Superman vs The Iron Man Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright Superman pre 52 vs Iron Man, War Machine, Guardian, Vindicator & Box(Jefferies) Team has a day of prep. Who wins?

Extremis Armor

Iron Man 2.0" War Machine Armor

DarkSaint85
Woo Team Iron Man could whip some nasty stuff up....does Supes know they've had prep?

Stoic
Tony's team should win. With prep they would be able to exploit the weaknesses that Superman has.

DarkSaint85
It'll have to be limited red sun radiation, however. Or BFR to the Negative Zone or somesuch.

Kryptonite from an alternate universe will not work, as per mod ruling, these guys don't REALLY work with magic, and I doubt they can overpower Superman with sheer strength alone.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It'll have to be limited red sun radiation, however. Or BFR to the Negative Zone or somesuch.

Kryptonite from an alternate universe will not work, as per mod ruling, these guys don't REALLY work with magic, and I doubt they can overpower Superman with sheer strength alone.

What about mechanical energy leeches to bring him down to a more manageable level?

DarkSaint85
Ew. Yeah there's that too!

-Pr-
They'd have to block out the sun, though.

dmills
Originally posted by -Pr-
They'd have to block out the sun, though.

Wouldn't it be more feasible for them to merely block/filter out solar or electromagnetic energy? So one mod for siphoning the energy and another to keep Supes from re-upping his supply.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Wouldn't it be more feasible for them to merely block/filter out solar or electromagnetic energy? So one mod for siphoning the energy and another to keep Supes from re-upping his supply.
He can just use the electrical energy to recharge himself.

Uriel005
Wouldn't it be more feasible for them to merely block/filter out solar or electromagnetic energy? So one mod for siphoning the energy and another to keep Supes from re-upping his supply. Problem I'm seeing with that is that superman can escape and recharge faster than they could probably drain him. Once he sees the threat he'd probably try to finish it quickly.

Out of character he could fry their circuitry with heat vision.

Team could take it but I just don't see it happening.

Stoic
Originally posted by Uriel005
Problem I'm seeing with that is that superman can escape and recharge faster than they could probably drain him. Once he sees the threat he'd probably try to finish it quickly.

That would also depend on how powerful they were wouldn't it?

pym-ftw
Team without weakness exploiting still wins

DarkSaint85
Really? How so?

rotiart

I'd like further clarification on this ruling myself. I really thing it's being misinterpreted. Iirc you are applying the fact that kryptonite for
Example the one from superman primes universe would have no effect on Clark because it was a different radiation wavelength... Saying they can't use kryptonite from another universe is not the same as trying to duplicate Clark's weakness

If the lex from original supermans universe went to marvel for example, with his knowledge what's to stop him from creating the necessary item.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by rotiart
I'd like further clarification on this ruling myself. I really thing it's being misinterpreted. Iirc you are applying the fact that kryptonite for
Example the one from superman primes universe would have no effect on Clark because it was a different radiation wavelength... Saying they can't use kryptonite from another universe is not the same as trying to duplicate Clark's weakness

If the lex from original supermans universe went to marvel for example, with his knowledge what's to stop him from creating the necessary item.

Oh no, I guess I am mixing two different rulings together in a mashup.

So its a combination of basic knowledge, and the fact that Kryptonite from different universes don't work.

So, say, basic knowledge decrees IM knows about Superman and Kryptonite. He creates it. But the mere fact he can create it, doesn't mean that it would work.

However, if Lex or Batman went to Marvel, and told IM how to make the specific K-nite necessary, then yes, it would work - it doesn't magically stop working just because its in a different universe.

Here, IM's team knows Clark is vulnerable to K-nite. But unless Lex or someone tells them how to make it, it won't work. If a Lex from a different DC Earth told them how to make it, it still won't work.

-Pr-

Only Kryptonite from that Kryptionians universe works on that Kryptonian. DC haven't told us why, but it is what it is.

