DOTNG Infinity Man vs. HOTM Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
No bfr

Fight to the death

Who wins?

Nihilist
Lol IM absolutely shitstomps

celeyhyga17
Spite
Smh
/thread

-Pr-
IM should take it.

Stoic
Originally posted by byrdgang21
No bfr

Fight to the death

Who wins?

What is the general consensus on the Infinity Man? How powerful do people believe that he was? Everything about him screamed bane of the New Gods to me, while being less of a threat to non New Gods like Superman, and his inability to simply one shot him, and the fact that Superman was able to hurt him. This leads me to believe that he could have been operating at the High Herald level for anyone that was not a New God. The Challenge is on to unravel the mystery behind this phenomena.

Again if he was a Tyrant level character, I simply can not see him having as much of a difficult time with Superman as he did have, and the idea of people blurting out things like he was empowered by the Source, is simply not enough evidence to suggest that he was that much more powerful than Superman, if at all. His only options when battling Superman was to contain him within a force cube, so in my eyes he did not win that fight.

Could he simply have been the New Gods silver bullet like Drax is to Thanos (albeit more powerful than Drax)?

I'm not convinced that he could defeat the Hulk at that level of power.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Stoic
What is the general consensus on the Infinity Man? How powerful do people believe that he was? Everything about him screamed bane of the New Gods to me, while being less of a threat to non New Gods like Superman, and his inability to simply one shot him, and the fact that Superman was able to hurt him. This leads me to believe that he could have been operating at the High Herald level for anyone that was not a New God. The Challenge is on to unravel the mystery behind this phenomena.

Again if he was a Tyrant level character, I simply can not see him having as much of a difficult time with Superman as he did have, and the idea of people blurting out things like he was empowered by the Source, is simply not enough evidence to suggest that he was that much more powerful than Superman, if at all. His only options when battling Superman was to contain him within a force cube, so in my eyes he did not win that fight.

Could he simply have been the New Gods silver bullet like Drax is to Thanos (albeit more powerful than Drax)?

Superman never mattered to him. He was never part of the mission.

Golgo13
IM.

the Darkone
IM rips Hulk heart out, DOTNG IM is far above Hulk it's said, IM would rage stomp him.

Zack Fair
facepalm

-Pr-

Superman's plot armour protected him. He's not a good measuring stick in general, tbh.

JakeTheBank
Infinity Man.

carver9
IM wins

iceman24567
IM stomps

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
IM wins

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
IM stomps

carver9

laughing out loud

iceman24567
Glad everybody agrees that IM stomps close the thread

carver9
It's not a stomp but he does win.

iceman24567
It's not a stomp but he does win.
He wins and its a stomp of the stompiest proportions

carver9
He wins after Hulk slaps him around a bit.

I agree.

-Pr-
You two are precious.

iceman24567
He wins and its a stomp of the stompiest proportions
I agree.
I know gamma follower no shame in embracing the truth

iceman24567
Originally posted by -Pr-
You two are precious.
You jealous bro? I have enough love to go around
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/tumblr_lrwk0u3L6D1qe9h7b.gif

-Pr-
You jealous bro? I have enough love to go around
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/tumblr_lrwk0u3L6D1qe9h7b.gif

No.

DarkSaint85
Your denial only serves to make him harder.

Stoic
The Surfer was given a portion of Galactus' power, as was Firelord, Nova, Morg, Terrax, Stardust, and the rest of his heralds, but it is obvious that some of his minions were endowed with more power than others. Was it ever stated as to how much power the Infinity Man was given?

@-Pr-, plot armor is a bad reason, when we see Superman within the same arc battling Orion, and being KO'd in his battle with Kalibak, and Mantis, only to see the two of them killed off panel before Orion arrives. I would give the Infinity Man the win here if not for Superman's good showing against him. Plot armor does not cut it. Not when Superman can take a blast from the Infinity Man, and turn around and blast him back, punch him in the face which clearly did damage, and in order for the Infinity Man to stop Superman momentarily, was that he had to encase him in a force cube. There is very little evidence, to just say that the Infinity Man beats anyone the moment he is placed in a vs thread.

Please review Superman's battle with the Black Racer, Orion, Kalibak, and the Infinity Man. It makes more sense to believe that The Source Entity gave the Infinity Man the power over his creations than to say that he was above Sky Father, or even above Galactus, when he could not simply slap Superman into a coma. Superman was KO'd several times in the arc by less than a Sky Fathers power. Sorry I just can't ignore the showing, nor do I believe that the Infinity Man was simply playing with Superman after he was clearly able to hurt him.

Golgo13
IM.

-Pr-
The Surfer was given a portion of Galactus' power, as was Firelord, Nova, Morg, Terrax, Stardust, and the rest of his heralds, but it is obvious that some of his minions were endowed with more power than others. Was it ever stated as to how much power the Infinity Man was given?

