All-Star Superman Vs Current Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ass_zps8bc30a03.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/79830/2583913-thor_zone__015_large.jpg

JakeTheBank
All Star Superman isn't even on the same level as pre-Flashpoint Kal (who would beat ASS), who's a good match for Thor (your mileage may vary).

Thor should win.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
All Star Superman isn't even on the same level as pre-Flashpoint Kal (who would beat ASS, who's a good match for Thor (your mileage may vary).

Thor should win. ASS is far far stronger than thor

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
ASS is far far stronger than thor

I doubt it, as Mainstream Superman has better feats in general than ASS does, and he's a peer to Thor (albeit being stronger than he is).

pym-ftw
Lol ass, I read it wrong the first time

Thor punks him hard

-Pr-
Thor.

Starscream M
I doubt it, as Mainstream Superman has better feats in general than ASS does, and he's a peer to Thor (albeit being stronger than he is). ASS lifted 200 quintillion tons iirc...that's magnitudes greater than thor's capable of

-Pr-
ASS lifted 200 quintillion tons iirc...that's magnitudes greater than thor's capable of

Not really.

JakeTheBank
ASS lifted 200 quintillion tons iirc...that's magnitudes greater than thor's capable of

Originally posted by -Pr-
Not really.

Golgo13

With one arm, right?

pym-ftw
Thor lifted the nine realms

abhilegend
All star superman wins. Thor isn't pressing 200 quintillion tons with one hand nonchalantly which is later stated to NOT being his limit at all.

JakeTheBank
He doesn't have to in order to brain him with Mjolnir.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ass_zps8bc30a03.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/79830/2583913-thor_zone__015_large.jpg

LoL "Help me"

Current Thor at his very best

Starscream M
He doesn't have to in order to brain him with Mjolnir. jake, tell me the most amount of weight (I want a number) that thor has lifted

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor lifted the nine realms
Not applicable.

abhilegend
He doesn't have to in order to brain him with Mjolnir.
Before or after superman knocks him out?

JakeTheBank
jake, tell me the most amount of weight (I want a number) that thor has lifted

Good luck finding how much the Midgard Serpent weighed in addition to how much pressure it was exerting before Thor hoisted it away. Or you can attempt to find out how much force he generated while arm wrestling Hercules. Even better luck trying to figure out how much the Nine Realms "weighed".

Thor's best strength feats don't have clear numbers attributed to them, but they're still impressive. Coupled with his feats of directly matching beings such as Hercules and Savage Hulk, it's pretty clear to see where his strength lies.

pym-ftw
Yddrasil and jormundr aren't applicable? Thor doesn't have tactile TK, so its obviously going to be less than AS superman

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
Before or after superman knocks him out?

Well, since neither is happening, this question is non applicable.

Starscream M
Good luck finding how much the Midgard Serpent weighed in addition to how much pressure it was exerting before Thor hoisted it away. Or you can attempt to find out how much force he generated while arm wrestling Hercules. Even better luck trying to figure out how much the Nine Realms "weighed".

Thor's best strength feats don't have clear numbers attributed to them, but they're still impressive. Coupled with his feats of directly matching beings such as Hercules and Savage Hulk, it's pretty clear to see where his strength lies. savage hulk's strength is about a few billion tons...which is where I'd put thor, do you agree?

JakeTheBank
savage hulk's strength is about a few billion tons...which is where I'd put thor, do you agree?

Depends. Hulk, naturally, is one of the most difficult characters to slap a "cap" on when it comes to strength.

Sh3nG L0nG
Let's be serious here, ASS maybe "featless" but in a forum fight we have to go by what the writer intended him to be, a sundipped to the max superman that has no weaknesses and is over saturated with power.

Golgo13
How was ASS speed feats? If he uses them, Thor is done for.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Sh3nG L0nG
Let's be serious here, ASS maybe "featless" but in a forum fight we have to go by what the writer intended him to be, a sundipped to the max superman that has no weaknesses and is over saturated with power.

He's not featless at all.

Mainstream Superman is still superior to ASS, who would have his hands full with Thor.

JakeTheBank
How was ASS speed feats? If he uses them, Thor is done for.

Just like everyone else with speed feats that Thor's beaten?

Golgo13
^^ Yeah, but DC>>>>>Marvel in speed.

