Avengers: Age of Ultron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Which actor will suit thanos in the avengers 2 movie??

Kazenji
Most likely whoever that was portraying him at the end of Avengers 1.

Flyattractor
I would assume Thanny will be all CGI like the Hulk was so it would be a voice over actor guy.

CowardlyBlakMan
lol

Kazenji
What was the joke?

roughrider
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would assume Thanny will be all CGI like the Hulk was so it would be a voice over actor guy.

No need for CGI. Thanos is just a bit bigger than Thor, so there's no need to scale him up to Hulk-size.

Hard to say who should play him, since the actor will be under so much makeup & costuming. They should be big, but if they get an undersized actor they can scale him up in subtle ways; ex. Tom Hardy as Bane.

The voice is what will matter. Would they pull a George Lucas and get one actor for the body, while another does the voice? Darth Vader & Darth Maul shows it can work.

Tzeentch._
Michael Clark Duncan's a pretty big g-

Robtard
Isn't Thanos built like a brick? 7+ feet tall and 6 foot wide, massive hands etc? I do hope they go full CGI.

Tzeentch._
No, you're thinking of of my junk.

Nephthys
Boooooo! :throws things at Blax:

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
No, you're thinking of of my junk.

Go see a doctor for that, cos you've got a condition, son.

http://static.tumblr.com/tshzyd0/Uojm6yl4g/thanos_2.jpg

KingD19

Yeah, he's got a pretty big casket too. So he's out.

http://themancavedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/thanos-Marvels-Avengers-2-Damion-Poitier-The-Man-cave-Daily.png

That's the guy who played Thanos, Damion Poitier. He's Sidney Poitier's nephew I think.

I've got a friend whose writing a book for Marvel and they've met a couple times. If he's got the right voice(which I think he does), they can just do the mocap like they did with Hulk. Because Thanos is ****ing huge, not quite Hulk size, but still really really big.

rudester
laurence fishburne

http://movieactors.com/photos/fled-33-60.jpg

BruceSkywalker
i am going to portray Thanos.. big grin

Thanos will be CGI the same way he was during the post credit scene in the Avengers, moreso, Larrry Fishburne or someone else with a good voice will do the voiceover

Robtard
LoL, bunch of racist insisting Thanos be played by a black actor.

roughrider

Is that a joke? Because he's dead.

Mindset
Quanchi.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Mindset
Quanchi. lol

Flyattractor
Originally posted by CowardlyBlakMan
lol Welcome to the 21st Century.

KingD19
Update. He just went to my friend's comic book shop and said Joss Whedon was very interested in him coming back to play Thanos. So chances are it'll be him afterall.

Mindset
Update.

Quan has been confirmed for the role of Thanos.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider
Is that a joke? Because he's dead.

It's called black humour.

No pun intended.

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by roughrider
Is that a joke? Because he's dead. He's not dead. You're lying.

KingD19
Yeah. He is.

Complications from a heart attack and subsequent surgery. It's been pretty big news

XanatosForever
...He's in denial.

Tzeentch._
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t569849.html

stfu. clowns.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i am going to portray Thanos.. big grin

Thanos will be CGI the same way he was during the post credit scene in the Avengers, moreso, Larrry Fishburne or someone else with a good voice will do the voiceover

Thanos wasn't CGI. It was prosthetics.

marwash22
Clancy Brown.
Christopher Judge.
Dennis Haysbert.

dunno if he's capable of drama, but Brad Garrett (Everbody Loves Raymond) has both the size and the voice for it.

Patrick Warburton also has the voice, but i dunno if he's capable of drama.

Tzeentch._
Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman or Samuel L. Jackson should play Thanos.

roughrider
Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman or Samuel L. Jackson should play Thanos.

Blaxican is just trolling now with this s***.

When he was alive, Michael Clarke Duncan was tailor-made to play Apocalypse, rather than Thanos. But, it's all moot now.

Kazenji
Most likely be Damion Poitier since that's who portrayed him at the end of the first Avengers movie.

KingD19
Thank you.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thanos wasn't CGI. It was prosthetics.

well i will still be able to portray him stick out tongue

as long as he is portrayed good than it won;t much to me as to who does his voice

dynamix
I can see Michael Jae White donning the role.

Robtard
Originally posted by dynamix
I can see Michael Jae White donning the role.