If they could block it entirely, sure. But Superman can recharge in other ways. Not as quickly or as efficiently, but still.

pym-ftw
Really? How so?
Phoenix cannon

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Phoenix cannon
How does that work against superman? Also, tony didn't built it in one day.

pym-ftw
He currently has it, that's like asking batman how many bat-a-rangs he can make in a day.

A beam capable of hurting a cosmic entity, not able to hurt superman?

DarkSaint85
Yah, at first I thought, oh, Pym needs to be there, and he needs more than a day..

But he currently has it lying about.

janus77
Superman. Simply too fast for them to affect, perceive and react to. No matter what weakness exploitation methods they come up with.

The only way they can win is if Tony can hack the time-travel tech into some sort of mobile time stopping device and literally capture Superman in-time.

Also, Superman could freeze the lot of them in one go.

abhilegend
He currently has it, that's like asking batman how many bat-a-rangs he can make in a day.

A beam capable of hurting a cosmic entity, not able to hurt superman?
Ok.

That was specifically designed to hurt phoenix. Xorn did better with a planet-wide EMP and a shiar laser scattered PF too.

dmills
Originally posted by Uriel005
Problem I'm seeing with that is that superman can escape and recharge faster than they could probably drain him. Once he sees the threat he'd probably try to finish it quickly.

Hence why they need to find a way to filter the energy and prevent it from powering him in the first place.

Tony can absorb the heat vision and use it to power up.

abhilegend
Superman fires invisible HV.313

-Pr-

heat vision has concussive force too.

Cogito
Tony fans are really reaching into the "he pulls some bullshit out of his ass but I can't really fully support this argument any more than that" zone. kinda

pym-ftw
I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned Ragnarok

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cogito
Tony fans are really reaching into the "he pulls some bullshit out of his ass but I can't really fully support this argument any more than that" zone. kinda
Pretty much. Should I start listing superman's crazy feats too? The thread would be over in two posts.

dmills

Hmm lets see;

General knowledge. He's powered by the sun, kryptonite is a weakness.

One day of prep, one of Marvel's greatest minds.

Not a Tony fan, but what exactly is anyone pulling out of their ass here? Cause so far most have mentioned plausible methods based upon general knowledge.

-Pr-
Hmm lets see;

Not a Tony fan, but what exactly is anyone pulling out of their ass here? Cause so far most have mentioned plausible methods based upon general knowledge.

Solar battery isn't necessarily common knowledge.

abhilegend
I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned Ragnarok
The same guy whose head hercules bashed in?

Cogito
Let me summarize this thread

Tony fan: He makes Kryptonite
Supes fan: Alternate universe K doesn't work
Tony fan: He leeches his energy
Supes fan: He'd have to block the sun too
Tony fan: He blocks the sun
Supes fan: There are other energy sources too
Tony fan: He pulls out a big gun
Supes fan: That gun had a specific application against a specific being, and didn't really work.
Tony fan: He absorbs Supes HV
Me: facepalm2

btw, not railing on you specifically here, dmills

abhilegend
Hmm lets see;

Kryptonite wouldn't work. Even brainiac 5 hasn't created kryptonite to affect alternate dimension kryptonians.

dmills

If it's not then they're in trouble, because nobody's making kryptonite here.

Let me summarize this thread

Tony fan: He makes Kryptonite
Supes fan: Alternate universe K doesn't work
Tony fan: He leeches his energy
Supes fan: He'd have to block the sun too
Tony fan: He blocks the sun
Supes fan: There are other energy sources too
Tony fan: He pulls out a big gun
Supes fan: That gun had a specific application against a specific being, and didn't really work.
Tony fan: He absorbs Supes HV
Me: facepalm2

btw, not railing on you specifically here, dmills

Lol. Actually you kinda are since I made quite a few of those arguments.

The heat vision thing was a response to them being blasted by heat vision. Iron man has some pretty good absorption feats so that's what I was getting at.

The leeching/Filtering thing was me as well. Not blocking the sun, but making a device that blocks out em radiation so that as he's being leeched he can't easily re-up his power.

Kryptonite and the Phoenix thing. Well, that wasn't me lol. I don't believe for one second that they'd make kryptonite, so I went with the most plausible path to victory. But if the solar powered thing isn't general knowledge then the team is in trouble.

