Spiderman vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Spideman's web are as strong as adamantium in this scenario. Who wins?

psycho gundam
yes, using conductive wires against the GOD OF THUNDER is wise

keiththegreat
Re-read the OP. It's not actual adamantium, it's as strong as it though. It's still webbing.

carver9
You should have made a "Spiderman with Wolverine claws and adamantium bones (and berserker rage) vs Thor with no hammer.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yes, using conductive wires against the GOD OF THUNDER is wise

I thought he quit that job and became the God of Fail and Obscurity?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg

Harbinger
Peter gets one shotted.

And gotdammit, that pic will never get old.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
You should have made a "Spiderman with Wolverine claws and adamantium bones (and berserker rage) vs Thor with no hammer.

Irony but your maturing

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Irony but your maturing

Only for you good looking.

Sin I AM
Only for you good looking.

My soul just vomited

Harbinger
laughing out loud

janus77
My soul just vomited
You have a soul? eek!

carver9
My soul just vomited

laughing out loud

Damborgson
My soul just vomited

No one denies Carver. Stop playing hard to get.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by janus77
You have a soul? eek!

Not anymore I just spewed it all over my desktop

carver9

Go ahead and PM them digits so we can start this. You're prolonging the inevitable.

janus77
Well, if you want I'm sure you could take Carver's ... shifty

Sin I AM
Gross

janus77
... You're prolonging the inevitable.
That's a good thing, generally...

Mindset
Spiderman shoots hot sticky web in Thor's mouth and eyes.

iceman24567
Spiderman 6/10

-K-M-
Originally posted by -K-M-
ORLY? cool

1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/WebofSpider-Man105-13-1.jpg
2. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/A_Flight2/WebofSpider-Man105-14-1.jpg

Spider-Man didn't even know it was Thor and the others he was fighting. He thought it was his friends and family thanks to Moondragon.

BWAHAHA.....NOW FIGHT MY CHILDREN!........please sad

Newjak
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I thought he quit that job and became the God of Fail and Obscurity?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/random%20shit/thorface2.jpg At this point I'm pretty sure they are just leading him around as he has no clue who or what he is anymore as he just stares like that.

Spider-Man probably drew a mustache on him at some point.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Spideman's web are as strong as adamantium in this scenario. Who wins?

laughing out loud

Thor.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Thor.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman shoots hot sticky web in Thor's mouth and eyes.

How is Thor defending against this?

JakeTheBank

Probably by killing him or KOing when the bell rings.

StiltmanFTW

He's not. He doesn't want to.

Mindset
Probably by killing him or KOing when the bell rings. Not fast enough.Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's not. He doesn't want to. laughing out loud

Digi

He can dimension hop teleport at will. He can fry Pete's soul with a thought by hitting him with a magic lightning bolt the size of the Empire State Building. He can create a wall of anti-matter that protects him from any attack before commanding Mjolnir to fist**** Spider-Man's ear. There's options.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
He can dimension hop teleport at will. He can fry Pete's soul with a thought by hitting him with a magic lightning bolt the size of the Empire State Building. He can create a wall of anti-matter that protects him from any attack before commanding Mjolnir to fist**** Spider-Man's ear. There's options. Not in character for him to do anything beside get hit with webbing that he thinks he can easily break.

Digi
Not in character for him to do anything beside get hit with webbing that he thinks he can easily break.

Not in character for Pete to kill someone either. We're in a forum fight, yeah?

It's also reasonable to assume he'd at least incapacitate Spider-Man and/or teleport out of the webbing once he realized he couldn't break it. Pete isn't suffocating him before he casts a single lightning bolt.

Because of course anything but brawling and yelling is out of Thor's normal character, but we do know beyond doubt that these powers exist.

Digi
Also...Asgardian. Does he even need to breathe? I honestly forget, but I think the answer is no. He hangs out in space for long periods of time constantly. At best, ignoring exotic powers, Thor is incapacitated and immobile but still able to create a lightning sh*tstorm to take out Spidey. This thread is spite.

Mindset
Not in character for Pete to kill someone either. We're in a forum fight, yeah?

It's also reasonable to assume he'd at least incapacitate Spider-Man and/or teleport out of the webbing once he realized he couldn't break it. Pete isn't suffocating him before he casts a single lightning bolt.