I can't see Whedon hiring a shitty actor as the lead villain for a movie as large as what Avengers 2 will be.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah, he's got a pretty big casket too. So he's out.

http://themancavedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/thanos-Marvels-Avengers-2-Damion-Poitier-The-Man-cave-Daily.png

That's the guy who played Thanos, Damion Poitier. He's Sidney Poitier's nephew I think.

I've got a friend whose writing a book for Marvel and they've met a couple times. If he's got the right voice(which I think he does), they can just do the mocap like they did with Hulk. Because Thanos is ****ing huge, not quite Hulk size, but still really really big.

He looks like Chris Tucker on roids.

Kazenji
His eyes are freaky.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
His eyes are freaky.

If only you could gaze into my eyes, Kaz... cool

Kazenji
Unfortunately i'm not gay for you.

Mindset
I don't think he cares.

Better get a rape whistle.

Kazenji
I bet you wouldn't mind gazing into Esau's eyes.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't think he cares.

Better get a rape whistle.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh how he blew & blew... laughing

dynamix
Originally posted by Robtard
I can't see Whedon hiring a shitty actor as the lead villain for a movie as large as what Avengers 2 will be.

I can't really argue ur point, lol, Thanos is a pretty epic character and it'll take some solid performance to bring out his sadistic charm. While White lack acting range, he does have that cool/confident air about him, which is what Thanos is (to me anyway).

While we're on the subject of bad actors playing Thanos, lol, i can also see Vin Diesel doing well. This scene from "Knock Around Guy" is something i can see Thanos delivering before physically wrecking up shop lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3-d7_GxNk

I'm very curious whether they will give him that Shakespearean persona similar to the silver surfer cartoon. I always view him as having a gravel voice lol.

dynamix
double post. ma'bad lol

dynamix
Originally posted by the ninjak
He looks like Chris Tucker on roids.

he seriously seriously does

Kazenji
White people lack the acting range

you serious............ no expression

dynamix
White people lack the acting range

you serious............ no expression

haha...no, dude! Michael Jae WHITE - The guy who played Spawn.

Kazenji
And also got killed by the Joker.

KingD19
He didn't get killed by the Joker. One of his goons did.

Tzeentch._
Um... Joker sliced his face open with a knife. What are you talking about?

KingD19
Oh, I was thinking about the Pencil Trick. I forgot about the bit with the knife at the end.

marwash22
Kevin Feige talks possible recast for Thanos

FrothByte
Just pick the guy who played Raze in Underworld, the big bad werewolf. His name is Kevin Grevioux, and asides from a big physique he's also a decent actor and probably has the deepest voice I've ever heard on any person.

I mean, just check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc1QvI_llE0

aliciad
ofcourse its Michael Clark Duncan's

Mr. Rhythmic
Most likely whoever that was portraying him at the end of Avengers 1.

This. Saw the guy's face. He looks perfect. The face, the grin, and a body perfect for a massive build.

http://xctionbiz.com/displayAvatar.php?image=4d50dafdc6065updated.jpg

Kazenji
Closeup look at Thanos

Mr. Rhythmic
LoL, bunch of racist insisting Thanos be played by a black actor.

1) Damion Poitier IS black, and he portrayed Thanos in "Avengers."
2) I always imagined him with a deep, menacing voice, and I feel like some of these choices, and some of my choices like Ron Perlman and Clancy Brown, are far too used for Thanos. I want a new voice. Michael Ironside already did Darkseid, but maybe lend in Michael Leon Wooley's talents. He did Darkseid on BatB, but I feel like his voice range could be lightened up for a more Thanos-esque voice.

Impediment
It's been confirmed:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/comic-con-avengers-2-villain-589556

DARTH POWER
Really good choice for the villain Imo. The action sequences could look really good.

ares834
My biggest problem is it seems Ultron will be created by Stark. If so, that's a big FU to all the fans.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by ares834
My biggest problem is it seems Ultron will be created by Stark. If so, that's a big FU to all the fans.

Well considering the fact that Marvel made the Mandarin a lie and Pym doesn't exist so far, I guess it was a possibility for that to be Ultron's new origin.

BruceSkywalker
Can't wait to hear Vin Diesel as Ultron... big grin big grin

ares834
"In (Ultron's) origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not."

