Thanos Vs DC Cosmics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteWitchKing
Who wins?

Thanos w/ IG

Vs

Nekron
Infinite Man
Time Trapper
Anti-Monitor (SC)
Mordru
Trigon
King of Tears
Neron

pym-ftw
Thanos easily

zopzop
Thanos with the IG is just too much. He wins.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by zopzop
Thanos with the IG is just too much.
Even after the implications of Hickman's Formspring revelations ?

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Even after the implications of Hickman's Formspring revelations ?
???
You mean the fact that IGs only work in their respective universe? It wouldn't matter, assuming a neutral battlefield were everyones powers work, Thanos with the IG would still win.

Unless you are referring to something else?

TheGodKiller
???
You mean the fact that IGs only work in their respective universe? It wouldn't matter, assuming a neutral battlefield were everyones powers work, Thanos with the IG would still win.

Unless you are referring to something else?
Only that .

TheGodKiller
@WhiteWitchKing :

Is BFR applicable in this scenario ?

WhiteWitchKing
@WhiteWitchKing :

Sure.

Sundipped
@WhiteWitchKing :

Is that how you would prefer Thanos to deal with them?
Thanos wins but I can't see bfr working on this team unless he bounds them first like he did Marvels abstracts.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Sundipped
Is that how you would prefer Thanos to deal with them?
Thanos wins but I can't see bfr working on this team unless he bounds them first like he did Marvels abstracts.
No , that is how I see THEM dealing with Thanos . By BFRing him into a location where the IG becomes non-functional .
Since , based on the on the way Hickman portrayed his IGs combined with the fact that he views alternate reality cosmics as being == to their 616-counterparts , that imo would be the only effective strategy for the team to win .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Sure.
Then team wins 1/10 . Thanos takes the rest .

Stoic
Could he be removed from a neutral universe?

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Stoic
Could he be removed from a neutral universe?

If he was off his game, otherwise he could see their plans before they even think about it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How would bfr even work.. that is just plain silly. Thanos can teleport under his own power.. than when you amp his own teleportation powers backed by the space gem and power gem he has ZERO issue getting back to the battle. Even though, mere gestures beat most of this team if not all.

Sundipped
No , that is how I see THEM dealing with Thanos . By BFRing him into a location where the IG becomes non-functional .
Since , based on the on the way Hickman portrayed his IGs combined with the fact that he views alternate reality cosmics as being == to their 616-counterparts , that imo would be the only effective strategy for the team to win .

1. This is the 616 IG.
2. This battle has a neutral setting.
3. What are the odds the team even tries bfr quickly?
4. Thanos would have no problem getting back to the battlefield.
5. Thanos wins 11/10.

Sundipped
^
Oh yeah,
6. Hickmans a idiot.

JakeTheBank
Why does Hickman get hated on?

His run on F4/FF is one of the best and well written ones yet, which is a feat in itself considering F4 has consistently been good for years on end.

Sundipped
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

His run on F4/FF is one of the best and well written ones yet, which is a feat in itself considering F4 has consistently been good for years on end.

Not because of the FF, but what he says in interviews seems boneheaded at times. It doesn't correlate to what's shown on panel.

Blight

Fantastic Four has always been a book I've wanted to get into but never could pull myself into it enough. If I were to try again where would you suggest I start?

zopzop
^
Oh yeah,
6. Hickmans a idiot.
thumb up

Because he's an idiot? Comparing him to hacks like Bendis and Fraction makes him seem competent but that's like comparing moldy bread to a turd. Sure the moldy bread is less nasty than a turd, but it's still moldy bread.

JakeTheBank
Not because of the FF, but what he says in interviews seems boneheaded at times. It doesn't correlate to what's shown on panel.

Like what?

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Because he's an idiot? Comparing him to hacks like Bendis and Fraction makes him seem competent but that's like comparing moldy bread to a turd. Sure the moldy bread is less nasty than a turd, but it's still moldy bread.

laughing out loud

Is he an idiot because of shit he does concerning power levels and how it effects feats? Because his writing certainly isn't idiotic from a story telling point of view.

