Wonder Woman vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Wonder Woman

vs

Captain America
US Agent
Spiderman
Heimdall
Balder (Current)
The Warriors Three

Characters get all their standard gear. WW is pre reboot. No BFR.

Batman-Prime
In a Forum fight Diana, in a comic the Team.

PillarofOsiris
I hope this thread was meant as a joke. I have no clue how anyone could think these guys could beat Wonder Woman.

bluewaterrider
Actually, if it's Perez Diana (mid to late 1980s), or Messner-Loebs Diana (early 1990s), I can see why someone would come up with this thread.

Truthfully, I could see the team taking it more often than not, forum fight or no, perhaps even easily, if the poster is forming his opinion of Wonder Woman from THAT time period.

mastagambit
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
In a Forum fight Diana, in a comic the Team.

I kinda agree to this.In a comic no way Diana is beating Cap and US Agent among others.

PillarofOsiris
No one here is even close to her speed... I mean NOT EVEN CLOSE. She took a sustained beating from an enraged Superman. Do you honestly think any of these guys are lasting more than one second (at best) against an enraged Superman? There's no one on that team Superman (even non-enraged) couldn't one shot KILL. Hell, Diana could physically rip anyone on that team in half. I have no clue where people are coming from on this thread. Superman could stand in the middle of this team for as long as he wanted and they could just pound on him and they'd hurt themselves more than they'd hurt him. Diana's punches can actually hurt Superman. This team dies a horrible death.

JakeTheBank
Pretty sure if Superman stood still and let the team attack him, he'd regret his decision after a few slashes from the enchanted weaponry of Balder, the Warriors Three, and Heimdall which they all get per OP (and general forum rules).

So yes, the team can actually harm Diana - quite grievously - provided they land a flush strike (which is unlikely). That's not debatable at all, really.

Q99
Originally posted by mastagambit
I kinda agree to this.In a comic no way Diana is beating Cap and US Agent among others.

Eh, in a comic she'd still way outmatch them, it's just Capt'd be able to strike a truce, or they'd come up with a clever way to get to their true objective, or what have you.

PillarofOsiris
Here we go with the magic "weakness" again with Superman. I love how people think anything magical is going to hurt Superman. There are instances of magical weapons hurting Superman, and there are also instances of magical weapons that don't do ANYTHING to him. For instance a magical daggar had zero effect on him, while one that was enchanted to specially slash anything did cut him. (of course that would have cut Thor or the Silver Surfer too). And he healed quite nicely afterwards. And yes, Diana's tiara has cut him, but again it would have probably cut Thor's head off.

It's sad how little people understand how that actually works. But that comes from not actually reading Superman comics and going by the internet myth that magic is a weakness of Superman's that turns into automatically hurting/beating him. He's simply not INVULERNABLE to it like he is to everything else. It's like saying Wolverine cuts Superman because his claws are adamantium. You still need the strength to be able to cut Superman (which Wolverine doesn't have). A magic sword, in and of itself won't do it. You still need the physical strength. Superman's pinky finger is stronger than Balder's entire body.

He's survived more powerful magic than the magic that has one shotted Thor in the past and been completely fine. Thor has been one shotted by herald level magical lightning (Twice that I'm aware of). While Superman tanked magic lightning from skyfathers and still was standing.

Also, is Balder's sword even magically enchanted? Is there a scan that states that? I'm not saying there isn't one, but if there is I'd like to see it. I think maybe I've seen that Heimdall has one that is magically enchanted, but I'm not sure.

And it's sad people don't realize Diana would literally rip Balder in half before he could even raise his arm to go for a strike against Diana. This team has ZERO chance at a win here. It's debatable whether they even land a blow that even staggers her before they all die. She is so fast they won't see her coming before their throats are cut from her tiara, they are caught in her lasso, or their brains are beaten in from her fists. Or she one shots the team with a godwave all at once.

Damborgson
On average magic laced or enchanted weapons can hurt Supes though right? I mean I don't think anyone here is arguing that magic is the true ace in the hole against him, but at the same time I don't think it's arguable that he can take it just as well as his peers.

keiththegreat
Aren't Asgardians like 10 times as strong as humans (besides Thor obviously)? Or is that just from the handbook?

keiththegreat
What if we add Thing and Wolverine to the team?

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Damborgson
On average magic laced or enchanted weapons can hurt Supes though right? I mean I don't think anyone here is arguing that magic is the true ace in the hole against him, but at the same time I don't think it's arguable that he can take it just as well as his peers.

Yes, they can hurt him. But again, he's just not INVULERNABLE to magic. It's not a weakness like kryptonite. Thor isn't invulernable to magic either. Neither is the Silver Surfer. Neither is the Sentry. Superboy Prime is invulernable to magic. That's the difference.

