Superman vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Superman

vs

Current Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man

The catch: Pre Reboot Superman with Wolverine's healing factor.

Damborgson
So thor, hulk, and ironman vs superman and that hf....im leaning toward supes. Eventually.

StiltmanFTW
Clint solos.

Stoic
Didn't Superman have a decent healing factor?

carver9
Yes.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Stoic
Didn't Superman have a decent healing factor?

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Healing%20Factor/

DarkSaint85
I hope they kiss after that tender scene.

Diesldude
The healing factor gets better the closer he is to the sun.

pym-ftw
Thor or hulk solos unless the hf stack then I don't know

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lulz.

iceman24567
Not even remotely close to the truth

Delta1938
Originally posted by Diesldude
The healing factor gets better the closer he is to the sun.

Ironically, I think his best healing factor feat(out of the ones I have) is at night with him having Kryptonite in his blood stream.

So you think Thor and Hulk are individually significantly superior to New Earth Superman?

pym-ftw
@ abhi & iceman

For Thor
Mjoinir can absorb a lot of solar energy in one hit, unless you want to argue that Wolverine's hf could replace solar energy?

As for Hulk
Unless you think superman is just going to to throw hulk off world, with knowledgethat he is a troubled human, I can't see superman beating current hulk

Delta1938
@ abhi & iceman

For Thor
Mjoinir can absorb a lot of solar energy in one hit, unless you want to argue that Wolverine's hf could replace solar energy?

As for Hulk
Unless you think superman is just going to to throw hulk off world, with knowledgethat he is a troubled human, I can't see superman beating current hulk

And where has Thor ever done anything like that to someone who's powers weren't clearly energy-based?

And what has current Hulk done that makes you think he's so above New Earth Superman?

carver9
Hulk solos. Don't know a out Thor.

abhilegend
@ abhi & iceman

For Thor

As for Hulk
That's OOC for thor and which he hasn't done on panel ever. How about superman vibrates his hand to destroy thor's body ala hank henshaw at superspeed?

So what has current hulk has done to show he's not going to get ktfo against superman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Lulz.

Delta1938

Carver, do you have to wear water wings when you order soup?

iceman24567
@ abhi & iceman

For Thor

As for Hulk
Unless you think superman is just going to to throw hulk off world, with knowledgethat he is a troubled human, I can't see superman beating current hulk Well in that case Superman blitzes the team before they can blink

Delta1938
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well in that case Superman blitzes the team before they can blink

But theoretically possible but out of character arguments are only allowed for Marvel.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Delta1938
But theoretically possible but out of character arguments are only allowed for Marvel.
Aww shucks

Delta1938
Aww shucks

sad I know. So Superman can't do the blitzes them before they can blink, or vibrate his hand bursting them, or heat vision lobotomize any of them, or teleport the planet they're on to another dimension(after vibrating Thor's head to burst), or other stuff.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's OOC for thor and which he hasn't done on panel ever. How about superman vibrates his hand to destroy thor's body ala hank henshaw at superspeed?

So what has current hulk has done to show he's not going to get ktfo against superman?

What has Superman done to make you think he can beat Hulk?

pym-ftw
Mjoinir naturally absorbs ambient energy so no its not out of character for Thor to hit someone with his hammer, if Mjoinir can absorb enough energy in a single swing to hurt the phoenix there is a good chance Thor can penetrate superman's veil of invulnerability.

If I wanted to go out of character there is bfr into a red star core or attacking the soul directly.

carver9
sad I know. So Superman can't do the blitzes them before they can blink, or vibrate his hand bursting them, or heat vision lobotomize any of them, or teleport the planet they're on to another dimension(after vibrating Thor's head to burst), or other stuff.

When has any of this happened on panel?

Delta1938

Plenty of stuff. But I'm not familiar with current Hulk, but I don't think you're the one to ask.

Mjoinir naturally absorbs ambient energy so no its not out of character for Thor to hit someone with his hammer, if Mjoinir can absorb enough energy in a single swing to hurt the phoenix there is a good chance Thor can penetrate superman's veil of invulnerability.

If I wanted to go out of character there is bfr into a red star core or attacking the soul directly.