Because of course anything but brawling and yelling is out of Thor's normal character, but we do know beyond doubt that these powers exist. Fine, Pete webs up everything but his mouth.

Then he makes a web bat and beats the shit out of Thor.

Yea, ooc Thor would do that.

Digi
Fine, Pete webs up everything but his mouth.

Then he makes a web bat and beats the shit out of Thor.

Yea, ooc Thor would do that.

It's doubtful a class 15-ish could KO Thor, recent history included, even with an adamantium bat. You or I could hit a metal beam with a diamond bat, but we aren't even going to dent it.

Also doesn't stop a lightning attack - just gives Thor an easy target.

Why are you still trying to figure this out? Thor destroys here.

Mindset
It's doubtful a class 15-ish could KO Thor, recent history included, even with an adamantium bat. You or I could hit a metal beam with a diamond bat, but we aren't even going to dent it.

Also doesn't stop a lightning attack - just gives Thor an easy target.

Why are you still trying to figure this out? Thor destroys here. Speak for yourself, do you even lift, bro? Anyway, Spiderman's fists have phased Class 100's.

Thor can't see him, his eyes are webbed.

Spiderman webs Thor up.

Then makes a web igloo and throws Thor inside.

Then he beats him with a web bat.

Damborgson
well current Thor tries to break the webs with all his strength, tearing them out of the ground, hitting himself in the head. Resulting in a self ko.

Mindset
Originally posted by Damborgson
well current Thor tries to break the webs with all his strength, tearing them out of the ground, hitting himself in the head. Resulting in a self ko. Or that.

Colossus-Big C
Spiderman wins, lol

keiththegreat
Also...Asgardian. Does he even need to breathe? I honestly forget, but I think the answer is no. He hangs out in space for long periods of time constantly. At best, ignoring exotic powers, Thor is incapacitated and immobile but still able to create a lightning sh*tstorm to take out Spidey. This thread is spite.

Sersi had to give him gills once, but he does seem to have no problem in space. He also needed a breathing mask underwater as recently as last year. Wolverine seemed faster than Thor, and Spiderman can avoid many of Thor's attacks. I think he has a good shot if he hits Thor in the face or gets the hammer webbed up.

SamZED
According to AvX Spider-man's durability >>> Thor's.

Mindset
Spiderman shoots a web dagger and cuts Thor's dong off.

StiltmanFTW
^ Current Thor has a pussy, read some comics.

SamZED
You mean is or he actually HAS one?

Mindset
^ Current Thor has a pussy, read some comics. Make me.

celeyhyga17
Spiderman dies
/thread

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
You mean is or he actually HAS one?

Both, he's a pussy literally and figuratively.

Digi
Speak for yourself, do you even lift, bro?

Ah, right. Every now and then I need a reminder why I don't like talking to you.

Mindset
You need a reminder?

Sin I AM
Ah, right. Every now and then I need a reminder why I don't like talking to you.

this

h1a8
Probably by killing him or KOing when the bell rings.

How is that?

Mindship
Bear with me...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/101644/2053972-thorvsspiderman.jpg

Now I'm guessing Masterson Thor is not quite Blake Thor level, and I would imagine that the panel(s) following the last one above shows Masterson Thor neutralizing Spidey. But is it that much of a stretch to see Spider-Man with adamantium-strength webbing getting the better of Blake Thor if this fight was written somewhat like the above? I mean, yeah, Thor would be stronger, but then, strategic superwebbing could keep Blake Thor from striking Mjolnir on the ground.

Basically, Spider-Man could win this the way he wins other fights against far more powerful opponents: by fighting fast and smart (which, I do believe, is generally not Thor's strength).

Overall, I would still likely give the win to Thor, but perhaps after he has Spider-Man's "measure."

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Mindship
Bear with me...

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/101644/2053972-thorvsspiderman.jpg

Now I'm guessing Masterson Thor is not quite Blake Thor level, and I would imagine that the panel(s) following the last one above shows Masterson Thor neutralizing Spidey. But is it that much of a stretch to see Spider-Man with adamantium-strength webbing getting the better of Blake Thor if this fight was written somewhat like the above? I mean, yeah, Thor would be stronger, but then, strategic superwebbing could keep Blake Thor from striking Mjolnir on the ground.

Basically, Spider-Man could win this the way he wins other fights against far more powerful opponents: by fighting fast and smart (which, I do believe, is generally not Thor's strength).