Well that ****in sucks.

marwash22
bullshit.

wakkawakkawakka
Well...damn. Uh, so is it going to be all Stark or what?

Impediment
This is complete bullshit.

BruceSkywalker

how do you know this?? can you link me to the site that says it

marwash22
There's no Pym; if not Tony, who else would Ultron be created by?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22

i have no idea.. i haven't read the script.. besides who's to say that whedon hasn't included pym for the sequel

ares834

Yep. Plus IM3 seemed to indicate it with Jarvis controlling all those armors and Stark destroying all his suits at the end. Furthermore, the AoU teaser they showed at Comic-con apparently had Iron Man's helmet morph into Ultron's.

i have no idea.. i haven't read the script.. besides who's to say that whedon hasn't included pym for the sequel

I posted a link on this very page where Whedon says Pym is not in AoU...

KingD19

Whedon said there's no Pym included. So if the guy who invented Ultron originally isn't there, it makes sense the only guy with access to hyper advanced AI tech would be the one to create him this time around.

BruceSkywalker
Yep. Plus IM3 seemed to indicate it with Jarvis controlling all those armors and Stark destroying all his suits at the end. Furthermore, the AoU teaser they showed at Comic-con apparently had Iron Man's helmet morph into Ultron's.

I posted a link on this very page where Whedon says Pym is not in AoU...

you sure he is telling the truth??

Whedon said there's no Pym included. So if the guy who invented Ultron originally isn't there, it makes sense the only guy with access to hyper advanced AI tech would be the one to create him this time around.

perhaps but no one truly knows until the film comes out..
Whedon has said many things some of which are true, some not

KingD19
you sure he is telling the truth??

perhaps but no one truly knows until the film comes out..
Whedon has said many things some of which are true, some not

But Ant-Man is coming out after Avengers. So there's no way Pym could do it.

BruceSkywalker
But Ant-Man is coming out after Avengers. So there's no way Pym could do it.

still doesn't mean that Pym won't be in Age of Ultron.. im just simply not jumping the gun like you guys are.. Whedon could be just putting this out there to get people too think on how he is going to write it ..

KingD19
He straight up said Pym wouldn't be involved. He said they're taking bits and pieces of the Ultron origin story and reworking it.

It's not jumping a gun to listen to a confirmation from the director of the movie.

And why do you think they'd put Pym in a movie when he hasn't even been introduced in his own movie yet?

BruceSkywalker
He straight up said Pym wouldn't be involved. He said they're taking bits and pieces of the Ultron origin story and reworking it.

It's not jumping a gun to listen to a confirmation from the director of the movie.

And why do you think they'd put Pym in a movie when he hasn't even been introduced in his own movie yet?

who cares what he said.. Its a known fact that Whedon has lied about things... Makes no sense for him to tell the world that Stark creates Ultron, especially since he hasn't even started filming.. I find that very very suspicious.. thats why I am not jumping the gun here,, movies studios, actors/actresses, directors put things out there to get people started talking about it.. Prime example Didn't Chris Nolan say he was done with anymore involvement regarding Superman and Batman???

For the same exact reason WB is doing for the new Batman.. by putting the new Batman in a team up film with Superman, the fans will decide whether or not WB will move forward with his own film..

same applies here with Antman , Marvel could be giving us a glimpse of what is to come with Pym

steverules_2
If Stark is the creator of Ultron I really want it to be that Robot that keeps f*cking up, I just think that'd be kinda cool but I doubt it and I really hope they make Ultron y'know...look like Ultron

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules_2
If Stark is the creator of Ultron I really want it to be that Robot that keeps f*cking up, I just think that'd be kinda cool but I doubt it and I really hope they make Ultron y'know...look like Ultron

Ultron could be voiced by Vin Diesel

Zack Fair
Iron Man 5: Age of Tony's alcoholism high

steverules_2
Ultron could be voiced by Vin Diesel

I'd be up for that, Vin would be a good voice for Ultron

BruceSkywalker
I'd be up for that, Vin would be a good voice for Ultron

yes he would

steverules_2
He voiced the Iron Giant so wouldn't be the first time he voiced a robot, I wonder if they'd alter his voice at all or just leave it

Impediment
Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Ultron!!

steverules_2
The name rings a bell...mhmm

BruceSkywalker
He voiced the Iron Giant so wouldn't be the first time he voiced a robot, I wonder if they'd alter his voice at all or just leave it

i don't think they would alter his voice..