Not something I've ever seen without him actively using it to absorb energy. Sounds like you're stretching things to make your argument.

Also, if we're going to argue out of character, there's nothing that could really be done against Superman exploiting his speed to backdoor violating levels.

When has any of this happened on panel?

Granted he didn't actually lobotomize Manchester Black, but another Kryptonian did and ACTION COMICS #775 was about just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. As for vibrating.....

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Cyborg-Superman/From%20Virtually%20Powerless%20To%20Powered-Up/return-of-superman-462.jpg

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Superman%20VS--/Villains/Cyborg-Superman/From%20Virtually%20Powerless%20To%20Powered-Up/return-of-superman-463.jpg

Teleporting another planet?

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/INSANE%20FEATS/BFR%20A%20PLANET%20VIA%20SUPER%20SPEED/

Diesldude
Ironically, I think his best healing factor feat(out of the ones I have) is at night with him having Kryptonite in his blood stream.

How about the time he was a frail skeleton and he got himself thrown out of a space ship and in direct view of the sun and he was back to full power in seconds.

JakeTheBank
I have no problem thinking that Mjolnir could absorb energy or harm Superman with a strike. He's strong enough to damage Superman physically with his bare hands and Mjolnir's potent enough to do even more damage (to say nothing of its mystical properties).

But I don't think Thor is going to absorb yellow solar radiation from Superman conventionally or through prolonged hammer strikes. no expression

Damborgson
I've only seen thor forcibly drain his opponents' energies when they were radiating energy. Superman doesn't do that so I doubt he could drain him like that. Now ripping the energy out through his heat vision is another story...

carver9
Plenty of stuff. But I'm not familiar with current Hulk, but I don't think you're the one to ask.

Not something I've ever seen without him actively using it to absorb energy. Sounds like you're stretching things to make your argument.

Also, if we're going to argue out of character, there's nothing that could really be done against Superman exploiting his speed to backdoor violating levels.

I don't think you are the best one to ask about Superman, that's why I don't quote your post.

JakeTheBank
Thor could easily absorb Kal's heat vision, yeah.

Anything beyond that is unlikely and ridiculous. About as much as Superman ripping out Thor's heart or some other bullshit.

pym-ftw
I thought supermans invulnerable veil is based off solar energy? Someone posted a scan in an old Magneto vs Superman thread that once you dissipate that field he is a lot more vulnerable.

JakeTheBank
His entire powerset is based off of solar energy. He certainly doesn't have that bio-field aura that contributes to his (relative) invincibility anymore; he's just extremely physically durable.

In any case, it's a moot point as Mjolnir doesn't have to do anything remotely exotic to be capable of seriously harming Superman.

abhilegend
Another lulz.Originally posted by pym-ftw

Stop pulling out things out of your behind. Mjolnir doesn't absorb ambient energy automatically. If superman can split soulfire darkseid in half who shrugged Source/ALE's attacks off, he splits thor in half too. You can't win against superman in high end feats kid. Superman has been in red suns before, eradicator tossed him in it twice. More powerful beings than thor have tried to attack superman's soul and got beat. How about superman just punches thor to death?

Delta1938
Originally posted by Diesldude
How about the time he was a frail skeleton and he got himself thrown out of a space ship and in direct view of the sun and he was back to full power in seconds.

I don't really think of that as a healing feat to be honest.

I don't think you are the best one to ask about Superman, that's why I don't quote your post.

This coming from the guy who thinks WB Hulk is on another level compared to Superboy Prime. Although it's technically true, but not what you think. More like Hulk's frail, wheelchair bound elderly woman to Superboy Prime's Anderson Silva.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva#Championships_and_accomplishments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Silva#Mixed_martial_arts_record

I thought supermans invulnerable veil is based off solar energy? Someone posted a scan in an old Magneto vs Superman thread that once you dissipate that field he is a lot more vulnerable.

The aura seemed more an excuse to protect his clothing since after the Byrne-reboot, his costume was no longer indestructible. I wonder how exactly Ma sewed it.