Overall, I would still likely give the win to Thor, but perhaps after he has Spider-Man's "measure."

So to you there's no hint of PIS/CIS at all in that panel? That's almost as bad Spidey physically overpowering Firelord. Masterson Thor is clearly jobbing. confused

Mindship
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So to you there's no hint of PIS/CIS at all in that panel? That's almost as bad Spidey physically overpowering Firelord. Masterson Thor is clearly jobbing. confused If Spider-Man won that fight (and I imagine the next page shows that he clearly does not), I would say, yeah, definitely some PIS/CIS afoot. But offhand, tbh: no it doesn't scream that at me. I see it as Spider-Man doing what he does best until the more powerful guy says enough of this shik.

Mindset
So to you there's no hint of PIS/CIS at all in that panel? That's almost as bad Spidey physically overpowering Firelord. Masterson Thor is clearly jobbing. confused Nothing about that is PIS/CIS.

this Hilarious coming from you.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Mindship
If Spider-Man won that fight (and I imagine the next page shows that he clearly does not), I would say, yeah, definitely some PIS/CIS afoot. But offhand, tbh: no it doesn't scream that at me. I see it as Spider-Man doing what he does best until the more powerful guy says enough of this shik.

embarrasment

That's like Batman kicking Clark in the mid-section causing the wind to get knocked out of him. It's just plain'ol PISsy jobbing...
In a forum setting, there is no chance in hell Spidey beats Thor even with webbing as strong as adamantium..

Mindship
That's like Batman kicking Clark in the mid-section causing the wind to get knocked out of him. It's just plain'ol PISsy jobbing... Didn't he do that to Hulk? Yeah, that made me go wtf, also when he kicked Captain Marvel in 'Public Enemies'.

But no, sorry, I don't see PIS with what Spider-Man was doing to Masterson Thor. "Deranged superball" is a wonderful description of Pete's fighting style; and it's a testament to Masterson Thor's strength that he lasted long enough to think, oh fudge, I better end this.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
How is that?

Try reading some Thor comics.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
Try reading some Thor comics.
I read lots.
I think you need to read some Thor comics if you think Thor can even remotely harm Spidey immediately after the bell rings.

Silent Master
I read lots.
I think you need to read some Thor comics if you think Thor can even remotely harm Spidey immediately after the bell rings.

Minus PIS, why couldn't he?

D-Block
Thor wins

eaebiakuya
Thor isent faster than Spiderman ?

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor wins
Because, compared to Spider-Man, Thor is pretty slow. Spider-Man is just a hell of a lot faster than Thor.

Thor: Odin's beard, thou hast adamantium for webs ! But I shall...

Spider-Man: webs him up in a few seconds. After that, he immediately makes an adamantium bat with his web and starts pummeling Thor with it.

h1a8
Minus PIS, why couldn't he?

Because there is a thing called acceleration. Thor can't start off at light speeds or beyond. He must build up to those speeds which takes time. For example, he has thrown his hammer very fast but after whirling it (building up speed) for some time.
Plus Spidey has dodged lasers (including homing ones) on many occasions by simply moving out of the way the instant before they are fired. He can do the same for Thor as well.

Lastly, even if Thor possessed instant light speed then you must know that Thor doesn't fight this way in comics. CIS is on remember. Otherwise I can say Superman speed blitzes from the get go (which he is more likely to do than Thor hitting Spidey the first instant of battle) and combos to ko.

Plus this is disregarding averages (something you and others use and I don't). Thor isn't always fast in comics. He's usually seen as the speed of a brick the high majority of the time while faster characters (like Spidey, Wolverine, Mongoose, Quicksilver, etc.) have been CONSISTENTLY portrayed to be faster. Actually it is less than 1% of the time Thor acts as fast or faster than Spidey.

So again Thor koing or killing Spidey immediately after the bell means someone doesn't read comics or understand how characters usually act.

Originally posted by eaebiakuya

Not in the first instant. Thor has greater top speed and Spidey has better initial burst speed. But Thor is slower without Mjolnir. Not debatable.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Because, compared to Spider-Man, Thor is pretty slow. Spider-Man is just a hell of a lot faster than Thor.

Spider-Man: webs him up in a few seconds. After that, he immediately makes an adamantium bat with his web and starts pummeling Thor with it.

thumb up

StiltmanFTW

He has a greater travelling speed, but not combat speed.

carver9
Spiderman combat speed is insane. It's hard finding people on panel fighting as fast as him...HARD, and this includes Heralds.

