Dead Island: Riptide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
gp6TizgPxmQ

the ninjak
So what, you have to avoid the floods this time?

I hope the story is decent this time.

Kazenji
If only they put the same amount of effort into the games as they do the trailers.

Kazenji
The developers have pretty much called this one Dead Island 1.5.

jinXed by JaNx
don't waste your money. Play the first or better yet, stick with left 4 dead. Those developers care about THIER games :-). This game made me feel like techland didn't care about making a memorable game. All i could see was more of the same...,the EXACT same. it's the call of duty syndrome.

Jmanghan
I'm one of the few people that prefer Dead Island over the Left 4 Dead games.

The Dead Island games look better, play better, and feel more complete.

Different Areas, a full Open World. The weapon mods are fantastic, while unrealistic.

Left 4 Dead also barely has a story if you remember.

And I could never get into Dead Rising due to no ****ing autosave (fire whoever made that choice), and that pointless time constraint. Why give us a full Open World to explore if we can only see some of it in the time alotted? You clearly can't save everyone, due to the damn time constraint... AGAIN!

Though, I will admit it does have the best gameplay.

...And as fun as Dead Rising 3 looks, I'm getting a PS4 first.

Smasandian
I would never compare Left 4 Dead with Dead Island. They are two completely games and genres.

Kazenji
Yeah they're like comparing apples & oranges these two games

Originally posted by Jmanghan

You clearly can't save everyone, due to the damn time constraint... AGAIN!

Oh it is possible to save everyone.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah they're like comparing apples & oranges these two games

Oh it is possible to save everyone. Tried to save everyone, with only barely any time left and then I still have to hunt for ****ing Zombrex. Then have to fight the crazy motorcycle dude (haven't picked the game up in over a year).

Then have to GO BACK to my daughter and give her the Zombrex, all while getting attacked by hundreds of zombies, like wtf, gimme time, assholes.

Then, what a surprise, turn my game off for the first time, its commonplace to accept that autosave is a thing in just about any PS3 game.

Especially one like this, but NOPE! (Of course its my own fault, but no one could've thought the time constraints and no auto-saving was a good idea).

Jmanghan
You can compare two different genre's.

For example, I like Oranges better then Apples.

I like Grapes better then Oranges.

I like Cherries better then Grapes.

Just as well.

I like Dead Island better then Left 4 Dead, its the game I'd rather pick up, over either L4D 1 or 2.

I like Dead Rising to an extent, but because of all the things holding it back, possibly to make the game more "challenging".

Forcing someone to stop exploring your unique and zombie-infested world, filled with hundreds of awesome and unique weapons, all because of a stupid time constraint, that isn't fun.

Dying and then forgetting to save your game, with barely any checkpoints (if there is any, like I said, haven't played in a long time), isn't fun. It makes someone like me lose interest in the game.

Dead Island has a unique setting, the Zombies look detailed and creepy, the weapon mods are awesome, no time constraint, a community that's still going strong to this day, rewarding side-quests, cars and trucks for even more epic fun. Fast travel, the bloodbath arena, and not to mention the Ryder White Campaign is pretty good compared to the bland story of the main game. A HUGE open-world, with multiple settings.

Kazenji
Tried to save everyone, with only barely any time left and then I still have to hunt for ****ing Zombrex. Then have to fight the crazy motorcycle dude (haven't picked the game up in over a year).

Then have to GO BACK to my daughter and give her the Zombrex, all while getting attacked by hundreds of zombies, like wtf, gimme time, assholes.

Then, what a surprise, turn my game off for the first time, its commonplace to accept that autosave is a thing in just about any PS3 game.

Especially one like this, but NOPE! (Of course its my own fault, but no one could've thought the time constraints and no auto-saving was a good idea).

Manage your time better

as for saving everyone the game have achievement for saving everyone, So yeah its not Impossible

You can compare two different genre's.

For example, I like Oranges better then Apples.

I like Grapes better then Oranges.

I like Cherries better then Grapes.

Just as well.

I like Dead Island better then Left 4 Dead, its the game I'd rather pick up, over either L4D 1 or 2.

I like Dead Rising to an extent, but because of all the things holding it back, possibly to make the game more "challenging".

Forcing someone to stop exploring your unique and zombie-infested world, filled with hundreds of awesome and unique weapons, all because of a stupid time constraint, that isn't fun.

Dying and then forgetting to save your game, with barely any checkpoints (if there is any, like I said, haven't played in a long time), isn't fun. It makes someone like me lose interest in the game.

Dead Island has a unique setting, the Zombies look detailed and creepy, the weapon mods are awesome, no time constraint, a community that's still going strong to this day, rewarding side-quests, cars and trucks for even more epic fun. Fast travel, the bloodbath arena, and not to mention the Ryder White Campaign is pretty good compared to the bland story of the main game. A HUGE open-world, with multiple settings.

Unfortunately you can't compare these two games (L4D & Dead Island).

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kazenji
Manage your time better

as for saving everyone the game have achievement for saving everyone, So yeah its not Impossible

Unfortunately you can't compare these two games (L4D & Dead Island).

Yes, I can. I had more fun with Dead Island.

I can compare a fighting gamd to an FPS if I look, what's so blasphemous about it?

Is it just because they're different?

I like Grapes more then I like Chocolate, no one feels uncomfortable with that comparison.

It's odd how anyone would think you can't compare a certain game because one's a different genre then the other.

They're both zombie games, they just tackle the zombie scenario in different ways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.