By the way, Carv. I edited one of my posts to answer a question about stuff I argued Superman can do, adding scans, that I hadn't initially seen. Just in case ya missed it.

abhilegend
Not anymore. How's thor doing that again? You think that thor has as much control over EM-spectrum like magneto or Dr. Polaris?

carver9
@Delta...

I'm not here to argue with you buddy. As for your scans, that's Henshaw, a Cyborg. That's like me posting a pic of Hulk turning Onslaught to dust thinking that he will do the same to Superman. What in the hell.

Delta1938
@Delta...

I'm not here to argue with you buddy. As for your scans, that's Henshaw, a Cyborg. That's like me posting a pic of Hulk turning Onslaught to dust thinking that he will do the same to Superman. What in the hell.

Take another look at the scans. See when he's vibrated to shattered destruction, how there's lots and lots of red and blue pieces? Take a look at him before he goes all explodey. See any mechanical parts that are red and blue?

pym-ftw
Not anymore. How's thor doing that again? You think that thor has as much control over EM-spectrum like magneto or Dr. Polaris?
No but he can absorb and disrupt it

Delta1938

But that would not only be out of character for Thor against the types of opponent Superman would fall under, but would require knowledge Thor does not possess. Unless I'm mistaken?

Mindset
Read the rules, broseph.

Thor bashes Superman's skull in, anyway.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Mindset
Read the rules, broseph.

Thor bashes Superman's skull in, anyway.

And then Marvel fanboys wake-up from their wet dream.

carver9
Take another look at the scans. See when he's vibrated to shattered destruction, how there's lots and lots of red and blue pieces? Take a look at him before he goes all explodey. See any mechanical parts that are red and blue?

So we are in agreement then? Hulk can splatter Superman with a punch and Superman can splatter Hulk with a vibrate hand?

Mindset
And then Marvel fanboys wake-up from their wet dream. Not my fault Marvel gave Thor the weapon and strength to splatter Superman's brains all over his cape.

Delta1938
So we are in agreement then? Hulk can splatter Superman with a punch and Superman can splatter Hulk with a vibrate hand?

I agree Hulk can do a lot of things in Carter Land, but we're talking about the actual comics here.

Not my fault Marvel gave Thor the weapon and strength to splatter Superman's brains all over his cape.

Except neither happened, so he wasn't given those by Marvel.

abhilegend
As likely as superman ripping thor's heart out.Originally posted by carver9
@Delta...

facepalm
Henshaw at that time had kryptonian body and was only part machine.

Mindset

Except neither happened, so he wasn't given those by Marvel. Keep those tears coming, big guy.

pym-ftw
As likely as superman ripping thor's heart out.
So your going to argue Thor absorbing energy with Mjoinir is as rare as superman ripping the heart out of a living being
huh

Delta1938
Keep those tears coming, big guy.

As long as your Thor fantasies keep me laughing hard enough, I will.

Mindset
The only thing keeping you hard are your Superman comics.

Thor 10/10.

-Pr-
@ abhi & iceman

For Thor

As for Hulk

He doesn't need the HF, he has the sun.

Stoic
http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Healing%20Factor/

I just love those photo bucket pics, I mean its no problem reading them when you have telescopic vision like I do.

Delta1938
The only thing keeping you hard are your Superman comics.

Thor 10/10.

So says the one who gets a little too excited, and has to change his pants, over a character who wields a phallic symbol.

I just love those photo bucket pics, I mean its no problem reading them when you have telescopic vision like I do.

Huh?

Mindset
I just love those photo bucket pics, I mean its no problem reading them when you have telescopic vision like I do. Or you could click it.

Stoic
So says the one who gets a little too excited, and has to change his pants, over a character who wields a phallic symbol.

Huh?

The pic comes out half an inch by 1 inch. It's probably the browser on this PC that I'm using.

Delta1938
The pic comes out half an inch by 1 inch. It's probably the browser on this PC that I'm using.

Take Mindset's advice.

Or you could click it.

Stoic
Or you could click it.

Yeah now that's much better. Now it's twice the size, so I can just adjust the... phuck it man I can't see shyt.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by -Pr-
He doesn't need the HF, he has the sun.
He can sundip in battle?

Mindset

Oh, I see what you did there; you used my joke, but instead of you and Superman it's about me and Thor.