Oh and the speed advantage is nigh insurmountable.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by abhilegend
The same guy whose head hercules bashed in?
It would be a hell of a distraction, or if tony adds Nanites capable of converting solar energy or even just blocking solar energy it very capable of tiring superman

pym-ftw
Deducting that a guy who sundips to heal and get stronger is infact powered by by solar energy isn't out of Tony's wheel house. Granted his best feats are always with other geniuses, but I think he should be able to see a correlation.

-Pr-
Deducting that a guy who sundips to heal and get stronger is infact powered by by solar energy isn't out of Tony's wheel house. Granted his best feats are always with other geniuses, but I think he should be able to see a correlation.

How would Tony know he sundips to heal?

dmills

Lolwut?

Cogito
Lolwut?

abhilegend
It would be a hell of a distraction, or if tony adds Nanites capable of converting solar energy or even just blocking solar energy it very capable of tiring superman
I should've said whom Iron Fist oneshotted. People have tried that, people who know more about superman than superman himself like Emil Hamilton. Result: Superman overloaded the machine trying to drain him.

dmills

laughing out loud
Touche

pym-ftw
How would Tony know he sundips to heal?
YouTube lol

@Cognito

He used nanites against hulk to absorb gamma
Not sure how that's pulling it out of my ass
geek

@Abhi

I'm not saying Ragnarok wins but it can distract superman for atleast a few moments

abhilegend
Touch me EWWW. Gross.
sneer

abhilegend
YouTube lol

@Cognito

He used nanites against hulk to absorb gamma
Not sure how that's pulling it out of my ass
geek

@Abhi

I'm not saying Ragnarok wins but it can distract superman for atleast a few moments
That didn't happen. The nanites were replaced.

Nope.

pym-ftw
He has them though is my point, i guess you could argue that tony in a fit of incompetent, drunkenness didn't test them
shifty

dmills
EWWW. Gross.
sneer

You naughty naughty boy you lol.

He has them though is my point, i guess you could argue that tony in a fit of incompetent, drunkenness didn't test them
shifty

Lol. You're killing me man.

abhilegend
shifty
He tested them on she-hulk. All they did was making hulks unable to transform in their hulk form.

abhilegend
You naughty naughty boy you lol. Inorite.

carver9
Tonys win after a looooooooong fight.

rotiart
He tested them on she-hulk. All they did was making hulks unable to transform in their hulk form.

What? No. The Iron man nanites completely removed the she hulk from Jennifer. She lost all per powers permanently at that point.

rotiart
Only Kryptonite from that Kryptionians universe works on that Kryptonian. DC haven't told us why, but it is what it is.

If they could block it entirely, sure. But Superman can recharge in other ways. Not as quickly or as efficiently, but still.

(auto quote)[/

Let's say Reed Richards got his hands on a chunk of k from supermans realm. Are you saying if he makes an exact duplicate of it it wouldn't be allowed as applicable against Clark?

DarkSaint85
(auto quote)

Nah, I'm pretty sure if he replicates it it will work just fine.

dmills
Inorite.

Lol. Why are you still up man? What time is it over there?

dmills
What? No. The Iron man nanites completely removed the she hulk from Jennifer. She lost all per powers permanently at that point.

Devil's advocate for a sec. According to Manchester Black, supes is pretty damn durable inside as well as outside. Now do the nanites work by invading cells and acting as a physical inhibitor or were they some type of energy disrupting devices?

golem370
Well Tony is not the only one in this fight. Jefferies is there too as is Guardian and Vindicator. Rhodes is there with military training.

Jeffries- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_Jeffries#Powers_and_abilities

carver9
Devil's advocate for a sec. According to Manchester Black, supes is pretty damn durable inside as well as outside. Now do the nanites work by invading cells and acting as a physical inhibitor or were they some type of energy disrupting devices?

WWH is durable in the inside as well and Tony believed that the nanites would work on him.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkinsidesdurable.jpg

-Pr-
(auto quote)

No, that would work.