-Pr-
Spiderman combat speed is insane. It's hard finding people on panel fighting as fast as him...HARD, and this includes Heralds.

No.

pym-ftw
Because there is a thing called acceleration. Thor can't start off at light speeds or beyond. He must build up to those speeds which takes time. For example, he has thrown his hammer very fast but after whirling it (building up speed) for some time.
Plus Spidey has dodged lasers (including homing ones) on many occasions by simply moving out of the way the instant before they are fired. He can do the same for Thor as well.

Lastly, even if Thor possessed instant light speed then you must know that Thor doesn't fight this way in comics. CIS is on remember. Otherwise I can say Superman speed blitzes from the get go (which he is more likely to do than Thor hitting Spidey the first instant of battle) and combos to ko.

Plus this is disregarding averages (something you and others use and I don't). Thor isn't always fast in comics. He's usually seen as the speed of a brick the high majority of the time while faster characters (like Spidey, Wolverine, Mongoose, Quicksilver, etc.) have been CONSISTENTLY portrayed to be faster. Actually it is less than 1% of the time Thor acts as fast or faster than Spidey.

So again Thor koing or killing Spidey immediately after the bell means someone doesn't read comics or understand how characters usually act.

Not in the first instant. Thor has greater top speed and Spidey has better initial burst speed. But Thor is slower without Mjolnir. Not debatable.
Thor has flown from earth to the sun in seconds, to get a bomb away from earth. The only reason Thor is portrayed as slow, is most of his rogues gallery, and really most of marvel don't possess much greater than peak human speed.

eaebiakuya
But Thor has reacted to people far faster than Spiderman(Surfer, Hiperion, Gladiator,etc). And he had dodged/catched rockets, bullets and reacted to a Thunder (who is at least 100x faster than sound).

In other hand, Hulk alredy has tagged Spiderman(and Wolverine) with ease (to those who think they are faster than bricks).

I dont think Spiderman have a better reaction time than Thor or any herald or even Hulk.

Remember when Spiderman hold(with the web) the Mjolnir ??? He had no idea about what was happen. In less than 1 second he was outside the Earth.

Thor fly at lightspeed knowing what is happening, tagging people and things.

This comic shows there is no way to someone with Spider-man reaction time fly with mjolnir.

And even if Spider put web in his eyes, Thor only needs to attack with a omnidirecional thunderblast.

BUSTER1

I dont think Spiderman have a better reaction time than Thor or any herald or even Hulk.

laughing laughing

Yeah b'cos Thor and Hulk are renowned for dancing around automatic gunfire like Spiderman regularly does.

pym-ftw
^there both bullet proof

Mindset
Your mom is bulletproof.

pym-ftw
That must be where I inherited my thick skin from

Mindset
Gross.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by BUSTER1
laughing laughing

Yeah b'cos Thor and Hulk are renowned for dancing around automatic gunfire like Spiderman regularly does.

They dont need to do that. But they do things that Spider could never do, like that:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/Thor-FirstThunder4009.jpg

Or that:

Hulk also have some feats of grabing rockets (who are faster than bullets).

Silent Master

Why does Thor need to be light-speed or beyond in order to hit Spider-man?

h1a8
Why does Thor need to be light-speed or beyond in order to hit Spider-man? He doesn't. I never implied this on this thread.
Given both their histories and how they usually fight it is more than fair to say that Thor is not hitting Spidey at the start of the bell for the HIGH majority of the time. And in fact there's more than a 80% chance Spidey gets in some hits before Thor will tag him.

This is would I was addressing, nothing more.

But Thor has reacted to people far faster than Spiderman(Surfer, Hiperion, Gladiator,etc). And he had dodged/catched rockets, bullets and reacted to a Thunder (who is at least 100x faster than sound).

In other hand, Hulk alredy has tagged Spiderman(and Wolverine) with ease (to those who think they are faster than bricks).

Remember when Spiderman hold(with the web) the Mjolnir ??? He had no idea about what was happen. In less than 1 second he was outside the Earth.

Thor fly at lightspeed knowing what is happening, tagging people and things.

This comic shows there is no way to someone with Spider-man reaction time fly with mjolnir.