Haha, I should have thought of that.

Delta1938
Yeah now that's much better. Now it's twice the size, so I can just adjust the... phuck it man I can't see shyt.

It doesn't give you the full-sized pic if you click on it? I guess it's your browser. I'm not having that problem, and considering Mindset's response to you, I take it he's not either.

iceman24567
I just love those photo bucket pics, I mean its no problem reading them when you have telescopic vision like I do. You to lazy to click on it?

Stoic
It doesn't give you the full-sized pic if you click on it? I guess it's your browser. I'm not having that problem, and considering Mindset's response to you, I take it he's not either.

Yeah it's this browser. Not to worry though, I know that Superman has and always had a decent HF.

He can sundip in battle?

He doesn't need to. Just being under a yellow star kicks his HF up to Wolverines level, or at least close.

-Pr-
He can sundip in battle?

Superman is always charging; the sun shining is enough to keep him going.

Stoic
You to lazy to click on it?

I did, but it just doubled in size. It's still too small to read. It's this browser. I'm too lazy to boot up my Desktop.

Delta1938
He can sundip in battle?

I could be wrong, but I think Pr was referring to the normal Sun exposure boosting his healing.

Oh, I see what you did there; you used my joke, but instead of you and Superman it's about me and Thor.

Well, since I said this--

And then Marvel fanboys wake-up from their wet dream.

--earlier, I guess you stole my joke?

Also Stoic, maybe you're stuck on seeing Photobucket mobile?

Stoic
I could be wrong, but I think Pr was referring to the normal Sun exposure boosting his healing.

Well, since I said this--

--earlier, I guess you stole my joke?

Also Stoic, maybe you're stuck on seeing Photobucket mobile?

Yep it's the mobile joint. Is there a way around that?

abhilegend
So your going to argue Thor absorbing energy with Mjoinir is as rare as superman ripping the heart out of a living being
huh
Yeah. Superman ripped henshaw's body apart via vibrations and later ripped his heart aka his control node out from his chest. Scan of thor absorbing energy out of beings as you described? Funnily enough I can show you superman absorbing another character's energy in the same manner you want thor to act here.

Mindset
Sorry, but you took the joke from me like Thor is going to take Superman's life from him.

pym-ftw
Superman is always charging; the sun shining is enough to keep him going.
I get what you meant, do you think he can recharge solar energy faster than Thor can absorb it?

Stoic
I get what you meant, do you think he can recharge solar energy faster than Thor can absorb it?

If Thor could, then not a chance, he would basically be power stealing in that case. But the question is can Thor do this?

Mindset
Hulk keeps Superman busy while Thor charges up a godblast that destroys DC, except for Kyle.

And Grifter.

And Bart.

-Pr-

Thor would do that how? Why?

Delta1938
Yep it's the mobile joint. Is there a way around that?

There's supposed to be a link somewhere about go to full site or something like that. But another thing you could do is clear cache, cookies and probably best to erase all Photobucket history. I dunno what browser you're using, but I know on Firefox you can just right click one link on history and go Forget Site.

Sorry, but you took the joke from me like Thor is going to take Superman's life from him.

Two lies in one sentence, not bad.

abhilegend
He can go without power to full power in just a few seconds of sunlight exposure.

pym-ftw
Yeah. Superman ripped henshaw's body apart via vibrations and later ripped his heart aka his control node out from his chest. Scan of thor absorbing energy out of beings as you described? Funnily enough I can show you superman absorbing another character's energy in the same manner you want thor to act here.
Henshaw even with an actual body isn't really alive

I'm on my phone right now but ill grab a random comic with Thor in it and get you an issue number in a sec

Mindset
There's supposed to be a link somewhere about go to full site or something like that. But another thing you could do is clear cache, cookies and probably best to erase all Photobucket history. I dunno what browser you're using, but I know on Firefox you can just right click one link on history and go Forget Site.

Two lies in one sentence, not bad. Two lies equal the truth.

Concession accepted, my friend.

Good debate as usual.