Originally posted by carver9
WWH is durable in the inside as well and Tony believed that the nanites would work on him.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkinsidesdurable.jpg

Hulk isn't as durable as Superman, though. Piercing Superman's skin would be a lot harder than piercing Hulk's, for instance.

Which is assuming Tony even had nanites that would work in the first place.

DarkSaint85
Yeah, so what do we mean by prep?

Is it:

A: Team Iron get visited by Lex, who hands them a dossier on everything Superman is vulnerable to, every time he has been defeated, all the characteristics of a Kryptonian, who his fav Backstreet Boy is etc etc; or

B: Team Iron get told someone kinda like Gladiator, but with no confidence issues and a weakness to Kryptonite (whatever that is) is coming, here's a day, come up with something.

pym-ftw
Can Madison jefferies hack the bat computer/ make sweet weird love to it?

Blair Wind
Bio-EMP. It worked on every single person and almost every single type of power set imaginable (tech, alien, radiation, god, superman-clone, super serum, mutation, etc).

-Pr-
Yeah, so what do we mean by prep?

Is it:

A: Team Iron get visited by Lex, who hands them a dossier on everything Superman is vulnerable to, every time he has been defeated, all the characteristics of a Kryptonian, who his fav Backstreet Boy is etc etc; or

B: Team Iron get told someone kinda like Gladiator, but with no confidence issues and a weakness to Kryptonite (whatever that is) is coming, here's a day, come up with something.

B.

abhilegend
Due to anger management. They didn't absorb her energies.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Bio-EMP. It worked on every single person and almost every single type of power set imaginable (tech, alien, radiation, god, superman-clone, super serum, mutation, etc).
What did it do?

Blair Wind
It shuts off a person's powers and leaves them crippled in pain.

pym-ftw
Can Madison jefferies hack the bat computer/ make sweet weird love to it?

-Pr-
That wouldn't be possible in these conditions.

pym-ftw
So Superman is in the marvel U for this fight?

-Pr-
So Superman is in the marvel U for this fight?

It's a neutral universe, but the Marvel team have access to their own stuff/tech/resources for this fight.

Blight
I thought they were in a neutral location unless otherwise specified. Meaning neither DC nor Marvel.

Rats, Ninja'd.

abhilegend
It shuts off a person's powers and leaves them crippled in pain.
Who was crippled by it? Superman is pretty hard to take down by EMP.

golem370
Standard equipment for all of the team members plus a day of prep

Blair Wind

Everyone. And it was called a bio-emp by Carol. It's not an actual EMP and the person who described it (before it was used) was not Stark - who was the one who built it. That's just what Carol called it.

It worked on Sentry, Iron Patriot, Ares, Venom, Evil Ms. Marvel, Spiderman, Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, etc. Dark Avengers and a bunch of Avengers were taken out by it.

All we know is that it works and it works on every power set it has encountered.

carver9

Why does it matter when all you are going to say is "they are not on Superman level, so that doesn't count".? It could work on Galactus and you would say this.

Blight
Why does it matter when all you are going to say is "they are not on Superman level, so that doesn't count".? It could work on Galactus and you would say this.
laughing out loud

dmills

laughing out loud

dmills
Everyone. And it was called a bio-emp by Carol. It's not an actual EMP and the person who described it (before it was used) was not Stark - who was the one who built it. That's just what Carol called it.

It worked on Sentry, Iron Patriot, Ares, Venom, Evil Ms. Marvel, Spiderman, Bucky, Ms. Marvel, Luke Cage, etc. Dark Avengers and a bunch of Avengers were taken out by it.

All we know is that it works and it works on every power set it has encountered.

Did Bob stay down? If so that's a pretty good feat considering Bob's adaptive physiology. Also, how the phuck did it take down a symbiote when it has no real "powers" per se? Just natural abilities that are attributes of its biology.

Blair Wind
Did Bob stay down? If so that's a pretty good feat considering Bob's adaptive physiology. Also, how the phuck did it take down a symbiote when it has no real "powers" per se? Just natural abilities that are attributes of its biology.