And even if Spider put web in his eyes, Thor only needs to attack with a omnidirecional thunderblast.

Spidey has dodge bullets, light speed attacks, lightning, etc. on numerous occasions far more consistent to Thor. He has been consistently portrayed as faster than Thor as well. Yes he has been tagged but that doesn't mean he isn't faster. Spidey has faster reactions than any herald, including Superman simply because he has pre-cog. Spidey can react before the attack, while Superman and others after the attack. Now Superman may be faster but reactions don't equal speed.

Thor flies at lightspeed ONLY through space where even a human or peak human can react. For example, imagine traveling to the Sun at light speed. Do you have the reactions to avoid the Sun? Hell yeah you do. I would take you a long 8 minutes to be able to react.

Spidey has dodged homing lasers for crying out loud, and lightning with ease. It's fair to say he's not getting hit by Thor from the start of the bell the HIGH majority of the time.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor has flown from earth to the sun in seconds, to get a bomb away from earth. The only reason Thor is portrayed as slow, is most of his rogues gallery, and really most of marvel don't possess much greater than peak human speed.

That doesn't mean anything:

1. If Thor can fly to sun with constant acceleration in say 10 seconds then he can cover battle distance (with same acceleration) with average speed of hundreds of times slower than light. Remember he speeds up to reach insane speeds, he can't obtain insane speeds within a fraction of a second.

2. Traveling speed=/=combat speed. Simply because the reactions to travel through space is far less than to travel within small distances at the same speeds.
At light speed a mere human has 8 minutes to react if approaching the Sun. But at light speeds from 2 meters away, no human can react. Plus combat speed covers speed in which to maneuver within tight spaces.

pym-ftw
Well he reached it in seconds, thus your post is invalid

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ThorkillsSpidey.jpg

/thread

iceman24567
carver this is just plain wrong.

Silent Master
He doesn't. I never implied this on this thread.
Given both their histories and how they usually fight it is more than fair to say that Thor is not hitting Spidey at the start of the bell for the HIGH majority of the time. And in fact there's more than a 80% chance Spidey gets in some hits before Thor will tag him.

This is would I was addressing, nothing more.

Given both their histories, Spider-man isn't going to do anything life threatening with the webbing, so Thor would still win.

D-Block
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Thor have tagged beings many times faster than spiderman.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor have tagged beings many times faster than spiderman.
And Spider-Man has tagged beings many times faster than Thor...

pym-ftw
^like?

SamZED
Travel speed - Thor. (clearly)
Combat speed - Spider-man. (also clearly)

Mindset
^like? SS

smile

BUSTER1
They dont need to do that. But they do things that Spider could never do, like that:

Or that:

Hulk also have some feats of grabing rockets (who are faster than bullets).

So why, in World War Hulk,didn't Hulk dodge the adamantium fired at him by the army or Strange/Zom's attacks. If his reflexes were on par with Spiderman, he surely would've avoided those attacks, as they could hurt him.

h1a8
Given both their histories, Spider-man isn't going to do anything life threatening with the webbing, so Thor would still win.
I never argued Spidey will win, just against that he will lose at the start of the bell as Jake said. I didn't understand why he said that, especially since characters fight in character and given both their feats.

But maybe
Spidey can win by restraining him for a while. This is a form of bfr.

Silent Master
I never argued Spidey will win, just against that he will lose at the start of the bell as Jake said. I didn't understand why he said that, especially since characters fight in character and given both their feats.

But maybe
Spidey can win by restraining him for a while. This is a form of bfr.

IYO, How many does Spider-man win?

carver9
So why, in World War Hulk,didn't Hulk dodge the adamantium fired at him by the army or Strange/Zom's attacks. If his reflexes were on par with Spiderman, he surely would've avoided those attacks, as they could hurt him.

He was shot in the back WHILE fighting off Strange attempt at mind raping him. When has Spiderman dodged chained guns and machine gun bullets shot st him by an entire army? That ain't happening.

Mindset
He was shot in the back WHILE fighting off Strange attempt at mind raping him. When has Spiderman dodged chained guns and machine gun bullets shot st him by an entire army? That ain't happening. All the time.

abhilegend
Thor isn't faster than spidey. Also thor wins if it isn't Avengers Assemble thor.

carver9
All the time.