Mindset
He can go without power to full power in just a few seconds of sunlight exposure. Post a scan within 1 minute or you're a liar.

abhilegend
Henshaw even with an actual body isn't really alive

I'm on my phone right now but ill grab a random comic with Thor in it and get you an issue number in a sec
Yes, he is.

I am waiting.

Stoic

Two lies in one sentence, not bad.

OK cool I'll try that. Thanks.

Mindset
He can go without power to full power in just a few seconds of sunlight exposure. Originally posted by Mindset
Post a scan within 1 minute or you're a liar. Looks like he's a liar.

Delta1938
Two lies equal the truth.

Concession accepted, my friend.

Good debate as usual.

Nuh uh infinity.

OK cool I'll try that. Thanks.

You're welcome. If that doesn't work, well, Google.

The Sorrow
Having Wolverines HF isn't going to make much off a difference to Superman. Avengers still win.

pym-ftw
Yes, he is.

I am waiting.
Thor versus Stonecutter he absorbs his radiant shielding to escape from him

Avengers #25
During the ninth day arc

abhilegend
Thor versus Stonecutter he absorbs his radiant shielding to escape from him

Avengers #25
During the ninth day arc
Avengers Assemble 25? Absorbing shield=/=Absorbing hyperprossesed solar energies. I already know a far better example when he absorbed magneto's shield. Try again. Oh and here is how fast superman recharges after being powerless under a red sun for days

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-006.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-007.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-008.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-009.jpg

SamZED
Lol they got Zoidberg nooooo!

pym-ftw
How is supermans energy any diffrent than any other characters energy?

Delta1938

For one, there's a difference between a shield and internal processed energy. Two, why exactly would Thor think to drain Superman? Does he always assume his opponents are powered entirely by energy?

pym-ftw
Forum rules

They have the knowledgeof an average citizen in the characters world

abhilegend
Not all characters. Its unique though as he hyperprocesses the solar energy to store into cells.

abhilegend
Forum rules

So? Thor is suddenly going to act OOC because he knows about superman?

pym-ftw
I'm not saying he is going to drain him dry

I'm saying he sence the bio aura and absorb it on impact, thus increasing his striking power

abhilegend
I'm not saying he is going to drain him dry

I'm saying he sence the bio aura and absorb it on impact, thus increasing his striking power
Superman doesn't has bio-aura anymore. Its all his basic durability once again.

Delta1938
Forum rules

Well, one, Abhi already pointed-out this would still be out of character for Thor. Two, I honestly don't even know if it's knowledge of the average citizen on New Earth that Superman's powered by sunlight. Sure, lots of people know, but enemies, allies and friends of Superman aren't average people.

But ok. Superman gets the common knowledge that it's easy to grab Thor by the wrist and beat his face with Mjolnir. miffed

-Pr-
Forum rules

Solar battery isn't common knowledge.

Delta1938
Solar battery isn't common knowledge.

I thought your statement was the case. Of course, pym never did answer why Thor using that knowledge would be in-character, so this is just the final nail on the coffin.

pym-ftw
Superman doesn't has bio-aura anymore. Its all his basic durability once again.
When did he lose it?

keiththegreat

In Thors multi-decade long history howamy times has he absorbed someone's energy? Hulk is powered by gamma beefy has he ever drained him?

PillarofOsiris
Superman does have a decent healing factor, but I don't think it's as good as Wolverine's. Wolverine can come back from his head being chopped off, etc. And it's hilarious someone thinks Thor or Hulk can solo. Superman gets a solid majority even without the HF over either of those two. And even if Thor decides right as the fight starts "I'm going to drain the yellow solar energy out of this guy immediately" (to answer the previous question, since 1962 and THOUSANDS OF APPEARANCES, I know of maybe 1 or 2 times that Thor has drained an opponent in the fashion we're discussing here. Although maybe someone could add some more as I don't have every appearance) Superman can still blitz Thor before Thor can THINK "I'm going to drain Superman". I have no problem thinking Superman can one shot current Thor before he can react (hell everyone else has lately).

pym-ftw
Read the post above and you will gain knowledge of my (admitting I was wrong) stance.

Batman-Prime
Before he could abosrb Supes energies, and I doubt he could do such a thing, Superman would ko him.