@-Pr-, plot armor is a bad reason, when we see Superman within the same arc battling Orion, and being KO'd in his battle with Kalibak, and Mantis, only to see the two of them killed off panel before Orion arrives. I would give the Infinity Man the win here if not for Superman's good showing against him. Plot armor does not cut it. Not when Superman can take a blast from the Infinity Man, and turn around and blast him back, punch him in the face which clearly did damage, and in order for the Infinity Man to stop Superman momentarily, was that he had to encase him in a force cube. There is very little evidence, to just say that the Infinity Man beats anyone the moment he is placed in a vs thread.

Please review Superman's battle with the Black Racer, Orion, Kalibak, and the Infinity Man. It makes more sense to believe that The Source Entity gave the Infinity Man the power over his creations than to say that he was above Sky Father, or even above Galactus, when he could not simply slap Superman into a coma. Superman was KO'd several times in the arc by less than a Sky Fathers power. Sorry I just can't ignore the showing, nor do I believe that the Infinity Man was simply playing with Superman after he was clearly able to hurt him.

Superman does well against beings he shouldn't. It's how it is. The only difference between someone him and like, say, Wolverine, is that a lot of the time Superman has the power to back it up, which greys the area some.

Kalibak and Mantis got lucky against him, so said the narration. And they didn't knock him out.

Plus, IM has a history of being mighty impressive to boot.

Stoic
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman does well against beings he shouldn't. It's how it is. The only difference between someone him and like, say, Wolverine, is that a lot of the time Superman has the power to back it up, which greys the area some.

Kalibak and Mantis got lucky against him, so said the narration. And they didn't knock him out.

Plus, IM has a history of being mighty impressive to boot.

Well then Superman was an inch from being KO'd by Kalibak and Mantis, which was in the same arc. They also put more damage on Superman than the Infinity Man did, which is also comparable because it was from the same writer. His battle with Orion was no less impressive than his battle with the Infinity Man. Are you going to place Superman on a Sky Father's level, or above because he was not KO'd by the Infinity Man? There is simply not enough on panel evidence to give the Infinity Man such lofty titles. I don't know who would win in this thread, nor do I much care, I've just always been shocked, and surprised at how much weight a character has been given by only going off of off panel evidence. I hope that you can see why I feel this way. Like I said, if the Infinity Man had slapped Superman, and he passed out, I would have no reason to argue this very small point, but now you know why I am. Superman has been KO'd for instance by the Claw of Horus. Are you going to give him and his "Plot Armor" a no limits clause? If so should you think about banning Superman from threads? You know what I mean here -Pr-?

Superman had a very defined power level during the arc. Ignore it if you want to, but it was there, and it was illustrated several times.

IM is mighty, I will not take this away from him, but what was the real nature of the power up? It could have been just a silver bullet power given to him in order to dispatch the New God's, but that does not mean that it extended to every being in the known universe. It's only Superman's showing that has me going wild over this topic.

-Pr-
Well then Superman was an inch from being KO'd by Kalibak and Mantis, which was in the same arc. They also put more damage on Superman than the Infinity Man did, which is also comparable because it was from the same writer. His battle with Orion was no less impressive than his battle with the Infinity Man. Are you going to place Superman on a Sky Father's level, or above because he was not KO'd by the Infinity Man? There is simply not enough on panel evidence to give the Infinity Man such lofty titles. I don't know who would win in this thread, nor do I much care, I've just always been shocked, and surprised at how much weight a character has been given by only going off of off panel evidence. I hoe that you can see why I feel this way. Like I said, if the Infinity Man had slapped Superman, and he passed out, I would have no reason to argue this very small point, but now you know why I am. Superman has been KO'd for instance by the Claw of Horus. Are you going to give him and his "Plot Armor" a no limits clause? If so should you think about banning Superman from threads? You know what I mean here -Pr-?

Superman had a very defined power level during the arc. Ignore it if you want to, but it was there, and it was illustrated several times.

IM is mighty, I will not take this away from him, but what was the real nature of the power up? It could have been just a silver bullet power given to him in order to dispatch the New God's, but that does not mean that it extended to every being in the known universe. It's only Superman's showing that has me going wild over this topic.

I don't think I'm ignoring anything, tbh. And yes, I do know what you mean, but the fact is it's not the same thing.

Your belief that he was a "silver bullet" is in itself extreme speculation, given that your only actual ammunition for it is that Superman, like he often does, stood up to him. Given that IM is at least Darkseid level normally, that's no mean feat even under normal circumstances.

carver9
Uuuuummmm, Superman was knocked out when Kalibak hit him across the face. When he woke up, he woke up to Orion winning. Both Pr and Stoic are making good arguments but Superman was working IM.

-Pr-
Uuuuummmm, Superman was knocked out when Kalibak hit him across the face. When he woke up, he woke up to Orion winning.

No, he didn't.

And we've been through this before.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Nihilist
Lol IM absolutely shitstomps

abhilegend
Hulk destroyed a planet and damaged a moon in his fight, IM destroyed the multiversal source wall in his fight with ALE scott free. I wonder who wins?

the Darkone
IM with his amp will rip Hulk out period, IM was killing New Gods on a whim with ease, HULK doesnt have a chance in hell against a being that is powered by the source.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.