Vulcan vs Dr Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Straight up fight.

No outside help and No BFR

Who wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
Vulcan's is straight up more powerful but Doom is Doom. I could see him wrecking Doom in a standard shoot out until Victor counters him. He might have a counter from the get go, IIRC he has a mutant inhibitor built in but I wouldn't be surprised if Vulcan countered that somehow. He had insane EP control.

the ninjak
This is a good fight. Vulcan absorbs all energy including magic.

I see Vulcan compromising the armor very quickly. Taking everything Doom gives and pushing it right back at him.

JakeTheBank
What's Vulcan's best mystical/magical energy manipulation feat?

Rage.Of.Olympus
He ****ed up mage Adam Warlock something fierce and he was at least on Doom's level from what I remember in terms of sorcery.

Naija boy
Vulcan

Nihilist
Warlock was merging 2 timelines with his magic

Mindset
Doom punches his other eye out.

leonidas
in a random encounter, doom could be in trouble here. his armor's energy should be pretty easy for vulcan to deal with and cut off. but....doom is rarely dealt with easily and vulcan is not the sharpest of tools....

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What's Vulcan's best mystical/magical energy manipulation feat? Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He ****ed up mage Adam Warlock something fierce and he was at least on Doom's level from what I remember in terms of sorcery.

True. Vulcan laughed Warlock's attempts of a fight off, he even almost forced the Magus out.
Warlock had to escape.

janus77
Vulcan.

pym-ftw
Doom loses

Retcon
Doombot
cool

janus77
Doom with "classic" Surfer's powers would be a better match against Vulcan.

Stoic
Originally posted by janus77
Doom with "classic" Surfer's powers would be a better match against Vulcan.

This may be true, or having that much more power may lead to Vulcan having that much more power to use against him. I forget what the Imperial Guardsmen name was, but Vulcan literally used the guys power to eat him alive from the inside out.

janus77
I think Vulcan wouldn't really be able to do anything to Surfer. The PC is a catch-all term for all sorts of energies and Surfer has the feats to show that he can absorb and amp from them as well as redirect/shut them.

So I'd see Vulcan having a very very tough time trying to keep in the fight, with "classic" Surfer.

That's all assuming that Surfer doesn't just switch off the X-gene or trap him in the board.

Anyway, back on-topic... Doom w/PC would be a good challenge for Vulcan, one that I don't expect him to over come.

Stoic
I think Vulcan wouldn't really be able to do anything to Surfer. The PC is a catch-all term for all sorts of energies and Surfer has the feats to show that he can absorb and amp from them as well as redirect/shut them.

So I'd see Vulcan having a very very tough time trying to keep in the fight, with "classic" Surfer.

That's all assuming that Surfer doesn't just switch off the X-gene or trap him in the board.

Anyway, back on-topic... Doom w/PC would be a good challenge for Vulcan, one that I don't expect him to over come.

The Surfer was easily stripped of his power by the High Evolutionary, so to say that he could not be manipulated is not true. There is a chance that Vulcan may control him far easier than others that he has encountered. If it happened in a comic, I wouldn't be overly surprised.

janus77
The HE's prep and tech is somewhat more impressive than Vulcan, imo.

The reason I don't see Vulcan stripping Surfer of PC is that Surfer is able to absorb more of it constantly and from the "ambient radiation in the universe" (one of the quirks of Sakaar was that it was cut off from the ambient PC).

Vulcan has taken control of staggering energies, it is true, but usually from characters with a definite amount of it who don't constantly replenish it.

Surfer can also match Vulcan for throwing energy - he's done that with many high heralds - too, so I don't see Vulcan returning a PC blast x 10 as being a big problem for Surfer.

Also, there are the exotic approaches that Surfer takes, from time to time, like taking people into the Astral Plane or messing with their minds or their lifeforce ... There are more reasonable ways for Surfer to end Vulcan (and quickly) than there are for Vulcan to win against Surfer, imo.

Anyway, we are off on a tangent, maybe this is a hint that one of us should create a "Surfer vs Vulcan" thread?

Stoic
The HE's prep and tech is somewhat more impressive than Vulcan, imo.

The reason I don't see Vulcan stripping Surfer of PC is that Surfer is able to absorb more of it constantly and from the "ambient radiation in the universe" (one of the quirks of Sakaar was that it was cut off from the ambient PC).

Vulcan has taken control of staggering energies, it is true, but usually from characters with a definite amount of it who don't constantly replenish it.

Surfer can also match Vulcan for throwing energy - he's done that with many high heralds - too, so I don't see Vulcan returning a PC blast x 10 as being a big problem for Surfer.

Also, there are the exotic approaches that Surfer takes, from time to time, like taking people into the Astral Plane or messing with their minds or their lifeforce ... There are more reasonable ways for Surfer to end Vulcan (and quickly) than there are for Vulcan to win against Surfer, imo.

Anyway, we are off on a tangent, maybe this is a hint that one of us should create a "Surfer vs Vulcan" thread?

I'm not sure that Vulcan uses his powers in the ways that you describe, and if he does, it's not the entire scope of how he uses them. He has exhibited the ability to turn an enemies energy inward, as I mentioned with the guy that he turned to ash with his own power. Whether the Surfer used it to blast Vulcan or not, he would still be able to lock onto the energy that is within him, and use it against him.

You could certainly be right, because Vulcan simply doesn't have enough ink time to show what he can do in different battle scenarios. Like I said though, if he beat the Surfer in a comic, I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Philosophía
Bump.

Bentley
I'd give it to Vulcan but he's a huge idiot with his powerset, so Dr. Doom would switch bodies with him and phuck him up.

Magnon
Vulcan is haxx, he wins.

With prep, Doom should win... but in a straight-up fight Vulcan would simply take control over Doom's armor, shields, *and* magic for a swift win.

gauntlet o doom
Does Vulcan have any counters for time manipulation or the Ovoid mind transfer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.