Anyway. It's most likely that their fight would go similar to their fight in JLA vs Avengers... and there wouldn't be something like vibrating someone into pieces or absorbing someones energies...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Lol they got Zoidberg nooooo!

laughing out loud

carver9
Thor or Hulk solos (Hulk outright kills him). Its half retarded thinking Superman can beat two beings of this magnetide by himself. That's like me saying, "since Hulk tanked a point blank blast from Surfer and was pounding on Surfer and Namor at the same time, he stomps this".

(Thanks for the scans abhi).

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_TheOrder004-10.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_TheOrder004-11.jpg

It's not happening. Thor and Superman can go either way and looking at how Marvel is currently treating Hulk, he stomps here.

PillarofOsiris
That's like me saying, "since Hulk tanked a point blank blast from Surfer and was pounding on Surfer and Namor at the same time, he stomps this".

That's a horrible analogy.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
That's a horrible analogy.

So Hulk working a high Herald and a low Herald at the same time and tanking attacks from a high Herald, one of the most powerful Heralds there is, is a bad analogy? Gotcha.

dmills

laughing out loud

keiththegreat
Namor is a herald?

pym-ftw
^yes? You don't consider him to be

carver9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Namor is a herald?

Lowest of the totem pole but yes. Defeating Hulk, giving Thor fits, working Black Bolt, taking on the fantastic four and winning, stalemating Sentry, ripping Ironman suit apart, taking on both Ironman and Ares at the same time and stomping them. The list goes on and on.

Delta1938
Thor or Hulk solos (Hulk outright kills him). Its half retarded thinking Superman can beat two beings of this magnetide by himself. That's like me saying, "since Hulk tanked a point blank blast from Surfer and was pounding on Surfer and Namor at the same time, he stomps this".

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_TheOrder004-10.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Marvel/th_TheOrder004-11.jpg

It's not happening. Thor and Superman can go either way and looking at how Marvel is currently treating Hulk, he stomps here.

How is it wearing a helmet all day? stick out tongue

iceman24567
Superman 6/10

Batman-Prime
Superman 6/10

thumb up

Delta1938
Superman

vs

Current Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man

Superman's taken on more powerful teams than this before. Stalemated under Byrne-levels one time, won(with minor help from Batman) another while weakened before UP, UP AND AWAY. He's also stalemated The Weird who beat more powerful team than this(Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner GL, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate).

carver9
Superman's taken on more powerful teams than this before. Stalemated under Byrne-levels one time, won(with minor help from Batman) another while weakened before UP, UP AND AWAY. He's also stalemated The Weird who beat more powerful team than this(Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner GL, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate).

Hulk has taken on more powerful teams if you were to add Supes to the other team. What's the point of that statement.?

Sin I AM
Hulk has taken on more powerful teams if you were to add Supes to the other team. What's the point of that statement.?

What team has he beaten as powerful as that lineup

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What team has he beaten as powerful as that lineup
He said taken on not beaten sister

Sin I AM
He said taken on not beaten sister

My question still stands there u

iceman24567
My question still stands there u
Well your question is irrelevant since the topic is about teams they that have taken on not beaten

-Pr-

You either didn't read the OP, or are being dense intentionally.

And yes, that's a horrible analogy.

Delta1938

I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the swapping Superman thing. But on what the point of my statement is, what you said would be relevant if I had only said, "Superman's taken on more powerful teams than this before." And had not included, "Stalemated under Byrne-levels one time, won(with minor help from Batman) another while weakened before UP, UP AND AWAY. He's also stalemated The Weird who beat more powerful team than this(Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner GL, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate)."

carver9
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the swapping Superman thing. But on what the point of my statement is, what you said would be relevant if I had only said, "Superman's taken on more powerful teams than this before." And had not included, "Stalemated under Byrne-levels one time, won(with minor help from Batman) another while weakened before UP, UP AND AWAY. He's also stalemated The Weird who beat more powerful team than this(Martian Manhunter, Guy Gardner GL, Captain Atom and Doctor Fate)."

And Hulk has stalemated and overpowered Onslaught, someone that had the entire planet on lock down. I don't get the point of this when I believe that Superman would give Savage Hulk fits.