Blight

His run on F4/FF is one of the best and well written ones yet, which is a feat in itself considering F4 has consistently been good for years on end. Originally posted by Blight
Fantastic Four has always been a book I've wanted to get into but never could pull myself into it enough. If I were to try again where would you suggest I start?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Blight

I'd start with Mark Waid's run myself, which is my favorite F4 from the modern era. It's been pretty awesome consistently since then.

Honestly, F4's been the best consistent team book from Marvel for years. Certainly better than the convoluted X-books or the Bendis-powered Avengers franchise.

Blight
I'd start with Mark Waid's run myself, which is my favorite F4 from the modern era. It's been pretty awesome consistently since then.

Honestly, F4's been the best consistent team book from Marvel for years. Certainly better than the convoluted X-books or the Bendis-powered Avengers franchise.
Yep. I haven't really been into Marvel mainly because the X-Books bug me and I got tired of Bendis. What volume/issue numbers do Mark Waid's run start and finish (if you know, I can look it up if not).

I like Mark Waid. His run on the Flash was probably my second favorite comic arc next to Peter David's Hulk, so I can see myself digging that.

zopzop
laughing out loud

Is he an idiot because of shit he does concerning power levels and how it effects feats? Because his writing certainly isn't idiotic from a story telling point of view.
It goes beyond power levels/feats (those for the most part are stuff only "VS" type boards care about). I'm talking stories in general.

His "future Franklin" violates Kang's Third Law of Time (which ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE and was/is very well thought out) and is idiotic. By definition, ANY FUTURE SELF is non canon yet he makes it as if "future Franklin" is 100% guaranteed version of 616 Franklin. GTFOoH with that sh|t. thumb down

Blight
Time travel is tricky no matter how you slice it. I thought the Future Franklin story looked interesting.

JakeTheBank
Yep. I haven't really been into Marvel mainly because the X-Books bug me and I got tired of Bendis. What volume/issue numbers do Mark Waid's run start and finish (if you know, I can look it up if not).

I like Mark Waid. His run on the Flash was probably my second favorite comic arc next to Peter David's Hulk, so I can see myself digging that.

Yeah, Mark Waid is one of my favorite writers of all time. His current stuff on Daredevil is killer. And I loved his Flash/GL crossover mini-series, too.

I can't give you the issue numbers off the top of my head, unfortunately. But yeah, Waid's F4 run is awesome. Also had one of the most interesting takes on Doom.

zopzop
Time travel is tricky no matter how you slice it.
No it really isn't.
http://imageshack.us/a/img833/3715/scan0021jf.th.jpg
This law "piggy backed" on stories in Quasar and others and actually made sense! But he sh|t all over it and for what? He's craptacular "future Franklin" storyline? Bad tradeoff.

Sundipped
Like what?

laughing out loudIs he an idiot because of shit he does concerning power levels and how it effects feats?

Exactly. You answered your own question.
His interpretation of what happened to the PF was misleading and had people thinking something that was obviously not true.

JakeTheBank
Exactly. You answered your own question.
His interpretation of what happened to the PF was misleading and had people thinking something that was obviously not true.

I don't think the portrayal of feats and power levels - which inevitably will vary from time to time - should invalidate a good story and a well written one.

His F4/FF stuff has been really great. As has his SHIELD stuff.

Blight
Yeah, Mark Waid is one of my favorite writers of all time. His current stuff on Daredevil is killer. And I loved his Flash/GL crossover mini-series, too.

I can't give you the issue numbers off the top of my head, unfortunately. But yeah, Waid's F4 run is awesome. Also had one of the most interesting takes on Doom.

He certainly is one of the most consistently solid writers out there. I'd say him, Peter David and...... I can't think of anyone else I follow so vehemently, tbh. Grant Morrison is pretty hit/miss for me. I liked Bendis on Ultimate Spidey for quite a while and loved his Daredevil (where would you put his daredevil as opposed to Waid's since I never read Waid's?), but he turned sour fast. I think Rucka is pretty solid, though I hated Whiteout and his Wolverine.

Oh to get back on topic. Thanos wins.

JakeTheBank
He certainly is one of the most consistently solid writers out there. I'd say him, Peter David and...... I can't think of anyone else I follow so vehemently, tbh. Grant Morrison is pretty hit/miss for me. I liked Bendis on Ultimate Spidey for quite a while and loved his Daredevil (where would you put his daredevil as opposed to Waid's since I never read Waid's?), but he turned sour fast. I think Rucka is pretty solid, though I hated Whiteout and his Wolverine.

