Bruce Wayne vs Tony Stark...Who's Smarter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

society619
Based on overall feats who is smarter Bruce or Tony?

Mindset
Tony has a more specialized intelligence while Bruce's is broader.

Cogito
Tech? Tony
Strategy? Bruce

Doon
Wayne. He's the ideal human specimen. Tony, a genius in his own right, is not quite in the same league. Plus, he drinks from time to time. That's likely to damage a few brain cells.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Tony has a more specialized intelligence while Bruce's is broader.

This. thumb up

Originally posted by Doon
Wayne. He's the ideal human specimen. Tony, a genius in his own right, is not quite in the same league. Plus, he drinks from time to time. That's likely to damage a few brain cells.

Thanks to Extremis/Bleeding Edge, I doubt Tony's brain cells are damaged at all.

Mindset
Yea, because Bruce fighting every night is great for his brain cells...amirite!?

pym-ftw
Tony on an intelligence test but I guess there roughly even all things considered

Golgo13
Originally posted by Cogito
Tech? Tony
Strategy? Bruce

I agree with this. IF Bruce created Brother Eye (DCnU), I could see him equaling Tony.

pym-ftw
But new god tech isn't his own work

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
But new god tech isn't his own work

No, but if Wayne was the sole creator of Brother Eye that would be a pretty huge tech feat, seeing what BE can do. However, we need to see more. He might have had help, for instance. But as it stands now, it looks like he did it by himself.

Igniz
I think Bruce is smarter.

Glorificus
Tony is more intelligent, while Bruce is more cunning.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Glorificus
Tony is more intelligent, while Bruce is more cunning.

This.

Juntai
Bruce. He's even as good at tech, just doesn't use it often as its not centralized to his character, but destroys him in any other arena of the mind. ;D

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Juntai
Bruce. He's even as good at tech, just doesn't use it often as its not centralized to his character, but destroys him in any other arena of the mind. ;D

Not in the social aspects for sure

Bouboumaster
Yea, because Bruce fighting every night is great for his brain cells...amirite!?

laughing

Golgo13

He's been using tech a lot it seems. I hope it continues.

juggernaut74
Bruce. He's even as good at tech, just doesn't use it often as its not centralized to his character, but destroys him in any other arena of the mind. ;D Pretty much.

JayDaDon
Bruce doesn't really have the resume tony has of taking down elite threats with his tech. Tony clearly has the edge there. Bruce's smarts are more spread our especially in strategy.

Hanaoka
Bruce. Batman just never lose to anyone.

Philosophía

Sixth_Winged
I'd say Bruce is all around smarter but is upped by Stark in the engineering, robotics, physics and I.T department.

If they were equal, his armor would've ended the Talons quite easily during the night of owls instead of them having the ability to fight back.

Philosophía
"Building armors to fight crime" is not really Bruce's main interest. Or second. Or third.

Also, he's had better armors than that.

Golgo13

leonidas
i'd say stark has more tech knowledge at his fingertips than bats (ie tony has a greater depth of tech knowledge readily available to him) but that bats could certainly learn or teach himself anything tony knows. bruce has a far greater breadth of knowledge though and i would say bruce is, in general, the smarter of the 2.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Golgo13
Which armors are you referring to? The Insider suit, for one, with whom he was a mini-JLA.

Or the suit he made in S/B to pose as Superman when the later was depowered.

Or even the recent Batman & Robin suit he used, against Terminus.

Sixth_Winged

Philosophía
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
The insider suit while impressive was borderline useless on prolonged fights due to it's ability cooldown issues so i don't think that would a good example at all.

What made the suit work was Batman himself but any other pilot would deem it a momentary glass canon. He fought and defeated the Outsiders while inside of it, and didn't want to damage them significantly. It had power faults, sure, but it was a temporary suit, built while he was hiding his existence from everybody. To say "it's not a good example" of a costume better than the one used against the Talons is inaccurate, to say the least.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders1.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders2.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders3.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders4.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders5.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders6.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders7.jpg
http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/darknight2k/Standard%20Advanced%20Prep%20Time/?action=view&current=brucewayneoutsiders-insidervsoutsiders8.jpg

society619

Philosophía
Originally posted by society619
Batman's Insider Suit was also put down to critical levels by a single punch from Geo-Master. While impressive it still has ALOT of issues. By that point, he had already used power reserves, and he was running low on it. I already said power faults were present, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a better suit than the one used against the Talons. Also, Geo-Force is ridiculously powerful.