Yes. He flew in to save the day and was immediately knocked out when his flight left him.

And I don't know. Comic book logic?

JakeTheBank

lol

JakeTheBank
I remember that device being used in a tourney. High Meta, I think?

Any tech capable of shutting down Bob's power set and physiology, which I'd imagine is more complicated and potent than Superman's, is pretty ridiculous.

-Pr-

So close.

dmills
Yes. He flew in to save the day and was immediately knocked out when his flight left him.

And I don't know. Comic book logic?

Nice. Real nice. A day of prep with Box there and they could all have that tech implemented into their respective armours within moments.

Lol. Touche.

Sh3nG L0nG
how does the fight start? does superman try to reason with them first? if he is cocky and tries to tank their most exotic weapons then he might be in trouble, however, if he warns them not to make any moves and uses his super speed he could end the fight before the team can mount any type of offense.

carver9
So close.

To what? And you can't say he doesn't mess with me all the time Pr. He brings my name up when I'm not even there.

-Pr-
To what? And you can't say he doesn't mess with me all the time Pr. He brings my name up when I'm not even there.

Close to being right. Then you made the Galactus comment.

He's the other side of your coin; the ying to your yang. The Two to your Face.

carver9
Close to being right. Then you made the Galactus comment.

He's the other side of your coin; the ying to your yang. The Two to your Face.

Lol...I'm nothing like abhi. I admit when Hulk loses.

-Pr-
Lol...I'm nothing like abhi. I admit when Hulk loses.

Sounds like something he would say.

carver9
Sounds like something he would say.

laughing out loud laughing F.U. Pr. That was a good one...I'm still nothing like him but whatever.

Blight
Has Abhil ever admitted to a superman loss?

I'll admit I've seen Carver admit to a Hulk loss, though I think it was a full moon... and he took it back a few days later...

JakeTheBank
He has, yeah. And I've seen Carver admit to Hulk losing, too. That doesn't change the fact that when they're "in the zone" lol's follow shortly after.

That said, PR nailed it on the head. They're like two sides of the same coin.

The irresistible force and the unmovable object.

carver9
Originally posted by Blight

I'll admit I've seen Carver admit to a Hulk loss, though I think it was a full moon... and he took it back a few days later...

Hahahahahaha... laughing ,

I admit Hulk loses all of the time. I get goose bumps when I do it but I also don't have a problem admitting when he is at a lose. I'm nothing like abhi.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He has, yeah. And I've seen Carver admit to Hulk losing, too. That doesn't change the fact that when they're "in the zone" lol's follow shortly after.

laughing out loud Jake...

You are one of my faves, please don't lose this connection we have (yes, we).

dmills

Not that I can recall. But hell if he doesn't think Supes would lose a particular fight and gives good reasons why, then he's not obligated to say Supes loses just to balance the scales.

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
They've both admitted to when their respective gods lose, if only to maintain some semblance of credibility.

Which is inevitably shattered next post.

Blight

Where has Abhi admitted the loss?

-Pr-

lol gay.

JakeTheBank

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/WWWYKI/WWEInternetChampion.gif

JakeTheBank
Where has Abhi admitted the loss?

Obvious bait/spite threads and other threads. Can't think of any real specific ones, but I've seen him say Superman loses before.

Of course, he's still made some pretty wild claims and arguments on his behalf, especially over the past few months.

Blight
Obvious bait/spite threads and other threads. Can't think of any real specific ones, but I've seen him say Superman loses before.

Of course, he's still made some pretty wild claims and arguments on his behalf, especially over the past few months.

What I really want to know is if he's ever said it in a legitimate thread. That's the thing that confuses me about most fanboys (not just Superman) there's never a legitimate reason for their boy to lose. It's either Spite or they win. Baffles me. And generally when they win it's a stomp. How is there no middle ground!?

JakeTheBank
What I really want to know is if he's ever said it in a legitimate thread. That's the thing that confuses me about most fanboys (not just Superman) there's never a legitimate reason for their boy to lose. It's either Spite or they win. Baffles me. And generally when they win it's a stomp. How is there no middle ground!?