Oh to get back on topic. Thanos wins.

I'd say Bendis' Daredevil is certainly more darker and edgier than Waid's, who has basically brought Matt back to his swashbuckling days instead of being a brooding and repressed rage filling vigilante. Great change of pace and it feels really natural considering all the shit Matt's been through over the years.

Blight
I'd say Bendis' Daredevil is certainly more darker and edgier than Waid's, who has basically brought Matt back to his swashbuckling days instead of being a brooding and repressed rage filling vigilante. Great change of pace and it feels really natural considering all the shit Matt's been through over the years.

I guess I'll make my stride back into Marvel. So long as I stay clear of Events I'll be okay, yeah?

JakeTheBank
I guess I'll make my stride back into Marvel. So long as I stay clear of Events I'll be okay, yeah?

Generally, yes.

I mean, some titles like Daredevil and F4 will always be worth reading, others sorta depend, and others I've not followed for years on end.

TheGodKiller
1. This is the 616 IG.
2. This battle has a neutral setting.
3. What are the odds the team even tries bfr quickly?
4. Thanos would have no problem getting back to the battlefield.
5. Thanos wins 11/10.
1. So ?
2. I know that .
3. At best 1/10 . Read my response to WhiteWitchKing .
4. If he can do that under his own power , then maybe .
5. Perhaps .

KuRuPT Thanosi
of course he can do it under his own power.. he's done so before.. Then with the PG and Space gem amping his powers already... No problem.

TheGodKiller
^
Oh yeah,
6. Hickmans a idiot.
He's not an idiot , he's just selective about which parts of Marvel's published stories he wants to pick for his books . He was seemingly more familiar with the way the IG was portrayed in the DC cross-over , and apparently ignorant(or chose to ignore for the sake of his plot) of the Ultraverse incident .

Another example : him deciding to align the manner of Celestial-births in SHIELD according to Earth-X , despite the fact that in 616 , Celestials are born from dying galaxies .

TheGodKiller
Like what?
Although Sundipped already answered your question , the real reason is because of what Hickman stated in a CBR interview about the Thor/Phoenix encounter in space .

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
of course he can do it under his own power.. he's done so before.. Then with the PG and Space gem amping his powers already... No problem.
In a setting where the IG becomes non-functional , Thanos will have to rely solely on his own power to come back home .

However , since he can do that , I take back my previous analysis . He wins this thread 10/10 .

TheGodKiller
It goes beyond power levels/feats (those for the most part are stuff only "VS" type boards care about). I'm talking stories in general.

His "future Franklin" violates Kang's Third Law of Time (which ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE and was/is very well thought out) and is idiotic. By definition, ANY FUTURE SELF is non canon yet he makes it as if "future Franklin" is 100% guaranteed version of 616 Franklin. GTFOoH with that sh|t. thumb down
I know that this isn't relevant/reliable at all , but in this wiki entry of the Future Franklin , he's explicitly mentioned as being from Earth-10235 . I wonder if this means that Marvel released off-panel info regarding whether or not Future Franklin and Future Valeria came from that different reality .

Mr Master

I know that this isn't relevant/reliable at all ,
but in this wiki entry of the Future Franklin ,
he's explicitly mentioned as being from

Earth-10235 .

I wonder if this means that Marvel released off-panel info regarding

whether or not Future Franklin and

Future Valeria

came from that different reality .
thumb up ... Wut up GK.

I debated over this for several pages with a couple of others,
and I was confident that Hickman's Future Franklin
was just another possible 616 future-self.

Just like his other five counter-parts that have appeared on panel before.

Heck, two of them bumped into their parents and thought of them as such,
just like Hickman's Franky.

Anyway friends, I had told ya, in Marvel, if you're from the Future or Past,
you come from an alternate universe.

Simple.

Will Hickman's Franklin be the TRUE future-self of current Present 616 Franklin?

Possibly.

But that goes for every other Future Franklin as well.

Simple.

We'll simply never know until that time is reached.

Have a good one friends. smile

TheGodKiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.