Sin I AM
Well your question is irrelevant since the topic is about teams they that have taken on not beaten

Your an idiot

-Pr-
And Hulk has stalemated and overpowered Onslaught, someone that had the entire planet on lock down. I don't get the point of this when I believe that Superman would give Savage Hulk fits.

Don't pretend Hulk did it all by himself, skippy.

carver9
Don't pretend Hulk did it all by himself, skippy.

In the end, no. If it wasn't for him breaking Onslaught apart, they would have lost.

iceman24567
Your an idiot Lick my crevice

-Pr-
In the end, no. If it wasn't for him breaking Onslaught apart, they would have lost.

In general.

Delta1938

Superman has feats more impressive than breaking Onslaught. And you believe "Superman would give Savage Hulk fits?" I guess this is you claiming Superman would give a good fight to Savage Hulk, but ultimately lose? If that's the case, hey Carter, you're back. Where's Carver?

Your an idiot

Irony.

carver9
I would give Superman the edge against Savage Hulk. Six or 7/10. It depends on Savage mood.

Delta1938
I would give Superman the edge against Savage Hulk. Six or 7/10. It depends on Savage mood.

If he's particularly pissed, he might get lucky and get 3/10 assuming Kryptonite's around every fight. big grin

-Pr-

Nice to see you recognising that Superman is > the best Hulk.

abhilegend

Superman soloed a team of Captain Atom, John stewart, Major force and Power girl by just spinning fast. Savage hulk has already punked surfer and namor trying to restrain him in Sub-mariner 35 and both surfer and namor were fine there. That just shows hulk is stronger than surfer and namor. FWIW surfer claimed he was weakened there because he expanded too much energy trying to change fixit to savage hulk. FYI namor has stalemated hulk more times than any hero (around 16 times) and has two clean wins against hulk. You shouldn't have brought namor into this.

carver9
Superman soloed a team of Captain Atom, John stewart, Major force and Power girl by just spinning fast. Savage hulk has already punked surfer and namor trying to restrain him in Sub-mariner 35 and both surfer and namor were fine there. That just shows hulk is stronger than surfer and namor. FWIW surfer claimed he was weakened there because he expanded too much energy trying to change fixit to savage hulk. FYI namor has stalemated hulk more times than any hero (around 16 times) and has two clean wins against hulk. You shouldn't have brought namor into this.

Classic fights, nice brining up.

Why wouldn't I bring up Namor? Hell, people went to Namor for help to take out WWH and he backed down and stated no force on the planet is capable of stopping him. Hulk has been a consistent team wrecker and has thrashed Heralds on a consistent bases. You bringing up Superman spinning around in a circle doesn't change this.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Hulk%20feats/NamorbelievesHulkisunstoppableinthisstate.jpg

Delta1938

Why wouldn't I bring up Namor? Hell, people went to Namor for help to take out WWH and he backed down and stated no force on the planet is capable of stopping him. Hulk has been a consistent team wrecker and has thrashed Heralds on a consistent bases. You bringing up Superman spinning around in a circle doesn't change this.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Hulk%20feats/NamorbelievesHulkisunstoppableinthisstate.jpg

Fail, Carv. That team was more powerful than the team here. And what exactly could they do if Superman did that? Especially if he took it as an opportunity to pepper them with punches and bursts of heat vision?

By the way, Superman was weakened when he did that.

Batman-Prime

Superman is a team wrecker too. That's what Abhi wanted to explain to you, Hulk isn't the only Herald level Team wrecker...

carver9
Fail, Carv. That team was more powerful than the team here. And what exactly could they do if Superman did that? Especially if he took it as an opportunity to pepper them with punches and bursts of heat vision?

By the way, Superman was weakened when he did that.

Hulk can Thunder clap, Thor can create a tornado of his own. To many options

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman is a team wrecker too. That's what Abhi wanted to explain to you, Hulk isn't the only Herald level Team wrecker...