No, he really doesn't.

pym-ftw
^Spiderman has dodged machine gun fire, not sure why you object

Mindset
No, he really doesn't. Yes, he really does. erm

h1a8
IYO, How many does Spider-man win?

Depends on if being restrained for 10seconds or x seconds is a win under forum rules.

If being restrained for 10 seconds is a win under forum rules then Spidey wins 7-8/10. But if it is not then Spidey wins none of them (unless we accept that after Spidey restrains Thor then hundreds of consecutive strung hits is sufficient to ko Thor).

Do you believe that hundreds of hits by Spidey at full force can ko Thor?

Silent Master
So you actually think that on average Spider-man will be able to cross 500 meters and wrap Thor in webbing before Thor can even react, just how fast do you think Spider-man is?

BUSTER1
He was shot in the back WHILE fighting off Strange attempt at mind raping him. When has Spiderman dodged chained guns and machine gun bullets shot st him by an entire army? That ain't happening.

Please dont say you're trying to argue that Hulk's reflexes are on par with Spidermans.

h1a8
So you actually think that on average Spider-man will be able to cross 500 meters and wrap Thor in webbing before Thor can even react, just how fast do you think Spider-man is?
No, Thor would either let him come close (his character) or Spidey will inch his way forward until he is about 5-10ft away. Then Spidey will try to web Thor.

IMO we should go by statistics and probability. There is no such thing as he will do this and she will do that ALL the time.

In less than 1 out of 10 Thor would have hit Spidey before Spidey makes it across.
In another 2-3 out of 10 Thor would hit Spidey before he can successfully web him from 5-10ft away.

Silent Master
I see, you want Thor to just stand there until Spider-man gets close and then let himself be webbed up. I wasn't aware that Thor wasn't allowed to use any of his powers, or try to block and/or dodge the webbing.

Mindset
Thor would come charging at Spiderman and get webbed up.

Why would he dodge the webbing, he doesn't know it's been amped?

Silent Master
IOW, Thor would act completely OOC.

Mindset
IOW, Thor would act completely OOC. How is that Thor acting out of character?

Thor would assume Spiderman poses little to no threat to him.

This is exactly how Thor would fight Spiderman in character, he would charge in to melee, like he does almost every time he fights anyone. There's no reason he would even try dodge webbing that he thinks he could easily break.

erm

Silent Master
That is how Thor fights?

Feel free to post examples where Thor charges the enemy, uses no powers and doesn't try to dodge/block any attacks.

eaebiakuya

abhilegend
Spidey speed blitzed masterson thor who had every power of thor.

abhilegend
That is how Thor fights?

Feel free to post examples where Thor charges the enemy, uses no powers and doesn't try to dodge/block any attacks.
Pick any hulk fight.

Silent Master
Originally posted by abhilegend
Pick any hulk fight.

Like the one where he blocked the Hulk's punch with Mjolnir, used Lightning, flooded the area and used BFR.

That doesn't sound like charging the enemy, using no powers or trying to dodge/block any attacks.

eaebiakuya
How this is possible then:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/60545/2242327-2059206_hulkcatchesspiderman.jpg

Hulk had no effort...

Mindset
That is how Thor fights?

Feel free to post examples where Thor charges the enemy, uses no powers and doesn't try to dodge/block any attacks. Are you intentionally being dense are is this just who you are?

Silent Master
Are you intentionally being dense are is this just who you are?

I'm just going by your description of how the battle would go, can you show any fights where Thor acts the way you claim he will?

Mindset
I'm just going by your description of how the battle would go, can you show any fights where Thor acts the way you claim he will? So you're unintentionally dense.

Thor charges in and goes melee with class 100s, he would do the same with Spiderman. Thor dodges, blocks, and uses other powers against people in his class, he would not do the same with Spiderman. Why? Because Spiderman is a street level character that Thor can beat w/o doing any of that.

Thor has just brawled it out with Herc, Wrecking Crew, Namor, and at least once with the Hulk iirc.

Silent Master
Thor has used lightning against both Captain America and Wolverine, so the "he won't use his powers against street level characters" argument isn't going to work

carver9
Please dont say you're trying to argue that Hulk's reflexes are on par with Spidermans.

He's faster.

carver9
^Spiderman has dodged machine gun fire, not sure why you object

Show me Spiderman dodging bullets from numerous of helicopters shooting at him, an entire army squad on the ground shooting and tanks shooting as well. All of this happening simultaneously. Scans please. I have NEVER witnessed Spiderman dodging bullets from an entire army fleet. So again, scans please.

