Spider-Man vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
H2H only

No flight, no webbing

Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Iron Man fries him with repulsor rays, pulse bolts and uni-beam. All at the same time. Just to make sure he stays dead and people don't have to read books with him anymore.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Iron Man fries him with repulsor rays, pulse bolts and uni-beam. All at the same time. Just to make sure he stays dead and people don't have to read books with him anymore.

Maybe if this fight wasn't Hand to Hand only.

pym-ftw
Tony is much stronger and more durable

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Maybe if this fight wasn't Hand to Hand only.

My hatred is so strong I ignored that part of your post stick out tongue

Tony still should be able to win... Extremis armor had an artificial spider-sense and very good combat speed. Bleeding Edge is an upgrade to Extremis, it also has enhanced agility.

Even the classic red and gold armor gave Stark a somewhat enhanced fighting speed, allowing him to surprise Count Nefaria, for example.

There are the obvious strength and durability advantages, too.

Galan007
Stark, without much effort.

byrdgang21
My hatred is so strong I ignored that part of your post stick out tongue

Tony still should be able to win... Extremis armor had an artificial spider-sense and very good combat speed. Bleeding Edge is an upgrade to Extremis, it also has enhanced agility.

Even the classic red and gold armor gave Stark a somewhat enhanced fighting speed, allowing him to surprise Count Nefaria, for example.

There are the obvious strength and durability advantages, too.

Why do you hate Pete?

pym-ftw
^your the one that put him against Ironman, and then handicapped him

SamZED
Spider-man wins. Come at me.

Kid Kurdy
H2H only ?

Spider-Man definitely wins. In every other scenario I would give it to Iron Man, but Stark isn't much of a fighter, he's way too slow.

Without flight and without his fancy weapons, Iron Man is just a slow brick, just the way Spider-Man likes them.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
H2H only ?

Spider-Man definitely wins. In every other scenario I would give it to Iron Man, but Stark isn't much of a fighter, he's way too slow.

Without flight and without his fancy weapons, Iron Man is just a slow brick, just the way Spider-Man likes them.

Fanboy alert.

Seriously, read some Iron Man comics.

Kid Kurdy
Seriously, read some Iron Man comics.
He has his own series ? Since when ?

Galan007
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13181058_im-07-010.jpg

Slow brick. ElOhEl.

Harbinger
Is that Mallen getting his ass handed to him in that first scan?

EDIT: Never mind. Gone.

Digi
Despite some of the processing speed and reaction feats Tony has, no one's claiming he's straight-up faster than Pete...right? I agree Tony wins, no question. Eventually Pete would get tagged, and IM is way more durable. But we're still talking about a speed and agility discrepancy here, in SM's favor.

Sixth_Winged
Even though bleeding edge might billed as an upgrade, i haven't seen feats that would resemble that to suggest he still retained his super-speed. (also that healing factor)

Could be wrong, can anyone confirm?

DarkSaint85
So how was it an upgrade, if his abilities were downgraded?

Galan007
Originally posted by Harbinger
Is that Mallen getting his ass handed to him in that first scan?

EDIT: Never mind. Gone. Yes, it was.

Originally posted by Digi
Despite some of the processing speed and reaction feats Tony has, no one's claiming he's straight-up faster than Pete...right? I agree Tony wins, no question. Eventually Pete would get tagged, and IM is way more durable. But we're still talking about a speed and agility discrepancy here, in SM's favor. During Civil War, Tony effortlessly dodged Pete's first few attacks before using the spider-sense he built... Tony was toying with him. So I think an argument for Tony's speed-superiority can definitely be made.

Regardless, Pete cannot cause enough(if any) lasting damage to the armor before Tony one-shots him. So faster or not, Tony wins every single time.

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
During Civil War, Tony effortlessly dodged Pete's first few attacks before using the spider-sense he built... Tony was toying with him. So I think an argument for Tony's speed-superiority can definitely be made.

Regardless, Pete cannot cause enough(if any) lasting damage to the armor before Tony one-shots him. So faster or not, Tony wins every single time.

Interesting. It's just a "history of feats" thing for me. Pete's best reaction feats are off the charts...speedsters and HH+ are generally the only ones who can go feat for feat with him. I'm familiar with Tony's best speed feats though, so I can't say I'm certain about these two in terms of speed and reactions.

I agree with the overall assessment, of course. My point was about reactions alone.

Galan007
I agree with the overall assessment, of course. My point was about reactions alone. Where Pete's speed feats are concerned I can't say for certain, as I'm not familiar with his top feats in that area. And it is definitely logical to consider all of his speed/reaction feats, not arguing that-- but if you judge their respective speeds by an actual battle between them, then Tony came out looking vastly superior imo. Even before he pulled that synthesized spider-sense ability out of his ass, he was literally toying with Pete(like he did with pretty much everyone during CW.)

...But considering Tony has battled multiple herald-levelers(and had no problem keeping up with them), he should be able to match(at the very least) Spidey's speed in a fight, I'd think.

golem370
If Spider-Man can take his helmet out he could win.

JayDaDon
If Tony is in the extremis suit, Spider-man should get stomped horribly. He had some insane speed in that suit and it was just as strong as usual. In terms of physical stats tho, we really didn't see all that much from the bleeding edge suit.

Galan007
The Bleeding Edge armor was on par with amped Ulik and Dynamo (of whom had been amped to Thor-levels by Diablo/H-E.) The Bleeding Edge also battled Thor pretty evenly in the same series.

If the Extremis armor wins(and it would), the BE armor wins several times easier.

JayDaDon
How fast was BE? Actually come to think of it, it's probably far more durable than extremis was so maybe stark can just roll through spidey's punches.

Galan007
Definitely can.

Like I said, the BE was punched several times by amped Ulik and Dynamo (who were Thor-level at the time), and the armor wasn't damaged in the slightest. But lets be honest, the BE is almost certainly faster than Extremis-- but it most definitely wouldn't be slower.

h1a8
in h2h only Spidey wins
in a straight fight Tony stomps

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

And it wouldn't be close.

abhilegend
Tony stomps. Although spidey once pissed beat the shit out of an Iron man from future.

Flyattractor
Spidey should be physically faster since he has been genetically altered, whereas with Tony the SUIT should be faster then spidey but tony is still a reg old human as far as I recall. He shouldn't be able to react to anything any faster then he can make the suit respond. Unless there is some nonsence out there about the suit speeding up tony's thought processes.

ctsketch
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Spidey should be physically faster since he has been genetically altered, whereas with Tony the SUIT should be faster then spidey but tony is still a reg old human as far as I recall. He shouldn't be able to react to anything any faster then he can make the suit respond. Unless there is some nonsence out there about the suit speeding up tony's thought processes.

Extremis and B/E Iron Man Tony Stark IS sped up by the nano tech in his body. he now thinks and reacts faster and his body is powered by the arc reactor. he IS the suit.

Digi
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Ah, real world logic.

Yes, there is such nonsense.

Flyattractor
Ah, real world logic.

Yes, there is such nonsense. Then that is the way that Tony can beat Spidey.

Happy Dance

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ctsketch
Extremis and B/E Iron Man Tony Stark IS sped up by the nano tech in his body. he now thinks and reacts faster and his body is powered by the arc reactor. he IS the suit.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.