I'm fairly confident he has.

But yeah, fanboys of any stripe is bad. The funny thing about fanboys in general though is that anyone who disagree with them is a hater or if there's a handful of people who disagree with them, all of a sudden the forum is biased against ________ and there's some movement to discredit them....even though in some cases, said fanboy has like half a dozen supporters anyway.

dmills

Damn forealz?

carver9
lol gay.

Lol...why? I can't have faves?

Blight

But yeah, fanboys of any stripe is bad. The funny thing about fanboys in general though is that anyone who disagree with them is a hater or if there's a handful of people who disagree with them, all of a sudden the forum is biased against ________ and there's some movement to discredit them....even though in some cases, said fanboy has like half a dozen supporters anyway.

Yeah, I call them cults stick out tongue

Funny because I love Superman.

Galan007

The irresistible force and the unmovable object. Carver doesn't really bug me though, because you never see him lose his cool. I've never seen him resort to 'toxic debating' (ie. bashing, flaming, trolling, etc.) if someone doesn't agree with him. The same definitely cannot be said about abhil.

I can appreciate the former type of fanboy moreso than the latter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
Carver doesn't really bug me though, because you never see him lose his cool. I've never seen him resort to 'toxic debating' (ie. bashing, flaming, trolling, etc.) if someone doesn't agree with him. The same definitely cannot be said about abhil.

Yeah, Carver can be obstinate, but generally he's a pretty cool guy, eh, debates for Hulk and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blight
Carver doesn't really bug me though, because you never see him lose his cool. I've never seen him resort to 'toxic debating' (ie. bashing, flaming, trolling, etc.) if someone doesn't agree with him. The same definitely cannot be said about abhil.

This. I was trying to think of what set them apart and you hit the nail on the head. Nor does Carver ever get pompous about his posts.

-Pr-

iswydt.

JakeTheBank
Damn forealz?

Yep.

Of course, reasonable moments like the one's he's had are quickly overshadowed by some of the wild claims.

Blight
Yep.

Of course, reasonable moments like the one's he's had are quickly overshadowed by some of the wild claims.

Sometimes in the very thread he states Supes would lose.

dmills

One of the things that I really like about Carver. Always keeps it light. Even when people directly insult him.

The fanboy label can be a tricky thing. On one hand some peeps just know a shyte load about a particular character, and do some good in that regard. Having said that, there are fans of certain characters that when a thread is made with them involved you automatically know that it's doomed from the jump.

carver9
I think all of us should have a group hug.

Blight
SHUT UP!

Galan007
One of the things that I really like about Carver. Always keeps it light.

The fanboy label can be a tricky thing. On one hand some peeps just know a shyte load about a particular character, and do some good in that regard. Having said that, there are fans of certain characters that when a thread is made with them involved you automatically know that it's doomed from the jump. We are all gong to have characters we favor, and are willing to enthusiastically argue for. Imo, what defines a 'fan' from a 'fanboy' is how far you're willing to take your love/obsession of a character. If you stick to what they've done on a consistent basis, it's no big deal, and can't really be argued-- you're simply a genuine fan. If you pick and choose feats to suit your case, even if they contradict the rest of a character's history, then it ventures into the proverbial "Land of Lulz"-- at that point you become a fanboy/troll. IMO.

We've all had our fanboy moments, but most of us outgrew that stage with time.

carver9
SHUT UP!

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
We are all gong to have characters we favor, and are willing to enthusiastically argue for. Imo, what defines a 'fan' from a 'fanboy' is how far you're willing to take your love/obsession of a character. If you stick to what they've done on a consistent basis, it's no big deal, and can't really be argued-- if you pick and choose feats to suit your case, even if they contradict the rest of a character's history, then it ventures into the proverbial "Land of Lulz."

We've all had our fanboy moments, but most of us outgrew that stage with time.

thumb up

I'll be the first to admit that I do argue in favor of Thor a lot. But unless the Godblast is mentioned or asked about in a thread, I never use it as a concrete method of victory or even a viable option in normal circumstances. And he's done it about half a dozen times or so.