BUSTER1
He's faster.

laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud

laughing out loud what are we laughing for.? confused

-Pr-
He's faster.

soXMCkoWfQo

BUSTER1
laughing out loud what are we laughing for.? confused

B'cos hulk ain't faster than Spiderman. Superhuman reflexes is part of Parker's powerset. This has been established for decades. For Hulk to be considered faster than him, means that Hulk has super reflexes as well.
We all know that when the Thing fights Hulk, he is outmatched by a big margin power wise. Ben still gives Hulk a fight however, with one of the reasons being his faster speed. Does this mean Ben Grimm has faster reflexes than Spiderman??

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
soXMCkoWfQo

laughing out loud ...not savage Hulk but WWH is.

pym-ftw
In sprinting i'd say hulk is faster but spidey has faster reaction time

pym-ftw
B'cos hulk ain't faster than Spiderman. Superhuman reflexes is part of Parker's powerset. This has been established for decades. For Hulk to be considered faster than him, means that Hulk has super reflexes as well.
We all know that when the Thing fights Hulk, he is outmatched by a big margin power wise. Ben still gives Hulk a fight however, with one of the reasons being his faster speed. Does this mean Ben Grimm has faster reflexes than Spiderman??
Ben has a high durability, is a skilled fighter, and he has an insane damage soak, but he is completely out classed including speed by hulk

-Pr-
laughing out loud ...not savage Hulk but WWH is.

No.

Endless Mike
For a rare occasion I agree with carver. Hulk is physically faster than Spider-Man.

Hulk can punch people into space, which means he has to punch them at at least escape velocity (around Mach 33). Spider-Man can't punch that fast.

carver9
No.

Yes, its been proven on panel. His fights against Logan, X23, and Beast is proof of this. Wolverine alone has had good showing against Spiderman via speed and Hulk grabbed Wolverine clean out of the air after a blitz. Then, lets not forget Spiderman showing against X23. Her speed gave her an advantage whereas when she fought Hulk, she got snatched twice by him without having an counter against it. I can't picture Spiderman doing any of them like that.WWH is faster.

@Buster...

When did Ben give WWH trouble?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Endless Mike
For a rare occasion I agree with carver. Hulk is physically faster than Spider-Man.

Hulk can punch people into space, which means he has to punch them at at least escape velocity (around Mach 33). Spider-Man can't punch that fast.

I don't think it's necessarily the same thing.

Yes, its been proven on panel. His fights against Logan, X23, and Beast is proof of this. Wolverine alone has had good showing against Spiderman via speed and Hulk grabbed Wolverine clean out of the air after a blitz. Then, lets not forget Spiderman showing against X23. Her speed gave her an advantage whereas when she fought Hulk, she got snatched twice by him without having an counter against it. I can't picture Spiderman doing any of them like that.WWH is faster.

@Buster...

When did Ben give WWH trouble?

ABC logic = bad carter.

carver9
I don't think it's necessarily the same thing.

ABC logic = bad carver.

I corrected your error for you, seen where you made a mistake.

Uuuummm, I don't need to just post fights, I can easily post Hulk slapping multiple of missiles out of the air during WWH but that would be to easy. TOO EASY.

-Pr-
I corrected your error for you, seen where you made a mistake.

Uuuummm, I don't need to just post fights, I can easily post Hulk slapping multiple of missiles out of the air during WWH but that would be to easy. TOO EASY.

You didn't correct anything, carter.

Swatting missiles doesn't make him faster than Spidey reflex wise. Fast, sure, but not FASTER.

ctsketch
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Actually that has more to do with transfer of momentum than speed. Hulk is much more massive than spidey so he has to punch with less speed/force than someone smaller to get him to move the same after

The Sorrow
If Spidey can web Thor up he won't be able to break out but i'm pretty sure he could still call down thunder on Peter.

Mindset
Thor has used lightning against both Captain America and Wolverine, so the "he won't use his powers against street level characters" argument isn't going to work He used lightning on Wolverine after going hth with him first, probably did the same with Cap, but I don't know what fight you're talking about, so post it.

Silent Master
IIRC, Thor has also used lightning, ground pound and a tornado against Quicksilver in a couple of their fights.

Mindset
Are you going to post the fight or not?

