Daredevil vs Tigra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Fight in a Training hall
Who wins?

leonidas
i know tigra likely should win based on stats and everything but she has never impressed me at all and i always found her a wasted character. even emotionally and psychologically she has always been weak. unless she has had some great change of character lately i'd take dd 10/10

pym-ftw
When Sebastian Shaw threatened her Students she nearly choked him unconscious

Henry_Pym
Bump for more thoughts

riv6672
Well, Tigra should win just going by stats, but she's never really impressed me and I've always found her a minor threat. Even as a character she's always seemed weak. Unless she's had some great feats and of character development lately i'd take DD10/10. big grin

Bentley
Well...

Tigra should win just going by stats.

She has never really impressed me though, and I've always found her a minor threat... Even as a character she's always seemed... Weak.

Unless she's had some great feats and of caracter development as of late... I'm siding with Daredevil here, let's say 9 out of... No! 10/10.

panthergod
Stats doesn't mean anything. DD has beaten Wolverine, Sabretooth and Venom. DD wins 8/10.

zopzop
Let's see :

a) On the one hand, you have an experienced martial artist with enhanced senses

b) On the other hand, you have a metahuman with CL10 strenght, superhuman agility and reflexes, superhuman senses, enhanced durability and healing, and decades of H2H combat training.

Obviously Daredevil wins.

StiltmanFTW
Mungi clarified that she's only Class 5.

Class 10 is merely the handbook range thing.

DD has superhuman agility, too. Thanks to that enhanced sense of balance. And his suit offers some protection, while Tigra is basically naked.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Mungi clarified that she's only Class 5.

Class 10 is merely the handbook range thing.

DD has superhuman agility, too. Thanks to that enhanced sense of balance. And his suit offers some protection, while Tigra is basically naked.
I seem to recall during her WCA days, that she lifted and chucked a car at a villain. Even if it was a 'lite' car that's still leagues more powerful than Daredevil.

All she has to do is catch one of his limbs and it's all over for him. She'd literally tear him apart if it wasn't for writer armor and you know it.

StiltmanFTW
Stats vs. feats, eh?

Feats always win, because RL logic doesn't apply to comics stick out tongue

Matt has flipped a limo with 3 or more people in it. Has been trained by a telepathic ninja ghost with a radar sense. A radioactive isotope gave him super senses instead of a cancer...

DD has superhuman skill and can read his opponents' movements, no reason he shouldn't take this.

zopzop
Stats vs. feats, eh?

Feats always win, because RL logic doesn't apply to comics stick out tongue

Matt has flipped a limo with 3 or more people in it. Has been trained by a telepathic ninja ghost with a radar sense. A radioactive isotope gave him super senses instead of a cancer...

DD has superhuman skill and can read his opponents' movements, no reason he shouldn't take this.
In a PIS infested comic ripe with writer armor, DD wins. I agree with you there.

In a forum fight, she makes a wish then rips him in half.

StiltmanFTW
It's almost never that simple. Not with the elite MAs like Devil.

Y'see, I want to agree with you, but I can't. There are just too many factors that can't be ignored.

Tigra is basically a glorified Beast.

She wouldn't go for the kill. CIS/CIP - as you said, forum fight.

Comic MAs - at the level Matt's operating at - are pretty much a superpower. Arcane nerve strikes, predicting movements, all that stuff.

Speed. Murdock has many FTB speed feats... yes, after they've been fired... what about Tigra?

What's Tigra's best showing against a skilled opponent? Getting the drop on Jigsaw? Please...

riv6672
Shaw is pretty skilled.
Not sure if that feat's an outlier.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by riv6672
Shaw is pretty skilled.
Not sure if that feat's an outlier.
Amnesiac Shaw that was running the gauntlet... Tigra was the last who faced him and got dealt with anyway.

riv6672
So, outlier.

riv6672
I mean: So, outlier.

Q99

Fur is gonna offer about as much protection as a leather or padded suit.

It's almost never that simple. Not with the elite MAs like Devil.

Y'see, I want to agree with you, but I can't. There are just too many factors that can't be ignored.

Tigra is basically a glorified Beast.

She's more of a fighter than Hank, but yea.

Bentley
Daredevil easily knocked out Gorgon, destroyed Ultron and one-shotted Wolverine.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Q99
Fur is gonna offer about as much protection as a leather or padded suit.

In Guardian Devil, it was revealed that Richards upgraded his classic red suit.

Sure, you can argue that he longer uses Reed's designs, but I always thought of his costume as more than just a cloth.

riv6672
In Guardian Devil, it was revealed that Richards upgraded his classic red suit.

Sure, you can argue that he longer uses Reed's designs, but I always thought of his costume as more than just a cloth.
I never have.
Thats what makes him so bad ass. He does most of the things Batman does, with two sticks and a rope.

StiltmanFTW
It was actually the official explanation from Marvel as to why it doesn't rip to shreds when Matt is doing shit like punching through windshields and stuff...

Of course, it's still inferior to the Batsuit in every way, which does ridiculous stuff.

riv6672
I hear you, but, not really needed.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by panthergod
Stats doesn't mean anything. DD has beaten Wolverine, Sabretooth and Venom. DD wins 8/10.
Other than the Ennis issue DD never beat Wolverine. If you're referring to the Enemy of the State fight, Logan fell on a sword and stopped the fight there due to breaking out of mind control. When DD fought Sabretooth his hits did nothing and IIRC Sbaes left after being bored. And DD has done nothing physically to Venom as far as I recall. So what was this about again?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Bentley Daredevil easily knocked out Gorgon, destroyed Ultron and one-shotted Wolverine.
Talk asbout exxageration

HulkIsHulk
The only Tigra respect thread I could find. Looks like more generic superhuman and I'm too bored to look for more feats
http://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/30ofgz/respect_tigra_marvel_earth_616/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.