Blight
I don't think I've ever really had a fanboy moment. I only remember people shunning me back when team threads existed in the Comic Books Forum and I was blamed for the Avengers closing.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by golem370
Alright Superman pre 52 vs Iron Man, War Machine, Guardian, Vindicator & Box(Jefferies) Team has a day of prep. Who wins?

Extremis Armor

Iron Man 2.0" War Machine Armor

Steel > Iron.

dmills
Hahaha. Well hell by that standard I prolly had the fanboy label slapped on me long ago lol as my sole purpose for joining this forum started out as an attempt to correct the bs I was seeing about Nova lol. Funny how things change because nowadays I don't even participate in 90% of the threads with Nova involved in them.

carver9
Hahaha. Well hell by that standard I prolly had the fanboy label slapped on me long ago lol as my sole purpose for joining this forum started out as an attempt to correct the bs I was seeing about Nova lol. Funny how things change because nowadays I don't even participate in 90% of the threads with Nova involved in them.

Question Mills. Why dont you rank Nova as a high Herald when overall, he has the fts?

dmills
Question Mills. Why dont you rank Nova as a high Herald when overall, he has the fts?

Because he's not lol. The Nova force in its totality is a highest of high herald, possible trans level power. But having a hh level power set isn't tantamount to being a high herald. He has some feats. But I can't sit here and act like he looks eye to eye with the big boys Thor, Supes, Surfer, Hal etc in terms of consistant portrayal. He just doesn't operate at those levels.

JakeTheBank
I've always believed Nova is a mid-herald with a high-herald powerset.

abhilegend

Aww, isn't this Mr. "time was stopped but not really"?

abhilegend
Yep.

Everything I claim is backed by scans and issue numbers. Its not my fault that superman's feats had to make sense for being used in forums.

DarkSaint85
All of you are fanboys.

I hate all comic characters equally.

And for the record, I've seen Abhi say that Superman loses. And despite what you guys may think, he DOES provide scans and issues to back his claims up.

carver9
All of you are fanboys.

And for the record, I've seen Abhi say that Superman loses. And despite what you guys may think, he DOES provide scans and issues to back his claims up.

Lol.

Blight
That darn Abhil. Making superman haters one superman fan at a time big grin

abhilegend
All of you are fanboys.

Don't you know, to not being a superman fanboy you have to accept

1. Surfer beats superman. The most important rule. The more wins you give to surfer, the less fanboyish you are. Also superman is only better in strength. If you claim otherwise, you're a fanboy.

2. Quoting that superman has high feats like Thor or Surfer makes you a fanboy. Thor absorbs a bomb that is going to destroy 1/5th of universe, cool. Orion and Etrigan contribute 2/5th of power to destroy a whole reality, cool. An amped kyle who just got beat by an imperiex probe holds a big bang, cool. Superman contributed evenly in making a big bang among four people. Whaaaaa? You're so totally liek a fanboy!!11
3. No matter how many times superman does a feat if people don't like it, it didn't happen.
4. Thor can totally handle superman's speed with his FTL reflexes. He's also nearly equal in strength, durability and hits harder with mjolnir because he shattered celestial armor!!
5. HV is just another PEW, PEW laser beam.
6. Flash is millions of times faster than superman. He also IMPs and speed steals in every fight.
7. You've to say superman loses at least once in every thread to prove that you're not going in fanboy mode.

These are fundamental rules of "Prevent Super-fanboyism" program here at KMC.

I'm also totally joking, so nobody should take it seriously.

dmills

1. Surfer beats superman. The most important rule. The more wins you give to surfer, the less fanboyish you are. Also superman is only better in strength. If you claim otherwise, you're a fanboy.