Silent Master
I don't have the scans, it's in the early 200's of the Avengers.

Thor has also used ranged attacks against Storm, how many examples do you need before you admit that him using ranged attacks against Spider-man wouldn't be OOC for Thor?

Mindset
Now you're comparing Storm to Spiderman? All of Storm's attacks are long range.

Between our quick lists of fights, Thor has fought everyone who fights in cqc with melee attacks first, aside from Cap, maybe. And he destroyed the ground against QS because he was too fast for him to be touched.

You didn't even prove your case, why are you trying to act like you won?

ctsketch
Now you're comparing Storm to Spiderman? All of Storm's attacks are long range.

Between our quick lists of fights, Thor has fought everyone who fights in cqc with melee attacks first, aside from Cap, maybe. And he destroyed the ground against QS because he was too fast for him to be touched.

You didn't even prove your case, why are you trying to act like you won?

Isn't that PIS....instead of CIS? them just trying to make the fight look good instead of Thor long range owning short term opponents?

Mindset
Originally posted by ctsketch
Isn't that PIS....instead of CIS? them just trying to make the fight look good instead of Thor long range owning short term opponents? No.

It's in Thor's character to hold back or, at times, fight to the level of his opponents.

Silent Master
I've established that Spider-man being a street level character wont stop Thor from using his powers in the fight, like you claimed on the last page.

Mindset
I've established that Spider-man being a street level character wont stop Thor from using his powers in the fight, like you claimed on the last page. Except that you didn't.

You named 2 street level fighters: Wolverine and Cap.

He fought Wolverine in melee before using powers, and that's because he couldn't put him down. Supposedly he used powers against Cap, but you didn't post any proof.

In any case, I've established that Thor likes to start fights with hth.

Silent Master
Except that you didn't.

You named 2 street level fighters: Wolverine and Cap.

He fought Wolverine in melee before using powers, and that's because he couldn't put him down. Supposedly he used powers against Cap, but you didn't post any proof.

In any case, I've established that Thor likes to start fights with hth.

Cap, Wolverine and Storm's all have street level durability, that didn't stop Thor from using ranged attacks aginst them, therefore Spider-man being a street level character isn't going to stop Thor from using his powers like you claimed.

Mindset
Cap, Wolverine and Storm's all have street level durability, that didn't stop Thor from using ranged attacks aginst them, therefore Spider-man being a street level character isn't going to stop Thor from using his powers like you claimed. Wolverine doesn't have street level durability.

You haven't posted scans for Cap or Storm.

Thor starts most of his fights using hth.

StiltmanFTW
Cap has street level durability? He survived getting blown up by Gambit.

Wolverine is virtually unkillable, Storm has weather powers. Spiderman has nothing.

pym-ftw
^spiderman has superhuman durability and a healing factor

So the only argument for Spiderman winning is Thor running head first into the webbing? Thor wins even if tthe webbing is unbreakable, the ground isn't

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud@ healing factor

JakeTheBank
I'm pretty sure virtually everyone with a super human level of durability has an accelerated healing factor of sorts. Kind of goes with the territory, or it should, anyway.

Silent Master
Cap has street level durability? He survived getting blown up by Gambit.

Wolverine is virtually unkillable, Storm has weather powers. Spiderman has nothing.

Good for Cap, that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have super-human durability.

BTW, Wolverine having a healing factor and Storm having weather powers doesn't stop them from having street level durability

StiltmanFTW
He does.

Not the point.

Silent Master
He does.

Not the point.

It is the point, when Spider-man being a street level character was used as Mindset's reason for Thor not using his powers in the fight...granted he's now trying to change his argument to Thor won't start out using his powers.

h1a8
I see, you want Thor to just stand there until Spider-man gets close and then let himself be webbed up. I wasn't aware that Thor wasn't allowed to use any of his powers, or try to block and/or dodge the webbing.
No spidey can cover the 500m distance in a very short moment. Thor will most likely not engage Spidey in this moment. But you didnt address the other part of my post, the part where Thor attempts to attack Spidey before he gets 10ft away

Silent Master
No spidey can cover the 500m distance in a very short moment. Thor will most likely not engage Spidey in this moment. But you didnt address the other part of my post, the part where Thor attempts to attack Spidey before he gets 10ft away

Define "a very short moment".

Are you saying that Spider-man can cover .62 miles in under a second?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>