Originally posted by Impediment
Gilbert Gottfried as the voice of Ultron!!

if it were a comedy.. lol

how about Tom Cruise as the voice.. lmao

wakkawakkawakka
The name rings a bell...mhmm

The parrot from Aladdin.

I wonder how they are going to introduce Ultron now that Pym isn't behind it. Also I'm confused about both Ultron and Thanos, is Thanos only in the Thor movie or what?

steverules_2
Gilbert Gottfried> Vin for the voice of Ultron

marwash22
Ultron could be voiced by Vin Diesel no

BruceSkywalker
no

you never know, after all allegedly Vin Diesel has had meetings with Marvel and that he is going to make some sort of announcement soon concerning that

Patient_Leech
I hope Vin does have a big role to play in The Avengers and he nails it. That'll just give him more star power for the Riddick sequels. And that's really all that matters. smile

marwash22
most popular theory is that he's gonna be Absorbing Man.

BruceSkywalker

first i've heard that.. interesting

Kazenji
I'm going with Vision personally.

BruceSkywalker

also he is more of a Thor villain though, if indeed Diesel is in Avengers: Age of Ultron, he will be either Ultron or Vision , imo

Kazenji
Fan made poster

BruceSkywalker
Fan made poster

thats nice

Impediment
Nice.

Patient_Leech
That actually IS pretty nice. They should hire the artist.

Nibedicus
Actually posted this like almost a year ago. Glad they went the Ultron route! smile

Originally posted by Nibedicus
IMO, they played the Thanos card wayyyy too early. Would have been nice if Avengers 2 had something to do with Ant Man and Ultron. Ultron could jack a few Iron Man armors and Thor and Hulk going to town on Stark's pricey toys would make a helluva fight scene, IMO. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570745&pagenumber=2

the ninjak
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Actually posted this like almost a year ago. Glad they went the Ultron route! smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570745&pagenumber=2

Well done.

COG Veteran
One of the latest rumors going around is that Stark inadvertantly creates Ultron. Jarvis turns into him or some sh*t. Marvel might pull another mandarin on us sad

DARTH POWER
Wouldn't surprise me. That's what IM3 seemed to be hinting at, given how advanced Jarvis was controlling all pf Stark's armours like that.

BruceSkywalker
Liz Olson will be Wanda..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178881-bradley-cooper-up-for-rocket-raccoon-elizabeth-olsen-in-final-talks-for-scarlet-witch

steverules_2
Liz Olson will be Wanda..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/178881-bradley-cooper-up-for-rocket-raccoon-elizabeth-olsen-in-final-talks-for-scarlet-witch

...who's Liz Olsen? She related to the Olsen twins?

wakkawakkawakka
To be honest I always thought Wanda would appear in an Xmen title first.

Don't really have a problem with that decision.

Supra
Who built Ultron in the comics?

juggerman
Originally posted by Supra

Ultraman

steverules_2
Hank Pym

BruceSkywalker
...who's Liz Olsen? She related to the Olsen twins?

her given name is Elizabeth Olsen and yes she is their younger sister..

Lucius Fox

steverules_2
I'm going with Bruce

Mindset
Who built Ultron in the comics? Jeremy Renner.

Kazenji
^ THAT

marwash22
James Spader is Ultron

Impediment
Wuuuuuut?!?!

BruceSkywalker
Wuuuuuut?!?!

http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/ exclusive_avengers_age_of_ultron_casts_james_spade
r_as_the_films_legendary_villain

page has gone missing.. sad sad

The_Tempest
James Spader is Ultron

thumb up

A superb actor who evinces creepiness.

Kazenji
Wuuuuuut?!?!

Its really Ben Affleck.

DARTH POWER
Its really Ben Affleck.

LOL

Impediment
LMAO.

BruceSkywalker
LMAO.

lol

the ninjak
JARVIS being Ultron is acceptable in the long run.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
JARVIS being Ultron is acceptable in the long run.

Try telling that to the comic book fanboys that are flipping out.

TheGodKiller
Ant-Man aka Hank Pym. Who also happened to be one of the founding members of the Avengers.

coolmoviezone

Lestov16
Am I the only one who hasn't read any comics, and just enjoys these films on their own merit? How successful (or disastrous) would various superhero films be if they didn't have the comic predecessor to fall back on?

