules.

Delta1938
It's typical street level PIS. Black Adam's superhumanly strong and durable and Black Canary tossing him shouldn't happen ever, no matter the circumstances, especially when his body, in spite of his weight in comparison to a regular human, is still highly resistance to kinetic energy and force.

And she's not using force.

The point is using PIS and/or low feats to justify ignoring literally everything else is ridiculous, makes no sense, and ignores the rules.

And this is moot because I agree with your point, but this isn't the example to use to argue it. I gave two better examples for Black Adam.

JakeTheBank
And she's not using force.

And this is moot because I agree with your point, but this isn't the example to use to argue it. I gave two better examples for Black Adam.

The fact it happened is PIS enough.

Ok.

Delta1938
The fact it happened is PIS enough.

miffed mad

Ok.

Use one(or both) of those other two examples instead!! They actually reflect what you're arguing. miffed

JakeTheBank
miffed mad

Use one(or both) of those other two examples instead!! They actually reflect what you're arguing. miffed

big grin

I could/would, but I don't want to get the thread any more off topic than it is.

Delta1938
big grin

I could/would, but I don't want to get the thread any more off topic than it is.

confused It could be because I'm sleep deprived, but I don't see how taking my suggestion and using one(or both) of the examples I gave instead of the one you've been using to illustrate your point of people using Thing owning Namor.

But anyways to get this back on topic, has Namor ever fought someone underwater who can fly? At least aside from Iron Man(who I've seen not fight with just strength). By comparison, Superman's shown great speed and mobility underwater. If Black Adam can pull-off comparable maneuvers in an aquatic environment, that would lesson to even completely negating the primary reason Namor's so formidable in his own element.

DarkSaint85
So we all agree that BA wins, yes? Possibly through the application of Zehuti's wisdom?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.