2. Quoting that superman has high feats like Thor or Surfer makes you a fanboy. Thor absorbs a bomb that is going to destroy 1/5th of universe, cool. Orion and Etrigan contribute 2/5th of power to destroy a whole reality, cool. An amped kyle who just got beat by an imperiex probe holds a big bang, cool. Superman contributed evenly in making a big bang among four people. Whaaaaa? You're so totally liek a fanboy!!11
3. No matter how many times superman does a feat if people don't like it, it didn't happen.
4. Thor can totally handle superman's speed with his FTL reflexes. He's also nearly equal in strength, durability and hits harder with mjolnir because he shattered celestial armor!!
6. Flash is millions of times faster than superman. He also IMPs and speed steals in every fight.
7. You've to say superman loses at least once in every thread to prove that you're not going in fanboy mode.

laughing out loud

Just keep doing your thing man. Like I told someone else, you're not obligated to say Supes or anyone else loses because of forum consensus or to "balance the scales" so to speak. State your case, be tactful and try to back up your arguments with scans. That's all you can do. If peeps don't like it just look at them like...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

DarkSaint85
Look like a black man? Reported for racism. Just because Abhi is of a dusky hue...

Blight
Look like a black man? Reported for racism. Just because Abhi is of a dusky hue...
laughing out loud

dmills
laughing

celeyhyga17
Yeah u do! Just like me... stick out tongue
I've always believed Nova is a mid-herald with a high-herald powerset.
thumb up

carver9
Because he's not lol. The Nova force in its totality is a highest of high herald, possible trans level power. But having a hh level power set isn't tantamount to being a high herald. He has some feats. But I can't sit here and act like he looks eye to eye with the big boys Thor, Supes, Surfer, Hal etc in terms of consistant portrayal. He just doesn't operate at those levels.

What's missing though.? What's preventing him from being a high Herald? IMO, he has the strength, speed, durability, and power to be a high Herald. Whats missing for him not to be one in your opinion?

JakeTheBank
What's missing though.? What's preventing him from being a high Herald? IMO, he has the strength, speed, durability, and power to be a high Herald. Whats missing for him not to be one in your opinion?

Clear cut victories or stalemates against legitimate High Heralds.

abhilegend

Superman loses then.

abhilegend
I'm a superman fan, not a hulk or surfer fanboy.

dmills
What's missing though.? What's preventing him from being a high Herald? IMO, he has the strength, speed, durability, and power to be a high Herald. Whats missing for him not to be one in your opinion? Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Nibedicus
Carver doesn't really bug me though, because you never see him lose his cool. I've never seen him resort to 'toxic debating' (ie. bashing, flaming, trolling, etc.) if someone doesn't agree with him.

Because he's the poster KMC deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll flame him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our poster. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

carver9

Gotcha...that makes sense.

Batman-Prime

thumb up
laughing

Yeah, put this IronMan team against SS and SS will win. The Problem is, that Superman has a lot of appearances, more then any other Herald, right? He is the greatest top tier hero out there with the best feats, his best feats are just ignored. So keep on fighting the good fight.

janus77
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up
laughing

Yeah, put this IronMan team against SS and SS will win. The Problem is, that Superman has a lot of appearances, more then any other Herald, right? He is the greatest top tier hero out there with the best feats, his best feats are just ignored. So keep on fighting the good fight.
What's SS got to do with this?
Might as well use Thanos as a comparator if you're going to be using people superior to Superman. shifty

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by janus77
What's SS got to do with this?
Might as well use Thanos as a comparator if you're going to be using people superior to Superman. shifty

Because SS is a notch below Supes as a Herald and Thanos a notch above?

-Pr-
Because SS is a notch below Supes as a Herald and Thanos a notch above?

vin

dmills
thumb up
laughing

Apples and Oranges mainly because of options.

golem370
I still wonder if they could use a weapon that emits high intense sound since Superman has super hearing.

ODG
Team. The full day of prep makes this almost academic.

guy222
team

h1a8

Yes he has. The Superman vs. Firelord and Terrax fight. I argued Superman would win, he didn't agree. Or was that Nver?

PillarofOsiris
As soon as they make iron man suits that can travel multiple times the speed of light, you can give the team a mountain of kryptonite and superman still wins. He fell through a red sun and fought prime on a planet of kryptonite and won. weakness exploitation won't be enough for these guys to take down Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.