Pain and Gain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The next movie from Michael Bay

starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Tony Shalhoub, Bar Paly, Rebel Wilson, Ken Jeong and Yolanthe Cabau.

Based on a true story, Pain and Gain follows a group of bodybuilders who engaged in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion and murder in Florida. The story was first told in an article from the Miami New Times

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/6183/painandgainpostersmall.jpg

Kazenji
rnNyyU9FK9g

Mindship
I heard a bulked-up Will Ferrell has a cameo...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Jay_Cutler_bodybuilder_2008-crop.jpg/220px-Jay_Cutler_bodybuilder_2008-crop.jpg

-Pr-
Most homoerotic movie since Top Gun.

I'll watch it.

rudester
8ooow!

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by -Pr-
Most homoerotic movie since Top Gun.

I'll watch it.

Just becos grown up men have cute nick-names for each other doesn't make it homo....ohnevermind! roll eyes (sarcastic)

marwash22
looks terrible.

Ascendancy
My mesh tank top and I will be front row, center.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ascendancy
My mesh tank top and I will be front row, center.

Oops I spilled popcorn...over your rippling pecs.

Let me jus lick the hot butter off. wink

Tzeentch._
gettin mighty ghey in here

BruceSkywalker
two steroid users.. this will undoubtedly spark the 'roid rage debate.. lol

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Oops I spilled popcorn...over your rippling pecs.

Let me jus lick the hot butter off. wink

No homo, but that's cool. Wouldn't want to have to stay all messy.

KingD19
And I'm gonna film this...for posterity.

Robtard
Doesn't look very good at all.

roughrider
I'm actually curious, if only because it's a smaller scale film for Bay (his choice) and to see how he does comedy.

Impediment
This looks absolutely atrocious.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
I'm actually curious, if only because it's a smaller scale film for Bay (his choice) and to see how he does comedy.

don't worry there will be a car explosion or two big grin

Lestov16
Originally posted by roughrider
see how he does comedy.

His comic relief in The Rock, Bad Boys, and Transformers films was utter shit. And now he's gonna have a whole film of it? Dear God.... messed

Nephthys
So this is a comedy about the true story of 3 people who kidnapped, tortured and murdered several people. While the victims families are still alive.

no expression

Wow, you know Bay has always been jokingly offensive but I think this time he may have crossed the line into actually being a ****ing bastard.

Ascendancy
Guess this kind of died. Saw it tonight.

It was enjoyable enough. Bay kind of makes fun of his own over the top style quite a bit. Bit of controversy about the film, but I promise you won't feel sorry for any of the main characters. Pretty good job of showing how dumb and how twisted they were. Have to agree with reviews that say the changing around of the narration was a little strange at times and feels like it could have been done better.

I'd give it a 7/10. A little longer than it needed to be, but I don't think Bay likes clocking in at anything under two hours.

Kazenji
So its a good Bay movie.

Ascendancy
Guess you could put it that way.

the ninjak
I'm really locking forward to this.

It looks like a dumb man's Fear and Loathing. Which can only be be good in its own way.

Ascendancy
Again, definitely watchable, and although a little longer than it needed to be I felt that I got my money's worth.

Kazenji
^ Pretty much agree about your review on page 1

Originally posted by Nephthys
So this is a comedy about the true story of 3 people who kidnapped, tortured and murdered several people. While the victims families are still alive.

Maybe the whole comedy side of things is how the 3 people involved saw it as.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.