Sixth_Winged

Philosophía
Sorry but still not terribly impressive given the cooldowns and the fact that he bested the team he has insider knowledge on and some rookies.

I would consider a good example to have lesser glaring limitations like the frequency of use of said abilities. You don't see Ironman being limited to 3-4 repulsor blasts with a 10 min cooldown now do you? Or be able to travel mach speeds for a few minute and then wait an hour. Who is comparing that suit to Iron Man's?

Sixth_Winged

Golgo13
Yeah, Bruce can get serious when it comes to tech. Just look at Brother Eye. His best creation yet.

Philosophía
I am Then tell me when the discussion with yourself is finished, so I can join back in to what's actually discussed.

Sixth_Winged
Yeah, Bruce can get serious when it comes to tech. Just look at Brother Eye. His best creation yet.

Brother eye is impressive indeed.

Deadline
Bruce. He's even as good at tech, just doesn't use it often

Proof please.

I'm quite sure Tony has built a time machine and has used tech to effectively counteract magic, thats one of Bruce's weaknesses.

Golgo13
If this was ever a prep war, Bruce could use Brother Eye to his advantage and hack/spy to see what Tony is doing.

Sixth_Winged

Deadline
If this was ever a prep war, Bruce could use Brother Eye to his advantage and hack/spy to see what Tony is doing.

Why didn't somebody say that in the first place? That just ends the debate.

Golgo13
Yeah, Brother Eye has been pretty impressive thus far in the DCnU. Even SHADE has trouble countering and tracking BE. It has access to every TV, cell phone, satellite, computer, laptop, etc... in the WORLD. And then some.

Philosophía
Haha that's hilarious. Bet you do that everytime you think posting questions you thought was rhetorical got answered.

Anyway you really don't need to respond to my post if you think i wasn't part of the discussion.

You could've began a while ago with not trying to prove the insider suit was impressive cause I refuted it or quoting me at all. We were discussing about suits more impressive than the one Bruce used against the Talons, one of which was the Insider suit.

You then went off about how Iron Man doesn't need to recharge his repulsors compared to Bruce.

It's like walking on the street with a drunk friend, and he just suddenly changes direction, falling face first into horse shit. It's a nice gesture to pull him up and set him back on track.

Deadline
Yeah, Brother Eye has been pretty impressive thus far in the DCnU. Even SHADE has trouble countering and tracking BE. It has access to every TV, cell phone, satellite, computer, laptop, etc... in the WORLD. And then some.

If it's that invincible how come Mr Teriffic was able to hide from it? Not saying he's rubbish just throwing that one out.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Deadline
If it's that invincible how come Mr Teriffic was able to hide from it? Not saying he's rubbish just throwing that one out.

It's his power to be "invisible" to tech....

Deadline
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
It's his power to be "invisible" to tech....

I know, but that still doesn't make BE the invincible monster you make it out to be. The Ghost is similar to Mister Terrific that hasn't stopped Tony from beating him.

Hell I could argue Tony could use his time machine to beat Batman. I'm sorry Batman just doesn't beat Tony's whole career just because he built BE.

Golgo13

WHen was he able to hide from it? Just shows you that he's that good.

Deadline
WHen was he able to hide from it? Just shows you that he's that good.

Oh I see what you did there nice one. Tony uses his time machine goes back in time and stops Batman from building BE. End of thread.

I think he hid from it in Infinity Crisis.

Batman-Prime
I know, but that still doesn't make BE the invincible monster you make it out to be. The Ghost is similar to Mister Terrific that hasn't stopped Tony from beating him.

Me? Are yo confusing me with someone else? They are two differen't characters, the one needs a Battlesuit the other has a mask and T-Spheres AND is much smarter. And I don't exactly know what the Ghost vs IM or Mr. T vs Ironman has anything to do with BE being powerful...

Golgo13
I was using DCnU Brother Eye, seeing as it has a different origin to it. Different backhistory. In the DCnU, BE has access to all.

Deadline
Me? Are yo confusing me with someone else? They are two differen't characters, the one needs a Battlesuit the other has a mask and T-Spheres AND is much smarter. And I don't exactly know what the Ghost vs IM or Mr. T vs Ironman has anything to do with BE being powerful...