What if Man of Steel was just it's standalone film, with no Superman influence of pop culture. If Man of Steel was just about an alien who came to Earth, and then decided to save it from other aliens who wanted to kill everyone, and fell in love with a news reporter, would it have been enjoyed/despised more?

Same for the recent Marvel franchise. Would they have been more successful or disastrous if they didn't have the iconic Marvel world to fall back on? Same goes for the Nolan Batman trilogy, and even older films such as Fantastic Four, Elektra, Daredevil, and the Raimi Spiderman trilogy.

Robtard
James Spader is Ultron

Too fat

Kazenji
Its only going to be his voice.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
Am I the only one who hasn't read any comics, and just enjoys these films on their own merit? How successful (or disastrous) would various superhero films be if they didn't have the comic predecessor to fall back on?

What if Man of Steel was just it's standalone film, with no Superman influence of pop culture. If Man of Steel was just about an alien who came to Earth, and then decided to save it from other aliens who wanted to kill everyone, and fell in love with a news reporter, would it have been enjoyed/despised more?

Same for the recent Marvel franchise. Would they have been more successful or disastrous if they didn't have the iconic Marvel world to fall back on? Same goes for the Nolan Batman trilogy, and even older films such as Fantastic Four, Elektra, Daredevil, and the Raimi Spiderman trilogy.

I found this, With what your trying to get at

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/IamIronMan/news/?a=87490

i think its okay to change some of it if they're basing it on something existing, As for characters don't change the whole point of the character unless it's for a good reason....as the top comment points out in that link.

ahphabib

the ninjak
Too fat

Personality goes along way.

Impediment
Aaron Johnson aka Kick Ass is Quicksilver.

http://m.aol.com/moviefone/default/article.do?mainLink=news&articleUrl=http://blog.moviefone.com/2013/10/04/aaron-taylor-johnson-quicksilver-avengers-2/

facepalm

BruceSkywalker

http://m.aol.com/moviefone/default/article.do?mainLink=news&articleUrl=http://blog.moviefone.com/2013/10/04/aaron-taylor-johnson-quicksilver-avengers-2/

facepalm

dude can't act...lol

wakkawakkawakka
So....Magneto doesn't get his kids? Wow I know he's not dad of the year but Marvel really much hate him.

the ninjak
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So....Magneto doesn't get his kids? Wow I know he's not dad of the year but Marvel really much hate him.

Mutants belong to FOX unfortunately. Same as Sony having Spidey.

It really is raping our childhood I know...

Kazenji

facepalm

Old news anyway

but better late then never.

tkitna
Probably old news, but looks like Elizabeth Olsen is the Scarlet Witch.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/official-elizabeth-olsen-in-avengers-2-paul-giamatti-in-spider-man-3/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Probably old news, but looks like Elizabeth Olsen is the Scarlet Witch.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/official-elizabeth-olsen-in-avengers-2-paul-giamatti-in-spider-man-3/

she was finally confirmed by Sam Jackson

Impediment
I wonder if Paul Rudd will be in this movie as Pym.

janus77
shit sad looks like Marvel's losing its touch. I can't believe that piece of casting (QS).

BruceSkywalker
I wonder if Paul Rudd will be in this movie as Pym.

if he isn't , you wanna riot?? stick out tongue

Impediment
if he isn't , you wanna riot?? stick out tongue

Hell, yes, we'll riot! F*CK SHIT UP!!!!

headbang

Impediment
Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker has been confirmed for Age of Ultron.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/another-avengers-age-of-ultron-villain-revealed

BruceSkywalker

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/12/20/another-avengers-age-of-ultron-villain-revealed

fair villain, he needs a good actor to help bring him to life...

Hell, yes, we'll riot! F*CK SHIT UP!!!!

headbang

damn straight..

but i can see them introducing scott lang in the second sequel

ares834

From Comments: "Christoph Waltz for Baron Von Strucker."

yes

Firefly218

Not confirmed by Marvel, could be just a rumor

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
Not confirmed by Marvel, could be just a rumor

This.

Kazenji
Set to film in South Africa

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=92469

Firefly218
Black Panther?

IceBreaker2000
This movie is gonna suck. I foresee its failure