JakeTheBank
^^ Yeah, but DC>>>>>Marvel in speed.

And that hasn't stopped people like Doomsday or Shaggy Man or Solomon Grundy from fighting and doing well against that level of speed.

Golgo13
And that hasn't stopped people like Doomsday or Shaggy Man or Solomon Grundy from fighting and doing well against that level of speed.

Haven't you heard? Everyone in DC can go at least below the speed of light. laughing out loud

abhilegend
Yddrasil and jormundr aren't applicable? Thor doesn't have tactile TK, so its obviously going to be less than AS superman That's not how it works. ASS didn't have TTK too.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, since neither is happening, this question is non applicable. Why is that? Superman nearly killed solaris who just killed a sun-eater at his weakest.

Starscream M
Depends. Hulk, naturally, is one of the most difficult characters to slap a "cap" on when it comes to strength. can we agree thor can't lift more than a trillion tons at least?

JakeTheBank
Why is that? Superman nearly killed solaris who just killed a sun-eater at his weakest.

See Thor's entire history. The events of All Star Superman don't match or trump that.

Golgo13
can we agree thor can't lift more than a trillion tons at least?

Especially with one arm.

JakeTheBank
^ ASS can't and/or hasn't done a lot of the stuff Thor can, either.

abhilegend
Just like everyone else with speed feats that Thor's beaten? Not this again.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
See Thor's entire history. The events of All Star Superman don't match or trump that.
Thor doesn't win when I look at his history.

abhilegend
^ ASS can't and/or hasn't done a lot of the stuff Thor can, either.
ASS hasn't appeared in a gazillion issues.

pym-ftw
Even if physically Thor is below him, what about his enormous versatility advantage?

JakeTheBank
Not this again.
Thor doesn't win when I look at his history.

I'd suggest looking again.

JakeTheBank
ASS hasn't appeared in a gazillion issues.

Neither has Thor.

Even barring the excuse that Thor would have some kind of unfair advantage due to appearing in more comics than ASS did, even using a modicum of his appearances, his "average" is still above ASS.

Starscream M
jake, can thor lift a trillion tons, yes or no?

JakeTheBank
jake, can thor lift a trillion tons, yes or no?

In my estimation, based on what he has done and whom he's matched in strength, I personally don't see why he can't. His strength isn't infinite or anything close to that, but it's so astronomically high I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to quantify it especially given most of his feats don't bother slapping a neat little number on it.

-Pr-
Of course he could lift that much.

Sh3nG L0nG
He's not featless at all.

Mainstream Superman is still superior to ASS, who would have his hands full with Thor.

I disagree though, IMO it's unfair to compare ASS to any character just because of how short the novel was. His implied power is supposed to be greater than that of mainstream superman, that much is implied when it is stated that he is lifting 3x his max (and claims he can lift more) plus he has new bio electric powers.

pym-ftw
Feats trump hyperbole and writer intent
ninja

JakeTheBank
I disagree though, IMO it's unfair to compare ASS to any character just because of how short the novel was. His implied power is supposed to be greater than that of mainstream superman, that much is implied when it is stated that he is lifting 3x his max (and claims he can lift more) plus he has new bio electric powers.

He did nothing that is beyond mainstream Superman, save develop new powers (which Kal has done through various circumstances).

Sh3nG L0nG
Feats trump hyperbole

agreed, so no point in bringing ASS to any discussion then. to say that Thor can hang with him is as accurate as saying Thor can't hang with him.

abhilegend
Even if physically Thor is below him, what about his enormous versatility advantage?
Speed brah.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd suggest looking again.
I did. Nothing changed.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Neither has Thor.

Even barring the excuse that Thor would have some kind of unfair advantage due to appearing in more comics than ASS did, even using a modicum of his appearances, his "average" is still above ASS.
Not at all. Thor doesn't breaks two class 100 people's arms nonchalantly in arm-wrestling.

pym-ftw
What's ASS best speed feat?

JakeTheBank
Speed brah.
I did. Nothing changed.
Not at all. Thor doesn't breaks two class 100 people's arms nonchalantly in arm-wrestling.

Which Thor can and has countered.

Are you sure you've glossed over everything? Maybe your missing some sections, in which case, I can make some recommendations.

Two relatively featless "class 100s".

