Surfer vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Simple, random encounter out in far distant space.

Current Surfer sans pants but with no limit on how far he can travel from Earth.

Vulcan is pretty much as Vulcan is...

My view:
Surfer monologues him to death.

Alternative view:
Surfer switches off the X-gene for a swift and clean victory.

Stoic
Could go either way. Surfer may switch off the X-gene, or Vulcan may use the PC to destroy the Surfer from the inside out.

janus77
Surfer doesn't really have an "inside" to be burned out. He's fully in control of his molecules and even moreso now that he transfers his consciousness across whole sections of the planet (for fun).

There are different depictions of the PC from the past, some indicate that Surfer is a physical being underneath the chrome others that he is merely an arrangement of matter that can be changed on a whim.

Currently that latter interpretation of Galactus' work seems to be the way Marvel are going.

Surfer also has no examples of ever being burnt up due to PC overload, as far as I can recall. It just isn't something that's ever happened to him.

Also, if Annihilation is any indication, the level of energy necessary to harm him is far beyond Vulcan's ability to cast Surfer's way (the Crunch energies).

Harbinger
Because Vulcan's a pretty suck ass character at regular levels, Norrin stomps.

However, given Vulcan's powerset, I don't see why he couldn't conceivably siphon Surfer's energies from him ala Doom's device.

leonidas
again, as in many similar threads, vulcan's powerset is well equipped to deal with ss--at least a comicbook ss. but ss is vastly more experienced and probably more powerful than anyone vulcan has come across. there is also the issue of speed. i like vulcan, and i think he could make this interesting for a while, but i think he would under-estimate ss in the end and lose. ss could also simply prove to have too much offensive variety for vulcan to ultimately handle. give vulcan more time and experience and it could be different. currently, ss should take him almost everytime imo.

eaebiakuya
If Surfer BLITZ him, as he did against Nova Prime, Vulcan cant win.

Glorificus
Surfer blitzes Vulcan easily. Transmutes him into goo. Turns his X-gene off. Pick any one.

Mindset
SS punches his face off.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
SS punches his face off.

i think i'll just wait for you to post in a thread before i do. makes my decisions a lot easier that way.

mastagambit
Originally posted by Harbinger
Because Vulcan's a pretty suck ass character at regular levels, Norrin stomps.

However, given Vulcan's powerset, I don't see why he couldn't conceivably siphon Surfer's energies from him ala Doom's device.

Bouboumaster
It can go either way:
Surfer smack his face, or kick his ass.

Nibedicus
Board to the head most likely.

celeyhyga17
Surfur wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.