And yeah, Thor being one shot KO'ed by magic lightning, while Superman hasn't is a better showing, although I'll admit Thor has also tanked magic lightning, and he's been KO'ed by it in other instances (just like Superman). It all depends on the writer.

PillarofOsiris
I'm not going to bother to find scans right now (it's 1am here), but go near the end of the Superman respect thread and check out scans from abhi and biensalsa that show Superman taking some intensely powerful magic and it barely even hurting him. And like I said, there are counter examples, like all comics contradiction abound. But there are a TON of examples of Superman doing BETTER than guys like Thor (just using him as a well known example, nothing against Thor) against magical weapons and attacks. I've seen Thor magically transmuted and I've seen Superman RESIST magical transmutation as an example.

keiththegreat
Let's stay on topic here, guys, please. This isn't a Superman vs magic debate thread.

JakeTheBank
Vast majority of Superman's history shows him being adversely effected by magic and when compared to his relative invulnerability, it is a notable "chink in his armor" so to speak. That can't really be ignored or waived off. And yes, I'm aware he does have good showings against magic (just like he has good showings against Kryptonite and Red Solar radiation).

And yes, if he stood still and let the team attack him, five repeated slashes from enchanted weaponry (yes, they are all enchanted and have been shown and stated as such on panel) would hurt him. I honestly don't know how you could disagree unless you basically toss out everything but his high end feats to justify it. If Diana's weapons can cut him, there's no reason to assume the Asgardian weapons can't.

And as far as Diana herself is concerned, she has even less of a chance "tanking" those weapons due to her ridiculous and backwards ass durability concerning piercing/slashing damage.

In any case, my initial post was in response to the idea that Superman could indefinitely take no damage from this team (which is false). And yes, Diana's overwhelming physical advantages makes this match heavily in her favor, but she's not beyond the team's means to hurt, either.

Naija boy
Wonder Woman easily

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

it's sad people don't realize Diana would literally rip Balder in half before he could even raise his arm to go for a strike against Diana. This team has ZERO chance at a win here. It's debatable whether they even land a blow that even staggers her before they all die. She is so fast they won't see her coming before their throats are cut from her tiara, they are caught in her lasso, or their brains are beaten in from her fists. Or she one shots the team with a godwave all at once.

Maybe I missed something, but, aren't people supposed to be in character when they fight, even in forum matches?

The only character I've ever seen Diana take THAT extreme an approach against was Amazo.

She's not a killer, she is seldom, if ever, the first to make an attack, she is rarely a speedster. Also, the godwave doesn't work like that, unless you have some other technique in mind and are just using the wrong name. The godwave is actually the Greek Pantheon channeling the source that powers THEM into Diana herself. Right now, I remember only one instance where this occurred. It was a self-empowering technique Diana received through prayer that made her many times stronger and tougher, not an attack like Thor's godblast to lay people low.

The character of Diana wouldn't allow power on that scale to be used against the average opponent, let alone the other lethal techniques you mentioned.
In fact, in character, Diana would likely allow the team to give her reasonable resistance, depending on how much aggression the sword handlers displayed, at least.

On the other hand, I could definitely see her bow-tying a couple thick steel girders around these people if she wanted to subdue them rather gently and quietly.
THAT would be something easily within her power yet not in violation of Diana's character that she might use if she decided to blitz the team for a win. This other stuff you mention? Not so much.

Diana for the win, though.

ODG
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Vast majority of Superman's history shows him being adversely effected by magic and when compared to his relative invulnerability, it is a notable "chink in his armor" so to speak. That can't really be ignored or waived off. And yes, I'm aware he does have good showings against magic (just like he has good showings against Kryptonite and Red Solar radiation).

And yes, if he stood still and let the team attack him, five repeated slashes from enchanted weaponry (yes, they are all enchanted and have been shown and stated as such on panel) would hurt him. I honestly don't know how you could disagree unless you basically toss out everything but his high end feats to justify it. If Diana's weapons can cut him, there's no reason to assume the Asgardian weapons can't.

And as far as Diana herself is concerned, she has even less of a chance "tanking" those weapons due to her ridiculous and backwards ass durability concerning piercing/slashing damage.

In any case, my initial post was in response to the idea that Superman could indefinitely take no damage from this team (which is false). And yes, Diana's overwhelming physical advantages makes this match heavily in her favor, but she's not beyond the team's means to hurt, either. Superman has consistently been shown to suffer greatly against the effects of magic in almost all permutations. You could probably find dozens, if not a hundred, instances proving as such. So I approve. thumb up

Also reported for racism. So I approve even more. thumb up thumb up

abhilegend
Superman has dozens of examples faring better than people who don't have any magical weakness against magic.

Konton
Diana smiles at the chance to have a good fight, and then easily dispatches each team member as they approach her using nothing but her bracers, fists, and a few gentle kicks. She might get annoyed with Spidey for a second but she tags him abyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.