You're banging on about how good BE is but Mr T was able to hide from it, I'm betting Ghost could do the same and Iron Man has beaten him. You could certainly argue that Ghost is better at stealth than Mr T.

I was using DCnU Brother Eye, seeing as it has a different origin to it. Different backhistory. In the DCnU, BE has access to all.

Look mate BE is impressive but he doesn't get to be better at tech because he made that one thing. Tech is what Tony does for a living all day long all of a sudden Bruce is just as good?

Come off it.

Golgo13
Nope. Brother Eye ftw.

Batman-Prime
You're banging on about how good BE is but Mr T was able to hide from it, I'm betting Ghost could do the same and Iron Man has beaten him. You could certainly argue that Ghost is better at stealth than Mr T.

Look mate BE is impressive but he doesn't get to be better at tech because he made that one thing. Tech is what Tony does for a living all day long all of a sudden Bruce is just as good?

Come off it.

In this thread I didn't bang anything....

Pre DCnU BE was almost unsoppable due to the OMACs.

Deadline
Nope. Brother Eye ftw.

Brilliant debating. Did Batman even create BE in the new 52?

In this thread I didn't bang anything....

Pre DCnU BE was almost unsoppable due to the OMACs.

I don't care. Batman isn't better than Tony at tech because he built that one thing, when Tony's whole career is generally superior to Batman's. We go by averages, we don't just pick one thing.

Hell most recently Batman almost got one of his suits destroyed by a bunch of ninja types with swords. facepalm

No Batman loses.

Golgo13
Go read JL and OMAC and get back here.

society619
Doesn't Tony have the majority of Brother Eye's capabilities in Extremis?

Deadline
Go read JL and OMAC and get back here.

No I won't read anything. It's your job to make a decent argument, it's not my job to read every comic related to your argument, and you know what it probably doesn't make a difference. As I already stated we go by averages regardless of how impressive BE is.

Not sure if you saw my last edit but one of Batmans suit almost got destroyed by The Owls. No Batman definetly does not win with tech. I can't imagine any recent suit created by Tony getting destroyed by guys with swords.

Golgo13
I already said some of BE's feats. Now go read OMAC.

Deadline
^ Most of them werent that impressive. Make a decent argument and until then Tony wins. You're copping out.

Again we go by averages, doesn't matter how impressive BE is.

Mindset
If this was ever a prep war, Bruce could use Brother Eye to his advantage and hack/spy to see what Tony is doing. No...he couldn't.

Golgo13
No...he couldn't.

Yes... he could.

Mindset
Prove it.

Golgo13
I doubt Tony would even detect BE. Stealth mode.

Mindset
OK, can't prove it.

Concession accepted.

Golgo13
BE steals Tony's plans and wins.

Deadline
Again we go by averages. Even if BE is all that Batman doesn't win due to that one creation.

Mindset
BE steals Tony's plans and wins. Then Tony hacks BE and blows it up.

Golgo13
If SHADE couldn't do it, Tony can't.

Mindset
Except Tony > Shade.

Concession accepted.

Deadline
I have a feeling Batman couldn't hack it either.....not sure what that proves.

Golgo13
Except Tony > Shade.

Concession accepted.

How so?

Mindset
How so? By Tony having better tech.

If SHADE couldn't do it, Tony can't. Why not?

Golgo13
I don't think Tony has a wide range of tech like Shade.

Mindset
I don't think Tony has a wide range of tech like Shade. And what wide range of tech that is relevant would this be?

Tony has better tech, you need to just deal with it, bud.

Golgo13
Ant Farm, Leviathan, their access to world busters when they visited Monster Planet, etc... They have Ray Palmer as one of their scientists, amongst other geniuses.

Mindset
OK, so like I said.

Tony > Shade.

Golgo13
Nope.

Philosophía
I think Prep-Man is trolling you, Mindset.

Mindset
I already won this debate on page one.

I don't know when he started posting, but that's when I started owning.

Golgo13
rolling on floor laughing

Doon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Not in the social aspects for sure

Bruce (the man, not the mask) refrains from indulging in social activities by choice.

Doon

Point taken.

Deadline
Ant Farm, Leviathan, their access to world busters when they visited Monster Planet, etc... They have Ray Palmer as one of their scientists, amongst other geniuses.

I knew I should have started collecting that series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.