Sh3nG L0nG
He did nothing that is beyond mainstream Superman, save develop new powers (which Kal has done through various circumstances).

he is immune to kryptonite to which mainstream superman isn't, that alone makes ASS>mainstream superman

-Pr-
he is immune to kryptonite to which mainstream superman isn't, that alone makes ASS>mainstream superman

Not really.

Besides, Mainstream had a resistance to Kryptonite that was the best Superman had ever had it.

abhilegend
Which Thor can and has countered.

Are you sure you've glossed over everything? Maybe your missing some sections, in which case, I can make some recommendations.

Two relatively featless "class 100s".
He has failed when its been used directly at him.

I did. I even checked out rage's respect thread.

Just name two featless class 100 characters who have previously fought with thor and thor broke their arm nonchalantly.

pym-ftw
Thor holding back nearly killed worthy thing

Sh3nG L0nG
Not really.

Besides, Mainstream had a resistance to Kryptonite that was the best Superman had ever had it.

I don't think enough credit is given to ASS because of his limited appearances. ASS was holding back against solaris, but when he killed his pet sun eater he cuts loose and destroyed him rather easily.

Endless Mike
Thor pulled the Midgard Serpent which I'm pretty sure weighed a lot...

abhilegend
Thor holding back nearly killed worthy thing
Fraction thor doesn't know how to hold back.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thor pulled the Midgard Serpent which I'm pretty sure weighed a lot...
Not his average. He failed two times previously.

Endless Mike
But he did it eventually.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Endless Mike
But he did it eventually.
Doesn't change anything I said.

Endless Mike
Doesn't change the fact he did it

-Pr-
I don't think enough credit is given to ASS because of his limited appearances. ASS was holding back against solaris, but when he killed his pet sun eater he cuts loose and destroyed him rather easily.

We go by his feats and how they compare. That's the main thing.

Damborgson
lifting more than Thor would help him in a bench-press competition, not so much for having his head beat in.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
lifting more than Thor would help him in a bench-press competition, not so much for having his head beat in.
He was durable enough to survive a throw that cracked the moon in half while he was at his normal level and solaris' blasts which killed a sun eater while even more weakened. The sundip was gone when he returned from bizarro world.

Damborgson
Good feats.

Batman-Prime
Wasn't ASS supposed to be the Silver Age Superman, or a tribute to him?

Sh3nG L0nG
We go by his feats and how they compare. That's the main thing.

I completely understand that, however, it's kind of unfair considering he doesn't have many feats. The fact is that this is a sundipped version of superman ( we can all agree how much a little sundip helps superman); one who's cells are so oversaturated with power that it's killing him. Grant Morrison himself said that this series was meant to pay tribute to previous era's and also restore superman as the greatest superhero.
by all intents and purposes this superman is capable of any feats performed by mainstream superman, and then some due to his "upgrades"

8swords
ASS vs jobber aura on thor?..

going with ASS laughing laughing

h1a8
ASS wins easily. Much much stronger, and much faster.

DarkSaint85
ASS vs pussy...hmmmm. Tough choice, sometimes. On the one hand, ASS hasn't had as many outings as pussy, and so, you can't really compare feats.

But what I've experienced of ASS is more impressive, even though it was rarer.

ASS FTW.

Sh3nG L0nG
What's ASS best speed feat?

at the end of the comic, he flies into the sun in what appears to be a few seconds.

-Pr-
I completely understand that, however, it's kind of unfair considering he doesn't have many feats. The fact is that this is a sundipped version of superman ( we can all agree how much a little sundip helps superman); one who's cells are so oversaturated with power that it's killing him. Grant Morrison himself said that this series was meant to pay tribute to previous era's and also restore superman as the greatest superhero.
by all intents and purposes this superman is capable of any feats performed by mainstream superman, and then some due to his "upgrades"

Lack of feats still plays a part, though. If you want to claim he's > mainstream Superman, then there has to be more than writer intent.

pym-ftw
at the end of the comic, he flies into the sun in what appears to be a few seconds.
Thor has a very similar feat

Sh3nG L0nG

psycho gundam
How was ASS speed feats? If he uses them, Thor is done for. why make the thread if you think this way? red_bandana

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
why make the thread if you think this way? red_bandana

You know the answer to this riddle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.