Never said he wasn't ...I agree, Superman is a team wrecker. doubted that.

abhilegend

Namor didn't want to fight hulk as he was an old friend. Which heralds hulk thrashed as a team? Hulk has always been the strongest guy on marvel earth, that's what he does. Unfortunately superman isn't from marvel. Superman has wrecked teams like LOSH, JLA, JSA, Shadow Cabinet, Imperiex Probes and was shown killing hal jordan, wonder woman, captain marvel, flash, supergirl and others when he renounced his humanity by Kismet.

Delta1938

You're assuming they'd have the chance to do that while simultaneously dealing with vertigo and being punched in the face.

abhilegend
Nope. Try again.

cdtm
Superman

vs

Current Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Man

O_o Superman already has a healing factor.

Given the odds here, Supes goes "Ending Battle/Imperiex Probe Buster", and fights smart. In which case, he wins..

iceman24567
Originally posted by cdtm
O_o Superman already has a healing factor.

A pretty good one. big grin
We already went over that several pages ago no expression

carver9
Namor didn't want to fight hulk as he was an old friend. Which heralds hulk thrashed as a team? Hulk has always been the strongest guy on marvel earth, that's what he does. Unfortunately superman isn't from marvel. Superman has wrecked teams like LOSH, JLA, JSA, Shadow Cabinet, Imperiex Probes and was shown killing hal jordan, wonder woman, captain marvel, flash, supergirl and others when he renounced his humanity by Kismet.

Superman didn't wreck a team of Heralds, don't know why you keep saying that.

If Hulk went to DC, he would be the strongest there as well.

Namor didn't say he was the strongest, Namor said NO FORCE ON EARTH WOULD STOP HIM. Learn the difference.

cdtm
You're assuming they'd have the chance to do that while simultaneously dealing with vertigo and being punched in the face.

Superman doesn't even need to get the KO, too. The Op didn't preclude battlefield removal.

Take Hulk. Supes tries KOing Hulk at first, and if that fails.. He gets rid of him.

Throws him into orbit or something.

Or, he could just skip the beatdown and go right for BFR. Done it before.. Ask Neutron.

-Pr-
Superman didn't wreck a team of Heralds, don't know why you keep saying that.

If Hulk went to DC, he would be the strongest there as well.

Namor didn't say he was the strongest, Namor said NO FORCE ON EARTH WOULD STOP HIM. Learn the difference.

Superman has wrecked teams of heralds, yes.

lol, no.

JakeTheBank
Superman doesn't even need to get the KO, too. The Op didn't preclude battlefield removal.

In which case, Supes tries KOing Hulk at first, and if that fails.. He gets rid of him.

Throws him into orbit or something.

In that case, it's more likely Thor BFRs Superman than Superman manages to successfully BFR Hulk.

iceman24567
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In that case, it's more likely Thor BFRs Superman than Superman manages to successfully BFR Hulk. Liar

cdtm
In that case, it's more likely Thor BFRs Superman than Superman manages to successfully BFR Hulk.

Not given Supes substantial combat speed edge over Thor.

And the entire team.

JakeTheBank
Liar

Not really?

Thor can BFR Superman easier than Superman can forcibly throw/punch Hulk against his own will out of orbit. Hulk can attempt to resist the kinetic force/struggle against Superman's physicality with his own. Superman, however, can't resist a BFR from Mjolnir.

JakeTheBank
Not given Supes substantial combat speed edge over Thor.

And the entire team.

Wasn't factoring in speed but rather comparing the difficulty between the two tasks.

I don't see Superman becoming intangible and untouchable forum god Kal-El, but seeing as how unlikely scenarios/strategies got brought up in favor for the Avengers (which I disagree with), it was only a matter of time before the other shoe got dropped for Kal with a vengeance (which I also disagree with).

Sin I AM

Irony.

Wtf is that suppose to mean

cdtm
Not really?

Thor can BFR Superman easier than Superman can forcibly throw/punch Hulk against his own will out of orbit. Hulk can attempt to resist the kinetic force/struggle against Superman's physicality with own. Superman, however, can't resist a BFR from Mjolnir.

Easier?

Is that why Thor needed the Power Pack to run interference, while he prepared to 'port Juggernaut away? Or why Nefaria was able to stuff his battlefield removal attempt?

And again, remember that Supes can uppercut Hulk, before Hulk knows he moved. Can't resist a sucker punch, essentially..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>